What's new

Stories about stupid KRs

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
A guy at my org would often write a KR on someone for body odour - "out hygiene".

It was embarrassing for everyone who had to deal with these KRs but no one could tell him not to write them because they were "on-Policy".

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
OK, my all time best ever KR was written on somebody else. I was just an observer...

A lady, at the time on 7 - there for a 6 month check -and was at some little event. Lady has been overweight all her life.

Anyway, she is munching the goodies and some little teeny-bopper SO member decides to survey her on the event. As all who went through be pestered about surveys the fast thing to do was the damn survey. Lady does survey and then mentions to said 13/14 year old " You want to sample that cheese on this end of the table as everyone who has tried it throws it in the garbage can after tasting it".

New morning. Continuing on Sec Check. lady gets a new Sec Check........overts on food !

Uh, she got it right away. Blew up. Threw the cans down. Ended the session and - God bless her heart - demanded due process of going to ethics AND she insisted on CONFRONTING HER ACCUSOR !.

There was hell to pay on that monumental stupidity.

Oh, the Lady ? Still pissed. Never spent another DIME on scientology - nor has any of her family.

Scientology, the game everybody wins ! ( Is that a generality? )

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think what killed me about KRs was that I actually tried to be sane writing them--stick to facts and such, and I'd get REAMED for doing so. Most of the KRs were BS of "not OK" and whatever and generalities, that it seriously was one thing that stuck me to the cult longer than I should have been stuck...

I seriously thought that maybe the tech on this was right, and it was just the misapplication and such that made it stupid. WAY over that (yay!). KRs on 'someone was being downtone' or someone was 'too uptone' when their stats were down... omfg...

Reading 1984 was quite liberating... *sheesh*.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Way back when I was a struggling auditor starving & dead broke some kind generous public person wanted to pay for a package for me of clear through ot3.
I objected. I was overhead by someone else as I was politely objecting.

Big assed KR on me for something like " not flowing power to power ".

I was also KR'd for having a girl sit on my lap. Nevermind, that there were no chairs available & she was my wife.

So many silly things...........

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I got KR's for not joining the "friends of Ron Club" This was around 1995 and they had a letter that they wanted everyone to sign. It said something like "Are you a friend of Ron?" if so sign this pledge. I may need help in the future and need to know who my friends are. (Or something like that).

It was supposed to be voluntary

I simply did not want to sign it because I just wanted to exercise my power of choice and because I didn't know what this"help" would be that (dead) Ron would need in the future.

So I was called in and told that if I didn't sign the voluntary form I would be kicked out of the org forever.

When asked about the color choices for the Model T, Henry Ford said "You can have any color as long at it is black."

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
That truly makes me sad. Talk about a prison of belief. Here's the perfect illustration. A person on prison detail writing a report complaining about someone showing them compassion.

It made me feel uncomfortable having all those "adults" calling me "sir". I was barely out of high school and it seemed strange for people my parents' age to show me such blind respect.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Skipping the details... one of the many times I got my hiney in a sling was when reading a KR on me sitting in front of a EO in Clearwater I burst out laughing uncontrollably.

It was a very long winded KR written about me by a person who did not any personal first hand knowledge of me.

The EO was serious about it..... I wasn't.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know I'm not the only one who got a KR about out-2D with someone I wasn't even interested in, let alone dating.

Nope, you're not. Called into Ethics to "discuss" the 2D flows I was projecting at a student I was supervising. (KR written by said student)
At the time she was my roommate's (just, days before) ex-2D.
There were no such flows.
Unless someone is really turned on by "What do your materials state?"
The ethics officer seemed to think I should take her up on the 2D.
No fucking way.
Eventually (4 months) she went back to her husband. A very patient and understanding guy.
She brought my roommate's new baby daughter, 4 months old, with her back into her marriage.

Yes, she was just preggers at the time I was called into ethics.

Can't make this shit up.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Eventually (4 months) she went back to her husband. A very patient and understanding guy.
She brought my roommate's new baby daughter, 4 months old, with her back into her marriage.

Can't make this shit up.

Rather than "patient and understanding", I would regard him as masochistic. You just KNOW this check has not plumbed the full depths of her craziness yet. If my wife had left and started a relationship with another guy, I would have filed for divorce the same day.

lkwdblds

Crusader
I only had 2 KR's written on me. At CCLA, I received an "Idleness Chit" from C.Rigney, the Medical Officer. My stats were in affluence that week and I handled my "in basket" so I turned on some music and was reading a magazine I had just bought for about 15 minutes. Her office was near my desk in the basement. As she walked by, I said to her, "How's it going, C.R.? and the next morning a copy of the "Idleness Chit" was in my in box.

The whole thing is very reminiscent of little kids being tattle tales and tattling to their parents or school authorities over very trite matters. Parents and schools with no "tech" discouraged being a tattle tale. Of course, Hubbard encouraged that trait and made it part of his tech so he could have eyes and ears everywhere in his orgs as well as outside of them. This system is really a form of surveillance much more than it is an ethics function.

Can you imagine soldiers in combat tattling on one another? What would that do to the effectiveness of battle troops? Yet we were told we were soldiers and even given Battle Plans.
Lakey

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Truth be told couldn't one say that all KRs are stupid.

No wait...

I have something better

All KRs are stupid, but some KRs are more stupider than others.

Rd00

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nope, you're not. Called into Ethics to "discuss" the 2D flows I was projecting at a student I was supervising. (KR written by said student)
At the time she was my roommate's (just, days before) ex-2D.
There were no such flows.
Unless someone is really turned on by "What do your materials state?"
The ethics officer seemed to think I should take her up on the 2D.
No fucking way.

Can't make this shit up.

Wow, what a winner. Can't blame you for not being interested.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Truth be told couldn't one say that all KRs are stupid.

No wait...

I have something better

All KRs are stupid, but some KRs are more stupider than others.

Rd00

KRs are inherently stupid. If one noticed something that was a crime under Scn "Ethics" codes, one would write a "Crime Report", or whatever. A "Knowledge Report" is a report about something, but you can't think of any specific Scn policy which it violates.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
KRs are inherently stupid. If one noticed something that was a crime under Scn "Ethics" codes, one would write a "Crime Report", or whatever. A "Knowledge Report" is a report about something, but you can't think of any specific Scn policy which it violates.

Holy moley.

So a Knowledge Report is nothing more than an FYI

Rd00

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Some people are proud of how few KR's were written on them - and don't mention how many they wrote on other people - LOL !

I tend to suspect ALL KR's are stupid.

Tuppence

Patron
I guess it must give people a bit of a sense of power to write someone up. It seems like tattling to me. I should write a KR on Lyci for cruel and unnecessary punishment.&nbsp;<br>I can picture her face still. Stern blue eyes, dark hair. I wonder what ever happened to her little sister Penny.&nbsp;<br>The word berthing always makes me think of a woman giving birth.

I Remember both Lyci, Penny, Jenny, Chelsea, Chris and a lot of the oth sea org. kids from NYC - Wog_girl, you still on here?

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I am ashamed to say that I used to tattle on people too, usually with a TTSB report, if I didn't know with absolute certainty, when people were altering the tech in some way or doing something that would impede on their own bridge. For instance, I had a friend on OT3 who wasn't really eating, putting alcohol in her coffee and I suspected she was also making herself vomit after she did eat. I felt she couldn't even fly her rudes, let alone audit herself.

This same friend wound up writing a KR on me saying that I was generally aberrated, messed up on the 2D, and another that said I was talking to her about suicide. That wasn't true (at the time). Ironically, she was kicked out of Flag for threatening to kill herself. She later slept with my 2D while we were doing a chaplain cycle, which was one of the few times I wrote an actual KR on someone.

I have had countless KRs written on me, especially when I was on staff as the OES and the few minutes I was the ED and mentioned to INT that I was struggling with keeping the bills paid at my org. FLUNK! Apparently the mere mention of this caused a flap with a rippling effect all up the lines and I was assigned Enemy. Geez, sorry. Maybe INT shouldn't have taken the ED away and replaced him with someone who ran away with thousands of dollars.

I've also been written up for sleeping with -- another Scientologist! Can you imagine???? Apparently you can not do this at Flag. I'm talking about being a public. I hooked up with another public Scientologist. Some nosy woman thought it was a disgrace, wrote a KR and the next thing I knew, the Italian MAA was screaming in my face. She was like a fire-breathing dragon. About three days later I was walking around the pool at the Ft. Harrison asking people to please sign off on my Liability condition formula. Everybody knew my business.

Anyway, too many KRs to name.