What's new

COS's email response to the Flag Down event

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
No, Kolja is most definitely not a Scandinavian name. I would guess Dutch, and they do use Euros.

The ending sen is typical of Scandinavia, but a Scilon can be from anywhere.

ETA I think he is in fact Russian. Kolja is the Russian pet form of Mikola. Among the Google entries is some Russian translation of something. I also got the idea that he is free-lance, working on commission. Is this how New Era works?

Last edited:

TG1

Angelic Poster
OK, I'll say it:

If you're the only one who received this truly off-the-wall "press release" (which doesn't sound like a typical CoS press release), I think someone's pulling your chain.

TG1

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
On the other hand, Kolja Hinrichsen has what I would take to be a real identity as revealed by Google, a young blond guy who could very well be Russian and who is flogging New Era stuff and appears to have produced a Russian edition of something (which I can't read because it is in Russian of course). :biggrin:

For example he finds he has some last copies of a DVD of Hubbabble and offers them at only $42 each. Is this free-market web-selling? Collapse of central organisation? New ideas to stir up the market? Or a very elaborate joke with no point?

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
The e-mail smells like the work of someone who thinks the way to handle the situation is by trying to overwhelm with sheer quantity. Maybe they believe sheer quantity, no matter how exaggerated, how inapplicable, or how fantasized, can create belief and acceptance.

Kind of like the way most of Hubbard's claims about Scientology strike many of us today. (Too bad my bullshit detector wasn't working so well back then)

For someone never exposed to Scientology, this e-mail might be rather puzzling, at best.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Ron was the "most" four times! Fuckin A! That means a helluva lot to somebody somewhere...not here on Teegeeack but somewhere...

The beer-born Guinness Book started with two twits arguing about bird speed. It reminds me of Hubbard saying the way to make real money is to start a religion.

I think they cult dragged in the Guinness people when they built that stupid book pyramid out of copies of Dianutty that will never sell.

I like some of the names involved. Here's the entry from wiki:

On 10 November 1951, Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of the Guinness Breweries, went on a shooting party in the North Slob, by the River Slaney in County Wexford, Ireland. After missing a shot at a golden plover, he became involved in an argument over which was the fastest game bird in Europe, the golden plover or the red grouse (the former being correct). That evening at Castlebridge House, he realised that it was impossible to confirm in reference books whether or not the golden plover was Europe's fastest game bird.

Last edited:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let's set the record straight here

If The Way to Happiness is a Book

then

L Ron Hubbard Way is an interstate highway.

Thanks for Listening is an opera

The Jive Aces are a symphonic orchestra

L Ron Hubbard's college transcript is a doctoral thesis

L Ron Hubbard's motor home is the American Taj Mahal

Need I say more?

Feel free to add to the list

Rd00

Veda

Sponsor
I received this long long email from flag regarding the flag down 2014 event. It is self explanatory and the usual "handful of apostates, removed for malfeasance". The bullshit and DM ass kissing is amazing.

The shortened version of the email:

anti-Scientologist extremists

human rights

all new religions

apostates

the ecclesiastical leader of the religion, Mr. David Miscavige

millions have embraced Scientology and applaud its effort to build a better world

human rights

religious freedom

condemn this hateful activity

vociferous anti-religionists

the Church of Scientology

the Church

a Church of Scientology

the only world religion to emerge in the 20th century

the Church of Scientology

Church

The Church

The Church

The Church's

religious

Church of Scientology

Scientology religious services

the Scientology religion

RELIGIOUS

ECCLESIASTICAL LEADER

THE SCIENTOLOGY RELIGION

the ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion

Religious

Mr. Miscavige has redefined the term “religious leader”

a truly unique, contemporary religion

a religion born in the twentieth century

Churches,

humanitarian programs

Mr. Hubbard’s religious

the Church

the Scripture of Scientology

the Scientology religion

humanitarian

Scientology Church

Volunteer Ministers

the religion

ecclesiastical

Churches

intensive research

Church

the Church

the religion

Religious

the Scientology religion

religion

it was Mr. Miscavige who secured that survival by obtaining full religious recognition

the only major religion to emerge in this modern age.

Scientology’s millions of parishioners

the religion

Scientology religion

Churches of Scientology

Scientology Churches

social betterment

mitigate intolerance, illiteracy, immorality and drug abuse.

As ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion

the Scripture

Scientology Scripture

the Church

Church history

SPEARHEADING GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN INITIATIVES

drug abuse, illiteracy, immorality and disasters

broad-scale humanitarian movements

moral code

Happiness

greater happiness

harmony

global humanitarian

Human Rights

Education

Human Rights

disaster aid in every corner of the globe

Scientology Volunteer Ministers

Such was the dream of L. Ron Hubbard and such is the work of David Miscavige​

:yes:

Jump

Operating teatime
The beer-born Guinness Book started with two twits arguing about bird speed. It reminds me of Hubbard saying the way to make real money is to start a religion.

I think they cult dragged in the Guinness people when they built that stupid book pyramid out of copies of Dianutty that will never sell.

Reminds me of two people arguing whether OT and Clear really could be true . . .

[video=youtube;liIlW-ovx0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIlW-ovx0Y[/video]

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
There was a point where I was getting more Scn junk mail than from all other sources combined. I was getting stuff from my local org, the org I was at before I moved to a different state, AOLA, ASHO, Flag, IAS. I was getting mail from ENGLAND, from Saint Hill. I'm talking about POUNDS of mail per week. The cost of producing the promo plus mailing it was, in my rough estimation, maybe $50/week or more.

It's since reduced to maybe one piece of promo per week. This may be an indicator that they just don't have the money any more.

Anybody here who is still maintaining the pretense of being in, could you please chime in on how much promo per week you get now versus a few years ago? Along with whether you have gotten upper-level services at an AO/SH/Flag or just local org?

Never-in but married to a lifelong scn sharing the same mailbox. We get 1-3 pieces per day maybe 4 of 6 days per week. Local org, Flag, IAS primarily. Advance and some other publication the name of which escapes me at the moment. Some hand written thank yous from other orgs where donations were made for their new large empty spaces aka Ideal Orgs. The occasional hand written note from the local org. I've never statted the mail weight/piece count (see? I'd make a terrible scn!) but it's definitely decreased even in the last 5 or 6 years. We used to get multiple pieces every day. I would add the hand written pieces are significantly fewer.

Blanky