What's new

For anyone making videos talking about disconnected families...

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
For someone who claims to know so much, who claims all these things of a personal nature about Pat and her family situation, who seems to be bent on sharing his/her opinions about something no one here needs to know about, well.... I think you should identify yourself.

Who are YOU, HollywoodGuy?

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
For someone who claims to know so much, who claims all these things of a personal nature about Pat and her family situation, who seems to be bent on sharing his/her opinions about something no one here needs to know about, well.... I think you should identify yourself.

Who are YOU, HollywoodGuy?

It needs to be known about for the future. You can't include Pat Krenik and her daughter as a disconnection story.

Let's just say I'm someone who was embarrassed by the inclusion of Pat in the video.

Let me give you an example. I know a Scientologist lady, let's call her Debra, who has been disconnected from her mother since the '80s. Her mother (who is not Pat) was declared because she quit the Church to join David Mayo's group and she requested a refund. Debra hasn't spoken to her mother since.

Now let's say Debra's mother started talking on the Internet about how the Church broke up her relationship with her daughter. Let's say Chris Shelton decided to include Debra's mother in his video about Scientology disconnection. What Chris Shelton wouldn't know is that Debra's mother used to beat her as a child, even to the point of breaking her arm one time.

Now if Debra were to see Chris Shelton's video listing parents who had lost their children due to Scientology's disconnection policy, and she saw her mother on there, do you think she would take it seriously? Do you think she'd be as sympathetic to mothers like Lori Hodgson or Sara Goldberg? Or do you think she'd suspect them of being crazy, abusive mothers?

The mind has a confirmation bias. If you believe that people who attack Scientology are criminals, and you see someone who you know has a shady past attacking Scientology, all it does is reinforce that confirmation bias.

Just for the record, Pat didn't beat her children.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It needs to be known about for the future. You can't include Pat Krenik and her daughter as a disconnection story. Let's just say I'm someone who was embarrassed by the inclusion of Pat in the video.

Typical of OSA or someone working on their behalf.

Mary asked you to identify yourself, and your response was to swim around the request with another yet another nonsensical shore story.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Typical of OSA or someone working on their behalf.

Mary asked you to identify yourself, and your response was to swim around the request with another yet another nonsensical shore story. Typical dead-agenting crap.

I really didn't want to force the person to identify themself so much as put them on the spot that posts accusing people of things of a personal nature that cannot be documented should at least prove their relationship. Makes for getting people to stand up for what one says or stfu

Hollywood guy is apparently of the age range of Pat's kids and is acting off of rumor and hearsay.

Terril park

Sponsor
It needs to be known about for the future. You can't include Pat Krenik and her daughter as a disconnection story.

I've known Pat for 16+years and have met her. She has written about disconnection of a daughter on private forums occasionally.

Any efforts at disconnection are.... about disconnection.

You have an alternative agenda?

JustSheila

Crusader
Patricia is 84 years old. What is described is familial neglect and emotional abuse of an elderly person. Mr. Hollywood would apparently like to compound the elder abuse over the Internet? :angry:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Patricia is 84 years old. What is described is familial neglect and emotional abuse of an elderly person. Mr. Hollywood would apparently like to compound the elder abuse over the Internet? :angry:

HollywoodGuy sent me a personal PM & I responded to him that I spent several hours researching Pat Krenik's background. In his PM to me, HollywoodGuy provided me a link to a thread he started on Ex-Scientologist Kids in 2008. I told HG the need for honesty & transparency. He clearly doesn't like transparency, because I called him out on misinformation he posted in the PM. Yes, HollywoodGuy, I know what your real name is & that Pat Krenik is your grandmother.

As I posted in my PM, your grandmother, apparently, has many skeletons in her closet stemming from her 5 marriages & may not have been what you envisioned as the adequate grandparent, but what do you hope to achieve by slamming her here? She's in her mid-80s & sees the world & events in her family history much differently than you & family members that you claimed were harmed by her.

I suggest you take up the matter privately with Chris Shelton, and if he believes what you are telling him, he may be persuaded to take down his "disconnection" video of her. That's between you & Chris.

Last edited:

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
HollywoodGuy sent me a personal PM & I responded to him that I spent several hours researching Pat Krenik's background. In his PM to me, HollywoodGuy provided me a link to a thread he started on Ex-Scientologist Kids in 2008. I told HG the need for honesty & transparency. He clearly doesn't like transparency, because I called him out on misinformation he posted in the PM. Yes, HollywoodGuy, I know what your real name is & that Pat Krenik is your grandmother.

What misinformation did you call me out on? You erroneously jumped to a conclusion just because some last names didn't match up.

As I posted in my PM, your grandmother, apparently, has many skeletons in her closet stemming from her 5 marriages & may not have been what you envisioned as the adequate grandparent, but what do you hope to achieve by slamming her here? She's in her mid-80s & sees the world & events in her family history much differently than you & family members that you claimed were harmed by her.

What I hope to achieve is that people no longer use Pat as a poster child for disconnected families BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT WHAT MY FAMILY MEMBER WHO IS STILL IN SCIENTOLOGY THINKS OF THE CRITICS!

I suggest you take up the matter privately with Chris Shelton, and if he believes what you are telling him, he may be persuaded to take down his "disconnection" video of her. That's between you & Chris.

I talked about this earlier in the thread. Did you not see what I wrote?

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
By the way, Smurf, I sent you a few more PMs, one of them explaining the mismatch of last names. It's kind of complicated, but I hope you can follow it.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
By the way, Smurf, I sent you a few more PMs, one of them explaining the mismatch of last names. It's kind of complicated, but I hope you can follow it.

I see you have sent me 7 PMs today....<DELETED, personal PM info mentioned on board>
[video=youtube;ibxELHcYZFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibxELHcYZFQ[/video]

<DELETED, M2>

Last edited by a moderator:

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
There are multiple hostile & defamatory comments on multiple Internet blogs about Pat Krenik. Some of these defamatory comments actually made it onto the Ancestry.com website. I sense that you are determined to do whatever it takes to retaliate against a family member that you feel has wronged you.

Those are not done by me. Those are done by a woman named Megan, an ex-girlfriend of Pat's son Vale. Those blogs are against Vale, not against Pat (although she gets mentioned). I told you that in two of my PMs.

You say you wish to make a video about the real Pat Krenik. Then, go ahead & make one. It's a free country.

Where did I say I wish to make a video?

I'm just trying to say, from now on, don't use Pat as a disconnection story.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Where did I say I wish to make a video?

Do I have your OK to post your private PM to me?

Also, as I've said before, it is not your call on whether someone chooses to refer to your grandmother's situation as a "disconnection story".

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
Do I have your OK to post your private PM to me?

No, you do not have my okay. I told you stuff in private because I didn't want to talk about it on a public forum. I told you stuff that I requested that you not spread around. Instead of attacking me, I was hoping you would understand my position and say, "Okay, I got it, I understand." Perhaps you could have made a post that said, "HollywoodGuy explained the circumstances, he wishes to keep it private, I understand where he's coming from, let's end the subject."

But you broke my confidence.

You've also called me by my first name. I was specifically posting as HollywoodGuy instead of my other handle on ESK because someone recognized me there and started telling all my friends on Facebook to disconnect from me, as you can see I've talked about in that other thread I shared with you from ESK.

Also, as I've said before, it is not your call on whether someone chooses to refer to your grandmother's situation as a "disconnection story".

Isn't enough that I ask that people don't do it in the future? Isn't it enough that I've said that I have friends and family who are still in the Church, that they would not take critics seriously if Pat was used as a disconnection story?

Last edited:

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
Since you posted this in an open forum, I will respond accordingly. and I will ask you again. What do you hope to accomplish with all the vitriol against your elderly grandmother?

I have already answered this. I care about what friends and family still in the Church think of the critics. They won't take the critics seriously if they see Pat being used as a disconnection.

What I hope to accomplish is that in the future, people leave the topic of Pat's story alone.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
No, you do not have my okay. I told you stuff in private because I didn't want to talk about it on a public forum. I told you stuff that I requested that you not spread around. Instead of attacking me, I was hoping you would understand my position and say, "Okay, I got it, I understand." Perhaps you could have made a post that said, "HollywoodGuy explained the circumstances, he wishes to keep it private, I understand where he's coming from, let's end the subject."

But you broke my confidence. You've also called me by my first name. I was specifically posting as HollywoodGuy instead of my other handle on ESK because someone recognized me there and started telling all my friends on Facebook to disconnect from me, as you can see I've talked about in that other thread I shared with you from ESK.

Rory.. if I wanted to post your private PM, I would not need your OK. I was being courteous.

I also did not invite you to PM me.. you did that on your own accord. I have received other PMs about you & the general consensus if that you are emotionally disturbed, evidence by the extent & depth with which you have disparaged Pat Krenik, made demands on others to change their views of your grandmother because it does not coincide with yours, and blown off any constructive criticism by others to your methods & demeanor.

This is my last post regarding this matter. And, FYI, I confirmed you were not totally honest in your PMs, and when I asked questions, you were evasive.

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
And, FYI, I confirmed you were not totally honest in your PMs, and when I asked questions, you were evasive.

I answered your questions. I gave you the case number like you asked. I told you who my mother was. When you asked why my mother was friends with Pat, I also mentioned Stockholm Syndrome. I told you what my purpose was. Those were the only questions you asked.

The only misinformation you called me out on was that you thought someone else was my mother based on the last name, and I explained to you the reason for that.

I also spent hours writing a longer, more detailed PM to you, but when I sent it, I got an error message that said, "Sorry, we could not process your message, your token has expired" or something like that, and when I hit the back button, all the text I had written was gone.

Last edited: