What's new

Leah Remini and her mother on The Ellen Show Wednesday, 5/28/14

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini and her mother on The Ellen Show Wednesday, 5/28/14.

https://twitter.com/nicoleremini/status/471482088009375744

attachment.php

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Video of the interview on YouTube already. Scientology mentioned at 2.45...

[video=youtube_share;Ow2-Z4NmQYE]http://youtu.be/Ow2-Z4NmQYE[/video]

CommunicatorIC

Leah Remini: Leaving Church Of Scientology Has Brought My Family ‘Closer Together’

Radar Online - Leah Remini: Leaving Church Of Scientology Has Brought My Family ‘Closer Together’
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/leah-remini-church-scientology-reality-show-family/

Excerpt:
Leah Remini‘s, appearing on Wednesday’s edition of Ellen, says leaving the Church of Scientology, and appearing in her new TLC reality show, has strengthened her family bond.

The King of Queens beauty, promoting the yet-to-be-titled show, said she thinks that since she’s defected from the controversial institution, she and her family are “learning new ways to … reconnect with each other.

“So, it really has brought us closer together … we’re stronger and we’re having so much fun together.”

apple

Patron Meritorious
I like when someone is interviewed that they display gratitude, manners, intelligence, being polite and gracious. Even though it may just be moments for the interview, I as a viewer walking away thinking if this person is someone that I would like. Sorry Leah.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I am happy for them and happy scientology's getting more bad press from it but I was put off by her loud interjections, seemingly 'on' persona and rudeness. Especially with making fun of her mother and her choice of underwear the way she did. Maybe this is how she usually is in real life but if that's the case, I probably won't like the show. I hope I see something different. I think it could have been done differently.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
I am happy for them and happy scientology's getting more bad press from it but I was put off by her loud interjections, seemingly 'on' persona and rudeness. Especially with making fun of her mother and her choice of underwear the way she did. Maybe this is how she usually is in real life but if that's the case, I probably won't like the show. I hope I see something different. I think it could have been done differently.

Reality shows are not for everybody. Personally, I can't stand them. If I want to watch "reality", I can just sit on my front porch and watch my neighbors.

But if Leah is herself in this show, and her family members are themselves, and having fun, and being family, and NOT Ronbots.... that is a good thing and a big FU to the Co$. I am a fan of that and support that. Maybe her reality show is a segueway to her book... if she is still going to write one. Who knows?

CommunicatorIC

Leah Remini: My mom got a tramp stamp after leaving Scientology

I think this is cute, and shows a bit of healthy rebelliousness on mom's part. My prediction is that mom is going to come across well on the reality show. YMMV.

Zap2it: Leah Remini: My mom got a tramp stamp after leaving Scientology
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/leah_remini_scientology_mom_tattoo_tramp_stamp_ellen_degeneres-2014-05
"It's really inappropriate," Remini admits. Fans will have to wait until the Reminis' reality show premieres to actually see the tattoo.

As for their exit from the Church, Remini says, "Now that we're gone, we're learning new ways to reconnect with each other. It really has brought us closer together." But not the tattoo, though; that's something they aren't getting closer over.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
It would be great if while she has the show on the air her books comes out about her time in Scientology because the "church" would just have to shut up and take it, they could not overcome that much air time. but I doubt she is going to talk about Scientology very much.

She just comes across to me as a New Yorker in this vid with Ellen. :biggrin:

I do wish her and her family all the best! Hope the new show is successful and fun for them.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It would be great if while she has the show on the air her books comes out about her time in Scientology because the "church" would just have to shut up and take it, they could not overcome that much air time. but I doubt she is going to talk about Scientology very much.

Leah's done several media interviews already & she's gone to great effort to downplay her quitting Scientology, allowing her sister Nicole to speak in her behalf of all-things Scientology. Leah's focus has been on family & career & doesn't want to be caught up in the criticism of the cult.

I think, for right now, it's the best move for her doing the reality show. It will also help prove how out of touch with the world Kirstie Alley is after calling her a "bigot".

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...real-reason-shes-reality-tv/story?id=22912106

FoTi

Crusader
I like when someone is interviewed that they display gratitude, manners, intelligence, being polite and gracious. Even though it may just be moments for the interview, I as a viewer walking away thinking this person is someone that I would like. Sorry Leah.

I agree...she seems a bit crude, kind of rude.....lacking class....kind of grated on my nerves.....not good for a public appearance. :no:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I agree...she seems a bit crude, kind of rude.....lacking class....kind of grated on my nerves.....not good for a public appearance. :no:

Leah says was fired from the talk show, 'The Talk" for being "too ghetto". She blamed Sharon Osbourne for her being fired.

[video=youtube;YZMENAinv5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMENAinv5k[/video]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-confirms-she-will-228400

Several media sources reported that Leah acted like a diva behind-the-scenes, who would bring her mother to the CBS lot & her mom, Vicki Marshall, would not park in her assigned parking space. There's a pecking order on who gets what parking spaces on a studio lot.

http://www.celebitchy.com/174979/leah_remini_julie_chen_the_ladies_of_the_talk_are_ bitch-fighting/

JustSheila

Crusader
^^ I think Leah's acting rough intentionally and the minor spar with her mother over the tattoo was just to get viewers curious about her new reality show. :yes: It looks like she and her mother rehearsed this.

In a way, taking on that sort of a media personality character must be driving Kirsti Alley nuts, since that has always been her primary media character ever since the "Cheers" television show, whether Kirsti gives interviews or texts, she's the epitomy of rough and uncouth.

Leah's such a mild version and a whole lot more fun.

Sindy

Crusader
^^ I think Leah's acting rough intentionally and the minor spar with her mother over the tattoo was just to get viewers curious about her new reality show. :yes: It looks like she and her mother rehearsed this.

In a way, taking on that sort of a media personality character must be driving Kirsti Alley nuts, since that has always been her primary media character ever since the "Cheers" television show, whether Kirsti gives interviews or texts, she's the epitomy of rough and uncouth.

Leah's such a mild version and a whole lot more fun.

I think you are spot on (as usual). :) Still, it was a little rough to watch. I have an idea of Leah in my world and I hope it doesn't get shattered. I want to continue to like her as much as I do. I didn't so much today, unfortunately.

I guess I am disappointed that she has to go down the Jerry Springer route, so to speak. To me, she has so much talent. I really wish the big honchos saw it and took her under their wings and gave her the career I think her talent warrants. I am not a reality show watcher so I suppose I am being a bit judgmental. I find them unsophisticated, banal corn and games.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I think it was unfortunate that she didn't actually answer the question about Scientology - she just talked about how much closer her family was. The question was whether she would have felt that she COULD have done a reality show while she was in Scientology and I would personally have been really interested in the answer. Truthfully I don't think anyone in Scientology would have stopped her as long as it was not unflattering to the cult - if it brought good publicity for them then they would have been all for it. But we'll never know the answer to that because she didn't answer the question and I freaking HATE TR-How-Not-To-Answer-A-Question or whatever it was called - I never like it in a person. I find it untrustworthy that they won't at least say "I don't want to talk about it", or "I don't want to answer that". I think that was unfortunate because Leah's appeal to me on a personal level has been that she was a person I thought was honest and didn't indulge in bullshit.

So that was a bit disappointing, and I also feel from where I came from, that the comment about the gift was a bit unfortunate because being Ellen it was quite likely to be a joke present and so that made her sound more like a diva than she probably is. I think she was joking about the joke gift but it fell a bit flat. I think it was one of those things that you would have had to really know her to know she was joking and I think she might have to watch that.

But at the end of the day we all are who we are and we just have to be ourselves and stuff who the rest of the world wants us to be or thinks we should be.

I think the headlines that came out of that were great (Thank you, Leah, yay!!) and I wish her all the best for the show.

Edit: I think, on her show, she will really have to watch trying to be "interesting" and keep being "interested" or she will come off badly.

Edit to the edit: Also she LOOKED a million dollars - absolutely beautiful!! She's looking really, really well. She looks ten years younger to me - at least - and not in a facelifty way - in a losing a heavy burden and regaining self-confidence kind of way. I was absolutely struck by her beauty this time.

Edit-to-the-edit-to-the-edit: Also also, I thought her mum Vicki came across really well. I love her face and her smile. She looks like a really nice person and I think granny underwear and tattoos are awesome! Go, mum!! Lol!

Last edited:

Little mentions of scientology from Leah gets publicity, so I guess we will get more morsels.

And how about a win win sit for all of us except the cult, by provoking Kirstie to get into a feud leading up to a massive head to head with Leah. That would be a good reality show.

Kirstie! Kirstie! Where are you? Your religion sucks! Leah has bigger balls than you. Leah is a massively bigger thetan than you, and you SCOHB!

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think it was unfortunate that she didn't actually answer the question about Scientology - she just talked about how much closer her family was. The question was whether she would have felt that she COULD have done a reality show while she was in Scientology and I would personally have been really interested in the answer.

Yes ......I did not like that either. That was the only question that I was interested in and she didn't answer it on purpose.

It was such a great question.

Here is how it could have gone:

Leah: "Sure Ellen I could have had a reality show because Scientology wants to have well known celebrities associated with them but it would have been difficult because I could not say anything critical about it. I couldn't even say anything truthful about Scientology unless that truth were really good.

In fact we have a policy against "joking and degrading" comments.

And Ellen, there is no way they would let me bring cameras to the church.

I couldn't imagine showing a segment of me going to Flag for my 6 month check where they interrogate me.

In fact there is no way I would get through that session at all because they would ask me if I am connected to anyone who is against Scientology. And I am thinking yes half of Hollywood!

I couldn't talk about the fact that these interrogation sessions would cost me $30,000

I could not show how I go into my closet 5 times a day to to audit out body thetans.

They would not want me to show you that I walk around with a briefcase literally handcuffed to my wrist and then put the secret folders away in a safe.

So yes Ellen I could have had the show while I was in Scientology but it would have been a big lie."

I just don't think her purpose is to shut down nor expose Scientology. I think she just wants to get on with the rest of her life. But she will retaliate if they harass her. And I think the "church" is at least smart enough not to harass her.

Also I don't think that her having a reality show will get anyone who is in to get out because IMO she comes across as low class and crude, or at best a "tough chick." So a Scientologist will say "See she is out ethics and that is why she left.