What's new

THE BLACK HEART OF DIANETICS AND SCIENTOLOGY;THE BLACK HEART OF L RON HUBBARD

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
This post is going to be long and not for the faint of heart; it'll have some of the dirtiest nastiest secrets in dianetics and scientology and be controversial and screamed against and decried; it WILL break hearts, disillusion and shatter beliefs. I am sorry for any upset or turmoil it causes ,BUT I will do everything I can to be honest and I KNOW how hard this information is to consider and accept.
I went through it when I found out the awful truth myself and it shattered MY beliefs PERMANENTLY.

lrh used hypnosis as the basis for most ,if not all ,the technology in dianetics and scientology. That has been stated before, BUT judging how scientologists talk, think and act, many don't have a clue both what this means and how far spanning it's scope and effects are.

As I've stated elsewhere I've seen scientologists state that scientology is hypnosis smugly ,but still show that they don't have a clue what hypnosis is, and still use hypnotic language patterns induced by dianetics and scientology indoctrination and think with parts of "the tech "that are the tech of hypnotizing people merely repackaged under another name.

Something is not always what we call it ;it's what it functions as, to be blunt hypnosis to work can be called ANYTHING ,as long as you do the steps to hypnotize ,whether you know it or not it can FUNCTION as hypnosis. Cult leaders,doctors,medicine men ,witch doctors etc. have been using this for MILLENIA ! Almost always calling it different names and believing it's magic, or spirits, or divine inspiration or the force of will etc ..

UNDERSTANDING why and how hypnosis works is not needed to use it. I can drive a car and I have no clue how it works. The hypnotist just uses natural phenomena of the mind by performing the right actions; it's like a musician doesn't need to understand the inside of a piano or guitar or synthesizer or sound board to use them, he just needs to play the instrument and somehow people have discovered ,over and over, in culture after culture how to hypnotize, no matter what they called it or how they thought it worked!

I have seen expert exscientologist protesters on TV proclaim scientology is hypnosis! only to have a reporter then say, okay HOW is scientology hypnosis? Then the EXPERT says oh I don't know anything about hypnosis!

If you believe you know what is and isn't hypnosis in dianetics and scientology then please answer the following questions HONESTLY: what are the methods of hypnotic induction ? What are hypnoidal states ? what are conversational and covert hypnosis? what is mimicry? regression ? guided imagery ?
WARNING if you are now ready to go off and study hypnosis I must warn you that tapes and writings on hypnosis often include hypnotic tecnhiques and language patterns THEMSELVES to induce favorable attitudes towards the subject, including beliefs that it can't make you do anything you don't want to, but that's a total lie !
It's a boobytrapped subject! Much like dianetics and scientology! But there is a trick to partially bypass the traps, a method where you only isolate and study small pieces of objective info NOT written by or for hypnotists; Jon Atack's articles on it ,and everything he wrote in scientology mythbusting are excellent and so are Arnie Lerma's at lermanet on hypnosis.

In particular The ones on lrh tapes educational dianetics 1950 and confusion 1952. This is covered very well (and briefly )by dean Fox on rant rave and I concur with his conclusions.
I know that hypnosis in auditing has been exposed by Arnie Lerma and Jon Atack and others ,BUT I believe scientologists are largely ignorant of how it works and what was done to them in auditing and so are still CONFUSED and often hampered in their recovery by this confusion.

In addition and even more to the heart of the matter hypnosis is covertly employed in many other ways in the practice and doctrines of dianetics and scientology. I will touch on just a few to begin to make my point.Many scientologists and exes contend that study tech is innocuous ,or at worst tiresome and boring. Well I contend that it is itself a form of mind control and coercive persuasion so cleverly hidden as to be virtually undetectable.

The first thing to know about mind control is that it can exist and be in a non obvious form. The second is to know that hypnosis (or mind control) works sometimes and not always;that it has different forms and methods and they affect different people to varying degrees ,and some people not at all; they can have a slow cumulative effect becoming stronger very gradually.One method might work on an individual while another doesn't, BUT several together cumulatively may be much more powerful.

This helps hide hypnosis as people who are not hypnotized don' t comply with hypnotic commands and suggestions making it appear that you are CHOOSING to cooperate ,when in fact unknowing hypnotic subjects are "cooperating" with their critical and independent thinking skills shut off ,or down , and regressed to a childlike trusting state. NOT free to choose and evaluate what is happening!

As an example I will contend that method 3 word clearing is itself a hypnotic method! lrh wrote and spoke in many hypnotic patterns as many others have thoroughly covered , BUT the new info I present is that CONFUSION is used to induce (bring on a hypnotic state) in word clearing even without hypnotic materials. Confusion (or paradox) is used to induce hypnosis by confusing a person's mind directing their conscious attention onto what they are confused by, lowering their ability to percieve what they hear and read critically and independently, just intaking it without evaluation.

In method 3 a student finishes reading a page,paragraph or sentence and KNOWS they understood what they read BUT they have "mu phenomena"( which are really mostly renamed symptoms of hypnosis or critical or independent thoughts about what is studied).
The student then knows they must have mus and so CONFUSE their own mind!

This contradiction opens up the door to a dirty trick lrh figured out. If you give a confused person an answer,even if it's wrong they ,can feel relieved as they can now direct their mind off the confusion and onto something else! This is a natural phenomena as people ,often when confused, leave alone whats confusing them and concentrate on something else with no resolution of the confusion, and yet feel better!

This masks that "study" in scientology ( and anywhere else study tech is used) is actually a kind of self hypnosis where the student puts themself into a progressive ,deepening light semipermanent trance that greatly deepens when returning to course or study, or even evetually when reading ANYTHING as how the person thinks about reading and language can change.

Their own mind can RUN the study tech on themself ESPECIALLY if this is flanked and bolstered by the loaded language in dianetics and scientology; in and of itself designed to produce the same effect with another variation of a hypnotic technique.

I know this sounds outrageous and many will reflexively say "NO I got gains from study tech ! "There really are words to learn! Yes there are words to learn, BUT MUs as lrh defined them DON't exist and are just a clever misdirection ,with the tiniest sliver of truth perverted to deceive, to hide the hypnotic regressed state he wanted you to "intake '' scientology and dianetics.

I also contend that the demoing is used to regress your mind ,increasing vulnerability and the idea of handling gradients similarly is a hypnotic technique used to misdirect you! He tells you your confusion is with something prior ,making you go on witch hunt for a red herring ,and feeling "relieved" when you find an "answer"!

Please have the courage to look at both sides of this theory and learn about hypnosis and what lrh said about it PARTICULARLY in the references Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma site.

I'm truly sorry for any upsets and grief this info causes, I'm only telling you because my conscience demands it. Best of luck with this.
Thank you

Last edited:

mockingbird

Additionally, virtually EVERYTHING lrh wrote on CONFUSION is actually used to INDUCE confusion and hypnosis. This includes the ethics condition
:it misdirects you from a confusion to blame yourself for "being out of present time" when in fact this is a total misdirection ,SEEMINGLY relieving the confusion BUT actually inducing MORE! What a great guy that lrh, he will ALWAYS kick , er ENSLAVE ,you when you are down. I have a lot more info on this :it's where I live. BUT, I want YOU to share yours and tell me what you think,especially anything that confirms or expands on this.:thumbsup:
Oh, and if you agree PLEASE get the word out and send others to this thread.:thumbsup:

Free Being Me

Crusader
This post is going to be long and not for the faint of heart; it'll have some of the dirtiest nastiest secrets in dianetics and scientology and be controversial and screamed against and decried; it WILL break hearts, disillusion and shatter beliefs. I am sorry for any upset or turmoil it causes ,BUT I will do everything I can to be honest and I KNOW how hard this information is to consider and accept. >snipped for brevity<

Additionally, virtually EVERYTHING lrh wrote on CONFUSION is actually used to INDUCE confusion and hypnosis. This includes the ethics condition
:it misdirects you from a confusion to blame yourself for "being out of present time" when in fact this is a total misdirection ,SEEMINGLY relieving the confusion BUT actually inducing MORE! What a great guy that lrh, he will ALWAYS kick , er ENSLAVE ,you when you are down. I have a lot more info on this :it's where I live. BUT, I want YOU to share yours and tell me what you think,especially anything that confirms or expands on this.:thumbsup:
Oh, and if you agree PLEASE get the word out and send others to this thread.:thumbsup:

No doubt, mockingbird. Elcon's use of hypnotic techniques within his writings and so called tek is one of the manipulative cornerstones of $cientology. Another one of those cornerstones is inflicting cognitive dissonance to engineer a prefabricated cultist identity utilizing personality splitting to create a distorted fractured altered reality persona. This effectively shuts down/shunts critical thinking and emotional intelligence while leaving a cult follower incapable of any comprehension/feeling outside of his or hers indoctrination.

A malignant narcissist sociopath's holy grail is $cientology; utter manipulation and subjugation while not only having followers paying for it but praising it as well with the deceptive label: freedom. Here are some quotes you might find interesting.

Hubbard's scientology is carefully prepared, step by step to indoctrinate with progressively deeper manipulative mind control. Hypnosis, cognitive dissonance, trauma bonding, fractured belief boundaries, deceptively altered personal identity, cognitive mind rewiring, emotional abuse numbing, all of these areas were specifically chosen by hubbard to create a scientologist. What good things are contained in scientology to benefit anyone? None, this is the stuff of madness and misery to control individuals and populations and make them like it or die. The mental floss that one is internally masturbating to is there on purpose, it's there to suck you in and keep you in. And that's what keeps people in, thinking that scientology has some positive value, it's what got me in, I watch people struggle with this very issue while coping with their cult recovery. As long as a person believes scientology is beneficial to themselves and mankind, they are slaves though they don't see the shackles. Consciously choosing to see those shackles is what cult recovery is all about.

Hubbard's so called scientology auditing (based on dianetics) is cognitive dissociation resulting in narcissistic egotism. This is the stuff of mind control, the mental masturbation candy that is touted as sometimes being beneficial from the cognitive dissonance of traumatic bonding that is the heart of scientology. Cognitive dissonance is the natural result of traumatic bonding, resulting in the person reframing their reality and the denial of a traumatic event. It's an insidiously clever piece of psychological manipulation resulting in a fractured identity, emotional damage, and why people here don't recommend it, we lived it and many have recovered or are the process of recovery. Of course scientology sounds appealing, it's why we joined, however what we got was empty promises, broken families, raped minds, twisted lives, and a lot of deaths and suicides, not to mention a whole host of other abuses and crimes all in the name of spiritual freedom. This way lies madness. Do you really want that for yourself?

Traumatic Bonding
http://victimsofpsychopaths.wordpress.com/traumatic-bonding/
Traumatic bonding is “strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.” (Dutton & Painter, 1981). Several conditions have been identified that must be present for a traumatic bond to occur.

–(1). There must be an imbalance of power, with one person more in control of key aspects of the relationship, such as setting themselves up as the “authority” through such things as controlling the finances, or making most of the relationship decisions, or using threats and intimidations, so the relationship has become lopsided.

–(2). The abusive behavior is sporadic in nature. It is characterized by intermittent reinforcement, which means there is the alternating of highly intense positives (such as intense kindness or affection) and the negatives of the abusive behavior.

–(3). The victim engages in denial of the abuse for emotional self- protection. In severe abuse (this can be psychological or physical), one form of psychological protection strategy is dissociation, where the victim experiences the abuse as if it is not happening to them, but as if they are outside their body watching the scene unfold (like watching a movie). Dissociative states allow the victim to compartmentalize the abusive aspects of the relationship in order to focus on the positive aspects.

The use of denial and distancing oneself from the abuse are forms of what is called cognitive dissonance. In abusive relationships this means that what is happening to the victim is so horrible, so far removed from their thoughts and expectations of the world, that it is “dissonant” or “out of tune” or “at odds” with their pre-existing expectations and reality. Since the victim feels powerless to change the situation, they rely on emotional strategies to try to make it less dissonant, to try to somehow make it fit. To cope with the contradicting behaviors of the abuser, and to survive the abuse, the person literally has to change how they perceive reality. Studies also show a person is more loyal and committed to a person or situation that is difficult, uncomfortable, or even humiliating, and the more the victim has invested in the relationship, the more they need to justify their position. Cognitive dissonance is a powerful “self-preservation” mechanism which can completely distort and override the truth, with the victim developing a tolerance for the abuse and “normalizing” the abusers behavior, despite evidence to the contrary.

–(4). The victim masks that the abuse is happening, may not have admitted it to anyone, not even themselves.

Trauma bonding makes it easier for a victim to survive within the relationship, but it severely undermines the victims self-structures, undermining their ability to accurately evaluate danger, and impairs their ability to perceive of alternatives to the situation.

Once a trauma bond is established it becomes extremely difficult for the victim to break free of the relationship. The way humans respond to trauma is thought to have a biological basis and reactions to trauma was first described a century ago, with the term “railroad spine” being used. Another term used has been “shell shocked”.

Victims overwhelmed with terror suffer from an overload of their system, and to be able to function they must distort reality. They often shut down emotionally, and sometimes later describe themselves as having felt “robotic”, intellectually knowing what happened, but feeling frozen or numb and unable to take action. A victim must feel safe and out of “survival mode” before they will be able to make cognitive changes.

Many victims feel the compulsion to tell and retell the events of the trauma in an attempt to come to terms with what happened to them and to try to integrate it, reaching out to others for contact, safety, and stability. Other victims react in an opposite manner, withdrawing into a shell of self-imposed isolation. The trauma bond can persist even after the victim leaves the relationship, with it sometimes taking months, or even years, for them to completely break the bond.

1743457_10151867278911167_641990511_n.jpg

Last edited:

mockingbird

Thanks Free Being Me, great post,
I think the key to helping get this out is is to make it understandable to people of average intelligence and education;possibly even in a picture book similar to BSM!

But with the truth about what each part of the tech is, in very simple terms with pictures to help free the enslaved, help the freed with understanding what was done to them and how ,to assist in cult recovery and to educate the public to protect them from scientology,and other immoral predators!

I think we should somehow get a group of short simple books , each maybe the size of a VM booklet to explain each part of the con/enslavement so if someone was on dianetics they'd read the corresponding book etc..

I already am starting to think with this and want to do ones for even the seemingly decent parts like the dynamics ,the conditions, ARC , KRC ,pts/sp etc .. Many seemingly harmless parts of the "tech" are enslaving in hidden ways and often have been used in other totalist movements , when their origins and past use are revealed it will be much easier to show their true purpose!:thumbsup::dancer:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

One of the first "confusion" points for me was actually by hubbard "the ridge on the bridge" IIRC the statement.

You see I read Dianetics and wanted to go "clear", and after about 75 hours of book 1 dianetics, I was then sold to do a life repair. Confusion being why not continue dianetics and why do scientology life repair?

Well, my reg sat me down and asked me what was ruining my life? We discussed it for a bit and I said I wanted a girlfriend and my attention was on that at the time. So the Life Repair was to handle that, help me get a girlfriend.

That point actually caused a confusion in me, but I was hard sold (caring about the person) to do the scientology life repair which of course I questioned at the time as I didn't know about scientology, and I certainly was not looking for a religion, always a button for me. But I was hard sold (caring about the person) into doing the scientology life repair. And then the purif, and then the next thing you know I'm on the Bridge to total freedom. :duh:

Funny thing is the life repair totally sucked, it didn't help. I never got a girlfiend after the life repair. But I had in my mind thru reading dianetics that hubbard was an authority and his techniques which could solve all my problems in life, that is attaining the state of "clear". For I thought Hubbard had studied all about the mind and found the secrets, Hubbard positioned himself in my mind as the authority, as a creditable expert.

And what is also funny now that I look back, not having a girlfriend at the time was not ruining my life, I was doing good at the time. Not having a girlfriend was something I wanted and needed, but it wasn't ruining my life.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Thanks Free Being Me, great post,
I think the key to helping get this out is is to make it understandable to people of average intelligence and education;possibly even in a picture book similar to BSM! But with the truth about what each part of the tech is, in very simple terms wiith pictures to help free the enslaved, help the freed with understanding what was done to them and how ,to assist in cult recovery and to educate the public to protect them from scientology,and other immoral predators!
I think we should somehow get a group of short simple books , each maybe the size of a VM booklet to explain each part of the con/enslavement so if someone was on dianetics they'd read the corresponding book etc.. I already am starting to think with this and want to do ones for even the seemingly decent parts like the dynamics ,the conditions, ARC , KRC ,pts/sp etc .. Many seemingly harmless parts of the "tech" are enslaving in hidden ways and often have been used in other totalist movements , when their origins and past use are revealed it will be much easier to show their true purpose!:thumbsup::dancer:

As Arnie and Gib have pointed out in the past (please correct me if I'm wrong), pseudo science, fallacies, rhetoric, self serving bias, false dilemma's et al are inherent within Elcon's use of persuasion to forward his cultist claims & agendas.

Using your own insights and culling through the vast amount of posts by Ex's here or better yet asking for help on this thread could yield a tremendous amount of information for your idea.

Purple Rain

Crusader
This post is going to be long and not for the faint of heart; it'll have some of the dirtiest nastiest secrets in dianetics and scientology and be controversial and screamed against and decried; it WILL break hearts, disillusion and shatter beliefs. I am sorry for any upset or turmoil it causes ,BUT I will do everything I can to be honest and I KNOW how hard this information is to consider and accept.
I went through it when I found out the awful truth myself and it shattered MY beliefs PERMANENTLY.
lrh used hypnosis as the basis for most ,if not all ,the technology in dianetics and scientology. That has been stated before, BUT judging how scientologists talk, think and act, many don't have a clue both what this means and how far spanning it's scope and effects are.
As I've stated elsewhere I've seen scientologists state that scientology is hypnosis smugly ,but still show that they don't have a clue what hypnosis is, and still use hypnotic language patterns induced by dianetics and scientology indoctrination and think with parts of "the tech "that are the tech of hypnotizing people merely repackaged under another name. Something is not always what we call it ;it's what it functions as, to be blunt hypnosis to work can be called ANYTHING ,as long as you do the steps to hypnotize ,whether you know it or not it can FUNCTION as hypnosis. Cult leaders,doctors,medicine men ,witch doctors etc. have been using this for MILLENIA ! Almost always calling it different names and believing it's magic, or spirits, or divine inspiration or the force of will etc .. UNDERSTANDING why and how hypnosis works is not needed to use it. I can drive a car and I have no clue how it works. The hypnotist just uses natural phenomena of the mind by performing the right actions; it's like a musician doesn't need to understand the inside of a piano or guitar or synthesizer or sound board to use them, he just needs to play the instrument and somehow people have discovered ,over and over, in culture after culture how to hypnotize, no matter what they called it or how they thought it worked!
I have seen expert exscientologist protesters on TV proclaim scientology is hypnosis! only to have a reporter then say, okay HOW is scientology hypnosis?
Then the EXPERT says oh I don't know anything about hypnosis!
If you believe you know what is and isn't hypnosis in dianetics and scientology then please answer the following questions HONESTLY: what are the methods of hypnotic induction ? What are hypnoidal states ? what are conversational and covert hypnosis? what is mimicry? regression ? guided imagery ?
WARNING if you are now ready to go off and study hypnosis I must warn you that tapes and writings on hypnosis often include hypnotic tecnhiques and language patterns THEMSELVES to induce favorable attitudes towards the subject, including beliefs that it can't make you do anything you don't want to, but that's a total lie !
It's a boobytrapped subject! Much like dianetics and scientology! But there is a trick to partially bypass the traps, a method where you only isolate and study small pieces of objective info NOT written by or for hypnotists; Jon Atack's articles on it ,and everything he wrote in scientology mythbusting are excellent and so are Arnie Lerma's at lermanet on hypnosis.
In particular The ones on lrh tapes educational dianetics 1950 and confusion 1952. This is covered very well (and briefly )by dean Fox on rant rave and I concur with his conclusions.
I know that hypnosis in auditing has been exposed by Arnie Lerma and Jon Atack and others ,BUT I believe scientologists are largely ignorant of how it works and what was done to them in auditing and so are still CONFUSED and often hampered in their recovery by this confusion.
In addition and even more to the heart of the matter hypnosis is covertly employed in many other ways in the practice and doctrines of dianetics and scientology. I will touch on just a few to begin to make my point
Many scientologists and exes contend that study tech is innocuous ,or at worst tiresome and boring. Well I contend that it is itself a form of mind control and coercive persuasion so cleverly hidden as to be virtually undetectable.
The first thing to know about mind control is that it can exist and be in a non obvious form. The second is to know that hypnosis (or mind control) works sometimes and not always;that it has different forms and methods and they affect different people to varying degrees ,and some people not at all; they can have a slow cumulative effect becoming stronger very gradually.One method might work on an individual while another doesn't, BUT several together cumulatively may be much more powerful. This helps hide hypnosis as people who are not hypnotized don' t comply with hypnotic commands and suggestions making it appear that you are CHOOSING to cooperate ,when in fact unknowing hypnotic subjects are "cooperating" with their critical and independent thinking skills shut off ,or down , and regressed to a childlike trusting state. NOT free to choose and evaluate what is happening!
As an example I will contend that method 3 word clearing is itself a hypnotic method! lrh wrote and spoke in many hypnotic patterns as many others have thoroughly covered , BUT the new info I present is that CONFUSION is used to induce (bring on a hypnotic state) in word clearing even without hypnotic materials. Confusion (or paradox) is used to induce hypnosis by confusing a person's mind directing their conscious attention onto what they are confused by, lowering their ability to percieve what they hear and read critically and independently, just intaking it without evaluation.
In method 3 a student finishes reading a page,paragraph or sentence and KNOWS they understood what they read BUT they have "mu phenomena"( which are really mostly renamed symptoms of hypnosis or critical or independent thoughts about what is studied).
This contradiction opens up the door to a dirty trick lrh figured out. If you give a confused person an answer,even if it's wrong they ,can feel relieved as they can now direct their mind off the confusion and onto something else! This is a natural phenomena as people ,often when confused, leave alone whats confusing them and concentrate on something else with no resolution of the confusion, and yet feel better!
This masks that "study" in scientology ( and anywhere else study tech is used) is actually a kind of self hypnosis where the student puts themself into a progressive ,deepening light semipermanent trance that greatly deepens when returning to course or study, or even evetually when reading ANYTHING as how the person thinks about reading and language can change. Their own mind can RUN the study tech on themself ESPECIALLY if this is flanked and bolstered by the loaded language in dianetics and scientology; in and of itself designed to produce the same effect with another variation of a hypnotic technique.
I know this sounds outrageous and many will reflexively say NO I got gains from study tech ! There really are words to learn! Yes there are words to learn, BUT MUs as lrh defined them DON't exist and are just a clever misdirection ,with the tiniest sliver of truth perverted to deceive, to hide the hypnotic regressed state he wanted you to "intake '' scientology and dianetics. I also contend that the demoing is used to regress your mind ,increasing vulnerability and the idea of handling gradients similarly is a hypnotic technique used to misdirect you! He tells you your confusion is with something prior ,making you go on witch hunt for a red herring ,and feeling "relieved" when you find an "answer"!
Please have the courage to look at both sides of this theory and learn about hypnosis and what lrh said about it PARTICULARLY in the references Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma site.
I'm truly sorry for any upsets and grief this info causes, I'm only telling you because my conscience demands it. Best of luck with this.
Thank you

Mockingbird, have you heard of the thing about a wall of text? No matter how worthy, I could not possibly bear to read something with so little white space. Please could you use some line breaks between your paragraphs?

The wall of text is like the wall of fire, but far less penetrable! Lol!

I mean this in a nice, helpful way, not a critical sort of a way. I hope you will take this comment in the spirit it's intended.

mockingbird

Thanks ,Free Being Me, you bring up a lot of great points ,but I think a lot of things like persuasion ,rhetoric etc. are subjects that people back off studying and just go" whatever I don't know, I guess maybe " to .

So I'm trying to find ways to, without greatly demanding that people get deep into these things, they can be given simple ,easily understandable info that will DISARM some of lrh's techniques ,and open up the possibility that they can take baby steps, like studying bite size ideas, such as logical fallacies and simple little small tools to undo the trap.

THEN ,if they are motivated by what they've learned ,they can dive into the deeper water of rhetoric and critical thinking,cultic studies, totalitarian group characteristics etc.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mockingbird, have you heard of the thing about a wall of text? No matter how worthy, I could not possibly bear to read something with so little white space. Please could you use some line breaks between your paragraphs?

The wall of text is like the wall of fire, but far less penetrable! Lol!

I mean this in a nice, helpful way, not a critical sort of a way. I hope you will take this comment in the spirit it's intended.
Line spacing added:

As I've stated elsewhere I've seen scientologists state that scientology is hypnosis smugly ,but still show that they don't have a clue what hypnosis is, and still use hypnotic language patterns induced by dianetics and scientology indoctrination and think with parts of "the tech "that are the tech of hypnotizing people merely repackaged under another name. Something is not always what we call it ;it's what it functions as, to be blunt hypnosis to work can be called ANYTHING ,as long as you do the steps to hypnotize ,whether you know it or not it can FUNCTION as hypnosis. Cult leaders,doctors,medicine men ,witch doctors etc. have been using this for MILLENIA ! Almost always calling it different names and believing it's magic, or spirits, or divine inspiration or the force of will etc .. UNDERSTANDING why and how hypnosis works is not needed to use it. I can drive a car and I have no clue how it works. The hypnotist just uses natural phenomena of the mind by performing the right actions; it's like a musician doesn't need to understand the inside of a piano or guitar or synthesizer or sound board to use them, he just needs to play the instrument and somehow people have discovered ,over and over, in culture after culture how to hypnotize, no matter what they called it or how they thought it worked!

I have seen expert exscientologist protesters on TV proclaim scientology is hypnosis! only to have a reporter then say, okay HOW is scientology hypnosis?
Then the EXPERT says oh I don't know anything about hypnosis!

In addition and even more to the heart of the matter hypnosis is covertly employed in many other ways in the practice and doctrines of dianetics and scientology. I will touch on just a few to begin to make my point

Many scientologists and exes contend that study tech is innocuous ,or at worst tiresome and boring. Well I contend that it is itself a form of mind control and coercive persuasion so cleverly hidden as to be virtually undetectable.

The first thing to know about mind control is that it can exist and be in a non obvious form. The second is to know that hypnosis (or mind control) works sometimes and not always;that it has different forms and methods and they affect different people to varying degrees ,and some people not at all; they can have a slow cumulative effect becoming stronger very gradually.One method might work on an individual while another doesn't, BUT several together cumulatively may be much more powerful. This helps hide hypnosis as people who are not hypnotized don' t comply with hypnotic commands and suggestions making it appear that you are CHOOSING to cooperate ,when in fact unknowing hypnotic subjects are "cooperating" with their critical and independent thinking skills shut off ,or down , and regressed to a childlike trusting state. NOT free to choose and evaluate what is happening!

This masks that "study" in scientology ( and anywhere else study tech is used) is actually a kind of self hypnosis where the student puts themself into a progressive ,deepening light semipermanent trance that greatly deepens when returning to course or study, or even evetually when reading ANYTHING as how the person thinks about reading and language can change. Their own mind can RUN the study tech on themself ESPECIALLY if this is flanked and bolstered by the loaded language in dianetics and scientology; in and of itself designed to produce the same effect with another variation of a hypnotic technique.

I know this sounds outrageous and many will reflexively say NO I got gains from study tech ! There really are words to learn! Yes there are words to learn, BUT MUs as lrh defined them DON't exist and are just a clever misdirection ,with the tiniest sliver of truth perverted to deceive, to hide the hypnotic regressed state he wanted you to "intake '' scientology and dianetics. I also contend that the demoing is used to regress your mind ,increasing vulnerability and the idea of handling gradients similarly is a hypnotic technique used to misdirect you! He tells you your confusion is with something prior , making you go on witch hunt for a red herring ,and feeling "relieved" when you find an "answer"!

Thank you

mockingbird

Thanks Purple Rain , something didn't look right and you helped me see that I needed to break up my paragraphs better to give my post a better feel and more natural reading pattern!:thumbsup:
I know it's still not polished ,BUT I hope it reads more easily now.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Thanks Purple Rain , something didn't look right and you helped me see that I needed to break up my paragraphs better to give my post a better feel and more natural reading pattern!:thumbsup:
I know it's still not polished ,BUT I hope it reads more easily now.

Well, I have read it now and fortunately I did not get gains from the study tech, so I am okay with your post!

:)

I'm really not sure what to believe about hypnosis, because my ex doesn't believe in it, but Arnie and Jon do, and I respect all those people. I've asked before what is the evidence for hypnosis because I've googled it wanting to find out and I still don't know if there's proof for it or not. I know that sounds stupid, but talk about confusion! I am confused about the existence of hypnosis!

Anyway, nobody has ever answered me.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Thanks ,Free Being Me, you bring up a lot of great points ,but I think a lot of things like persuasion ,rhetoric etc. are subjects that people back off studying and just go" whatever I don't know, I guess maybe " to .
So I'm trying to find ways to, without greatly demanding that people get deep into these things, they can be given simple ,easily understandable info that will DISARM some of lrh's techniques ,and open up the possibility that they can take baby steps, like studying bite size ideas, such as logical fallacies and simple little small tools to undo the trap.
THEN ,if they are motivated by what they've learned ,they can dive into the deeper water of rhetoric and critical thinking,cultic studies, totalitarian group characteristics etc.:thumbsup:

You know what you want to do and I wasn't suggesting otherwise in any way, shape or form. Keep on keeping on! My point was that what didn't work from a hypnosis & psychological/emotional abusive manipulation level for elcon was achieved through other means such as lies, rhetoric and fallacies.

mockingbird

Okay , Purple Rain I think the best case for hypnosis is the use in operations; it's pretty hard to "fake" not feeling pain during an amputation !
There have also been many studies done by psychologists and others including scientists who could observe, despite being skeptical, that hypnosis does effect some people. Simple forms include pattern interruption or what I'll call stacking.

Stacking is having your mind follow several parallel INTERCONNECTING stories that effect each other in unusual ways. For example the matrix movies,time travel stories ,wherein the people who go back to the past CHANGE or influence the future including themselves.

These stories DIVIDE your attention ,and so sometimes when people watch ,or even read them they FEEL transported to another place because their attention is CONCENTRAtED in order to follow the story and it's twists and turns;That is a light form of hypnosis and relatively harmless.

Another simple form is used in novels and TV shows wherein you have multiple plots for up to three small groups of interconnected characters who weave in and out of each others lives, by pacing the pattern you can build tension and anticipation .

This is a trick to generate and maintain interest, by making it seem like there is something to follow that is comfortable BUT you just can't quite figure out.

If you really want to know about hypnosis I suggest you study some of the texts Arnie Lerma recommends and decide for yourself.:thumbsup:

mockingbird

Thanks Free Being Me ,
I don't mean to dismiss your ideas at all; I think they are spot on.:thumbsup:

I took the cult test by A Orange and when I got a 98 (out of 100 ) I realized lrh didn't use 1 or 2 methods of mind control on me.
I knew he combined DOZENS ! , each flanking and reinforcing the others.

I also realized quickly that digging out would be a long road and soon found ,for me ,small articles that explained in simple terms , introducing only a few new ideas at a time, helped me start to get out.

I found scientology mythbusting (on the underground bunker)and other short articles at lermanet to be digestible.

When someone's critical thinking and evaluation skills are greatly eroded ,as mine were in scientology, they need to to do light mental lifting at first.

I've spent months working and am only now starting to get some basic concepts on logic and skepticism.

I know that what you are talking about is essential ,but I want to get something the heavily indoctrinated, utterly broken down intellectually, like I was (am ?)
can use.

BUT by all means keep the ideas coming . I can use all the help I can get.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Well, I have read it now and fortunately I did not get gains from the study tech, so I am okay with your post!

:)

I'm really not sure what to believe about hypnosis, because my ex doesn't believe in it, but Arnie and Jon do, and I respect all those people. I've asked before what is the evidence for hypnosis because I've googled it wanting to find out and I still don't know if there's proof for it or not. I know that sounds stupid, but talk about confusion! I am confused about the existence of hypnosis!

Anyway, nobody has ever answered me.

Hynosis:
1: a trancelike state that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject .

Medical Definition of HYPNOSIS
1: a trancelike state of altered consciousness that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject.

Look at the repetitive nature of $cientology indoctrination such as T.R.'s and auditing as examples for yourself. Not what I'm saying, Arnie, Jon, the op, your ex or anybody else is saying, just what conclusions you research and arrive at yourself.

One of the little secrets of hypnosis is being convinced you weren't hypnotized.

Think about it.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hynosis:
1: a trancelike state that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject .

Medical Definition of HYPNOSIS
1: a trancelike state of altered consciousness that resembles sleep but is induced by a person whose suggestions are readily accepted by the subject.

Look at the repetitive nature of $cientology indoctrination such as T.R.'s and auditing as examples for yourself. Not what I'm saying, Arnie, Jon, the op, your ex or anybody else is saying, just what conclusions you research and arrive at yourself.

One of the little secrets of hypnosis is being convinced you weren't hypnotized.

Think about it.

I'm not convinced I wasn't hypnotised. I'm just not sure if it exists or not.

mockingbird

Purple Rain are you more of a reader or video watcher ?
If you read there are many books to choose from that Jon Atack or Arnie Lerma recommend.

If you are a video watcher than people like Dantalion Jones have short videos on mind control and hypnosis that explain simple concepts and give examples from everyday life. His videos are usually very short, like five minutes or so and use simple english to demonstrate basic theories .

Ultimately, to decide for yourself you will have to LOOK at more info than can easily be fit in a post here.

For what it's worth I spent 25 years in scientology and couldn't even dream of starting to recover until I started to realize I and so many others had been hypnotized.

It is the only thing that explains to me past lives (hypnotic hallucinations), exteriorization (dissociative states) and the blind acceptance of outrageous and contradictory doctrine(this is another form of the confusion technique, wherein the confusion ties up your mind , making you MORE suggestible; until you're so confused you can't even PERCIEVE the contradictions as such!):thumbsup:

mockingbird

Okay , I'd like to get back on track and love the feedback I've got so far.:coolwink:

I want to expose every bit of poison that flowed from lrh's black heart! NO lie left unexposed!!:angry::scnsucks:

Please send everyone you can to learn and contribute whatever they can!:clap:

I ain't too proud to beg!:begging::begging::begging:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Okay , I'd like to get back on track and love the feedback I've got so far.:coolwink:

I want to expose every bit of poison that flowed from lrh's black heart! NO lie left unexposed!!:angry::scnsucks:

Please send everyone you can to learn and contribute whatever they can!:clap:

I ain't too proud to beg!:begging::begging::begging:

Here's a quote that's directly pertinent.

Random thoughts…

I have experience with both auditing and therapy from psychotherapists and a psychologist. The therapists I have worked with have all been highly trained, strictly supervised and regularly update themselves with training, etc. Modern therapy is very fluid and workable. That has been my experience.

The coal-face differences between auditing and professional therapy as I have experienced them include:

Auditing has very few similarities to modern methods being used at the coal-face of therapy. Auditing has pre-determined outcomes (the end phenomena’s - EPs). These EPs are part of the scientology system, what is called the bridge to total freedom. A person receiving auditing is highly controlled by exact questions to look at certain areas, directly related to the level/type of auditing they are receiving. Auditing is very controlled, very structured. It is rote questions being fired at the person which lowers the persons critical thinking skills, creativeness, etc, etc. Auditing is designed to make a compliant scientologist, heavily attached (& devoted) to the agenda of scientology and its aims (world domination). True healing therapy does not require devotion or perpetual attachment to the therapist or a group.

The different types of professional therapy I have received have been very unstructured compared to auditing. I bring to the table the issues troubling me, and the therapist listens and discusses these with me. I can cry, I can laugh, I can be spontaneous and experience my own emotions, change my habits/behaviours, at my own rate, in my own way. I work my way through the trauma, grief, etc, it is an authentic process, unique, very fluid and in the moment. They may suggest something useful I might try (in my life) but they have left it optional for me to do this. All have been very non-directional with me. This has the effect of being very self-empowering.

Auditing creates a type of dependency. You complete auditing level ABC, to line up for auditing step DEF. You are sold the idea that if you keep at it, get to "XYZ" you'll be a super type of being, with amazing powers, perceptions, etc. With regular therapy you know you are doing great when you don’t feel like going any longer, tell your therapist, she smiles and wishes you well in life. You feel strong, standing on your own two feet in the world, resilient, mastering your own emotions and your own life. Good therapy leaves you seeing the world through your own eyes, not filtering everything through the ideas of another.

True healing therapy leaves you very flexible, curious about ALL of life and attached to no one system of belief. True freedom is about being free to explore all and any aspects of self one wishes to, in one's own time, at one's own pace, without having to sign up for a life-time commitment to any one set of ideas.

Auditing has the individual heavily focused on certain issues, pre-determined by the questions the auditor is asking. The individual has to “find something” if the meter is reading there is something “charged” on the question. It is intensive stuff. Professional therapy is nothing like this. It is gentle and all about the individual, not some pre-determined ideas/outcome the therapist may have. A true therapeutic relationship is based on equality, not the therapist holding all the answers. The power is equally positioned – balanced.

Auditing does not take into account modern research on neuro-plasticity. Modern therapy does. Auditing completely ignores brain function, in fact Hubbard was very “anti-brain”. The research coming in the past few decades kinda makes Hubbard look like an ignorant mid-20th century wannabe guru. The research on brain function of long-term meditating monks is fascinating to explore. Mindfulness practises have way more value than auditing as does cognitive behaviour therapy, both of which are able to be learned at minimal cost and are under the volition of the individual.

Auditing causes dissociation. It disconnects the person from their own core values/beliefs and installs scientology concepts. It numbs the persons full range of emotions and trains the individual to have "uniform" feelings to perceived external situations. What is so vicious and devious about this is the individual is repeatedly told that what is being done to them (via scientology auditing and training) is making them “spiritually free”. I swear to you, I swear, that I have seen way more spiritually aware people outside of scientology than I ever ever saw within the confines of scientology. I have had masters read me like a book and know exactly what I was feeling, experiencing, without a single word being exchanged. They did it in a kind, loving way and wanted NOTHING from me.

Scientology is not even kindergarten level when it comes to spirituality or true healing therapy. It creates broken individuals who fake being “aware” and act superior. Some people break down completely when they can’t fake the façade any longer or cope with the constant repetitive questions that are the foundation of auditing. Poke in someone’s head long enough, keep feeding them how they should see the world, how they should feel, how they should conduct their lives and you are playing with fire. There is zero room for genuine personal growth, personal exploration (except within the very limited scientology confines). All you get is a cult identity – a person who see themselves and the world with scientology definitions. It is a very synthetic identity.

Scientologists are not realists. To be really aware of life, to be in tune with the cut and thrust of life, those that are realists do best. Scientologists live life in a bubble of la-la-Hubbard ideas. It is a dangerous way to live because bubbles burst or tragedy erupts and the idealist has no idea how to function effectively. Good therapy helps an individual get real with themselves and life. Something that scientology has zero need for.