What's new

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Clear and Beyond (Recommended reading re: Scientology)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Clear and Beyond (Recommended reading re: Scientology).

Marty: Clear and Beyond
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/clear-and-beyond/
The lower level scientology program up to the state of Clear is a directed form of client-centered psychotherapy. One doctor fully trained in both client-centered therapy and scientology has astutely written that ‘directed client-centered therapy’ is an apparent oxymoron. That may in fact be a critical entry point for the bipolar quality that seems embedded throughout scientology. Nonetheless, the description of the end product of the scientology lower levels is nearly identical to that described as the self-actualization end product of client-centered therapy.

When a person reaches the Clear state – resembling common notions of self-actualization – he is indoctrinated into the secrets of the universe. Fully grasping those secrets requires the adoption of a form of multiple personality disorder. Incidentally, and not the impetus for this observation, modern mental health recognizes that certain psychotherapeutic practices can serve as a causation factor for mpd. Scientology secrets inform the individual that in fact he is not an individual at all. Instead he is a ‘composite being’, consisting of a potential infinity of separate, distinct individuals. Each individual member of the composite has quadrillions of years of its own experiential history that it brings to the dizzy equation. Extraordinary, and expensive to the seeker, measures are employed to ensure the scientologist believes this universe view with utter certitude. For several tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars the advanced scientologist is invited to address and release each of his or her parasite personalities. The process entails hundreds or thousands of individual sessions. The process takes many years. The individual completes this penultimate scientology advanced level when there are apparently no more personalities left but his own.

The scientologist then pays another ten to twenty thousand dollars for the privilege of determining which of the lifetimes of those now allegedly departed parasite personalities he mistook for his own. That is what L. Ron Hubbard left behind as his legacy.

However, after completing that final scientology level himself Hubbard went back to chasing down more of what he apparently found to be an endless hoard of demonic, parasitic personalities that he continued to harbor. Frustrated, he attempted to finally rid himself of the demons in one fell swoop and kill himself in the bargain through the application of electric shock. He dismally failed in the assisted attempt on his own life. Whether or not that attempt was the cause, at about the same time as his suicide mission Hubbard sustained a debilitating stroke. He was reduced to asking others whether they could hunt down his own parasitic demons personalities for him. (see Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior)

Since Hubbard’s 1986 death scientology authorities have taken to having advanced members who have completed the full scientology program but who are still unsatisfied re-do the entire scientology program from the bottom up. The believer is given to understand that the source of his dissatisfaction is some misapplication of scientology along the way.

For the dedicated member of this monotheistic religion that repeatedly promotes that when in doubt one should ‘do as Ron (L. Ron Hubbard) would do’, there should be little surprise that often one does not experience a happy ending.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Marty implements the nuclear "scorched earth" option

watching-nuclear-explosion%20%286%29_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Safe viewing distance for ESMB members. :wink2:

watching-nuclear-explosion%20%284%29%5B4%5D.jpg

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty implements the nuclear "scorched earth" option
FWIW, I think Marty is not being tactical or strategic, but is simply stating the truth as he now sees it. I've been following his blog since the beginning, and he has been working through a lot of stuff.

I think this post simply reflects his honest conclusion.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
FWIW, I think Marty is not being tactical or strategic, but is simply stating the truth as he now sees it. I've been following his blog since the beginning, and he has been working through a lot of stuff.

I agree with you. I think Marty is working his way toward the exit.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Holy crap! Marty is being even more vitriolic than I usually am! - That post is the most precise description of the scam I seen in a long time!

Thank's Marty! :)

I agree fully BTW!

:yes:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

By Marty implementing the nuclear "scorched earth" option, I humorously meant (a nod is as good as a wink) that the former number two head guy in the joint was finally telling the unvarnished truth for a change. He probably knew bits and pieces of this since 1986 and just lived with the secret all these years for the "greater good."

How could he have not known some of this back then?

Scorched earth?

This story will reverberate amongst the remaining fence sitters that still read Marty on the sly and cause them to have a bad day.
They'll get over it in time.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Clear and Beyond (Recommended reading re: Scientology).

Marty: Clear and Beyond
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/clear-and-beyond/

"However, after completing that final scientology level himself Hubbard went back to chasing down more of what he apparently found to be an endless hoard of demonic, parasitic personalities that he continued to harbor. Frustrated, he attempted to finally rid himself of the demons in one fell swoop and kill himself in the bargain through the application of electric shock. He dismally failed in the assisted attempt on his own life. Whether or not that attempt was the cause, at about the same time as his suicide mission Hubbard sustained a debilitating stroke. He was reduced to asking others whether they could hunt down his own parasitic demons personalities for him." (see Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior)

Wait, what? Am I reading this correctly? Hubbard tried to commit suicide before his debilitating stroke? If that occurred and I am reading it correctly then damn that is pretty big news.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Wait, what? Am I reading this correctly? Hubbard tried to commit suicide before his debilitating stroke? If that occurred and I am reading it correctly then damn that is pretty big news.

Last chapter of Going Clear by Lawrence Wright and last chapter of Marty's Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
"However, after completing that final scientology level himself Hubbard went back to chasing down more of what he apparently found to be an endless hoard of demonic, parasitic personalities that he continued to harbor. Frustrated, he attempted to finally rid himself of the demons in one fell swoop and kill himself in the bargain through the application of electric shock. He dismally failed in the assisted attempt on his own life. Whether or not that attempt was the cause, at about the same time as his suicide mission Hubbard sustained a debilitating stroke. He was reduced to asking others whether they could hunt down his own parasitic demons personalities for him." (see Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior)

Yes, huge news. It got surprisingly little play outside of the cyber networks specializing in whistleblowing/criticizing Scientology. That is very likely because nobody yet has reduced that pathetically telling final chapter in the life of guru L. Ron Hubbard to a concise and colorfully memorable rhetorical meme. Example: "Scientologists believe that dead space aliens from trillions of years ago are inside their body and they need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to exorcise them." Kinda catch, ain't it? LOL

That single post is the "EP" for Marty's entire blog. Years of trying to get his wits around Scientology from every conceivable angle. And, finally concluding that Hubbard was insane and suicidal and that his "tech" made him so.

As for Indie Scientology, it's over. The fat lady has done sung.

The indie cult--he's dead, Jim.

The buzzards have already descended from their lofty heights, down to feast upon the carrion. If there is any doubt about that, go look at the comments section after Marty's post. Of the 90 comments, 35 are from Vinaire variously promoting his failed "KHTK" tech (Knowing How To Know). LOL.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
If there is any doubt about that, go look at the comments section after Marty's post. Of the 90 comments, 35 are from Vinaire variously promoting his failed "KHTK" tech (Knowing How To Know). LOL.
That's really a "jump the shark" moment for me on any blog I visit.

That's about the time I stop reading. :eyeroll:

Vinaire's arrival has heralded the waning moments or imminent deaths of several blogs. :whistling:

Dean Blair

Thanks all for the info. Is there any other information about how Hubs tried to off himself by electrocution? Did he try and plug the cans directly into the wall outlet or what? :omg:

HelluvaHoax!

That's really a "jump the shark" moment for me on any blog I visit.

That's about the time I stop reading. :eyeroll:

Vinaire's arrival has heralded the waning moments or imminent deaths of several blogs. :whistling:

LOL. Exactly.

Cult ambulance chaser, Vinaire, always shows up hopefully to hand out his business cards at the scene of every standard tech accident. Because he's the only one that can [STRIKE]help[/STRIKE] know.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

By Marty implementing the nuclear "scorched earth" option, I humorously meant (a nod is as good as a wink) that the former number two head guy in the joint was finally telling the unvarnished truth for a change. He probably knew bits and pieces of this since 1986 and just lived with the secret all these years for the "greater good."

How could he have not known some of this back then?

Scorched earth?

This story will reverberate amongst the remaining fence sitters that still read Marty on the sly and cause them to have a bad day.
They'll get over it in time.

Prediction: Marty's blog viewership goes down. Mike Rinder's blog viewership goes up by the same number.

Indies are running out of life preservers. And the cute floaty that Rinder is handing out these days only remains inflated for a matter of months before it deflates and a little message pops out that reads: "Hey, start swimmin' for land! You didn't actually think somebody with tech was coming to rescue you, did you?!"

Terril park

Sponsor
Prediction: Marty's blog viewership goes down. Mike Rinder's blog viewership goes up by the same number.

Indies are running out of life preservers. And the cute floaty that Rinder is handing out these days only remains inflated for a matter of months before it deflates and a little message pops out that reads: "Hey, start swimmin' for land! You didn't actually think somebody with tech was coming to rescue you, did you?!"

I don't see this as the end of FZ/Indie activity. Also note that Hubbard
said he'd failed to Sarge. He was after OT from the git go and didn't
deliver those goods. This does not mean there are no benefits to
scientology auditing.

My track is a little unusual in that I did OT 2&3 both twice, to great
effect. However I have no interest in further levels auditing BTs. Its
a no interest item for me. Others seem to do well on these levels.
I'd happily do more L's.

Dean Blair

So in other words Hubbard was batshit crazy and by believing in BTs he drove himself mad to the point of wanting to kill himself. Even the supreme OT hisself couldn't get rid of all his BTs. Wow! Just wow!

I read earlier about Alister Crowly on his death bed had made a similar statement as Hubbard's realizing that he failed. This is all very important information to know.

David Miscavige sure didn't tell us about this at the Palladium in 1986 when he said Hubbard was going on to target 2.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
David Miscavige sure didn't tell us about this at the Palladium in 1986 when he said Hubbard was going on to target 2.
For me . . . this is basic basic, using a term I'm sure you're familiar with. :yes:

This was the pivotal moment in history that DM and the Int Execs could have cleared the air and told the truth.

Instead, they laid out a not-entirely-thought-out path for future deception:

• created a stupendous LIE that would hang around their necks for decades;
  • a tight-knit conspiracy (Marty and Mike claim not to have known about it . . . hmmm?);
  • an ongoing Watergate-style coverup;
  • down the line would have to lock up people who might have known or had suspicions about the truth
    and were perceived as possible whistle blowers if free (like Ray Miithoff for one . . . my speculation only);
  • assured the ultimate destruction of the organization once found out.

When one finds "basic basic" for oneself, one can be free . . . or so I've been told. :whistling:

Of course you may need to run through it a few times. :yes: It does flatten. :wink2:

"Better is to speak unpleasant
truth than to tell lies."

FLO%20Lg%20Lotus%20Buddha%20-%20Hands%20up.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

I don't see this as the end of FZ/Indie activity. Also note that Hubbard
said he'd failed to Sarge. He was after OT from the git go and didn't
deliver those goods. This does not mean there are no benefits to
scientology auditing.

My track is a little unusual in that I did OT 2&3 both twice, to great
effect. However I have no interest in further levels auditing BTs. Its
a no interest item for me. Others seem to do well on these levels.
I'd happily do more L's.

Yes Terril, you are one very unique human being.

You always seem to want more Scientology, even though you are aware (kind of) of what an incorrigible liar Hubbard was.

If I was C/Sing your case now, I would use a "REVERSE HIDDEN STANDARD" remedy. You will recall that the normal "Hidden Standard" remedy is for people who get auditing and afterwards say that it didn't work. They are run on a a process command: "What would have to happen to you to know that Scientology worked?" (to EP)

But you are on the opposite side of the cult spectrum. You get wins from anything, even wacky sci-fi like OT II & OT III, that Hubbard just pulled out of his butt. I mean...TERRIL!! Is there anything you don't get wins on? LOL

Here is your command, sir. Good luck...

"What would have to happen to you to know that Scientology didn't work?" (to EP)

Gib

Crusader
For me . . . this is basic basic, using a term I'm sure you're familiar with. :yes:

This was the pivotal moment in history that DM and the Int Execs could have cleared the air and told the truth.

Instead, they laid out a not-entirely-thought-out path for future deception:

• created a stupendous LIE that would hang around their necks for decades;
  • a tight-knit conspiracy (Marty and Mike claim not to have known about it . . . hmmm?);
  • an ongoing Watergate-style coverup;
  • down the line would have to lock up people who might have known or had suspicions about the truth
    and were perceived as possible whistle blowers if free (like Ray Miithoff for one . . . my speculation only);
  • assured the ultimate destruction of the organization once found out.

When one finds "basic basic" for oneself, one can be free . . . or so I've been told. :whistling:

Of course you may need to run through it a few times. :yes: It does flatten. :wink2:

"Better is to speak unpleasant
truth than to tell lies."

FLO%20Lg%20Lotus%20Buddha%20-%20Hands%20up.jpg

I got in after you, I got in 1987, so the basis basic wasn't the same for me. When I got in, I did not even know there was the event that DM & Broeker spoke at explaining Hubbards death. In fact, I never heard of Broeker until just a few years ago. And I never heard that Hubbard supposedly causatively dropped the bod to do further research (LOL now).

I was so gung ho as a scientologist, that I would never have thought I would be cheering people who now are in and who now "see the light". :yes: Never in a million years.

In fact, when the "Basics" hit the scene, and everybody was supposed to buy the new revamped, corrected, updated books and lectures, why the pressure was so great, and we were in debt to the tune of 400k,

I even said to myself - "I wish I never heard of scientology" and yet I was still a gung ho thinker. :omg: