What's new

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
When this story first broke, it was HUGE.

But, as often happens with these types of hugely embarrassing (to Scientology) stories,

OSA moves into very high gear to quash them, moving heaven and earth to kill the story, often leaving a trail of breadcrumbs that leads AWAY from Scientology.

OSA has been doing this for DECADES; Paulette Cooper, Snow White, and Quentin Hubbard are proven cases,

with many, many more that are suspected.

I suspect it may well have happened in this case.

So, the story fizzled. Devon Newman plead guilty to a greatly reduced charge, and just like that,

the story moved off the radar.

Then comes THIS, scant months later:

www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-suspects-left-swastika-dont-tread-on-me-flag-on-dead-officers/

While there is no immediate connection to the Scientologist case, it appears that the Devon Newman arrest was a foreshadowing of things to come.

There ARE some very chilling similarities:

1. Same plan; the cold-blooded murder of Police Officers.

2. Similar fanatical ideology.

3. Man/woman team.

4. Extraordinary time proximity of the two events.

I hope that investigators will revisit the earlier case involving Scientology's PR, Devon Newman, with a fine-tooth comb,

mindful that it is well within the realm of possibility that agents of the Church of Scientology

may have engaged in evidence tampering, suborning of perjury, and obstruction of justice.

It is indisputable that they have done so, previously.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
When this story first broke, it was HUGE.

But, as often happens with these types of hugely embarrassing (to Scientology) stories,

OSA moves into very high gear to quash them, moving heaven and earth to kill the story, often leaving a trail of breadcrumbs that leads AWAY from Scientology.

OSA has been doing this for DECADES; Paulette Cooper, Snow White, and Quentin Hubbard are proven cases,

with many, many more that are suspected.

I suspect it may well have happened in this case.

So, the story fizzled. Devon Newman plead guilty to a greatly reduced charge, and just like that,

the story moved off the radar.

Then comes THIS, scant months later:

www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-suspects-left-swastika-dont-tread-on-me-flag-on-dead-officers/

While there is no immediate connection to the Scientologist case, it appears that the Devon Newman arrest was a foreshadowing of things to come.

There ARE some very chilling similarities:

1. Same plan; the cold-blooded murder of Police Officers.

2. Similar fanatical ideology.

3. Man/woman team.

4. Extraordinary time proximity of the two events.

I hope that investigators will revisit the earlier case involving Scientology's PR, Devon Newman, with a fine-tooth comb,

mindful that it is well within the realm of possibility that agents of the Church of Scientology

may have engaged in evidence tampering, suborning of perjury, and obstruction of justice.

It is indisputable that they have done so, previously.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Hmmm. You bring an interesting scenario to the table here. I am surprised that the police didn't catch these two before this happened as these types usually tip their hand. (Though I will admit to not really following this story past the headlines so I don't know what had been uncovered).

Still, though there are certainly similarities, there are far too many extremist, right wing nut jobs out there to conclude they are connected. It's an interesting idea though and police should revisit all events that could give them clues.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
These two were so batshit crazy that they got kicked off the Bundy Ranch.

Besides that, the media interviewed some neighbors who knew them to be anti government and anti police, but didn't think they'd kill over it. Also, it sounded like they'd moved to Vegas just about a year ago from Indiana.

I immediately thought there could be a connection with Devon Campbell Newman too, but the more I learn about them the more I doubt it.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Devon has a new job... selling water systems. She's also dropped the 'Campbell' from her name. No word on whether the Las Vegas Org has taken her back.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/devon-newman/16/800/2a9
RealWater.JPG

I can't speak for everyone but I know for me, cooking up plans to falsely imprison and eventually murder policemen make me thirsty. I just know, after devising ways to torture and maim, it just doesn't work for me to have acidic water. Alkaline is definitely the way to go.

Beware the editing Scissors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Long (and very informative) article about this case. :yes:

Link to article: https://story.californiasunday.com/sovereign-citizens-vegas-plot?src=longreads

"Clad in navy jail garb, Devon and David sat at the defense table, scowling. It was September, and more than a month had passed since their arrests were briefly national news. Devon was mortified. Behind bars, she had to beg for contact solution. Her perfectly coiffed hair fuzzed. Her beloved church distanced itself."

I didn't see the word "Scientology" appear in the article, btw.

JB

Last edited:

hummingbird

Patron with Honors