What's new

Jaimie DeWolf to pen a book on the cult

Anonycat

Crusader
Could This Man Bring Down Scientology? L. Ron Hubbard’s Great-Grandson Planning Explosive Anti-Scientology Exposé

As some of the Church of Scientology’s most high-profile members continue to leave the church, RadarOnline.com has learned that the beleaguered organization could be dealt yet another blow — from founder L. Ron Hubbard’s own heir. Hubbard’s great-grandson Jamie DeWolf has slowly begun speaking out about Scientology in recent years, and now tells Radar exclusively that he is working on a book project that could shake the entire Church to its very foundations.

Full story: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/scientology-jamie-wright-tell-all-book-plan/

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

If he writes as he speaks it will be a really good read and will have merit with those who were never in the cult (like him) and those who were.

I really hope he writes it.

:yes:

Veda

Sponsor
Could This Man Bring Down Scientology? L. Ron Hubbard’s Great-Grandson Planning Explosive Anti-Scientology Exposé

As some of the Church of Scientology’s most high-profile members continue to leave the church, RadarOnline.com has learned that the beleaguered organization could be dealt yet another blow — from founder L. Ron Hubbard’s own heir. Hubbard’s great-grandson Jamie DeWolf has slowly begun speaking out about Scientology in recent years, and now tells Radar exclusively that he is working on a book project that could shake the entire Church to its very foundations.

Full story: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/scientology-jamie-wright-tell-all-book-plan/

Jamie's attributing of Fair Game to Ron Jr. is misguided. Ron Jr. was five, in 1938, when his father wrote of "smashing" his "name into history" and making "Napoleon look like a punk"; he was eighteen, and in awe of his father, when his father wrote, in the book Science of Survival, the essence of what would later officially be called Fair Game, and he was five years out of Scientology when the first official Fair Game policy appeared.

Most of this was discussed months ago, and I've no desire to go into it again.

But attributing Fair Game to Ron Jr. required a comment.

Leland

Crusader
Jamie's attributing of Fair Game to Ron Jr. is misguided. Ron Jr. was five, in 1938, when his father wrote of "smashing" his "name into history" and making "Napoleon look like a punk"; he was eighteen, and in awe of his father, when his father wrote, in the book Science of Survival, the essence of what would later officially be called Fair Game, and he was five years out of Scientology when the first official Fair Game policy appeared.

Most of this was discussed months ago, and I've no desire to go into it again.

But attributing Fair Game to Ron Jr. required a comment.

Thanks for this post.

I am leery of anyone related to La Fatty......or the La Fatty family......for many reasons.

Leland

Crusader
Thanks for this post.

I am leery of anyone related to La Fatty......or the La Fatty family......for many reasons.

And this is just one of the reasons:

" 14th July 2014, 01:42 AM #16
cuitlahuac
user-offline.png

Patron with Honors
2goldstar.png
Join DateFeb 2014Posts280

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Ronald Hubbard's "VERY GOOD FRIEND CROWLEY".[/h]
One of the main teachings of Crowley was that: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

In the case of Scientology this might be expressed as: "The road to total freedom". "Advocate total freedom".

Is "Total Freedom" a paradox?

Is "Do as thou wilt" wrong?

For starters, if total freedom was the start of our downfall from the Godlike state we enjoyed previously, then it follows that total freedom is a must if we are to recover those Godlike abilities. "

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
With all due respect to Jamie . . .

We're getting a bit far afield here. Pretty third-hand perspective.

Looking through the unpracticed and unconversant (with scien life and the tech) "mental prism" of Jamie DeWolf . . .

to look through the possibly damaged (by life and the tech) "mental prism" of Nibs . . .

to possibly learn or understand more about the labyrinthine and troubled "mental prism" of LRH . . .
image004.gif

I just don't expect to learn that much more or new to be honest. No big reveals coming.

A bunch of others who worked with LRH face-to-face, many of whom have written hundreds of posts here and on other sites, have already presented a pretty clear picture of the man and his life.

I think any remaining questions or "unknowns" will remain just that: unknown.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
. . .

Looking through the unpracticed and unconversant (with scien life and the tech) "mental prism" of Jamie DeWolf . . .

to look through the possibly damaged (by life and the tech) "mental prism" of Nibs . . .

to possibly learn or understand more about the labyrinthine and troubled "mental prism" of LRH . . .
image004.gif

I just don't expect to learn that much more or new to be honest. No big reveals coming.

A bunch of others who worked with LRH face-to-face, many of whom have written hundreds of posts here and on other sites, have already presented a pretty clear picture of the man and his life.

I agree. If Nibs' revelations in the 1983 Penthouse interview didn't produce a major effect, then I doubt this will. Hard core Scns will just discount it as by somebody who was never there and who want to make money off sensationalism.

Leland

Crusader
. . .

image004.gif

I agree completely.

Perhaps it was not new news here.....but the revelation that LRH wrote Excaliber......after a Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) (drug trip) event at the dentist.....and that drug trip.....and the resultant book.....was a basis for the entirety of Scamology.....was new to me. :biggrin:

Great optic/refraction graphic by the way.....loved it.

Leland

Crusader
I agree. If Nibs' revelations in the 1983 Penthouse interview didn't produce a major effect, then I doubt this will. Hard core Scns will just discount it as by somebody who was never there and who want to make money off sensationalism.

I doubt "hard core Scns" will ever hear of it.....or read it. But if it is written and published.....I'm glad if it further sullies scamology.

Anonycat

Crusader
I'm proud to say that I have spent time with Jamie and some of his family, and I can tell you, with no doubt, that there is a ton of things that have never been spoken of publicly. Although Jamie never took a class at a cult bunker, he's been excellent at interviewing not just relatives who "saw things" - some of which will make heads explode, but also other people who have not spoken out, but trust him to tell their experiences in a book. This is going to be huge.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I'm proud to say that I have spent time with Jamie and some of his family, and I can tell you, with no doubt, that there is a ton of things that have never been spoken of publicly. Although Jamie never took a class at a cult bunker, he's been excellent at interviewing not just relatives who "saw things" - some of which will make heads explode, but also other people who have not spoken out, but trust him to tell their experiences in a book. This is going to be huge.
Well, bring it! If you say so . . . I'm game.

Here's my ten spot (for the 9.99 Kindle version).

US-10Dollar-front.png

:coolwink:

no he can't. don't be silly. he's just cashing in on his name. but "the hellspawn leprechaun" has shown a little knack for wordsmithing. if he can make literature of his horseshit it could be worth a read...

Anonycat

Crusader
no he can't. don't be silly. he's just cashing in on his name. but "the hellspawn leprechaun" has shown a little knack for wordsmithing. if he can make literature of his horseshit it could be worth a read...

Translation?

Edit: I think I get it - you're arguing as if I am Radar online. I usually don't telepathically review people's manuscripts, so please let us know how it's coming along, and if there's any hope he'll get a major publisher, since this is your profession too.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Is Henrietta, Ron Jr.'s wife, still with us?

Otherwise, this must be, mostly, referring to Ron Jr.'s children.

I seriously doubt there's anything new from Ron Jr. The piece that Jamie read several months ago - embellished with a lengthy preface not by Ron Jr. - was published over 25 years ago.

It would be good to hear from Ron Jr.'s children, but I doubt it's going to shake the rafters of Scientology, or explode any heads.

Still, anything about the quarter century of Fair Gaming that Ron Jr. endured, and anything else, would be welcome.

If Henrietta - who goes back to Washington DC in the 1950s, and was a secretary to Ron Sr., - is still around, now that would be interesting.

Ron Jr. always had the burden of two (or is it three?) retractions, where he renounced everything he said or wrote previously.

These retractions, and other difficulties with credibility, can be explained, but without an explanation, many will do what folks such as Russell Miller and Jon Atack have done, which is to discount Ron Jr. as unreliable.

Hearing from Ron Jr.'s family might help explain Ron Jr., and his dilemma of having been L. Ron Hubbard Junior, and the only child of Ron Sr. who has spoken publicly about Ron Sr., and to have experienced the consequences of having done so.

Do you have any idea when this book is to be published?

Anonycat

Crusader
Is Henrietta, Ron Jr.'s wife, still with us?

Otherwise, this must be, mostly, referring to Ron Jr.'s children.

I seriously doubt there's anything new from Ron Jr. The piece that Jamie read several months ago - embellished with a lengthy preface not by Ron Jr. - was published over 25 years ago.

It would be good to hear from Ron Jr.'s children, but I doubt it's going to shake the rafters of Scientology, or explode any heads.

Still, anything about the quarter century of Fair Gaming that Ron Jr. endured, and anything else, would be welcome.

If Henrietta - who goes back to Washington DC in the 1950s - is still around, now that would be interesting.

Ron Jr. always had the burden of two (or is it three?) retractions, where he renounced everything he said or wrote previously.

These retractions, and other difficulties with credibility, can be explained, but without an explanation, many will do what folks such as Russell Miller and Jon Atack have done. Discount Ron Jr. as unreliable.

Hearing from Ron Jr.'s family might help explain Ron Jr., and his dilemma of having been L. Ron Hubbard Junior, and the only child of Ron Sr. who has spoken publicly about Ron Sr., and to have experienced the consequences of having done so.

Do you have any idea when this book is to be published?

I can tell you it made my head explode. We talked about the topic for about 3 hours, and other family was discussed, some I had never heard of, but I never took it upon myself to research it (all relatives, that is). You may have known them, or others here might. I'm not comfortable about going into much detail.

Jamie is shopping for a publisher, the article said.

Leland

Crusader
I can tell you it made my head explode. We talked about the topic for about 3 hours, and other family was discussed, some I had never heard of, but I never took it upon myself to research it (all relatives, that is). You may have known them, or others here might. I'm not comfortable about going into much detail.

Jamie is shopping for a publisher, the article said.

What exactly do you mean by "head explode?"

That really doesn't sound very pleasant to me. :unsure:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
no he can't. don't be silly. he's just cashing in on his name. but "the hellspawn leprechaun" has shown a little knack for wordsmithing. if he can make literature of [SUB]his horseshit[/SUB] it could be worth a read...

There's some very good reasons for Jamie to remain silent about LRH, LRH Jr., and Scientology, just as his other family members have remained silent over the decades. This includes of course the Scientology Scriptures on Fair Game.

I've met Jamie and it was very clear to me that he's not been speaking out to "cash in on his name".

I've been expecting this line to be used but you surprised me as I was anticipating that it would come from Karin Pouw and not you.

Lone Star

Crusader

You're so full of shit Bird. It's just coming outta your ears there's so much shit in you. Bullshit, that is.

If you live long enough you'll be the last Hubbard apologist standing. You should be so proud.

And I know you are.

:eyeroll:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
You're so full of shit Bird. It's just coming outta your ears there's so much shit in you. Bullshit, that is.

If you live long enough you'll be the last Hubbard apologist standing. You should be so proud.

And I know you are.

:eyeroll:

Hmmm...Ilove2lurk makes a somewhat similar point, though.

I kinda do think it may be the case. However, I'd be absolutely delighted to be wrong. The more light exposed on this stuff, the better.