What's new

Jaimie DeWolf to pen a book on the cult

Boomima

Patron with Honors
As far as Lawrence Wright is concerned...

He won the Pulitzer Prize and was nominated for the National Book Award. He's actually writes with a very sensitive hand about religion. He does a voluminous amount of research and had more than a few fact checkers. You don't have to like his conclusions but to call him a hack is not accurate, especially when you have not taken the time to read the damn book.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Someone explain to my why it's obvious that LRH did a lifetime of research andthat Jamie deWolf will have nothing new to say? Is this some sort of OT power of prognostication that I need in on ?

Entetatek ????
:biggrin:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Commander Birdsong:

"as it happens one of the stellar items on my extensive resume is that either i am the creator of of the artform of Modern American Performance Poetry or i am at least large among it's seminal progenitors. long story..."

Would it be possible for you to publish your extensive resume here so that those of us who are rather new to ESBM could become more familiar with your background? Or have you already posted your story and I have missed it?

Thanks in advance.

gbuck

oxymoron
Jamie is an observer with familial connections, was he ever under the spell of being a scientologist?

Commander Birdsong:

"as it happens one of the stellar items on my extensive resume is that either i am the creator of of the artform of Modern American Performance Poetry or i am at least large among it's seminal progenitors. long story..."

Would it be possible for you to publish your extensive resume here so that those of us who are rather new to ESBM could become more familiar with your background? Or have you already posted your story and I have missed it?

Thanks in advance.

i've got a body of work on the board and it includes many of the various solid down to earth bread and butter things i've done in my 64 years as well as much outrageous unbelievable strutting jackdaw bloviating blowhard braggart unprovable things. fact, unprovable though it may be, is maybe some wizard will come along and outdo what i've done with boston's four major sports teams at the opening of the third millenium but even if greater numbers can be racked up they'll have a hard time beating my aesthetics. these feats have astonished the sports world but truth be known my work is immensely underrated. there is detail work in my brushstrokes rembrandt could envy

but just to post one good solid of which i am very proud...

i started pushing hack in new york in september of 1974 and have also driven in boston, philly, seattle and san francisco. next month i am a cabdriver for 40 years. a few years ago in boston i was driving a raggedy old taxi and there was a spring poking up through the back seat. one of my passengers got a scratch on his rump from it. for four decades i have had human life in my care in a dangerous environment and this is the only physical injury any of my tens of thousands of customers has sustained.

As far as Lawrence Wright is concerned...

He won the Pulitzer Prize and was nominated for the National Book Award. He's actually writes with a very sensitive hand about religion. He does a voluminous amount of research and had more than a few fact checkers. You don't have to like his conclusions but to call him a hack is not accurate, especially when you have not taken the time to read the damn book.

ahem...

wright gives as a conclusion "scientology is a guided tour, for which you must pay, of the psyche of l. ron hubbard"

however much research he may have done it obviously did not include an examination of the actual materials an auditor studies much less any attempt at applying said materials. again, i paid but $2000 to train as an auditor and then was paid to do a very fine internship (before i got stabbed in the back and was then fair-gamed, dead-agented, mangled and mutilated by CoS whose policies significantly contributed to the wrongful death of my first born son) and in the forty years i have been outside the control of those nazi morons i have used what i learned not only to alleviate psychological distress for very many people i have broken the redsox 86 year curse, ditched the hated "patsies" nickname my patriots wore like an albatross about their necks for decades and in 2007 led george dubya bush to begin troop withdrawals from iraq...

wright produced the poison pen book his editor dispatched him to write; he is by definition a hack

i do believe, having read some reviews, that lawrence successfully attempted to display that he is a whole and honest human being by slipping some truth between the lines of the lies he was instructed to produce and i surely look forward to reading his book with the expectation of finding much that will please me...

He-man

Hero extraordinary
ahem...

wright gives as a conclusion "scientology is a guided tour, for which you must pay, of the psyche of l. ron hubbard"

however much research he may have done it obviously did not include an examination of the actual materials an auditor studies much less any attempt at applying said materials. again, i paid but $2000 to train as an auditor and then was paid to do a very fine internship (before i got stabbed in the back and was then fair-gamed, dead-agented, mangled and mutilated by CoS whose policies significantly contributed to the wrongful death of my first born son) and in the forty years i have been outside the control of those nazi morons i have used what i learned not only to alleviate psychological distress for very many people i have broken the redsox 86 year curse, ditched the hated "patsies" nickname my patriots wore like an albatross about their necks for decades and in 2007 led george dubya bush to begin troop withdrawals from iraq...

wright produced the poison pen book his editor dispatched him to write; he is by definition a hack

i do believe, having read some reviews, that lawrence successfully attempted to display that he is a whole and honest human being by slipping some truth between the lines of the lies he was instructed to produce and i surely look forward to reading his book with the expectation of finding much that will please me...

Ok Commander. Whilst Mr Wright wrote a book you didn't much like the conclusion of you did all of that.
3283933-picard_wtf-(n1301648363690).jpg

Someone explain to my why it's obvious that LRH did a lifetime of research and that Jamie deWolf will have nothing new to say? Is this some sort of OT power of prognostication that I need in on ?

it's obvious ron did a lifetime of research because it's obvious ron did a lifetime of reseach. much of it very good and much of it weird as all hell

jamie has never been involved with the subject. he might have a little news about the slime and slither of the organization that gave him cassus belli for a muckraking book book by spying on him and he might have some unpublished stuff from his grandfather but that's hearsay a half century old from someone of provably low credibility

if he can exercise poetic ability he might produce readable literature. i'd recommend he begin by alluding to the original offense with a book title that would land on us babyboomers g-spot:

"Who Dat On DeWolfe Man's Tellyphone?"

He-man

Hero extraordinary
would you try actually reading what i write?

i didn't say i don't like wright's book

i haven't read it and have just said i expect to enjoy it when i do...

***Snip***

That made me come to the conclusion that you didn't much like his book. Wether you've read it or has any feelings about other books Wright has penned is really beside the point.

I said:

Ok Commander. Whilst Mr Wright wrote a book you didn't much like the conclusion of you did all of that.

I suppose all that is left is one more picture of Captain Picard.

That made me come to the conclusion that you didn't much like his book. Wether you've read it or has any feelings about other books Wright has penned is really beside the point.

I said:

I suppose all that is left is one more picture of Captain Picard.

i got no problem with you jumping to conclusions

i do hope you won't do so off the golden gate bridge

Auditorization is an all inclusive package. Once you have that you don't need anything else.

actually george, one of the multitude of reasons i knew even when i first became interested in the subject that it was almost certain i would be leaving eventually was that it was continuously being promoted as the end-all be-all of existence. i was repeatedly invalidated for my intense interest in many things beyond the writings of l ron hubbard...

Free Being Me

Crusader
one thing which has yet to change FBM is your level of literacy...

Just imagine if it did change though! FBM might even become e. e. cummings!

naaah...

a lot of education and a little lsd he might make it to ogden nash...

Why It’s Smart to Let Toxic People Have the Last Word
http://lightshouse.org/lights-blog/why-its-smart-to-let-toxic-people-have-the-last-word
"It’s tempting to think that getting the last word with a toxic person is worth pursuing, but there’s one thing that’s even better…

In the simplest of terms, there’s nothing toxic people like more than:

1. Getting their way, or;

2. Causing a fight.

Toxic people like to accuse, tantrum, manipulate and smear their way to either one of the above or the other. Their out-of-control emotions and self-centeredness make the blame game and the smear campaign two of their favorite tactics for keeping you engaged with them so they can feed off you.

Upset a toxic person, and they’ll be shooting infuriating drama-baits your way and just waiting for you to bite the hook. And they know just what to say to keep you tossing and turning at night, just trying to think of some way – any way – that you can stop them once and for all and make sure the truth about who you are prevails. But if you’re wise, you won’t bother .... (snipped for brevity)

So when you find yourself invited into an ugly tug-of-war with a toxic person, simply drop the rope immediately, walk away and LEAVE IT BE FOREVER. Because the simple fact of the matter is, toxic people can’t have a tug-of-war with you if there’s nobody holding on at the other end."

Both of you (and Claire with her likes) can have the last word, it's all yours. :)

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
sp_dewolf.jpg

fd_start.jpg

[video=youtube;KRUYESI3v3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUYESI3v3c[/video]​

Could This Man Bring Down Scientology? L. Ron Hubbard’s Great-Grandson Planning Explosive Anti-Scientology Exposé

As some of the Church of Scientology’s most high-profile members continue to leave the church, RadarOnline.com has learned that the beleaguered organization could be dealt yet another blow — from founder L. Ron Hubbard’s own heir. Hubbard’s great-grandson Jamie DeWolf has slowly begun speaking out about Scientology in recent years, and now tells Radar exclusively that he is working on a book project that could shake the entire Church to its very foundations.

Full story: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/scientology-jamie-wright-tell-all-book-plan/

Getting back to the op, I'm looking forward to Jamie's book. Above is Jamie speaking at the Anti-$cientology conference, Flag Down. :clap:

:party::party::party::party:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Why It’s Smart to Let Toxic People Have the Last Word
http://lightshouse.org/lights-blog/why-its-smart-to-let-toxic-people-have-the-last-word
"It’s tempting to think that getting the last word with a toxic person is worth pursuing, but there’s one thing that’s even better…

In the simplest of terms, there’s nothing toxic people like more than:

1. Getting their way, or;

2. Causing a fight.

Toxic people like to accuse, tantrum, manipulate and smear their way to either one of the above or the other. Their out-of-control emotions and self-centeredness make the blame game and the smear campaign two of their favorite tactics for keeping you engaged with them so they can feed off you.

Upset a toxic person, and they’ll be shooting infuriating drama-baits your way and just waiting for you to bite the hook. And they know just what to say to keep you tossing and turning at night, just trying to think of some way – any way – that you can stop them once and for all and make sure the truth about who you are prevails. But if you’re wise, you won’t bother ....

So when you find yourself invited into an ugly tug-of-war with a toxic person, simply drop the rope immediately, walk away and LEAVE IT BE FOREVER. Because the simple fact of the matter is, toxic people can’t have a tug-of-war with you if there’s nobody holding on at the other end."

Both of you (and Claire with her likes) can have the last word, it's all yours. :)

Sorry Free, I was being sarcastic about Bird's postings reminding me of someone trying to be a cross between e.e.cummings and l.ron.hubbard.