What's new

Jaimie DeWolf to pen a book on the cult

Why It’s Smart to Let Toxic People Have the Last Word
http://lightshouse.org/lights-blog/why-its-smart-to-let-toxic-people-have-the-last-word
"It’s tempting to think that getting the last word with a toxic person is worth pursuing, but there’s one thing that’s even better…

In the simplest of terms, there’s nothing toxic people like more than:

1. Getting their way, or;

2. Causing a fight.

Toxic people like to accuse, tantrum, manipulate and smear their way to either one of the above or the other. Their out-of-control emotions and self-centeredness make the blame game and the smear campaign two of their favorite tactics for keeping you engaged with them so they can feed off you.

Upset a toxic person, and they’ll be shooting infuriating drama-baits your way and just waiting for you to bite the hook. And they know just what to say to keep you tossing and turning at night, just trying to think of some way – any way – that you can stop them once and for all and make sure the truth about who you are prevails. But if you’re wise, you won’t bother .... (snipped for brevity)

So when you find yourself invited into an ugly tug-of-war with a toxic person, simply drop the rope immediately, walk away and LEAVE IT BE FOREVER. Because the simple fact of the matter is, toxic people can’t have a tug-of-war with you if there’s nobody holding on at the other end."

Both of you (and Claire with her likes) can have the last word, it's all yours. :)

o i don't mind your virulent and vehement venomous vitriol FBM. i glad to see you jump in; it shows persistence, truly a virtue and you likely have others unseen. it's wise to choose me for an ugly tug-of-war as i am well trained and and long experienced "disenturbulating theta" as the materials would have it

auditing and auditor training are very good and great things and the truth of them and those who know their truths will surely prevail (though sadly at the moment it appears they desperately need to prevail against tyranny and darkness nowhere so much as in Co$$$)

withdraw if you wish FBM, you are always welcome back

Free Being Me

Crusader
The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 22: Jamie DeWolf by Tony Ortega
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/jamie_dewolf_top_25_crippling_scientology.php (Full article at link)
Excerpt: "After that first performance, his mother was visited by a couple of men claiming to be poets who were interested in his material. She got them to admit they were Scientologists. They subsequently branded him an "anti-religious slam poet" in a flier.

That same year, 2000, DeWolf was invited to Clearwater, Florida to host a benefit concert for the Lisa McPherson Trust, and was stunned by what he saw.

"It's absolutely crazy. Like an alternate universe. These little bus lines, with people getting on and off in their Sea Org outfits," he says. "It's a city they bullied their way into and devoured. I went out there to host the Lisa McPherson benefit concert. I was meeting a lot of ex-Scientologists, like Vaughn Young and Jesse Prince."

Jamie DeWolf on Scientology with Alan Park (Published Jun 23, 2014)
[video=youtube;i6mG7MoN0uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mG7MoN0uY[/video]​

Free Being Me

Crusader
Puh-lease
Jerry was a selfless person not a self absorbed person. You best stick with just hubbard.

Have you noticed that every time I post back to the original op regarding Jamie Dewolf, See-BS immediately derails the thread? He does that ad nauseam with every thread he $cientologically infiltrates until people finally leave due to his OT-ness. Why it's tolerated is beyond me. The S.O.P. of a $cientologist is as follows:

(Condensed from original post)
1) Distract off of any topic having to do with anything they don't want known.
2) Degrade any and ALL activists exposing any thing they don't want known.
3) Slime any public area, so people literally are embarrassed to even post there.

Back on topic ...

Jamie DeWolf: I’ve found the last memoir of the son of Scientology’s founder by Tony Ortega
http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/10/ja...st-memoir-of-the-son-of-scientologys-founder/ (full article at link)
"During a mesmerizing performance last night in Clearwater, Florida at the Flag Down anti-Scientology conference, Jamie DeWolf made a stunning revelation. He’s authenticated bizarre writings that had been attributed to his grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard Jr., who was the son of Scientology’s founder. They paint a disturbing portrait of the influence of the occult on the Hubbard men as they used Scientology in its early days to further their personal aims.

We first wrote about Jamie in the summer of 2011, when we named him one of the “Top 25 People Crippling Scientology.” Though he wasn’t very well known even among former Scientologists, we said that the Bay Area performance artist had huge potential to make a major impact on how Scientology and his great-grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard, are viewed. Since then, Jamie has been working hard to make good on that prediction. A boost from Upworthy in March helped a lot, and he’s continued to hone his writing about his family tree.

Jamie revealed some of that new material last night in Clearwater in a spellbinding hour-long performance which was captured on video (it starts about 6 minutes into the clip below). During that performance, Jamie revealed that he’d only recently obtained an unpublished manuscript written by his grandfather, who went by several names — L. Ron Hubbard Jr., “Nibs,” and Ron DeWolf.

Jamie found that in 1981 his grandfather had written a memoir he titled “The Telling of Me, by Me.” Jamie read the introduction and some pages of bizarre material in which Nibs talked about learning the occult from his famous father."

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Have you noticed that every time I post back to the original op regarding Jamie Dewolf, See-BS immediately derails the thread? He does that ad nauseam with every thread he $cientologically infiltrates until people finally leave due to his OT-ness. Why it's tolerated is beyond me. The S.O.P. of a $cientologist is as follows:

Back on topic ...

Jamie DeWolf: I’ve found the last memoir of the son of Scientology’s founder by Tony Ortega
http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/10/ja...st-memoir-of-the-son-of-scientologys-founder/ (full article at link)
"During a mesmerizing performance last night in Clearwater, Florida at the Flag Down anti-Scientology conference, Jamie DeWolf made a stunning revelation. He’s authenticated bizarre writings that had been attributed to his grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard Jr., who was the son of Scientology’s founder. They paint a disturbing portrait of the influence of the occult on the Hubbard men as they used Scientology in its early days to further their personal aims.

We first wrote about Jamie in the summer of 2011, when we named him one of the “Top 25 People Crippling Scientology.” Though he wasn’t very well known even among former Scientologists, we said that the Bay Area performance artist had huge potential to make a major impact on how Scientology and his great-grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard, are viewed. Since then, Jamie has been working hard to make good on that prediction. A boost from Upworthy in March helped a lot, and he’s continued to hone his writing about his family tree.

Jamie revealed some of that new material last night in Clearwater in a spellbinding hour-long performance which was captured on video (it starts about 6 minutes into the clip below). During that performance, Jamie revealed that he’d only recently obtained an unpublished manuscript written by his grandfather, who went by several names — L. Ron Hubbard Jr., “Nibs,” and Ron DeWolf.

Jamie found that in 1981 his grandfather had written a memoir he titled “The Telling of Me, by Me.” Jamie read the introduction and some pages of bizarre material in which Nibs talked about learning the occult from his famous father."

I would like to see that memoir published. I hope Jamie releases more readings from it, he turns it into an enjoyable listen.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I would like to see that memoir published. I hope Jamie releases more readings from it, he turns it into an enjoyable listen.

I would too. I think it would be a fascinating read or audio book. To the best of knowledge and I could be wrong, no "Hubbard" family member has published an expose' on Elcon besides Ron Dewolf speaking out.

The more books exposing Elcon & $cientology the better. :cheers:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

The introduction was Jamie's not Ron Jr.'s.

The main part (from 1981) - after the introduction - was a piece, which was maybe 5 pages long - titled 'Philadelphia'.

I was in communication with Ron Jr. and saw everything he had written up to his second settlement with $cientology in 1986. With the settlement came a lengthy retraction. This was Ron Jr.'s 2nd settlement and retraction, the first was from around 1973.

Excerpts from most of 'Philadelphia', and a small amount from a 50 or so page manuscript, 'One Tenth of One Percent', written in 1972, were used in the 1986, 1992, and 1996 book, 'Messiah or Madman?' I'd want to read 'One Tenth' again, but my impression - then - was that most of the material was not of great interest.

As for 'A telling of me, by me', that sounds like a new title for old material, although there's a slight possibility that Ron Jr., after settling in 1986, and before passing away in 1991, wrote some more material, but I tend to doubt it.

The only way Jamie would be able to obtain enough material for a book would be to interview Ron Jr.'s now grown children and, perhaps, if she's still alive, Ron Jr.'s wife, Henrietta.

If he did that - with a little bit of luck - it might help restore his grandfather's damaged credibility, and explain the unusual circumstances in which Ron Jr. - the only offspring of Hubbard Sr. to ever speak out - found himself.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The only way Jamie would be able to obtain enough material for a book would be to interview Ron Jr.'s now grown children and, perhaps, if she's still alive, Ron Jr.'s wife, Henrietta.

That might be true if Jamie makes this book only about the family.

There's nothing to stop him though from interviewing former scientologists, including some who worked directly with his great grandfather as well as his grandfather.

And even if he does cover some of the family related material that others have already covered he'll certainly reach some new people. It may not be new to us but there's many other millions of people who can read it for the first time and will be shocked when they do.

And given his familial connection I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a contract from a major publishing house. :yes:

If he does you can bet that the media will be all over this! :biggrin:

Gib

Crusader

3/4's of the time I don't understand him :thumbsup:

This may be true for others.

Most peeps don't understand his poetry, thank gawd, I think, at least I'm one of them. LOL

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

. . .

Speaking of new book releases, maybe this one I stumbled upon
while browsing Amazon recently belongs on this thread.
View attachment 7910
attachment.php

Free Being Me

Crusader
That might be true if Jamie makes this book only about the family.

There's nothing to stop him though from interviewing former scientologists, including some who worked directly with his great grandfather as well as his grandfather.

And even if he does cover some of the family related material that others have already covered he'll certainly reach some new people. It may not be new to us but there's many other millions of people who can read it for the first time and will be shocked when they do.

And given his familial connection I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a contract from a major publishing house. :yes:

If he does you can bet that the media will be all over this! :biggrin:

From what Jamie said at Flag Down, he's been compiling notes from his family about Elcon we haven't heard before. Or at least that's the way I recall him saying it. I could be wrong. As you say, even if it's the case we've heard before there is all that media exposure with bright sunshine disinfectant on $cientology. I'm buying his book regardless.

:biggrin::happydance::dance::clapping:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From what Jamie said at Flag Down, he's been compiling notes from his family about Elcon we haven't heard before. Or at least that's the way I recall him saying it. I could be wrong. As you say, even if it's the case we've heard before there is all that media exposure with bright sunshine disinfectant on $cientology. I'm buying his book regardless.

:biggrin::happydance::dance::clapping:

This is true.

Other than Jamie, the family has been silent on the subject of Scientology and Elron for decades. But more recently some have been more willing to communicate, at least to Jamie. There will be new material.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
From what is available at ancestry.com, Jamie DeWolf's grandmother Henrietta DeWolf, born about 1935, is still alive. As are 5 of her 6 children.

One son, Eric Stephan DeWolf, died in Oregon in 2010 at age 49. He was the father of one child. Born in 1961 he was a US Marine from 1980-1984. His VA provided gravemarker has the inscription "A friend to all who knew him".

Regarding the individual "expose" books that are written, I don't think most of these appeal to the public at large. Lawrence Wright had already won a Pulitzer prior to writing "Going Clear", so he had an established track record as a very good writer. And based on the interviews he did while on his book tour, he had a very strong publisher behind him. He certainly was on the "A list" shows.

In his FlagDown talk, Jamie seemed (to me) to be saying that the world has missed the importance of the "black magik" playing a large part in LRH's thinking. (Jamie's talk is on youtube.) Depending on how the subject is handled, to the outside world this could be viewed as "new" information about $cientology. Or at the very least, it could confirm how crazy as a loon LRH really was.

And Jamie may not be interested in having a NYTimes best seller. Maybe he just wants to add his input, knowledge, and insights to the collection.

I thought he was most gracious at the beginning of his talk when he apologized to those present for the damages done to their lives. And when the audience said "No, no." His obviously sincere answer was, "It's the least I can do."

From what is available at ancestry.com, Jamie DeWolf's grandmother Henrietta DeWolf, born about 1935, is still alive. As are 5 of her 6 children.

One son, Eric Stephan DeWolf, died in Oregon in 2010 at age 49. He was the father of one child. Born in 1961 he was a US Marine from 1980-1984. His VA provided gravemarker has the inscription "A friend to all who knew him".

Regarding the individual "expose" books that are written, I don't think most of these appeal to the public at large. Lawrence Wright had already won a Pulitzer prior to writing "Going Clear", so he had an established track record as a very good writer. And based on the interviews he did while on his book tour, he had a very strong publisher behind him. He certainly was on the "A list" shows.

In his FlagDown talk, Jamie seemed (to me) to be saying that the world has missed the importance of the "black magik" playing a large part in LRH's thinking. (Jamie's talk is on youtube.) Depending on how the subject is handled, to the outside world this could be viewed as "new" information about $cientology. Or at the very least, it could confirm how crazy as a loon LRH really was.

And Jamie may not be interested in having a NYTimes best seller. Maybe he just wants to add his input, knowledge, and insights to the collection.

I thought he was most gracious at the beginning of his talk when he apologized to those present for the damages done to their lives. And when the audience said "No, no." His obviously sincere answer was, "It's the least I can do."

what's he got to apologize for?

your right about the books not being read by the general public. this is why wright was tasked to the job. he can command the reviews and as well produce the right sort of prose to present the materials to the mainstream book-reading public

it is coryden who opens up ron's history with crowley through parsons and in fact he gives that aspect of ron's history much weight. both miller and attucks use coryden's book for their template again giving significant weight to ron's brief study of crowley. miller's book was a piece of crap. he did come up with some early life material but that's all he added. attucks book must be a decent enough thing for someone who hasn't read coryden. i got it from a pretty bright pal who liked it. i recall it being readable enough but i don't remember much content

unlike coryden. i found his book to be very informative and can recall much from it. bent is plainly an amateur and it's vanity press grade prose but i found that to be quite charming. and his book came out in 1987 (i didn't see it until 2007); the first attempt at a biography of this strange and controversial man

bent worked with nibs and from what you post here i'd say it is likely jamie gets this emphasis on magic from his grandfather

but...

that is just the sort of material that will keep his book from getting reviewed

This is true.

Other than Jamie, the family has been silent on the subject of Scientology and Elron for decades. But more recently some have been more willing to communicate, at least to Jamie. There will be new material.

coooooooool...

so arthur and suzette are finally coming into play eh?

I have no idea. And even if I did it's certainly not something I'd acknowledge without their permission.

It's anyways not something I ever wrote or implied in any of my postings, is it?

hunh?

the immediate post before you sound as though hubbard family was talking to jamie

?????

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
hunh?

the immediate post before you sound as though hubbard family was talking to jamie

?????

I started out my sentence saying:

"Other than Jamie, the family has been silent...."

By including Jamie in the family that would indicate that I'm referring to extended family, wouldn't it?

Sounds as though you may need to report to Qual to get some word-clearing. If that doesn't work try using some clay. :coolwink:

family_zps83fd7833.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=def...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb