What's new

In honour of Fummy. R.I.P my darling friend

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Over the years I have written about my beautiful cat, Fummy. Today Fummy began his great journey.

I will miss him terribly. But way more than that I will cherish the powerful love we shared during our 14 years together.

Fummy has been the one beautiful constant in my life. He transitioned with me from my old cult identity to my new life. He came with me, with dignity and grace and fun. He smooched my tears away and showed me that life carried on even when it felt like it wouldn't. He never stopped making me laugh. He never backed down on giving his sweet love and thrived with my unconditional love for him. We danced together, we watched vids together, we gardened together, we loved. He sat beside me as I devoured cult-recovery books. He looked at me with his big golden eyes, as if to say “you go girl! I believe in you!”

Be free my sweet sweet friend. I’m gonna cry a river of tears for you, for us. Loving you always. Feeling your love, always.

Kiss kiss bear. R.I.P. my darling.

Fummy332x400.jpg

The beautiful Fummy, who assisted with my cult-recovery in so many ways. :rose:

Free Being Me

Crusader
My deepest condolences. :bigcry: :hug:

Fummy was a unique adorable cat and may he find your Mum & Denise along his journey.

R.I.P. dear Fummy.
:rose:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
In early 2008 when I first returned to live back in NZ, from China, I was very traumatised from leaving the cult and from my then husbands, unfaithfulness. I had taken a neurological hammering and various body systems were not working well. My sensory system had sort of shut down. I struggled to tell the difference between hot and cold, and stuff like that.

I’d always loved the softness of Fummy’s fur. I had loved the feel of it against my face and would spend ages just sitting with him, enjoying stroking his beautiful coat. It was terrifying that I could not feel his softness or feel anything towards him. I knew I had loved him but somehow I was so far gone none of it made any sense. He knew me, he recognised me. He was so patient with me.

I’d sit with him for ages, just trying to actually feel his soft fur. It’s the weirdest thing to remember being passionate about a loved feline friend, to remember loving the feel of his fur, but not being able to experience it. It is truly surreal.

Fummy remained calm. And wise. He just acted like he always had. Some might say this is not worthy of any comment but I chose to believe he knew exactly what was going on and knew exactly what to do. He knew the magic of love. So he kept smooching me and loving me. I kept touching him to try to actually feel his softness.

I don’t know how long it took. I don’t have a very good memory of around that time. But I remember the day I could feel his soft fur on my face and I remember dancing with him, full of hope that I was going to get well.

Fummy helped me heal, over and over.

They speak of the power and healing of animals. I have been blessed to experience it.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
You've lost a member of your family.... so sorry.

Although am more of a dog person, what I love about cats is their dignity, independence and not so 'needy..' so can just imagine a cat being there for someone, and just purring to show their appreciation of being loved.

Don't forget that you gave Fummy a loving home and great companionship too!

Purple Rain

Crusader
In early 2008 when I first returned to live back in NZ, from China, I was very traumatised from leaving the cult and from my then husbands, unfaithfulness. I had taken a neurological hammering and various body systems were not working well. My sensory system had sort of shut down. I struggled to tell the difference between hot and cold, and stuff like that.

I’d always loved the softness of Fummy’s fur. I had loved the feel of it against my face and would spend ages just sitting with him, enjoying stroking his beautiful coat. It was terrifying that I could not feel his softness or feel anything towards him. I knew I had loved him but somehow I was so far gone none of it made any sense. He knew me, he recognised me. He was so patient with me.

I’d sit with him for ages, just trying to actually feel his soft fur. It’s the weirdest thing to remember being passionate about a loved feline friend, to remember loving the feel of his fur, but not being able to experience it. It is truly surreal.

Fummy remained calm. And wise. He just acted like he always had. Some might say this is not worthy of any comment but I chose to believe he knew exactly what was going on and knew exactly what to do. He knew the magic of love. So he kept smooching me and loving me. I kept touching him to try to actually feel his softness.

I don’t know how long it took. I don’t have a very good memory of around that time. But I remember the day I could feel his soft fur on my face and I remember dancing with him, full of hope that I was going to get well.

Fummy helped me heal, over and over.

They speak of the power and healing of animals. I have been blessed to experience it.

He will always be such a big part of your journey. He knew you were in trouble, and he wanted you back, and he searched for you and he found you and brought you out of it. He wouldn't leave you behind. What a wonderful friend.
0009Black%20Cat.gif

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I reconnected with my mother in 2011, she was really lonely. Slowly we began to get to know each other and heal the great divide between us. Mum had always loved cats but due to her fairly serious visual impairment had been reluctant to have a cat in the house.

Well one thing lead to another and I ended up living at mum’s. It wasn’t ideal but Fummy and I moved in. Mum adored Fummy! She just brightened up. I mean even mum’s friends at the Blind Foundation noticed the change in mum’s mood.

I went and did some house-sitting for a few months and left Fummy with mum. They were happy as two pigs in mud together. He got to do things I’d never let him do, like sit on the dining room table whilst she was eating. Shock, horror.

Then I got my own wee place. I didn’t know what to do about Fummy. I wanted him at my place but I somehow sensed he was doing good “work” with mum. Partly I was scared she was going to trip over him – falls and the elderly are not a good mix.

I left Fummy at mum’s on a sort of temporary basis and would just observe things when I went to visit mum. What surprised me was Fummy never got in her way. He would get under my feet in the kitchen but he never did this with mum. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it happen. I swear he knew she was visually impaired.

So I made the decision to leave him with mum. I monitored the scene closely and got the cat food and stuff like that. I loaned Fummy out to bring happiness to an old lady and he was magnificent. He made her laugh and gave her a whole new energy and focus in life.

And they remained happy together until the day mum was taken into hospital for the last time.

And then he was with her the morning she died. I took him to her and they shared some time together. He made her smile about an hour or so before she peacefully began her great journey.

He missed her terribly. He sat on the back porch full of sadness. It took time for him to get over mum dying. We missed her together.

So tonight, I imagine they are having a great old catch up together. She’ll be giving him cream. And he’ll be saying “pour it out lady. Glenda ain't here to complain about it!”

And all I can do is smile.

Bless them both.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
:cry: :cry: :cry:

When you lose a beloved cat your heart just breaks. I've always found taking in another kitty in need of a home helps fill the void and honors the one you lost by continuing to provide love and a home to his brethren.

Living with animals provide something very special for humans. The fact we must and are able to communicate with them without words builds a very deep and unique bond. I think in a significant way it helps restore important nonverbal communication skills that seem to be getting lost in the modern world. The fact that cats are unique independent creatures (they've never been fully domesticated like dogs. I don't think they quite trust humans enough to allow it, smart buggers.) and they adopt us as much as we adopt them makes them unique in the pantheon of animal/human relationships. The relationship is more equal, it is very special.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
We were totally, happily, crazy together.

Fummy kissed. I don’t know why but I taught him to kiss. I also taught him how to play ball and he was good at peek-a-boo. Our favourite thing to do together was to dance.

About the kissing: I don’t remember how it all started but it became a ritual. I’d put my face in front of him, say “kiss kiss bear” and he’d kiss me. It was more like a gentle head nudging thing than a full-blown kiss on the lips. He’d do it with other people too. Mum thought I was insane when I told her to say “kiss kiss”. She did it and he kissed her. She laughed, on and off, for hours.

I’d sit on the floor with Fummy and roll a ball at him. If he could be bothered, he’d roll it back at me. He wasn't terribly impressed with this childish game but, if it suited him, he would play.

Peek-a-boo was a favourite. I’d hide behind a door – or the bed – and he’d hide. I’d call out “peek-a-boo” and he’d poke his head out and then hide again. We’d do this for ages until I’d get exhausted from laughing and crawling around the floor.

Dancing was when we were at our silliest together. He would just melt into my shoulder and bounce along to the music with me. It got to the stage that if I had music on and even looked like I might be going to move to the music he would jump onto the floor and look up at me with a "pick me up and dance with me" look. And I would. And we would dance. Man I'm gonna miss him!

Kiss, kiss bear.

Purple Rain

Crusader
We were totally, happily, crazy together.

Fummy kissed. I don’t know why but I taught him to kiss. I also taught him how to play ball and he was good at peek-a-boo. Our favourite thing to do together was to dance.

About the kissing: I don’t remember how it all started but it became a ritual. I’d put my face in front of him, say “kiss kiss bear” and he’d kiss me. It was more like a gentle head nudging thing than a full-blown kiss on the lips. He’d do it with other people too. Mum thought I was insane when I told her to say “kiss kiss”. She did it and he kissed her. She laughed, on and off, for hours.

I’d sit on the floor with Fummy and roll a ball at him. If he could be bothered, he’d roll it back at me. He wasn't terribly impressed with this childish game but, if it suited him, he would play.

Peek-a-boo was a favourite. I’d hide behind a door – or the bed – and he’d hide. I’d call out “peek-a-boo” and he’d poke his head out and then hide again. We’d do this for ages until I’d get exhausted from laughing and crawling around the floor.

Dancing was when we were at our silliest together. He would just melt into my shoulder and bounce along to the music with me. It got to the stage that if I had music on and even looked like I might be going to move to the music he would jump onto the floor and look up at me with a "pick me up and dance with me" look. And I would. And we would dance. Man I'm gonna miss him!

Kiss, kiss bear.

What was his favourite music?

cleared cannibal

Mark Twain quote" If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat"

I am going to add a personal philosophy . Never trust some one who doesn't like cats.

Last edited:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I have been owned by, and loved, many cats over the years. My deepest sympathy on the passing of Fummy. May his journey be blessed.

Blanky

:heartflower:

RogerB

Crusader
Ahh, SallyD, how lucky you are to have had such a partner to help you through the troubled times!

Fummy looks to be the twin of Virginia's "Fancy Girl" . . . she too is totally black.

Fancy Girl helped me heal a troubled back . . . she used to snuggle up to where my back was injured and PURRRRrrrr . . . and the vibration was so soothing and harmonious, it just did me good.

Virginia says it is what cats do to heal others.

Fancy Girl is in fact perhaps the most loving creature I have ever experienced . . . it's just a spiritual aura she has about her . . . and she is totally telepathic! Even to the extent we have to be careful of what we inadvertently project that involves her, this because she'll go into hiding if it is not what she wants or she gets upset if she picks up we are going away for the weekend or holiday.

Of course, one thing we can sometimes miss is the point of how much we help and benefit our fury friends by our partnering with them . . . and I am sure Fummy benefited enormously from your partnering with him.

I sense he might still be in touch with you :coolwink: so you might be well advised to get his OK before you take on any new cat if that is on the cards :biggrin:

R

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I am sorry Sally for the loss of your dear little friend!

May he rest in a paradise and the love he left in your heart, comfort you!

Lotus

cleared cannibal

I gave mine some extra pets tonight after thinking about this thread all day.

I think what I like about cats are that cats already have what we were trying to achieve through scientology. That is serenity of beingness . They are very comfortable with themselves.

Last edited:

jenni with an eye

Over the years I have written about my beautiful cat, Fummy. Today Fummy began his great journey.

I will miss him terribly. But way more than that I will cherish the powerful love we shared during our 14 years together.

Fummy has been the one beautiful constant in my life. He transitioned with me from my old cult identity to my new life. He came with me, with dignity and grace and fun. He smooched my tears away and showed me that life carried on even when it felt like it wouldn't. He never stopped making me laugh. He never backed down on giving his sweet love and thrived with my unconditional love for him. We danced together, we watched vids together, we gardened together, we loved. He sat beside me as I devoured cult-recovery books. He looked at me with his big golden eyes, as if to say “you go girl! I believe in you!”

Be free my sweet sweet friend. I’m gonna cry a river of tears for you, for us. Loving you always. Feeling your love, always.

Kiss kiss bear. R.I.P. my darling.

Fummy332x400.jpg

The beautiful Fummy, who assisted with my cult-recovery in so many ways. :rose:

Oh Sallydance, I am so sorry to hear about the beautiful Fummy :bigcry:

Love & hugs to you :heartflower:

RIP Fummy :rose:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I can't believe it Sallydannce ... you mentioned just a few days ago (on the ESMB choir thread) that Fummy was looking a bit "off" ... you were totally in tune with him even when you were almost comatose yourself with fever.

I'm so sorry Glenda ... it's hard I know when you lose such a good friend.

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower: