What's new

Scientology usurps ANZAC acronym in Australia and New Zealand

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
just to add to the info around this issue - remember this one:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...r-causes-stir-at-memorial-day-service/2181662
Guests bow their heads Monday morning during the 28th annual Memorial Day Services at Curlew Hills Memory Garden. An insert in the program for the service came from a group linked to the Church of Scientology and attacked mental health care for veterans and suggested the federal government is responsible for “psychiatric drugging gone rampant.”

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
My story on this will air nationally in Australia in just over an hour.

I won't post to this message board regularly, as we know THEY read it.

But I'll keep reading your posts...

...feel free to get in touch if you want to pass anything on.

Until next time... KSW.

Thank-you OSA! Your work over the years has been greatly appreciated! :clap:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, our main function is KSW... Keeping Seymour Working :)

Let me know is the OSA handle is offensive and I'll change it, of course...

An all new take on KSW, lol. Thank-you to Bryan and all channel 7 staff who are backing him. :woohoo:

The OSA handle is not offensive, but hopefully you won't get offended when we rant and rave about OSA. Could be a tad confusing. But it certainly got my attention instantaneously.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: VIDEO: Scientology under fire for using ANZAC legend

I do believe that Michael Gordon is responsible for I/A when it comes to trademarks etc. etc. - OSA Legal has the ultimate say-so on promo, if memory serves me correctly.

You mean the same Michael Gordon who was on decks after Operation Restore Freedom?

The same Michael Gordon who was rumoured to want out of Scientology?

I wouldn't like to be him right now. Neither would he I bet.

Thank-you OSA! Your work over the years has been greatly appreciated! :clap:
Do you mean the bad OSA or the good OSA?

Happy Days

Great work Bryan... you never disappoint when calling the cult on its abuse, disregard and betrayal...

How arrogant and repugnant this organisation is. The PR machine should hang its head in shame and make a public apology, but we know they won't; interestingly there are SO members and public who have been in the armed forces, my ex husband for one, and they would be well aware of the sanctity of ANZAC, its meaning and history of our diggers.

As always it's all about CoS and no one else matters ... trample on all that is of any value to get what they want .... self serving and socially and ethically retarded.

I really do hope that the RSL take action and the Federal Minister for Veteran Affairs.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
As always it's all about CoS and no one else matters ... trample on all that is of any value to get what they want .... self serving and socially and ethically retarded.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

What is the Greatest Good for CoS? <<< THAT is all they care about.

And they can't even get THAT right. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. :duh:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: VIDEO: Scientology under fire for using ANZAC legend

You mean the same Michael Gordon who was on decks after Operation Restore Freedom?

The same Michael Gordon who was rumoured to want out of Scientology?

I wouldn't like to be him right now. Neither would he I bet.

The very same - I'm presuming he's still OSA Legal ANZO

:biggrin:

Mookster

Patron
On news feed approx. 30 mins ago:

Scientology under fire

Full article here:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/24981849/scientology-under-fire/

Internal use only?? It says right on the flyer that they would bestow the title of "Anzac" upon those who donate the specified amount. If by internal they mean members then yeah that's internal. Internal fundraising amongst members in an effort to misappropriate ANZAC for their own financial gain. ILLEGAL. Illegal and flat out disgusting.

I suppose they'll be trotting out the World Trade Center disaster next in an effort to scrape up some cash. They already reportedly told members that the only way to help during that crisis was by getting more people to join the church and buy buy buy. FFS they really have no shame. :puke2:

I always see comments that "people at the lower levels are really good kindhearted people who just want to do good". I have serious doubts when I see this kind of stuff. Good people don't look at the deaths of thousands as an opportunity for a financial come up. :no:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Every April 25th, I rise before the sun and make my way to the Dawn Ceremony. No matter where I am living - or the weather - I stand beside my fellow kiwis and remember. Together, strangers in union, we shed a few silent tears. Together, the young and the old stand in the shadowy dawn light and remember our ancestors. I can't describe the feelings we all go through together. It is a beautiful sadness that somehow helps define what it means to be a kiwi. It is our way of showing gratitude to those that sacrificed so much. Lest we forget.

Across the Tasman Sea, a few hours behind us, our Aussie mates do the same.

ANZAC Day remembrance ceremonies have grown hugely the past decade or so. I have noticed it, car-parking is harder to get, the number of push-chairs and elderly folk in attendance is notably larger. Young folk, teenagers, rugged up warm, with somber faces stand with their mates. We all stand together in the chilly morning air. Kiwis.

An apology doesn't cut it OSA. You have offended something way deeper than you are capable of comprehending. You are so cut off from the reality of what it means to be part of a national spirit. You have no idea what true honour is. Not a clue what it means to actually care. With your war-mongering talk, you don't have a clue about humanity. Or peace.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Every April 25th, I rise before the sun and make my way to the Dawn Ceremony. No matter where I am living - or the weather - I stand beside my fellow kiwis and remember. Together, strangers in union, we shed a few silent tears. Together, the young and the old stand in the shadowy dawn light and remember our ancestors. I can't describe the feelings we all go through together. It is a beautiful sadness that somehow helps define what it means to be a kiwi. It is our way of showing gratitude to those that sacrificed so much. Lest we forget.

Across the Tasman Sea, a few hours behind us, our Aussie mates do the same.

ANZAC Day remembrance ceremonies have grown hugely the past decade or so. I have noticed it, car-parking is harder to get, the number of push-chairs and elderly folk in attendance is notably larger. Young folk, teenagers, rugged up warm, with somber faces stand with their mates. We all stand together in the chilly morning air. Kiwis.

An apology doesn't cut it OSA. You have offended something way deeper than you are capable of comprehending. You are so cut off from the reality of what it means to be part of a national spirit. You have no idea what true honour is. Not a clue what it means to actually care. With your war-mongering talk, you don't have a clue about humanity. Or peace.

Oh, they knew exactly what it means to people. That's why they used it. You can't be raised in one of those countries and NOT know how deep it runs. They just didn't expect to get caught.

To Malcolm McClintock...

When did you stop caring about the person in front of you to find the service that would help THEM in their lives - as you truly believed at the time? When did you become part of the cynical donation-for-no-exchange fundraising mentality that you KNOW Hubbard wrote policies against?

Are you seriously going back to the RPF if they RPF you for this?

You should have listened to your beautiful friend Gale many years ago. You were miserable then and you should have left. She was right. You've wasted most of your life - for what? A cleared planet? A cleared ANZO? A cleared city? Town? Village?? The maths doesn't work. It isn't even possible.

You are a smart man. You have a professional qualification. You could do something you love. You could still have a life.

You're not clearing any planet. You're being used to defraud people out of a LOT of their money so ONE man can get rich, and deep down you KNOW it.

That was never what you signed up for.

If you truly want to think about any ANZAC spirit that runs through your being, if you truly want to think about being an ANZAC - think where those men would have told the officers to go in your place. Tell them to suffer in their jocks. With all due respect, sir... fuck off! Tell them to get stuffed.

Walk out the door to your family who love you and have grieved every day for your involvement in this wretched cult. They will help you and take you back with open arms and help you rebuild your life. And if not there are heaps of ex-Scientologists you befriended over the years who would help you.

I guess you'll probably never see this, but don't go back to the RPF. Don't go back.

Just leave. Haven't you had enough?

Walk down to Eddy Ave and get on a bus.

You KNOW you want to.

tetloj

Pilgrimages to Gallipoli by young A/NZ backpackers is also huge

Veda

Sponsor
Look at this from the Scientologists' perspective. To them, it was L. Ron Hubbard, and a "handful" of others (no doubt led by him), who saved the Australians from the Japanese.

From a Hubbard 'Executive Letter' of 6 October 1965:

In 1942, as a senior US Naval officer in Northern Australia by fluke of fate, I helped save them from the Japanese.

And from Hubbard's 17 February 1969 'Information Letter':

Remember I know Anzo. I once had a big share in saving its bacon from Japan. Note please that a small Jap force could have taken the lot and didn't. A handful of us, months before the coming of US troops, worked like mad to balk the Japs and change their minds.

sold.jpg

Leland

Crusader
Look at this from the Scientologists' perspective. To them, it was L. Ron Hubbard, and a "handful" of others (no doubt led by him), who saved the Australians from the Japanese.

From a Hubbard 'Executive Letter' of 6 October 1965:

In 1942, as a senior US Naval officer in Northern Australia by fluke of fate, I helped save them from the Japanese.

And from Hubbard's 17 February 1969 'Information Letter':

Remember I know Anzo. I once had a big share in saving its bacon from Japan. Note please that a small Jap force could have taken the lot and didn't. A handful of us, months before the coming of US troops, worked like mad to balk the Japs and change their minds.

sold.jpg

I had completely forgotten about that Veda....Thanks. HubTub DID say that he had saved Australia....didn't he? What is the truth....was he anywhere near Australia....?

I am not familiar with Japan's actions against Australia, during WWII. Did Japan try to invade Australia.....or bomb it? I guess I should read up on it someday. Not really up on what happened in the South Pacific.