What's new

WHAT'S LEFT TO SELL ?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
This may have been covered elsewhere but , what else can DM possibly sell (with no beneficial results or expansion ) to the few public Scientologists left ?

Re-re-re-verified on source materials ? New Platinum meters ? Solid gold orgs to draw in Wogs who love shiny objects ? WTF ?

I am serious what is the next planned phase for Scientology, cause they can't get in 99% of young Americans and over 90 plus % of older Americans so who's left ?

I know they love whales and celebrities , but that will only get you so far.

You can't keep bringing Tom Cruise and John Travolta to COMPLETELY EMPTY ideal orgs forever !

They will probably be out of the killing rehab patients business soon and other front groups keep getting exposed , so please , please tell me what's left ?

When super power flops they'll be out of excuses. Are we up for GAT III , word clearing every letter in every HCOB and PL ?

This is a real question .

What's left? What was there to begin with?

Leland

Crusader
The fewer new people that start.....anything

The more the whales are gonna get squeezed.

It just isn't going to work anymore.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
I don't think money is the problem. The cult has enough money to gradually wind down over the next thirty years or so, unless they start having to pay out a lot of compensation and fines.

that question was (is) riddling me too: when (not, if) will they be broke? how so, then? because of lawsuits? or what? because actually, if NOT, then it seems we would indeed have to do with 30 years more orso of this carcass twitching... and biting; while they are gradually selling all their real estate...

thankfully, JohnP., one of the persons who are frequently posting at www.tonyortega.org, some time ago did his own website, www.johnpcapitalist.com . there he laid out some economy based analyses about the possible apocalypse (or decay) scenarios for the clampire.

btw: the topic of economics actually used to be BEYOND boring to me but these analyses are a thriller - if you want to see $cientology go DOWN. he even tries to deduct the actual number of SO members via the estimated sqare meters of certain (office) buildings in clearwater, and so on and so forth. okay, i suppose that such detective work is not regarded as super powers in his branche, but in any case it is very creative... :biggrin: i can only recommend all exes with wrathful attitude to read his site, it might significantly brighten your day. :coolwink:

Leland

Crusader
Any new kid today....is gonna see La Fatty on YouTube......and think he is some kind of Troglodyte. They will thing he's a racist....a buffoon.

AND the guy is DEAD......so much for OT.

New people are gonna find out MSH died...and had a DOG living in a MANSION in Los Angels ....for what , 11 years? They will think that is totally nuts.

Anonycat

Crusader
that question was (is) riddling me too: when (not, if) will they be broke? how so, then? because of lawsuits? or what? because actually, if NOT, then it seems we would indeed have to do with 30 years more orso of this carcass twitching... and biting; while they are gradually selling all their real estate...

thankfully, JohnP., one of the persons who are frequently posting at www.tonyortega.org, some time ago did his own website, www.johnpcapitalist.com . there he laid out some economy based analyses about the possible apocalypse (or decay) scenarios for the clampire.

btw: the topic of economics actually used to be BEYOND boring to me but these analyses are a thriller - if you want to see $cientology go DOWN. he even tries to deduct the actual number of SO members via the estimated sqare meters of certain (office) buildings in clearwater, and so on and so forth. okay, i suppose that such detective work is not regarded as super powers in his branche, but in any case it is very creative... :biggrin: i can only recommend all exes with wrathful attitude to read his site, it might significantly brighten your day. :coolwink:

I don't feel that the life of the cult can be accurately measured by cash holdings. Just to make it simple, let's say they have a billion in cash and a billion in property. A billion can buy a whole lot. But, without new people coming in, and those in being retained, they're pretty screwed. They can't just pay the utilities on empty Ideal Orgs and Missions. They do have them move to a tiny office rental, but what then? No classes paid for, no income. No people and no income, and you become nothing. What did the post say? A network of museums. Sure, they could just pay bills on utilities and upkeep for every dead Org in the world, but I can't imagine that being their solution. Hell, Big Blue has been a leaky roofed, broken plumbing hotspot for many years. They have a background of never supporting the most basic needs.

Now let's say the cult has failed, but they have a billion or two in a brilliant portfolio of properties. From modern mega-buildings, to castles, to historic hotels, all in desirable locations. This has been the big question for me -- when it's died out to the point that it can no longer remain as a presence, what then? This real estate collection is truly worth a fortune.

Agreed. Scientology is over.

PLUS...Smurf....look at the kids today...(thats a song isn't it? :biggrin:) Joking aside....what kid doesn't have a cell phone....and free internet access....at McDonald's....the Public Library....StarBucks....even at the MALL.

They are much more savvy, IMO. They would surf the web and read stuff.
PLUS....what are the regs gonna do when the new person that does come in starts asking about Xenu and aliens....and all that ....LIE? Yes, they will, and then what is that person gonna think? That they are being lied to and the reg is full of shit? Yes.

Scientolgoy is going DOWN.......it already has gone down.

We are so focused on it here....on ESMB.....

But in the world....it is a joke.

That must already be happening. Pre OT gets handed OT 3 materials having seen it in the media and then denied...........It would be worth paying money to see that. A new service for the public?

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
What is left to sell? We have had the GAT I and GAT II but David Miscavige hasn't even started with the policy modifications. The Golden Age Of Policy. GOP. All of the remaining public will have to buy new OEC volumes. Management groups such as Sterling Management will be required to buy those volumes as well as do the new GOP OEC and GOP FEBC in order to remain current.

At some point in the future they will announce a previously undiscovered trove of technical bulletins written by L Ron Hubbard listing 12 new rundowns that had never been seen before. They were hidden by some long gone SP in an effort to stop Scientology.

Then there is OT 9 and OT 10 and other levels above OT 8 which can be made up and sold to the few people who are still in hoping to get these magical OT abilities that Ron promised us so long ago.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
IMO....it not what's left to sell.....But rather, they have too many things to sell.

the "Purif"

"Clear Certainty Rundown"

"Sunshine Rundown.."

I remember the the days before KTL and LOC.....and Pro TRs...with Clay Table.

Then FPRD....was added..

Then the IAS membership....

IMO....the "Chinese School" and talking to a wall......on these new GAT courses .....is gonna freak any new people out.

and now Supha Powha...

And these new meters.....

Far from "streamlining " the Bridge.....C of $ has made it almost impossible to go up the "Grade Chart."
STOP! PLEASE STOP! I'm getting nauseous being reminded of all those implants!
Leland, you really know how to push someone buttons!
If you put me on the meter and did an assessment of all those cringy scio terms I'd get a rock slam on every one of them!
(lol)

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Any new kid today....is gonna see La Fatty on YouTube......and think he is some kind of Troglodyte. They will thing he's a racist....a buffoon.

AND the guy is DEAD......so much for OT.

New people are gonna find out MSH died...and had a DOG living in a MANSION in Los Angels ....for what , 11 years? They will think that is totally nuts.

Maybe Hubbard was an Operating Troglodyte. Certainly in his last years.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology is a bad off broadway play that will end with neither
a whimper or a bang, empty seats. no ticket sales and no rich patrons
willing to pay for it all.:bigcry::melodramatic: small whimper somewhere on target 2.:spacecraft:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I don't feel that the life of the cult can be accurately measured by cash holdings. Just to make it simple, let's say they have a billion in cash and a billion in property. A billion can buy a whole lot. But, without new people coming in, and those in being retained, they're pretty screwed. They can't just pay the utilities on empty Ideal Orgs and Missions. They do have them move to a tiny office rental, but what then? No classes paid for, no income. No people and no income, and you become nothing. What did the post say? A network of museums. Sure, they could just pay bills on utilities and upkeep for every dead Org in the world, but I can't imagine that being their solution. Hell, Big Blue has been a leaky roofed, broken plumbing hotspot for many years. They have a background of never supporting the most basic needs.

Now let's say the cult has failed, but they have a billion or two in a brilliant portfolio of properties. From modern mega-buildings, to castles, to historic hotels, all in desirable locations. This has been the big question for me -- when it's died out to the point that it can no longer remain as a presence, what then? This real estate collection is truly worth a fortune.

I suspect the real estate acquisition is a planned exit strategy. Even if the cult shrinks to an even smaller membership than it is now, which it surely will do, they can subsist for a long time from selling their holdings.

Putting all your assets in real estate is also a partial hedge against hyper-inflation, which many believe might happen to the U.S. dollar in the near future.

Anonycat

Crusader
I suspect the real estate acquisition is a planned exit strategy. Even if the cult shrinks to an even smaller membership than it is now, which it surely will do, they can subsist for a long time from selling their holdings.

Putting all your assets in real estate is also a partial hedge against hyper-inflation, which many believe might happen to the U.S. dollar in the near future.

Yes, the cult will continue shrinking. Buying a billion or two in real estate, with other people's money, then getting the properties in your personal control and general ownership (for all practical purposes) is an interesting investment strategy. I guess if you had to have an exit strategy, one that leaves you with 2 billion in properties would be a greedy one. Not sure about what he will do with them, and how legal it'll be. I don't think it's based on some investing wisdom related to inflation - it's free money. Best case would be they get sued and assets frozen until the judge(s) decide what to do with the spoils.

Selling buildings to support other empty buildings, is not my prediction.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Scientology will continue to sell hope and all the answers, mostly to young people who are looking to buy hope and all the answers.

They've also tried marketing the controversy, "You've heard about the controversy, now..."

The problem in trying to market the controversy, while it may sell a few contrarians on it, even many contrarians will now go on the Web to read about what the controversy is about.

Here's the mistake I see with Super Power. For years, they sold Dianutty, and some people who became members where enthralled by it. Other members didn't read it, and for many it was just sort of a jumping in point, to get auditing. For the vast majority of the public, it was just unreadable. So, Dianutty was a mystery sandwich to weed out the people who wouldn't buy into something that farfetched and snag the people who would buy into the promises, and something that farfetched. Some of those people would buy more courses, get more deeply involved and get trapped.

Super Power, however, is labeling that building as a place where you get superpowerz, which is apparently what Scientologists worship, since their spokeshole has called it a "cathedral." That is a mistake, in my opinion. That is going too far, because too many people will be curious about what that entails. Instead of the "powers of the mind" or the sought-after ability to erase painful memories with talk therapy, it has something to do with a smell wall, astronaut training equipment and something called an oiliness table. Sorry, this is no longer what is true is what is true for you; this is a lot of contrived cockamamie BS and people are going to be curious about it, in a funny ha-ha kind of way.

With the acquisition of the TV station, it's possible Scientology will eventually try to sell itself as even more of a springboard into Hollywood acting and production jobs. I'm not sure about that. The cult may be too close to collapse to pull the TV station off as anything other than a ploy for donations.

Apparently, for some people, knowing or admiring someone for their success, intelligence, or good looks, who also just happens to be a Scientologist, also involves considering their involvement with Scientology to be some kind of stamp of approval that is more important than EVERYTHING, including even looking on the Internet to read about Hubbard and Scientology! Think Brian Culkin. Of course, that's usually combined with really wanting it all to be true too.

These are people who want to hang around with very positive people, who believe anything is achievable. They don't want to hear criticism or anything negative, once they've decided the person they like is someone they admire, or want to be like. They don't want to hear criticism once they have decided they want to improve themselves and make the planet a better place by their involvement with Scientology.

Are there people who are like that? Sure, I think a lot of us are like that. Scientology will continue to capitalize on that. (I wasn't like that about Scientology, maybe partly because I met only a few Scientologists and they weren't people I admired.) I read some pages of Dianutty and thought it sounded crazy.

However, all this said, I agree that empty orgs are going to be a huge problem. If you're rattling around in an empty org, whether a public or a staff member, you can't help but wonder, what happened to Scientology? That is one answer Scientology won't give be able to give you. If it is such a fantastic thing, such wonderful tools, where are all the people?

Tom Cruise, always a big draw, I think the video he made is more of a Scientology killer than the couch jumping, divorces, Lauer appearance or anything else. So hopefully anyone who is interested in Scientology partly because they admire Tom Cruise really needs to see, Tom Cruise on Tom Cruise, Scientologist. LOL

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Scientology will continue to sell hope and all the answers, mostly to young people who are looking to buy hope and all the answers.

Young people don't pay for shit: they get it for free on the Internet. The writings of a long-dead guru? If they're worth reading, they gotta be free. That's the modern mindset. There's nobody that's going to hand over their inheritance to play parlour games like staring at each other without blinking, yelling at ashtrays, or touching walls (thank you). Few people born after 1980 are interested in woo, and they certainly aren't interested in paying for it.

Scientology is doomed, if they think they can sell it to young people. No way! Also, Tom Cruise is looking more than a little long in the tooth now: certainly not somebody that young people identify with; not anymore.

What's left to sell? I'd say we'll see another five years of regging the clubbed seals yet. Probably another fraudulent library campaign.

Hubbard apologists deserve to get cleaned out, though, quite frankly.

Last edited:

I assume there are several reasons for the acquisition of big buildings but I'm guessing that some of the whales are adjusting to the idea that their cult is going to be virtually wiped out, and they see these buildings as being for a period a long time in the future, when they will rise again. 'Hold the space' -until........

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
As somebody who was 'out' by the mid-seventies, a smell wall, astronaut training equipment and something called an oiliness table as referred to a few posts back represents a complete mystery to me (esp, the oiliness table, something I've seen referred to before). I'm not sure such a thing really exists, but if it does, what does it do and what is it for, and WTF is a smell wall?

I'm sure that not only myself, but also lurking 'never ins' might be interested.

Leland

Crusader
As somebody who was 'out' by the mid-seventies, a smell wall, astronaut training equipment and something called an oiliness table as referred to a few posts back represents a complete mystery to me (esp, the oiliness table, something I've seen referred to before). I'm not sure such a thing really exists, but if it does, what does it do and what is it for, and WTF is a smell wall?

I'm sure that not only myself, but also lurking 'never ins' might be interested.

Well....as usual, Scientology materials don't tell you. And you can't ask any scientologist who has done it....because that is against the rules. So it is a mystery.

I would venture to say, that since no OTs were made.....that this is just another step.

La Fatty talked about the "52" perceptics. It is listed somewhere. Detection of "oilyness" is one of them....

Hope they don't get to many women....who know a great deal about oil....and skin moisturizers.....and nut oils and coconut oils...and on and on....

As far as smelling something......

I can imagine the "cognition" is something along the lines of "I'm smelling that." Hope nobody farts while this is going on.