What's new

Scientology usurps ANZAC acronym in Australia and New Zealand

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had completely forgotten about that Veda....Thanks. HubTub DID say that he had saved Australia....didn't he? What is the truth....was he anywhere near Australia....?

I am not familiar with Japan's actions against Australia, during WWII. Did Japan try to invade Australia.....or bomb it? I guess I should read up on it someday. Not really up on what happened in the South Pacific.

Japan bombed Darwin, 1942.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Darwin

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
I had completely forgotten about that Veda....Thanks. HubTub DID say that he had saved Australia....didn't he? What is the truth....was he anywhere near Australia....?

I am not familiar with Japan's actions against Australia, during WWII. Did Japan try to invade Australia.....or bomb it? I guess I should read up on it someday. Not really up on what happened in the South Pacific.

Jeez the conceit of the stupid old fart. He saved us then the US saved us! What we couldn't hold a rifle ourselves? The Japanese bombed Darwin, and the Australians repelled them. My uncle saw action there.

The Japanese even managed to lob a few bombs from a submarine, into the surrounds of Sydney harbour, something I learned only recently, and which really surprised me. I knew about the subs but not that they had actually attacked.

The Autralian soldiers were in New Guineau, Borneo and many of the South East Asian Islands doing a very creditable job of keeping the Japanese at bay without the help of either the delusional Hubturd or the Americans. My father fought in Tarakan during WWII, another hell hole of many.

I am no where near an authority on WWII, (I am open to correction) unlike the fat old bastard we all used to believe in who was an authority on every little thing. However, I am quite sure Hubbard did not save Australia from an attack of the runs, let alone an invading army.

Leland

Crusader
Thanks!

I was well aware of Imperial Japan's military spread during WWII....From Manchuria to the Philipeans...and all the islands in between. Plus South Korean and such.

And the bloody fighting to get them out of those areas.....later in the war.

BUT one never hears of Japan attacking Australia. It would seem, geographically....that they would have tried. Now I know they did....and were repulsed.

Leland

Crusader
Jeez the conceit of the stupid old fart. He saved us then the US saved us! What we couldn't hold a rifle ourselves? The Japanese bombed Darwin, and the Australians repelled them. My uncle saw action there.

The Japanese even managed to lob a few bombs from a submarine, into the surrounds of Sydney harbour, something I learned only recently, and which really surprised me. I knew about the subs but not that they had actually attacked.

The Autralian soldiers were in New Guineau, Borneo and many of the South East Asian Islands doing a very creditable job of keeping the Japanese at bay without the help of either the delusional Hubturd or the Americans. My father fought in Tarakan during WWII, another hell hole of many.

I am no where near an authority on WWII, (I am open to correction) unlike the fat old bastard we all used to believe in who was an authority on every little thing. However, I am quite sure Hubbard did not save Australia from an attack of the runs, let alone an invading army.

This little story about HubTub.....and Australia. (as far as I can recollect from a tape?) He presents it as a "ASIDE." A throw away comment. Just a few words....in which he lets a bomb drop....that "he was a hero" but, he is a bit too bashful to tell the whole story. But really are just GRANDIOSE statements or comments.....that are the BIGGEST LIES imaginable. But.....real heros don't brag....so HubTub.....lets it slip that the is a "hero" but really doesn't want to talk about it.

He does this time and time and time again......PUFFING himself up....then no facts to back it up. His tape lectures....are full of these little "hidden" facts about his being a hero. His tapes are full of little comments about himself "Being in the know." About his "having the inside track." (due to his brilliance which of course he hides under a basket..) (but wants you to know about anyway...)

All of scientology is about his being a hero. It was a confidence game. A con game. It starts with Dianetics...."he has figured it out" "the mind has been solved" The answers are now in hand....just pay me some money......

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Thought I'd put up a simple map of Imperial Japans reach during that time...

It really shows the absurdity of HubTubs boast...and lie.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I don't think you can minimise the role of the US and US lives in defending Australia. Australia asked for their help. It seems churlish now to pretend we were okay without them. They did save us and they deserve the credit for that, without at all minimising the actions of our own soldiers and nation.

Purple Rain

Crusader
IM-26.jpg

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology withdraws ANZAC campaign
http://www.3news.co.nz/world/church-of-scientology-withdraws-anzac-campaign-2014091518#disqus_thread

Video at link.

Excerpt:
The Church of Scientology in Australia has apologised for using the word ANZAC in a fundraising campaign.

The religious organisation wants to renovate a heritage building in Auckland and turn it into a church. It has asked followers in Australia to donate AU$10,000 each.

In return donators would be awarded the title ANZAC, but the word has been protected since 1916. Organisations that use it without permission can be fined up to $50,000.

The church has now withdrawn the ANZAC campaign and apologised for any offence caused.

Leland

Crusader
Well at that time....is was a Naval War. The Imperial Japanese Navy was huge.

It seems that the "Naval Battle of Coral Sea" was the decisive battle.....as far as Japan encroaching upon Australia. Both the US and Australia took part in that battle.

Coral Sea battle took place in 1942....so pretty early in the War.

http://www.coconuttimes.com/articles/Remembering-WWII/The-Battle-of-Coral-Sea-

It was the first Navy battle between aircraft carriers...?

Any attack upon Australia.....by Japan, would have started with Aircraft Carriers....

Japan pulled a similar thing on the US...in Hawaii...and Pearl Harbor.

But that is an entirely different thing from an actual invasion...with troops.

I don't think Japan ever got close to New Zealand?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Yes, well, I'm not an expert. But I doubt you'll find a military historian anywhere that would say that Australia did not need the help of the United States. Hubbard's supposed role in it all, as ever, is hilarious!

Well at that time....is was a Naval War. The Imperial Japanese Navy was huge.

It seems that the "Naval Battle of Coral Sea" was the decisive battle.....as far as Japan encroaching upon Australia. Both the US and Australia took part in that battle.

Coral Sea battle took place in 1942....so pretty early in the War.

http://www.coconuttimes.com/articles/Remembering-WWII/The-Battle-of-Coral-Sea-

It was the first Navy battle between aircraft carriers...?

Any attack upon Australia.....by Japan, would have started with Aircraft Carriers....

Japan pulled a similar thing on the US...in Hawaii...and Pearl Harbor.

But that is an entirely different thing from an actual invasion...with troops.

They couldn't find us.

Leland

Crusader
Yes, well, I'm not an expert. But I doubt you'll find a military historian anywhere that would say that Australia did not need the help of the United States. Hubbard's supposed role in it all, as ever, is hilarious!

Nor am I.

You are right.....Even Britain asked for America's help.

It must have been trying times, for sure.

There was the same sort of "super race / master race " thinking in Japan.....as Hitler was grooming in Germany.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
To get back on track....a couple maps.

Again....don't know much about it.

But the Ottoman Empire as far as I know ceased to exist after WW I....of which Gallipoli was a battle.

Leland

Crusader
I do know that the whole sale slaughter of English solders....(and what happened to the ANZACs) led to major social changes in Britain, after WW I.

The public there were outraged at the deaths of so many solders.....in WW I..and at the aristocracy that were given positions of command.

The Government finally realized that the Aristocracy made terrible Leaders in battle. And that just because one had lineage.....didn't mean they were fit to lead others.

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think you can minimise the role of the US and US lives in defending Australia. Australia asked for their help. It seems churlish now to pretend we were okay without them. They did save us and they deserve the credit for that, without at all minimising the actions of our own soldiers and nation.
Thank you, my friend if he were still alive would like what you said. He was a US Navy CPO on submarines for over 20 years. He spent a lot of time protecting Australia during WWII. He said it was the one place he would return to live without hesitation. His name was Pomeroy Lee.

Purple Rain

Crusader
To get back on track....a couple maps.

Again....don't know much about it.

But the Ottoman Empire as far as I know ceased to exist after WW I....of which Gallipoli was a battle.

Well, the first thing was that the British made a horrible mistake and dropped the men on the wrong beach. It was an unmitigated slaughter. But the way the ANZACs fought and the number of weeks they held out earned the respect of the Turkish defenders. And, yeah, people still make the pilgrimage today.

Edit: Oh, apparently that is a myth that they landed in the wrong place! Shows what I know!!

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
[video=youtube;d-kVrdc9g_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kVrdc9g_s[/video]

And the band played Waltzing Matilda...

[video=youtube;WG48Ftsr3OI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI[/video]

Edit: Complete with Canadian pictures! Lol!

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
HubTurd's claims are, as usual, as delusory as they are false.

The Coral Sea battle prevented the Japanese from taking Port Moresby by sea. The fighting retreat by Australian forces overland in Papua/New Guinea had stopped them from reaching Moresby by land around the same time (google "Kokoda Track" or similar for more info if you need to.) It was the first place the "unstoppable" Imperial forces had been stopped. Twice.

That was what prevented the Japanese from attempting to invade Australia - which would have been suicide for ANY army to do with Moresby and the Solomons still contested.

The US then proceeded to systematically destroy the Japanese because they had the Japanese military codes, and the Japanese never woke up to this. Even after the US killed their star navy commander Yamamoto while he was flying in a plane over Japanese-held territory.

The US submarine fleet systematically destroyed Japanese shipping because they knew where the ships would be. Japan starved because, as an island nation, they depended on shipping for all of their iron, copper etc..

Had HubTurd any OT Powaz, He could've told us this instead of blaming admirals for the length of the war that obviously He "would've won in weeks."

:puke: