What's new

WHAT'S LEFT TO SELL ?

As somebody who was 'out' by the mid-seventies, a smell wall, astronaut training equipment and something called an oiliness table as referred to a few posts back represents a complete mystery to me (esp, the oiliness table, something I've seen referred to before). I'm not sure such a thing really exists, but if it does, what does it do and what is it for, and WTF is a smell wall?

I'm sure that not only myself, but also lurking 'never ins' might be interested.

It's turned into a sex cult with a little authoritative person who has insatiable sexual appetites. Oiliness table....smell wall....little authoritative power sex god provided his
satiatiation by high paying wrinkly money bags alien self-exorcists. It's horrible.

From this I now have to go to work amongst the braindead. Life is strange.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
[highlight]It's turned into a sex cult[/highlight] with a little authoritative person who has insatiable sexual appetites. Oiliness table....smell wall....little authoritative power sex god provided his
satiatiation by high paying wrinkly money bags alien self-exorcists. It's horrible.

From this I now have to go to work amongst the braindead. Life is strange.
Oh goody! How much does it cost to join? And once I have joined, will someone tell me what these things are really for?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Now let's say the cult has failed, but they have a billion or two in a brilliant portfolio of properties. From modern mega-buildings, to castles, to historic hotels, all in desirable locations. This has been the big question for me -- when it's died out to the point that it can no longer remain as a presence, what then? This real estate collection is truly worth a fortune.

When that time comes, I suspect we will find that the "Ideal Org" buildings are owned by a separate corporate entity from the Church, and that the chain of corporate shells wind up in an account in Lichtenstein that DM personally owns.

If anybody lives in an "Ideal Org" city, and has enough time on his hands to visit the county deeds offices and look up the entity which is the registered owner of the building, and the mortgage holder, if any, that might be very interesting.

One way to convert church property into private property would be for the building to be mortgaged, with the mortgage holder being some overseas shell company. When the time comes, the Church fails to make the mortgage payments, the mortgage holder forecloses and sells the property, and pockets the money. It might be hard to trace through the chain to find the ultimate beneficial owner...

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Young people don't pay for shit: they get it for free on the Internet. The writings of a long-dead guru? If they're worth reading, they gotta be free. That's the modern mindset.

I would think that is true, as a general trend, and I believe many of the ex-members who say they never would have gotten involved in Scientology had the Internet been around. But come on, wouldn't it be nice to have a one-stop-shop for all the answers -- things you can't find on the Internet, like a cure for cancer or the group that is responsible for all the bad things in the world? (A. Engram removal B. Evil Psychs)

However, Scientology has a lot of money and reach they didn't have in the '60s, and they can reach out, sometimes through their front groups, to people who are more vulnerable to it, particularly in the 3rd world. As long as involvement by these people remains stable, and can be used to milk millions out of whales like Doogie -- although he is pretty singular as their top donor -- it can limp along for quite a while.

I do not think beliefs in astrology, aliens among us, reincarnation, ghosts, etc. are dead in young people just because they have the Internet, and there are some people who are overwhelmed by the amount of information on the Web and they seek to guided in a more structured environment where they are loved bombed coming in, and then feel like they belong to an exclusive group. I think for some of them, they are very excited by the idea of belonging to a group that is going to transform society, end drug use, stop war, and save the planet, as well as unleash potential within themselves to be something great.

I just read a bio of Kim Philby, who worked for MI5, but fairly early on in his career with British intelligence secretly worked for the KGB and finally defected in 1963. One of his motivating factors to work for MI5 and then defect to a the Soviet Union was to belong to a group that was exclusive. Scientologists feel this, especially the ones working on "operations" or for the OSA. Of course when he ended up living in Russia, he found out that in practice, Communism wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Even decades before the Internet, the cost of Scientology was a huge red flag for me. But there are people who still want to pay for things, because they feel that it must be real if it is so expensive; you get what you pay for.

One thing I find the Internet spectacularly good for is consumer research and comparison shopping. I can't help but think eventually everyone will want to understand what they are getting for their money in a pay-to-play religious scam like Scientology. And how could they possibly get involved without at least reading the Wiki on Hubbard and Scientology. I don't know, maybe it's for people who like a mystery, risk and adventure.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
and WTF is a smell wall?

The smell wall is a wall of vials containing the essences of this or that, e.g., orange peel, bleach, tuna fish etc.

There are no longer 5 senses in Scientologyville, but 57 "perceptics." Smelling things will presumably extend the sense of smell into a dozen perceptics at least...I'm not sure...Grant Cardone saw God. But he probably did that on the oiliness table (oiliness level perceptic), or it could have been the result of knowing what his spleen was doing at any given moment (part of the endocrine perceptic).

Anonycat

Crusader
I would think that is true, as a general trend, and I believe many of the ex-members who say they never would have gotten involved in Scientology had the Internet been around. But come on, wouldn't it be nice to have a one-stop-shop for all the answers -- things you can't find on the Internet, like a cure for cancer or the group that is responsible for all the bad things in the world? (A. Engram removal B. Evil Psychs)

However, Scientology has a lot of money and reach they didn't have in the '60s, and they can reach out, sometimes through their front groups, to people who are more vulnerable to it, particularly in the 3rd world. As long as involvement by these people remains stable, and can be used to milk millions out of whales like Doogie -- although he is pretty singular as their top donor -- it can limp along for quite a while.

I do not think beliefs in astrology, aliens among us, reincarnation, ghosts, etc. are dead in young people just because they have the Internet, and there are some people who are overwhelmed by the amount of information on the Web and they seek to guided in a more structured environment where they are loved bombed coming in, and then feel like they belong to an exclusive group. I think for some of them, they are very excited by the idea of belonging to a group that is going to transform society, end drug use, stop war, and save the planet, as well as unleash potential within themselves to be something great.

I just read a bio of Kim Philby, who worked for MI5, but fairly early on in his career with British intelligence secretly worked for the KGB and finally defected in 1963. One of his motivating factors to work for MI5 and then defect to a the Soviet Union was to belong to a group that was exclusive. Scientologists feel this, especially the ones working on "operations" or for the OSA. Of course when he ended up living in Russia, he found out that in practice, Communism wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Even decades before the Internet, the cost of Scientology was a huge red flag for me. But there are people who still want to pay for things, because they feel that it must be real if it is so expensive; you get what you pay for.

One thing I find the Internet spectacularly good for is consumer research and comparison shopping. I can't help but think eventually everyone will want to understand what they are getting for their money in a pay-to-play religious scam like Scientology. And how could they possibly get involved without at least reading the Wiki on Hubbard and Scientology. I don't know, maybe it's for people who like a mystery, risk and adventure.

I feel that those with $300,000 - $400,000 to throw at classes at a scientology bunker are gone. The youth of today aren't looking that - at all. And they know about Xenu, so they know it's all a joke to harvest money. I have met one person ever (and this was during a protest) who was actually showing up for class. I talked to her when she approached me, and when we were done talking, she went inside for a refund. She was told that "donations" are not refundable. Funny, she thought, and was told it was payment for a class. They sent her out with a book as a refund. She went home to research the cult, and never went back, although she did enlighten friends about her experience.

Gib

Crusader
The smell wall is a wall of vials containing the essences of this or that, e.g., orange peel, bleach, tuna fish etc.

There are no longer 5 senses in Scientologyville, but 57 "perceptics." Smelling things will presumably extend the sense of smell into a dozen perceptics at least...I'm not sure...Grant Cardone saw God. But he probably did that on the oiliness table, or it could have been the result of knowing what his spleen was doing at any given moment.

yes, it's funny, now 57 perceptics.

Most people will smell something not quite right in their environment, like burnt toast, and immediately go to the toaster to investigate. There are thousands of examples.

Hubbard, thru his ability to make the normal sound so OT like, gets people to pay for something that they already know. Hubbard was just a word smith and made the simple so profound, and added mystery sandwich to it, and people pay for this shit.

Like walking around touching walls, and the significance is one will be in Present Time. Laughing.

All hubbard did was add significance to bullshit.

Hubbard could sell somebody a rundown called smelling burnt toast, and scientologists would buy it, why? because hubbard would say something like smelling burnt toast is survival and one will not be keyed into past moments of burnt toast and all associated engrams attached to it. :laugh:

Jump

Operating teatime
As somebody who was 'out' by the mid-seventies, a smell wall, astronaut training equipment and something called an oiliness table as referred to a few posts back represents a complete mystery to me (esp, the oiliness table, something I've seen referred to before). I'm not sure such a thing really exists, but if it does, what does it do and what is it for, and WTF is a smell wall?

I'm sure that not only myself, but also lurking 'never ins' might be interested.

Hubbard said that the body has more than the regular 5 senses, or that these senses can be subdivided in some more detail. Apparently to be an operating thetan, one needs access to the full quota of 57 so-called perceptics.

It has been said that hubs stole the idea of 57 from the contemporary Heinz campaign of 57 soup varieties.

The perceptics supposedly include oiliness and more stupid things like magnetic field.

Leland

Crusader
Sorry Jump, to be one of those types (jackasses) that takes an innocent comment...and picks at it....don't mean anything by it.

The magnetic field of Earth...is vital for life on earth. It protects earth from the Sun's radiation and other particles the sun puts out.

There are also thoughts that the magnetic field has something to do with holding earths atmosphere on this planet.

It is a HUGE field, as it also protects orbiting astronauts and such missions.

It is important.

I had heard a rumor....that the Supar Powha magnetic thing is more to do with being able to tell what is North...and South....like a compass. (my iPhone has a app for that....) or I could dig out my cub scout compass....its around somewhere.

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
that question was (is) riddling me too: when (not, if) will they be broke? how so, then? because of lawsuits? or what? because actually, if NOT, then it seems we would indeed have to do with 30 years more orso of this carcass twitching... and biting; while they are gradually selling all their real estate...

thankfully, JohnP., one of the persons who are frequently posting at www.tonyortega.org, some time ago did his own website, www.johnpcapitalist.com . there he laid out some economy based analyses about the possible apocalypse (or decay) scenarios for the clampire.

btw: the topic of economics actually used to be BEYOND boring to me but these analyses are a thriller - if you want to see $cientology go DOWN. he even tries to deduct the actual number of SO members via the estimated sqare meters of certain (office) buildings in clearwater, and so on and so forth. okay, i suppose that such detective work is not regarded as super powers in his branche, but in any case it is very creative... :biggrin: i can only recommend all exes with wrathful attitude to read his site, it might significantly brighten your day. :coolwink:

Running out of money isn't the only thing that will sink Scientology.

If Shelley Miscavige escapes and talks to the FBI, it could bring down the whole deck of cards.

The magnetic field of Earth...is vital for life on earth. It protects earth from the Sun's radiation and other particles the sun puts out.

There are also thoughts that the magnetic field has something to do with holding earths atmosphere on this planet.

It is a HUGE field, as it also protects orbiting astronauts and such missions.

It is important.

I had heard a rumor....that the Supar Powha magnetic thing is more to do with being able to tell what is North...and South....like a compass. (my iPhone has a app for that....) or I could dig out my cub scout compass....its around somewhere.

True. The magnetic field deflects high energy ionised particles that would gradually knock out our atmosphere.

Jump

Operating teatime
I wasn't meaning that the magnetic field was stupid or unimportant Leland, what you and racecar say is quite correct. The magnetic field also deflects damaging ionic radiation away from the earth, except at the poles where a little gets through and can be seen as The. Aurora. This radiation would cause havok with DNA and other organic processes.

But it is stupid that humans can detect it. Sure, it has been proven that pigeons use the magnetic field to perform their homing feats, but science has never found that ability in humans.

Gib

Crusader
Running out of money isn't the only thing that will sink Scientology.

If Shelley Miscavige escapes and talks to the FBI, it could bring down the whole deck of cards.

True. The magnetic field deflects high energy ionised particles that would gradually knock out our atmosphere.

money actually has nothing to do with sinking scientology.

What will bring it down is not money, but disagreement.

While hubbard said the most important point of the ARC Triangle was communication,

the actual most important point is agreement.

Block or untangle or provide the truth of the agreement that the cult promises, and the cult goes down.

Money has nothing to do with it.

Once a person, for whatever reason, no longer agrees, why that ends it for the person to be involved.

Jump

Operating teatime
money actually has nothing to do with sinking scientology.

What will bring it down is not money, but disagreement.

While hubbard said the most important point of the ARC Triangle was communication,

the actual most important point is agreement.

Block or untangle or provide the truth of the agreement that the cult promises, and the cult goes down.

Money has nothing to do with it.

Once a person, for whatever reason, no longer agrees, why that ends it for the person to be involved.

That' so true. The tech doesn't allow for disagreement because Hubbard is source so what he says is true also agreement=truth so obviously the logic is that everyone agrees with Hubbard. ( Of course there is a fault in the 'stable data' ).

So the tehc doesn't recognise disagreement with Hubbard. Any disagreement gets reframed or redefined as entheta, natter, ARC break, crimes, O/W, MU and any number of things.

Tehc is sneaky.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
But it is stupid that humans can detect it. Sure, it has been proven that pigeons use the magnetic field to perform their homing feats, but science has never found that ability in humans.

Plus, yes the ability to directly detect where North is, would be useful.

But it's cheaper to carry a compass, or use the GPS feature of your cell phone.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
that question was (is) riddling me too: when (not, if) will they be broke? how so, then? because of lawsuits? or what? because actually, if NOT, then it seems we would indeed have to do with 30 years more orso of this carcass twitching... and biting; while they are gradually selling all their real estate...

<snip>

When and if they are not too stupid, they'll never be broke. They have enough money, real estate and other assets to live very comfortably off the increase in value of all that stuff. Real estate is a limited resource, so it's value can only go up over a longer period of time. Same goes for e.g. rare and valuable metals.

Had you bought a bar of pure gold for $1,000.- 50 years ago, how much would that be worth today? Had you bought a cheap piece of farmland for the same price at the same time, how much would that be worth today? Had you invested your thousand bucks in a good, solid collection of enterprise shares on the stock market, how much would your portfolio be worth today?

With the billions of assets they have, I'd say it's almost impossible that they'd ever go broke, unless it's out of pure stupidity.

Oh, and they don't need to sell anything anymore either, the steady increase of value from what they have would be enough to keep them going.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
When and if they are not too stupid, they'll never be broke. They have enough money, real estate and other assets to live very comfortably off the increase in value of all that stuff. Real estate is a limited resource, so it's value can only go up over a longer period of time.

Not necessarily. If it's in a good neighborhood, yes. If it's in a deteriorating neighborhood (for example, parts of Detroit), then its value will go down.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sell? They realized that ship had sailed after they finished with all the unpublished crap they had after Hubbard's death.

Straight donations is where it's at and where they raise the majority of their money now a days. Selling actual things (books, CDs) or courses is much lower on the priority list these days - why shouldn't it be? Much better to get your money for nothing and slaves for free!