What's new

Kudos to Mike Laws Re: Frank Pate Federal Indictment on wire fraud charges

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Kudos to Mike Laws Re: Frank Pate Federal Indictment on wire fraud charges
Tony Ortega reports today. Docs included. Kudos to Mike Laws for helping expose this con and assisting in getting it investigated by the federal government.

Former Scientologist indicted in financial scheme that victimized other ex-church members

Thanks, Mike, for alerting people about this guy. :thumbsup:

8th February 2011, 07:44 PM #259
Mike Laws

Wowza!!! Whata thread!!

There are several things here I need to respond to, each major subject will be a different post.

First, on the currency trading and source of "data" to Dexter. I took some time to consider the whole thing and the perspectives here. Some is solid information, some is speculation. The nature of the dealings I had with him are solid information, backed by dox, the intent of his actions are speculative. It all happened between 2003 and 2004.

I can see no profit motive for him to stir up Dexter, so will assume they are buds and one bud telling another bud about how bad and evil this other dude is. People can get pretty excitable and run some amazing tangents ... i.e. Infinite (lay off the Java dude!!). I will give good ol’ Dex the benefit of the doubt and consider he was over excited about this fountain of inside information and considering himself now in the know, decided to help protect his friends from the evil one.

I am certain Dexter’s "friend" is a man by the name of:
Frank Pate, AKA
Frank Edwin Pate
Franklin Pate
Frank E Pate
F.E. Pate
and some other combinations I don't recall. His company names were mostly based around the names Infinity, he loved the word. Infinity Investing LLC, Infinity Group of companies, Infinity GP Replicast Racing, Infinity Marine, Infinity etc.

Law suits against Frank Pate are for Infinity Investing, LLC.

He started moving companies over to his wife’s name; any one who wants that can do the leg work to figure out her name, I have no beef with her. She is also specifically named in the suit.

My involvement with him was investing money for investing, believing he had a company and was a licensed broker/trader. Turns out he had nothing more than a shell, no legal, no accounting, no QC. I believe but can not prove either way that he was or not trading through a personal FOREX account, I saw no documents or evidence he was actually trading, though assumed he was, until the end where he couldn't give me the money back. This occurred early 2003 and I didn't get the money back until some time in 2004 (I forgot about the drama involved!). Fortunately I have found the entire file with email, which I am turning over to my attorney to take any appropriate action.

The interesting point, reviewing documents was that for most of a year, profit was made some months, of which he took half, and then subsequent months would loose all profits, then they would build up, he took half, then all lost again. Out fight for me to recover just my principle was pretty brutal, by that point I didn't care about profits or use of funds for a year.

Beyond that I am taking no further action. This post will show up on Google with his name, leading to me if anyone has questions. If their attorneys are serious, or the FEDS are serious, they can easily find me. My attorney can do anything further he sees fit to look after my interests.

I am done on this part.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...y-and-Question&p=534585&viewfull=1#post534585

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It looks like he's used the alias Franko Edwin Bianchi (unless this is his birth name).

http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/franko-bianchi/43171813

http://www.intelius.com/people/Frank-Pate/08fgyw34qgv

https://www.facebook.com/frankinfinity

Frank & his wife, Leila, incorporated 'Adopt a Kid Racer' in 2005. The Texas Revenue Dept. closed it for non-payment of taxes.

Taxpayer No. 13003329763
Address: 9607 SPRING DR., FRISCO, TX 75035-2148
Right to Transact Business in Texas: FRANCHISE TAX INVOLUNTARILY ENDED
Registration Date: 08/26/2005

* Director: FRANK PATE, 9607 SPRING DR., FRISCO , TX 75035
* Director: KIMBER SEAL, 9607 SPRING DR., FRISCO , TX 75035
* Director: LEILA RANZI, 9607 SPRING DR., FRISCO , TX 75035

Frank & his wife were the subject of a news article in 2011 about school truancy:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...rs-guidance-for-some-loopholes-for-others.ece

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Big thanks to Dexter Gelfand for getting me involved with this, sufficiently energized and focused to do a little something. Might not have happened if it wasn't for Dexter ... seriously. Until Dexter started viciously coming after me with his stories and attacks, Frank Pate was a forgotten memory and chapter in my life.

Second only to Dexter real thanks and appreciation go to ESMB, many people saw my thread and post regarding Pate/Dexter and contacted me. I was able to help network victims, hopefully assisting in the process. Truly, without the high ranking ESMB platform making this stuff show up at the top of the rankings, I don't know this would have come together. We often love and hate ESMB and the related drama, but this is an example where it is really and measurably helping people in a material way.

On another fun note, Dexter Gelfand was at the US Free Zone convention this spring/summer bragging about his great and amazing co-audit partner ... none other than the great Frank Pate. Frank had apparently packed up his family in an RV, Ron style ... traveling the country ... doing research ... reportedly it was pretty hard to find him. Per both Dexter and Frank, Franks business and legal and life prowess are legendary. So, he is doing a prudent financial move and having the public defender look after him. I saw email and documents between Frank and one of his victims, the one that actually reported this to the FBI, where frank personally (no lawyers involved) filed a suit against this person for fraud and slander for reporting Frank to the FBI. Frank then offers to withdraw his suit, and pay some portion of the money back if this person withdrew the FBI complaint. Class act that this victim was, he held true and kept on course where pretty much every other victim either gave up, or was beaten into silence with intimidation and threats that they would never see a penny of their money if they reported him. Other email I saw ... an older woman ... was being audited by Frank in the free zone, she had an inheritance 1/3-1/2 of a million dollars ... which Frank got to invest as part of or shortly after the auditing. When she wanted money back after Frank failed to make good on promises, Frank proceeded to beat them using the mothers case data to degrade and intimidate ... and the classy dude did it in writing!!!

Seriously, now is the time for any other victims ... or victims that were intimidated into silence to step forward. As part of this litigation, attempts will be made to recover an return funds for those who were scammed. The FBI obtained a protective order for anyone stepping forward, preventing Frank or any agents harassing or intimidating them. Who knows what will be recovered, but no chance of anything if you don't apply. There are three ways to do this:

1. and this is the absolute best: Directly contact Special Agent Christine Edson. I have spoken with her a number of times and was very impressed. She was compassionate, polite, understanding, intelligent ... dogged and driven. She put over a year work into this. She wanted to and then did something to try and help the people hurt. She isn't intimidating. Good girl. Does a great job. Her desk phone is 214 area code and 559 and 5726. She is the first FBI agent I ever worked with, it was a remarkably pleasant and productive experience.

2. Contact Frank-Pate.com web site, this is a victim and the person making the first complaint to the FBI. Good person, but right now wants to remain anonymous. None of this would have happened without this person, same one mentioned above.

3. Least preferable is contact me via face book or private message on ESMB. I am not officially involved, just trying to help.

Oh, the nature of Franks deals changed over time ... started international currancy trading, then did some real estate deals, and finally it was a charity to build homes for disabled veterans ... no land was purchased or homes every built.

Mike

ps. Hey Dex, ol' buddy, ol' pall, best buddy there could ever be ... is your needle still floating? Mine is.

pps. Those infinite folks in the earlier threads that were penises about docs or plox ... you know who you are ... eat shit and die.

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Big thanks to Dexter Gelfand for getting me involved with this, sufficiently energized and focused to do a little something. Might not have happened if it wasn't for Dexter ... seriously. Until Dexter started viciously coming after me with his stories and attacks, Frank Pate was a forgotten memory and chapter in my life.

Second only to Dexter real thanks and appreciation go to ESMB, many people saw my thread and post regarding Pate/Dexter and contacted me. I was able to help network victims, hopefully assisting in the process. Truly, without the high ranking ESMB platform making this stuff show up at the top of the rankings, I don't know this would have come together. We often love and hate ESMB and the related drama, but this is an example where it is really and measurably helping people in a material way.

On another fun note, Dexter Gelfand was at the US Free Zone convention this spring/summer bragging about his great and amazing co-audit partner ... none other than the great Frank Pate. Frank had apparently packed up his family in an RV, Ron style ... traveling the country ... doing research ... reportedly it was pretty hard to find him. Per both Dexter and Frank, Franks business and legal and life prowess are legendary. So, he is doing a prudent financial move and having the public defender look after him. I saw email and documents between Frank and one of his victims, the one that actually reported this to the FBI, where frank personally (no lawyers involved) filed a suit against this person for fraud and slander for reporting Frank to the FBI. Frank then offers to withdraw his suit, and pay some portion of the money back if this person withdrew the FBI complaint. Class act that this victim was, he held true and kept on course where pretty much every other victim either gave up, or was beaten into silence with intimidation and threats that they would never see a penny of their money if they reported him. Other email I saw ... an older woman ... was being audited by Frank in the free zone, she had an inheritance 1/3-1/2 of a million dollars ... which Frank got to invest as part of or shortly after the auditing. When she wanted money back after Frank failed to make good on promises, Frank proceeded to beat them using the mothers case data to degrade and intimidate ... and the classy dude did it in writing!!!

Seriously, now is the time for any other victims ... or victims that were intimidated into silence to step forward. As part of this litigation, attempts will be made to recover an return funds for those who were scammed. The FBI obtained a protective order for anyone stepping forward, preventing Frank or any agents harassing or intimidating them. Who knows what will be recovered, but no chance of anything if you don't apply. There are three ways to do this:

1. and this is the absolute best: Directly contact Special Agent Christine Edson. I have spoken with her a number of times and was very impressed. She was compassionate, polite, understanding, intelligent ... dogged and driven. She put over a year work into this. She wanted to and then did something to try and help the people hurt. She isn't intimidating. Good girl. Does a great job. Her desk phone is 214 area code and 559 and 5726. She is the first FBI agent I ever worked with, it was a remarkably pleasant and productive experience.

2. Contact Frank-Pate.com web site, this is a victim and the person making the first complaint to the FBI. Good person, but right now wants to remain anonymous. None of this would have happened without this person, same one mentioned above.

3. Least preferable is contact me via face book or private message on ESMB. I am not officially involved, just trying to help.

Oh, the nature of Franks deals changed over time ... started international currancy trading, then did some real estate deals, and finally it was a charity to build homes for disabled veterans ... no land was purchased or homes every built.

Mike

ps. Hey Dex, ol' buddy, ol' pall, best buddy there could ever be ... is your needle still floating? Mine is.

pss. Those infinite folks in the earlier threads that were penises about docs or plox ... you know who you are ... eat shit and die.

Don't really understand, but LOVING the comment about, 'infinite folks in the earlier threads that were penises about docs or plod, eat shit and die...'

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Frank & Leila Pate sued Jonathan Horwich (former husband of Diana Hubbard) in Arizona District Court (Tucson) in June 2014. Pate was arrested in Arizona.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/arizona/azdce/4:2014cv02201/870677

Pate also filed suit against Laura Cheng on the same day; same court. http://dockets.justia.com/docket/arizona/azdce/4:2014cv02202/870680

From an old blog retrieved in cache:

2014 - Comes to Arizona early spring for friends wedding, and decides after several months, AZ is best place in US for health issues from Lead and heavy metals related issues. ( Allergies to mold, foods, environmental, seizures)

2014 - Calls Prescott home in June begins looking for wine capable property in Prescott Chino Valley area.

2014 - Gets inditement handed down by Grand Jury August 13, in Texas Eastern District. Discovers FBI search was illegal in its form.

2014 - Gets arrested and released on own recognizance in Phoenix Federal courts, surrenders passport.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...te.com/about-frank/+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ha ha ha.
Ha ha ha ha!
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

:dieslaughing::lol::dancer::roflmao::buzzin::dance3::hysterical:

The chickens have come home to roost.

Dexter, I hope your "brother" enjoys his incarceration. Perhaps you should go fly his ruds on Skype!

Hehe.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

(snip rest of excellent post)

I hope you feel very good about this Mike.

I know the shit you've copped over it.

Hopefully now some of that poo will start rolling the other way.

Kudos to you. :thumbsup:

RogerB

Crusader
Ahh, Mike :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :clap::clap::clap:

And LUV your sense of humor!

Laughed myself silly reading you expressions of new found (or perhaps simply newly expressed in more succinct and wondrous terms!) wisdom on the funny types who've fucked up and misled others.

And . . . could it be . . . is it the internationally famous Dex-pester G you are referring to here, who rage quit ESMB over a well founded expression of observation by our ever on-the-ball Emma who denounced what she saw of the follies of some in the FeeZone?

Some just can't deal with the truth when it is revealed . . . . maybe it's because they so delude themselves with their "think" about things like truth and tech that they cannot see what is!

Some are so deluded they will insist that you are wrong to be pointing out what is error (even when a person asks for advice, help and correction!!! Now that is really getting into the insane realm of behavior and think) or evil in another's actions . . . these cats have locked themselves into the delusion thatcha gotta be all new-agey and luuuuvem all even when they are stabbing you.

I saw one dude recently go on a nice polite discourse about them bad and wrong "Hubbard Bashers" . . . I kid you not . . . the rationale being that to point out Hubbs's crimes, lies, con and deceit was to be playing victim and sticking self in the victim mentality :melodramatic: Even when it was pointed out that to be optimumly responsible for self and one's fellows, as Mike has been here, and exercise "pan-determinism" is surely not the action of a victim but that of taking a causative and corrective position . . . . NNNOOOooo :no::no: the ya gotta be kind and goooood and Luuuuvem.

So, the genius of Dex G . . . . our on the ball and ever polite Em says,

I have a new opinion of FreeZoners. This is based on years of observation, interaction and one or two recent incidents that have pushed me over the edge.
And here it is.....

If you have the left the official church of Scientology, have had a chance to read all the information about Hubbard, the formation of the tech, the abuses, the history, the lies and betrayals Scientology delivers AND you have flittered around the FZ, had a chance to experience Scientology tech "outside" the official church and interacted with the key people in the Freezone and seen how these people behave and how the insanity perpetuates, and you still consider yourself a Scientologist THEN YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

There is no other explanation.

You are just fucking stupid.

Umm, well, it seem other folks are not allowed to see what they see in the think of the do-gooder class . . . we've all gotta be nice and deluded and to LIKE them (as in luv, not be like)

Later our Emms posts a wondrous thread . . .

This one ya gotta read to believe . . . .

Post #9 is the Dex resigning . . . (lovingly, of course!)

Post #10 is Emma, being gracious with her opening first sentence . . .

Dexter, thank you for admitting to your part in this OSA op.

So . . . are we surprised this level of intellect is compelled to luv a nasty and con man and all that do-gooder stuff as Mike is revealing above?

Some people just don't get it . . . no matter how much you try and help them, advise them and seek to help them correct their errors, they cannot hack it.

They are too stuck in their deluded little in-the-box-view of things . . . to be noted is this point by Mike:

and . . .

On another fun note, Dexter Gelfand was at the US Free Zone convention this spring/summer bragging about his great and amazing co-audit partner ... none other than the great Frank Pate. Frank had apparently packed up his family in an RV, Ron style ... traveling the country ... doing research ... reportedly it was pretty hard to find him. Per both Dexter and Frank, Franks business and legal and life prowess are legendary. So, he is doing a prudent financial move and having the public defender look after him.

Yes, well, it looks like the wonders of the Dex tech didn't do much to help the Frank Pate at all . . . some call it mutual ruds . . . actually, it's the ineffective syndrome of being kind, and nice, and loving, and all that smoozey stuff that leaves people liking you but is not needed by those who are truly honest and effective in working with their people.

Holidays and a good dose of booze or pot can have you feeling "better too" . . . but it ain't the real deal. It's delusion.

It's a bit sad to see all this . . . but you really can't help or be too concerned about them who refuse your best advices and who seek to make you wrong for trying to steer them right.

Well done, Mike! It does take balls to get involved and do the right thing in issues like this.

I'd rather be on the side of a man who can see what is than with the deluded class who are killing the universe with their "kindness" and do-goodismness.

RogerB

bbb

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Lots of interesting stuff here on Pate at the court Case Search Collins County TX. One case stated as closed, from 2008, is still open. I quoted the docket here. He's been in contempt of court on it. Has a hearing in November. These others ones include, eviction notices, him being charged with not sending his kids to school and some cases he filed against others, who them sued him.
Just search his name here for the details
http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/

Case Number Styled Filed On Case Type Status Judge
003-02154-2012 Deutsche Bank National Trust Company, as Trustee in Trust for The Benefit of The Certificateholders for Ameriquest Mortgage Securities Trust 2004-R5, Asset-Backed Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2004-R5 vs.Frank Pate and all Other Occupants 08/03/2012 JP Appeal Case is Closed Baxter, Lance

04-EV-12-00937 DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST COMPANY, AS TRUSTEE IN TRUST FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE vs. FRANK PATE 06/01/2012 Evictions Appealed Yarbrough, W.M. "Mike"

04-TR-12-00054 STATE of TEXAS vs. Frank Pate 01/04/2012 Adult - Citation Disposed Yarbrough, W.M. "Mike"

006-83716-2011 STATE of TEXAS VS. Pate, Frank 06/01/2011 Appealed from Lower Court Disposed Bender, Jay

031CV050046401 121 MARINAS LTD DBA PIER 121 v. FRANK PATE 08/19/2005 Small Claims Closed

040TR061561401 State of Texas v. FRANK PATE III 08/30/2006 Traffic Closed

366-01656-2011 Leila Pate,Frank Pate Vs. Deustche Bank National Trust Company 04/15/2011 All Other Civil Cases Closed Wheless, Ray

366-03851-2009 Frank Pate, Leila Pate vs. Hughes Watters Askanase, Deutsche Bank National Trust, Carolyn Taylor, Cathy Lee, Robert Lee, Ahmsi 10/02/2009 OLD Other Civil Cases - District Closed Wheless, Ray

380-02223-2008 Laura Cheng v. Infinity Investing, LLC, Frank Pate, Leila Pate, Troy Sweetman 07/30/2008 Civil Old - Accounts, Contracts, Notes Closed District Judge, 380th ( see docket below)

401-01872-2010 Frank Pate, Leila Pate v. Hughes Watters & Askanase LLP, Carolyn Taylor 05/07/2010 Civil Old - Accounts, Contracts, Notes Closed Rusch, Mark
401-03166-2008 Frank Pate, Leila Pate vs. Citi Residential Lending, Deutsche Bank Trust, Hughes, Watters & Askanase, L.L.P 10/03/2008 OLD Other Civil Cases - District Case is Closed Rusch, Mark

0018765306 State of Texas v. Pate Frank Iii 10/23/2006 Adult Misdemeanor Disposed Mason, Corinne A. [/QUOTE]

I wonder if Ms Cheng knows about the FBI investigation and federal indictment?

Case History
Case Number 380-02223-2008
Date Filed: 07/30/2008
Case Type: CV - Civil Old - Accounts, Contracts, Notes
Style: Laura Cheng v. Infinity Investing, LLC, Frank Pate, Leila Pate, Troy Sweetman
JudicialOfficer: District Judge, 380th in 380th District Court

Parties
Type Name DOB Address Attorney
Defendant Infinity Investing, LLC Pro Se
Defendant Pate, Frank Pro Se
Defendant Pate, Leila Pro Se
Defendant Sweetman, Troy Chester G Ball
Plaintiff Cheng, Laura Mark L Hill

Case Events
Date Event Type Comments Cancelled Reason Time Judge
07/30/2008 Plaintiff's Original Petition (OCA) $283.00
07/30/2008 Request for Citation $8.00 X4 In Clerk's Hold Box
07/30/2008 Letter Cover Letter
07/30/2008 Citation
07/30/2008 Citation
07/30/2008 Citation
07/30/2008 Citation
09/29/2008 Original Answer filed by Michael McGovern (not an attorney)
09/29/2008 Original Answer Troy Sweetman
10/06/2008 Motion and Order for Service Under Rule 106
10/08/2008 Order for Substitute Service
12/24/2008 Letter
03/25/2009 Plaintiff's Notice of Record Request
03/25/2009 Plaintiff's Notice of Records Request
04/16/2009 Amended Petition Mary Kuennen Kilany - plaintiff's first amended original petition
04/20/2009 Request for Copies $
04/23/2009 Original Answer
04/23/2009 Amended Answer
04/23/2009 Motion to Quash Emergency Motion to Quash
04/24/2009 Hearing Motion to Quash 9:00 AM
06/10/2009 Rule 11 Agreement With Sealed Envelope
06/10/2009 Affidavit of Business Records
10/26/2009 Motion to Recuse
10/27/2009 Order on Motion to Recuse
11/12/2009 Order to Transfer to the 380th
11/17/2009 Correspondence
02/03/2010 Motion for Sub of Counsel
02/04/2010 Order grant p's mtn for sub of counsel
04/09/2010 Returned Mail Undeliverable
04/12/2010 Correspondence
04/26/2010 Plaintiff's Mtn to Compel Def's Responses to discovery
05/03/2010 Letter cover
05/17/2010 Jury Fee Paid $30.00
05/20/2010 Correspondence
05/21/2010 Motion To Compel 9:00 AM
05/21/2010 General Docket Entry Attys appeared for hearing; agreements on the record and rulings on the record. Compel Order and PO TBFC. SHW
05/28/2010 Dismissal Hearing Cancelled: Per Judge 9:00 AM
06/23/2010 Agreed Order Confidentiality and Protective Order
07/22/2010 Motion to Withdraw
07/23/2010 Letter
07/26/2010 Order of Withdrawal of Counsel
07/27/2010 Plaintiff's Mtn to Compel the Depo of Frank Pate and Infinity Investing LLC
08/10/2010 Motion To Compel 10:00 AM
08/10/2010 Motion for dismissal, lack of standing and improper jurisdictions
08/10/2010 General Docket Entry Atty for Plaintiff and Def, pro se, appeared; Motion to Compel granted, $800 attys fees ordered; order signed. SHW
08/10/2010 Deputy Reporter Statement
08/10/2010 Order granting motion to compel
08/31/2010 Motion for Contempt and For Sanctions
08/31/2010 Response to Defs Motion for Dismissal. Lack of Standing, and Improper Jurisdiction
09/03/2010 Motion Hearing Defendant's Motion to Dismiss/Juris./Mtn for Contempt 9:00 AM
09/03/2010 General Docket Entry Plaintiff's atty appeared; Defs appeared pro se; motion to dismiss denied; order signed on deposition matter. shw
09/03/2010 Order Denied dismissal
09/03/2010 Order Granted motion to compel
09/14/2010 Motion to Withdraw
09/17/2010 Motion to cause proof of authority and objections
09/20/2010 Court Admin Correspondence FAX Rec'd by the Court
10/04/2010 Letter
10/06/2010 Motion for Withdrawal of Counsel & mtn for contempt/mtn to cause proof 9:00 AM
10/06/2010 Order of Withdrawal of Counsel
10/27/2010 Motion to Suspend Deposition and Sanctions for Relief
11/01/2010 Certificate of Deposition (Bill of Cost Form) Frank Pate
11/04/2010 Plaintiff's brief supporting motions to compel and for sanctions
11/05/2010 Motion To Compel 9:00 AM
11/05/2010 Order compelling deposition of def. infinity investing llc
11/16/2010 Letter from CT Corp
12/28/2010 Motion for Summary Judgment
12/28/2010 Notice Rule 166a(d)
01/04/2011 Correspondence To Court From Chester Ball
01/04/2011 Correspondence To Court From Chester Ball
01/19/2011 Correspondence
01/20/2011 Motion to Quash
01/20/2011 Letter
01/28/2011 Returned Mail Undeliverable No longer company's registered agent
01/31/2011 Correspondence
02/11/2011 Response Plaintiff's Response to Defendant Troy Sweetman's Motion for Summary Judgment
02/11/2011 Affidavit Appendix in Support of Plaintiff's Response to Defendant, Troy Sweetman's Motion for Summary Judgment
02/11/2011 Amended Petition Second Amended Original Petition
02/18/2011 Motion for Summary Judgment hearing/Mtn to Quash 9:00 AM
02/18/2011 General Docket Entry MSJ Denied - JF
02/23/2011 Correspondence
03/16/2011 Address Change
04/11/2011 Motion Defendant Leila Pate's Motion For No- Evidence Summary Judgment
04/14/2011 Motion to Dismiss Defendant's Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Jurisdiction
04/25/2011 Agreed Motion for Verified Motion For Continuance
04/25/2011 Order for Continuance Order on Agreed Motion for Continuance
04/25/2011 Amended Answer Sweetman's First Amended Answer
04/26/2011 Correspondence
04/27/2011 Agreed Order Agreed Scheduling Order
06/23/2011 Correspondence from Chris Moseder
06/24/2011 Motion to Abate
07/06/2011 Correspondence
07/06/2011 Request for Copies $
07/13/2011 Correspondence
07/25/2011 Court Admin Correspondence FAX Rec'd by the Court
07/27/2011 Counter Claim $65.00 Defendant Sweetman's Second Amended Answer and Cross Action
07/27/2011 Intervention $65.00 Petition in Intervention
07/27/2011 Request for Citation by Certified Mail $83.00 x 3
07/27/2011 Motion for Continuance
08/01/2011 Correspondence To Court From Chester Ball
08/04/2011 Court Admin Correspondence FAX Rec'd by the Court
08/09/2011 Motion for Continuance Agreed Verified
08/09/2011 Motion to Strike Petition in Intervention
08/09/2011 Order On Agreed Mot Continuance
08/09/2011 Order Agreed Scheduling Order
08/12/2011 Citation by Certified Mail
08/12/2011 Mailed citation by certified mail
08/15/2011 Certified Green Card Returned Frank Pate - no date
08/15/2011 Certified Green Card Returned Leila Pate - no date
08/16/2011 Motion Ex-Parte Emergency Motion to Quash Plaintiffs "Agreed Scheduling Order" of August 9, 2011
08/17/2011 Correspondence to Court
08/17/2011 Defendant's Combined Motion to Prove Standing and Authority
08/17/2011 Defendant's Frank Pate's Response to Counter Defendant Troy Sweetmans Cross-Action
08/17/2011 Defendant's Leila Pate's Response to Counter Defendant Troy Sweetmans Cross Action
08/17/2011 Defendant's Leila Pate's Response to Petition in Intervention
08/17/2011 Defendant's Frank Pate's Response to Petition in Intervention
08/22/2011 Certified Green Card Returned Infinity Investing LLC 8-16-2011
08/22/2011 Correspondence To Chester Ball From Anita Montez
08/29/2011 Correspondence
08/30/2011 Motion mtn to set earlier motions for hearing
10/14/2011 Motion for Summary Judgment Leila Pate No Evidence/Mtn to Dismiss/Mtn to Abate 9:00 AM
10/28/2011 Motion for Continuance Agreed Verified Motion for Continuance
10/28/2011 Order for Continuance
10/31/2011 Amended Motion Def Amend Mot Continuance
12/30/2011 Motion Defendant Leila Pate's Motion for Sanctions Against Cross Claimaint Troy Sweetmans Attorney
12/30/2011 Motion Defendant Leila Pate's Motion for Sanctions Against Cross Claimaint Troy Sweetmans Attorney
12/30/2011 Motion Defendant Leila Pate's Motion for Sanctions Gainst Cross Claimaint Troy Sweetmans Attorney
12/30/2011 Motion Defendant Leila Pate's Motion for Sanctions
12/30/2011 Motion Defendant Frank Pate's Motion for Sanctions
01/03/2012 Motion Plaint Mot Compel
01/04/2012 Amended Answer & Plea to the Jurosdiction
01/05/2012 Amended Answer Defendants Amended Answer Plea to the Jurisdiction
01/06/2012 Objection to Motion to Compel by Plaintiff
01/06/2012 Objection to Motion to Compel by Plaintiff
01/06/2012 Amended Scan with Completed Return
01/09/2012 Correspondence
01/17/2012 Motion To Compel 9:00 AM
01/17/2012 Motion To Compel 9:00 AM
01/17/2012 Order Granting Plaintiff's Motion to Compel
02/13/2012 Amended Motion Defendant's Amended Motion for Continuance
02/15/2012 Subpoena Return - Not DC Issued Trial Subpoena Tha State of Texas
02/15/2012 Order Of Continuance
02/16/2012 Deputy Reporter Statement
03/05/2012 Correspondence
05/07/2012 Motion for Summary Judgment against defendant Frank Pate
05/07/2012 Motion for Summary Judgment against Infinity Investing, LLC
05/22/2012 Letter received from CT Corp
05/22/2012 Letter received from CT Corp
05/29/2012 Letter of resignation for CT Corp. as service entity
05/31/2012 Motion for Summary Judgment hearing 9:00 AM
05/31/2012 Order
06/06/2012 Request Def Leila Pats Request to take Judicial Notice of Facts
06/13/2012 Pre Trial 9:00 AM
06/13/2012 General Docket Entry Motion for continuance on Trial for June 18th is granted. R Davis District Judge, 380th
06/18/2012 Jury Trial Final Reset 9:00 AM
06/26/2012 Correspondence from CT Corporation
09/21/2012 Motion for Summary Judgment Plaintiff's/against Defendant Leila Pate
09/24/2012 Notice Frank Pate's Notice Of Early Return From Business Trip
09/24/2012 Address Change Leila Pate's Notice Of Change Of Address
10/01/2012 Letter no longer registered agent for this company
10/04/2012 Affidavit of Leila Ranzi-Pate
10/23/2012 Request for Copies $
10/25/2012 Plaintiff's Plaintiff's Reply in Support of Motion for Summary Judgment against Defendant Leila Pate
10/26/2012 Motion for Summary Judgment Hearing 9:00 AM
10/26/2012 General Docket Entry After hearing, Plaintiff's MSJ granted against Defendant Leila Pate on claim of conspiracy. Order signed. Agreement recited into record to non-suit Plaintiff's claims against Defendant Sweetman and Defendant Evergreen. BNS Smith, Benjamin N.

10/26/2012 Order for Summary Judgment
12/10/2012 Final Judgment

12/31/2012 Request for Copies $
01/02/2013 Request for Copies $
08/02/2013 Plaintiff's Motion to Compel-submitted by Lesley Lewis
08/27/2013 Motion To Compel 9:00 AM
08/27/2013 General Docket Entry Hearing on Plaintiff's Motion to Compel. Defendants failed to appear. Motion granted. Order signed. BNS
08/27/2013 Order Granting Plaintiff's Motion to Compel Post Judgment Discovery
03/20/2014 Motion Planitiff's Motion for Contempt for Violation of Court Order
03/25/2014 Notice of Hearing Notice Of Hearing
05/06/2014 Objection
05/06/2014 Motion for Continuance
05/16/2014 Contempt Mtn for Continuance 9:00 AM
05/16/2014 General Docket Entry Hearing on Plaintiff's Motion for Contempt. Defendants failed to appear. Defendants motion for continuance found defective and denied. Evidence presented. Motion for Contempt granted. Order signed. BNS/380

05/16/2014 Order Granted Plaintiff's Motion for Contempt and Ordering Defendants to Respond to Plaintiff's Discovery Requests
06/06/2014 Correspondence from CT Corp
09/24/2014 Motion Plaintiff's Motion for Contempt
09/25/2014 Order Order to Appear and Show Cause

11/10/2014 Contempt 9:00 AM

Pate is now suing Cheng

Pate et al v. Cheng
Defendant: Laura Cheng
Plaintiff: Leila Pate and Frank Pate

Case Number: 4:2014cv02202
Filed: June 26, 2014

Court: Arizona District Court
Office: Tucson Division Office
County: Pima
Presiding Judge: Charles R Pyle

Nature of Suit: Other Civil Rights
Cause of Action: 28:1331
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/arizona/azdce/4:2014cv02202/870680

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . pps. Those infinite folks in the earlier threads that were penises about docs or plox ... you know who you are ... eat shit and die.

What a pity you didn't report the illegal foreign currency trading much earlier. It would have prevented so many other people from having been ripped off subsequently.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Will respond to a few specific comments on this later, but was struck by a thought.

I remember hanging out with Tom Devocht a couple of years ago, lamenting about the "good old days". Even though I was RTC and tom CMO Int, he actually elevated to a position "more desirable" than mine as a close personal friend of DM, hanging out together, special percs, etc. until he fell from grace. Tom is also a very rarely known do gooder. When Rinder blew, Devo got him money to fly back to the US. Stayed on Devos sofa for months while moving forward. Nothing totally exceptional ... good friends and people do things like this for each other all the time, but such things are a mark of a good person. I remember Tom looking up at me sharply saying "you know, if they would have treated me half way decently I would still be there!" (In the SO).

This whole story is a tragedy. People were hurt, lives were ruined.

The whole thing would probably not have blown up or come to justice if people were kinder to each other, or at least less viscous. It took a brutal year for me to get money back from Frank Pate in the early 2,000's. But even that, with his threatening to report me to the COS, and IRS, and every other nasty thing he could think of, was enough for me to close the chapter and virtually forget about it.

I don't know Dexter at all in real life. Never met him, never corresponded with him, don't believe we were even in the same city or same part of the state at the same time, don't have mutual IRL friends, I just simply don't know him ... period. Dexter came after me pretty nasty, as did a number of others. I didn't take it personally until after he rage quit ESMB, started a thread about me beating some mystery women/woman. No police charges, no names, just he met this woman who said I beat her, that might have annoyed me but no big deal. Then he starts telling a bunch of other people trying to get them to post on ESMB. Several had the decency and honor to PM me with the data, but one just posted it, i believe on the thread listed above ... that made me angry, made me dig. True and half true data started emerging with lies that showed ties to Dallas. If Dexter was half way decent and civil to me, I wouldn't have cared. Frank may still have been arrested, the critical mass of people scammed may have come together, but I wouldn't have been involved. Amusingly, Dexters assaults were so extreme, that I was sought out by one of Dexter's ex wives, who read some of his stuff and wanted to give me the nitty gritty on Dexter's peccadilloes to throw in his face to shut him up. I never used that data or made it public.

Frank, if he would have just treated me decently, rather than feeling victimized that I made him give my money back, I would never have been involved. If he had treated me decently as an investor, he probably could have lost my money and I would have walked away. If he had treated any of his other investors decently, civilly, rather than threats, intimidation, name calling, etc. etc. People would probably have walked away ... well maybe not if the principle was absolutely guaranteed, but many or most would have probably moved on.

Even infinite, a person I have never met, don't know who he is or where, has never treated me civilly, I have no idea why. I checked into him enough to know that is is not even worth bothering about, but my evil side made me make a personal stab. I was told some stuff about him by a mutual acquaintance, qualities that I respect and admire in people. Yet I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Looking at other exes I have spent time with, being civil and human and kind and compassionate somehow was drummed out of us especially in the SO and especially at Int. Also at all levels, there seems to be a lack of compassion and understanding for each other and a focus on "me, mine, my clique, family", etc.

One of the big things from Dallas, this is about 27 years ago, I was on garrison mission at the small and failing then CC Dallas for refusing to abort our child. My marriage was on the rocks, and I would up having an affair, screwing the then ED. Even a quarter of a century ago, there are people that still remember that like today, only part of it though, I built up some pretty spectacular hatred against me for that one. I will have to make the whole story known on this one, and how Amy Scobee, WDC CC at the time, saves my ass by stepping in and prevents me from getting declared for refusing to redact my statement that I screwed the ED, who was sec checked and beat the meter. Dumb Ass laws, still on the cool aide, thinks the only way to salvation is to tell the truth, the other side beats the meter in a sec check, says I am loosing my mind and imagining things ... so I get ordered to witdraw my report, do formulas and get back on post. I also made the mistake of writing a report on myself after a session, confessing to something an auditor missed, that auditor went psycho mad dog on me ... sorry ... I digress.

This concept of civility and decency and honestly may have no real place on the internet and forums like this, but me, I think it should. I want this to be important to the people in my life. Scientifically, analyzing it, a hell of a case could probably be made for positive conduct in life creating better outcomes. But the internet has limited personal consequences especially for anonymous communicated interaction.

But it leads to a thought that this type of behavior to others, is it in fact some sort of sub conscious self destruct? What possible benefit can people get from it?

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Will respond to a few specific comments on this later, but was struck by a thought.

I remember hanging out with Tom Devocht a couple of years ago, lamenting about the "good old days". Even though I was RTC and tom CMO Int, he actually elevated to a position "more desirable" than mine as a close personal friend of DM, hanging out together, special percs, etc. until he fell from grace. Tom is also a very rarely known do gooder. When Rinder blew, Devo got him money to fly back to the US. Stayed on Devos sofa for months while moving forward. Nothing totally exceptional ... good friends and people do things like this for each other all the time, but such things are a mark of a good person. I remember Tom looking up at me sharply saying "you know, if they would have treated me half way decently I would still be there!" (In the SO).

This whole story is a tragedy. People were hurt, lives were ruined.

The whole thing would probably not have blown up or come to justice if people were kinder to each other, or at least less viscous. It took a brutal year for me to get money back from Frank Pate in the early 2,000's. But even that, with his threatening to report me to the COS, and IRS, and every other nasty thing he could think of, was enough for me to close the chapter and virtually forget about it.

I don't know Dexter at all in real life. Never met him, never corresponded with him, don't believe we were even in the same city or same part of the state at the same time, don't have mutual IRL friends, I just simply don't know him ... period. Dexter came after me pretty nasty, as did a number of others. I didn't take it personally until after he rage quit ESMB, started a thread about me beating some mystery women/woman. No police charges, no names, just he met this woman who said I beat her, that might have annoyed me but no big deal. Then he starts telling a bunch of other people trying to get them to post on ESMB. Several had the decency and honor to PM me with the data, but one just posted it, i believe on the thread listed above ... that made me angry, made me dig. True and half true data started emerging with lies that showed ties to Dallas. If Dexter was half way decent and civil to me, I wouldn't have cared. Frank may still have been arrested, the critical mass of people scammed may have come together, but I wouldn't have been involved. Amusingly, Dexters assaults were so extreme, that I was sought out by one of Dexter's ex wives, who read some of his stuff and wanted to give me the nitty gritty on Dexter's peccadilloes to throw in his face to shut him up. I never used that data or made it public.

Frank, if he would have just treated me decently, rather than feeling victimized that I made him give my money back, I would never have been involved. If he had treated me decently as an investor, he probably could have lost my money and I would have walked away. If he had treated any of his other investors decently, civilly, rather than threats, intimidation, name calling, etc. etc. People would probably have walked away ... well maybe not if the principle was absolutely guaranteed, but many or most would have probably moved on.

Even infinite, a person I have never met, don't know who he is or where, has never treated me civilly, I have no idea why. I checked into him enough to know that is is not even worth bothering about, but my evil side made me make a personal stab. I was told some stuff about him by a mutual acquaintance, qualities that I respect and admire in people. Yet I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Looking at other exes I have spent time with, being civil and human and kind and compassionate somehow was drummed out of us especially in the SO and especially at Int. Also at all levels, there seems to be a lack of compassion and understanding for each other and a focus on "me, mine, my clique, family", etc.

One of the big things from Dallas, this is about 27 years ago, I was on garrison mission at the small and failing then CC Dallas for refusing to abort our child. My marriage was on the rocks, and I would up having an affair, screwing the then ED. Even a quarter of a century ago, there are people that still remember that like today, only part of it though, I built up some pretty spectacular hatred against me for that one. I will have to make the whole story known on this one, and how Amy Scobee, WDC CC at the time, saves my ass by stepping in and prevents me from getting declared for refusing to redact my statement that I screwed the ED, who was sec checked and beat the meter. Dumb Ass laws, still on the cool aide, thinks the only way to salvation is to tell the truth, the other side beats the meter in a sec check, says I am loosing my mind and imagining things ... so I get ordered to witdraw my report, do formulas and get back on post. I also made the mistake of writing a report on myself after a session, confessing to something an auditor missed, that auditor went psycho mad dog on me ... sorry ... I digress.

This concept of civility and decency and honestly may have no real place on the internet and forums like this, but me, I think it should. I want this to be important to the people in my life. Scientifically, analyzing it, a hell of a case could probably be made for positive conduct in life creating better outcomes. But the internet has limited personal consequences especially for anonymous communicated interaction.

But it leads to a thought that this type of behavior to others, is it in fact some sort of sub conscious self destruct? What possible benefit can people get from it?

Not sure I totally understand. So some anonymous people posted rubbish about you. And somehow along the way, you lent some people money. I totally don't get how it ended so nasty especially as you tend to shrug stuff off.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
What a pity you didn't report the illegal foreign currency trading much earlier. It would have prevented so many other people from having been ripped off subsequently.

Hi Infinite ... AKA Captain Hindsight, the most worthless and annoying of all superheroes.

Glad to know you can read and re-post Andy Sewel's post from Facebook. Copy Paste, a skill that will get you far in life. Would rather post it here for wider distribution than on FB anyway.

Not because I give a shit about you or your thoughts, but because it is a valid question and criticism, I will try and answer why I didn't report this to authorities 11 years ago.

1. Both of us were Scientologists. Scientologists are not allowed to report each other to law enforcement. That is one thing if you were just a few years in Scientology, I was born in, and in the SO from age 15. There are hundreds if not thousands of pages of experiences writing on this and other ex blogs.

2. I got my money back, there was no theft. There was no crime. I had suspicions, but they were guesses. I knew no one else that had problems with him, other than Franks brother telling me to get away. I knew of no one else that invested with Frank. What should I have reported? The scale became totally different than what I got into, I think it was $10,000 - 2-3 times. I was naive enough to believe I had fault, for continuing to deal with someone even after I learned they were trading without licenses. I thought I could get into trouble for that, Frank told me as much and I bought into it. Frank was a master in one way, he was able to get me more scared of loosing out on potential profits than I was of loosing my money. He spun such a great picture, of huge riches and rewards, in such a convincing way that my money being protected was a forgone conclusion unworthy of discussion ... was I going to be an idiot and not make all this money like everyone else? Shifting the fear basis from loss of funds to loss of opportunity is a hallmark of this type of activity.

3. 10+ years ago I was barely starting to gain some traction in my professional life and the real world. I didn't even half way understand my legal rights, the laws of the land, money, etc. I had no friends as attorneys and probably couldn't have afforded one. I had only a starting idea of how the real world worked. I still, as a Scientologist at that time, had the cultural fear and distrust of all things government.

4. I was under a perpetual non enturbulation order for a several year period back then, yeah several years. If he had reported some of the stuff I said to him, I would have been declared. I was afraid to even bring it up to the COS at that time.

Until after I posted on ESMB, I didn't even know there were other people that had dealings with him.

Infinite, you are making a great example for my post, written above as you wrote yours. 3 years ago you attempt to degrade and humiliate me for telling the story, for making this stuff public. Now you attempt to degrade and humiliate me for not having done it earlier than 3 years. Can't even use logic in the sentence, but what possible benefit can you get as a human being by doing this shit?

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Not sure I totally understand. So some anonymous people posted rubbish about you. And somehow along the way, you lent some people money. I totally don't get how it ended so nasty especially as you tend to shrug stuff off.

Sorry, I thought this was clear. Dexter quotes anonymous people giving him first hand information about me. Wasn't true stuff, malicious lies mixed with some truth from my past, so I got focused on Dexter, who would be feeding him this stuff and why. Anonymous people have said all sorts of shit about me, goes with the territory, I may not like it, but if I play on a public forum with my real name, I have learned to expect it.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . Glad to know you can read and re-post Andy Sewel's post from Facebook. Copy Paste, a skill that will get you far in life. Would rather post it here for wider distribution than on FB anyway.

I copy'n'paste all the time . . . there are far wiser people than me on the internet and their messages are often worth repeating.

Not because I give a shit about you or your thoughts, but because it is a valid question and criticism, I will try and answer why I didn't report this to authorities 11 years ago . . .

That you do not give a shit about me or my thoughts is proof positive that I am in good company. Well done on getting someone who is probably guilty into jail, makes a change, eh? Like I said, pity it wasn't earlier but I do understand how mind-fucking the Scientology experience can be, especially when it comes to matters of wog justice. How's it going with your Biggi Reichert investigation . . . havn't read anything on that for a while. Perhaps you think the matter has now been "handled".

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Mike,

i know nothing about you. I know nothing about any of this. I don't follow a lot of the stuff here. Never heard of Frank Pate, and don't know Dexter Gelfand (god, is that really his name?).

I just want to say that I've read your posts over the years and you have always struck me as a very intelligent and articulate person. You have always left a good impression on me.

Just want to tell you: not everyone has some sort of terrible opinion of you because of what others have posted. A lot of us don't follow a lot of the drama that goes on. Some of us have just read your posts and liked them.

Hi Infinite ... AKA Captain Hindsight, the most worthless and annoying of all superheroes.

Glad to know you can read and re-post Andy Sewel's post from Facebook. Copy Paste, a skill that will get you far in life. Would rather post it here for wider distribution than on FB anyway.

Not because I give a shit about you or your thoughts, but because it is a valid question and criticism, I will try and answer why I didn't report this to authorities 11 years ago.

1. Both of us were Scientologists. Scientologists are not allowed to report each other to law enforcement. That is one thing if you were just a few years in Scientology, I was born in, and in the SO from age 15. There are hundreds if not thousands of pages of experiences writing on this and other ex blogs.

2. I got my money back, there was no theft. There was no crime. I had suspicions, but they were guesses. I knew no one else that had problems with him, other than Franks brother telling me to get away. I knew of no one else that invested with Frank. What should I have reported? The scale became totally different than what I got into, I think it was $10,000 - 2-3 times. I was naive enough to believe I had fault, for continuing to deal with someone even after I learned they were trading without licenses. I thought I could get into trouble for that, Frank told me as much and I bought into it. Frank was a master in one way, he was able to get me more scared of loosing out on potential profits than I was of loosing my money. He spun such a great picture, of huge riches and rewards, in such a convincing way that my money being protected was a forgone conclusion unworthy of discussion ... was I going to be an idiot and not make all this money like everyone else? Shifting the fear basis from loss of funds to loss of opportunity is a hallmark of this type of activity.

3. 10+ years ago I was barely starting to gain some traction in my professional life and the real world. I didn't even half way understand my legal rights, the laws of the land, money, etc. I had no friends as attorneys and probably couldn't have afforded one. I had only a starting idea of how the real world worked. I still, as a Scientologist at that time, had the cultural fear and distrust of all things government.

4. I was under a perpetual non enturbulation order for a several year period back then, yeah several years. If he had reported some of the stuff I said to him, I would have been declared. I was afraid to even bring it up to the COS at that time.

Until after I posted on ESMB, I didn't even know there were other people that had dealings with him.

Infinite, you are making a great example for my post, written above as you wrote yours. 3 years ago you attempt to degrade and humiliate me for telling the story, for making this stuff public. Now you attempt to degrade and humiliate me for not having done it earlier than 3 years. Can't even use logic in the sentence, but what possible benefit can you get as a human being by doing this shit?

Well, you poked him on this thread, so he poked you back. Is that so hard to understand?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Lots of interesting stuff here on Pate at the court Case Search Collins County TX. One case stated as closed, from 2008, is still open. I quoted the docket here. He's been in contempt of court on it. Has a hearing in November. These others ones include, eviction notices, him being charged with not sending his kids to school and some cases he filed against others, who them sued him.

Not just in Texas. Pate has sued Laura Cheng & Troy Sweetman in the Northern California courts.

http://archive.recapthelaw.org/cand/233543

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/4:2010cv03968/231499/7

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Well, you poked him on this thread, so he poked you back. Is that so hard to understand?

Not at all, but it doesn't take me poking him, if you ever read any of my posts, check out how many times he is not involved, jumps in, or just puts a WTF, disagree or LOL in a ridiculing way. Nothing new here, I was simply exercising my evil purposes.