What's new

scientology destroys families - a rant

Free Being Me

Crusader
Yes, I'm of the opinion that most of Bird's post should be answered this way; with a link to the homeless vets association.

The man is living in a van on the streets of...is it San Fran or Boston? I guess San Fran because winter is coming to Boston now. It's sad, he's itinerant, has no home, yet he focuses a large part of his attention on going to public libraries to DEFEND a cult leader instead of getting some shelter and mental help. It really shows the extent of how sick the con of Scientology is, living in van, barely surviving, yet he believes that Scientology is the greatest thing ever and has so helped and transformed his life..

His life, alone, living in a van, typing on a public library computer to tell everyone how great Scientology is...proof is in the pudding right?

I want it understood I'm not bashing the man on a personal level, there but for the grace of Xenu go I. I really wish he would get some real help instead of making the board his personal elcon derail hijacking kingdom. He has zero empathy for $cn victims, not even on a thread about the cult tearing families apart. Ironically plenty of people would be willing to him.

Maybe Birds presence is a testament to the tolerance and goodwill on the part of the board community yet when normal conversation is intentionally disrupted time and again for years it's time to ask if it is worth it. Giving compassion to Bird is certainly the right thing to do however I wonder if he counts on that kindness to inflict as much mayhem as possible toward the board community. See y'all around.

Real help is there Bird:
U.S. Veterans Administration
http://www.va.gov/

P.S. Please keep on keeping on Face, your stories are invaluable.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I was just reminded of the title of this thread: "Scientology destroys families".

This concept would be entirely ludicrous to a Scientologist.

But then. . .

SCIENTOLOGIST
Lies! Ludicrous!

SP
Well, let's break it down, shall we?
Mary Sue Hubbard--imprisoned, disconnected & destroyed.
Quentin Hubbard--terrorized and committed suicide. That's destroyed, right?
Ron Hubbard Jr--fair gamed, sued, disconnected & destroyed.
Should we continue listing more of Ron's family
starting with his previous wives that
he beat and terrorized?

SCIENTOLOGIST
What's all this supposed to prove?

SP
That Hubbard destroyed his own family.

SCIENTOLOGIST
LOL. It's not Ron's fault if
his wife and kids went out ethics, refused
to apply his tech and went PTS.

Apologies that this little dramatization had no punchline and wasn't funny. Kind of like the ending for every person in Scientology.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
It wouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the disconnection situation even if all policy on it was cancelled and the cancellation was issued in 6 foot high letters, set in concrete in every org and Chinese schooled 3x a day for eternity because it (disconnection and all its connotations) is handed down like a much valued family heirloom to be used if and when needed.

Newcomers very soon understand how it works too. It's entrenched in the psyche of a scientologist ... it doesn't have to be "enforced". If someone gets on your nerves or no longer has any value (or potential value) to you, degrade and flick them, and the sooner the better.

That seems to be the agreement in most cults.

:)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It wouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the disconnection situation even if all policy on it was cancelled and the cancellation was issued in 6 foot high letters, set in concrete in every org and Chinese schooled 3x a day for eternity because it (disconnection and all its connotations) is handed down like a much valued family heirloom to be used if and when needed.

Newcomers very soon understand how it works too. It's entrenched in the psyche of a scientologist ... it doesn't have to be "enforced". If someone gets on your nerves or no longer has any value (or potential value) to you, degrade and flick them, and the sooner the better.

That seems to be the agreement in most cults.

:)

"is handed down like a much valued family heirloom to be used if and when needed. " Exactly!!!!!

This particular rant is not just about disconnection, it is a part of it but only a part. It's also about the attitudes, such as what you do with the frail aged, the "PR Area Control" (telling lies to make something look better) to other family members, the deliberate and arrogant assumptions that "it's my way or the highway" and the actions taken to have that happen meanwhile projecting your ethical and moral crimes onto others to deflect attention. If I laid out exactly what has been happening you would be outraged, and OSA - the only reason I don't get the media in is because I actually care about those involved and will not bring more pressure and distress into the situation. Oops, mini rant.

Yes thanks Mary. Sometimes it is hard to let people learn their lessons the hard way. And they will ... eventually. Things tend to work out in the end ... it's just that all the shit is so so unnecessary. If only they could understand that!

B Effen S! Yet again--as you continually have before--you misrepresent, invent and willfully, disgustingly and pathetically falsely "inerpret" for others what I have Posted on ESMB.

It's abundantly clear in my posts re: the real Commodore, Harry Ross Hubbard, that El Ron spent very, very little time with Hisself's father when he visited the Apollo and shunted off "entertaining" Harry to specially selected Crew that were assigned the task to "keep him happy and impress him" with the "Greatness of El Ron". The relationship was awkward, shallow and distant and rather than give Harry the gift of his time Hisself gave Harry the gift of ultra expensive stereo equipment that Harry could listen to with his failing hearing during his last days.

The reason Harry visited the Apollo was that his primary caregiver contacted the Cof$ to let El Ron know that his decades ignored, estranged and alienated father was failing and on the cusp of his final months of life and hoped that Hisself would at least make an effort to see Harry before his passing. Harry's visit was more an El Ron Personal PR Caper for Hisself's image than a "making ones peace" with a dying father.

I resent your desperate, snarky and repeated attempts to prove me "wrong", "trip me up" or outright lie regarding my words about a person and persons you never knew, in a place you never were and circumstances that you have no first hand knowledge about whatsoever.

Face:)

thank you face

your original post did not characterize the HRH visit like this

nor do i attempt to invalidate you

you may HATE MY GUTS!! as many people have all my life

but i still think the world of you...

Yes, I'm of the opinion that most of Bird's post should be answered this way; with a link to the homeless vets association.

The man is living in a van on the streets of...is it San Fran or Boston? I guess San Fran because winter is coming to Boston now. It's sad, he's itinerant, has no home, yet he focuses a large part of his attention on going to public libraries to use a public computer to DEFEND a cult leader instead of getting some shelter and mental help. It really shows the extent of how sick the con of Scientology is, living in van, barely surviving, yet he believes that Scientology is the greatest thing ever and has so helped and transformed his life..

His life, alone, living in a van, typing on a public library computer to tell everyone how great Scientology is...proof is in the pudding right?

get "mental help"?

twice, in 1975 and again in 1980 i was incarcerated without warrant, tortured and driven to attempt suicide in psychiatric facilities

go ahead and GLOAT over the crap that's been pulled on me

and my writing on this board is grossly misrepresented, i most certainly do NOT speak of elron as "my hero/god" as one poster recently asserted nor do i speak of "how great scientology is". i am an auditor and i gained from that personal experience but i have stated openly and repeatedly on this board that i had strong reservations about both Ron and CoS when i studied and worked there and that as much as i personally am impressed by what is good about the work produced by hubbard and his colleagues i cannot recommend it

"...sad..."?

dry the crocodile tears off yer cheeks pal...

i've live a ballsy, creative and productive life and i defend with my life as an american veteran your right to piss on the life i've lived. go pour youself a cold one and snicker up your sleeve over how i was barred from seeing the bright beautiful son i loved dearly who loved me dearly while he died a slow death. piss on me all you like and i'll be dead myself fairly soon, you can come and drop trou and crap right on the grave i'll get from the VA

and i'm in san francisco today but taking off to boston in a day or two. be gone a while but i'll be back soon

love the lot of ya...

you too bunnyskull...

I want it understood I'm not bashing the man on a personal level, there but for the grace of Xenu go I. I really wish he would get some real help instead of making the board his personal elcon derail hijacking kingdom. He has zero empathy for $cn victims, not even on a thread about the cult tearing families apart. Ironically plenty of people would be willing to him.

Maybe Birds presence is a testament to the tolerance and goodwill on the part of the board community yet when normal conversation is intentionally disrupted time and again for years it's time to ask if it is worth it. Giving compassion to Bird is certainly the right thing to do however I wonder if he counts on that kindness to inflict as much mayhem as possible toward the board community. See y'all around.

Real help is there Bird:

P.S. Please keep on keeping on Face, your stories are invaluable.

and i ain't bashing you personally either FBM

but you are lying about me

Free Being Me

Crusader

but [HIGHLIGHT]you are lying[/HIGHLIGHT] about me

“Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?”
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I'm many things but a liar isn't one of them. Go get yourself help Bird. Please.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Free Being Me, that reminds me of a poem I read so long ago.

All but blind
In his chambered hole,
Gropes for worms
The four-clawed mole.

All but blind
In the burning day,
The barn owl
Blunders on her way.

And blind as are
These three to me,
So blind to someone
I must be.
Walter de la Mare

uniquemand

Unbeliever
“Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?”
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I'm many things but a liar isn't one of them. Go get yourself help Bird. Please.

Good stuff on Marcus Aurelius! He was quite a leader and philosopher. He was also a follower of Epictetus, carried his manual with him everywhere he went.

http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

but you are lying about me

For goodness sake, can't you keep your derailing off threads like this? Go start a thread in Off Topic where you can rant to your heart's content. This is my rant on a very serious subject which apparently escaped your notice!

Purple Rain

Crusader
The cult makes puppets of the loved ones and kin they control, pulling the strings to manipulate each act of cruelty and filling their mouths with their own words and agendas. Each stinging performance leaves the recipient a little more bloodied, a little more degraded, a little more alone. It is the worst kind of abuse. It happens in families who aren't culties as well, but Scientology takes it to a whole n'other level.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, they say, but maybe they'd better watch out because one day the person bleeding on the ground will be as strong as a giant and crush them underfoot like dust. That is the Purple prophecy on the matter. As they sow, so shall they reap.

You will get your loved ones back because you have The Way. Nobody can win in the long term without that.

:love8::hug:

Love.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
[/QUOTE]
thank you face

your original post did not characterize the HRH visit like this

nor do i attempt to invalidate you

Yet again, you play your games.

Here is my first Post re: HRH on the Apollo...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-Apollo-1973&p=418717&viewfull=1#post418717.

Subsequent to that Post I have posted on a number of occasions re: HRH on the Apollo, which is what I said. I didn't say much in that first post re: HRH, but I didn't say anything that can be construed as "El Ron was a "good son".

"Invalidate" is a Scn Speak word (as you used it) that I have used only once in over 3,900 Posts on ESMB. If you read this Post you will see how and in what context I used it (12th Paragraph)...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=550625&viewfull=1#post550625

I was very specific and judicious in what my "problem" is with your Schtick on ESMB and did not say that you attempt to "invalidate" me. What I said is actually, yet again, what you are doing in your response above.

I don't hate anyone (including El Ron) which I have stated before on this Board, despite your veiled misrepresentation to the contrary.

Very clever...I and others have misunderstood you and wished you ill but you are enlightened and above it all and love us regardless.:eyeroll:

Sorry, Commander...I don't think the world of you. I think you're occasionally entertaining, sometimes fascinating and almost always an egocentric game player seeking attention and most often full of throwaway, mock-sincere BS.

If that gets me banned, so be it...I'm tired of your baiting/targeting of Members and hijacking/trashing of important and valuable Threads for your personal pleasure and entertainment.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by faceinthecrowd

Here is my first Post re: HRH on the Apollo...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-Apollo-1973&p=418717&viewfull=1#post418717.

Subsequent to that Post I have posted on a number of occasions re: HRH on the Apollo, which is what I said. I didn't say much in that first post re: HRH, but I didn't say anything that can be construed as "El Ron was a "good son".

"Invalidate" is a Scn Speak word (as you used it) that I have used only once in over 3,900 Posts on ESMB. If you read this Post you will see how and in what context I used it...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=550625&viewfull=1#post550625

I was very specific and judicious in what my "problem" is with your Schtick on ESMB and did not say that you attempt to "invalidate" me. What I said is actually, yet again, what you are doing in your response above.

I don't hate anyone, including El Ron which I have stated before on this Board--despite your misrepresentation to the contrary.

Very clever...I and others have misunderstood you and wished you ill but you are enlightened and above it all and love us regardless.:eyeroll:

Sorry, Commander...I don't think the world of you. I think you're occasionally entertaining, sometimes fascinating and almost always an egocentric game player seeking attention and most often full of throwaway, mock-sincere BS.

If that gets me banned, so be it...I'm tired of your baiting/targeting of Members and hijacking/trashing of important and valuable Threads for your personal pleasure and entertainment.

One of the things that I have noticed with Scientologists who are "1/2 blown" from Hubbardism is that they can be somewhat maddening to exchange in conversation, due to the mercurial nature of their cult-inspired inconsistencies & contradictions.

It's entirely unpredictable when they might castigate Hubbard for having thrown them in the cramped chain locker they now reside in--or when they might, in the alternative, bemoan the fact that such severe confinement doesn't allow them to stand upright and properly applaud Hubbard's photo.

And, oh yeah, about those small hysterical children Hubbard terrorized for days by throwing them into chain lockers--the partially blown Scientologist will wistfully think back upon those glory days, recalling how 4-year olds had no problem at all standing up in the chain locker to give Hubbard the mandatory ovations.

Scientology Cognitions from Hell: Initially, getting into Scientology was often nothing more than naïveté fueled by wishful thinking. Sticking around Scientology a little too long was a function of gullibility induced by a mind numbing cocktail of profound indoctrination, terrorism and the subversion of good people's creative imagination in order to keep Hubbard's madness working. Finally, refusing to leave Scientology is simply delusion in the service of self-destruction and masochism.

"The best cult members are the ones that laugh & swear they aren't in a cult." - Hell Ruin Hoaxard

The cult makes puppets of the loved ones and kin they control, pulling the strings to manipulate each act of cruelty and filling their mouths with their own words and agendas. Each stinging performance leaves the recipient a little more bloodied, a little more degraded, a little more alone. It is the worst kind of abuse. It happens in families who aren't culties as well, but Scientology takes it to a whole n'other level.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, they say, but maybe they'd better watch out because one day the person bleeding on the ground will be as strong as a giant and crush them underfoot like dust. That is the Purple prophecy on the matter. As they sow, so shall they reap.

You will get your loved ones back because you have The Way. Nobody can win in the long term without that.

:love8::hug:

Love.

yes

they do

"Invalidate" is a Scn Speak word (as you used it) that I have used only once in over 3,900 Posts on ESMB. If you read this Post you will see how and in what context I used it (12th Paragraph)...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21698-Shooting-Stars&p=550625&viewfull=1#post550625

I don't hate anyone, including El Ron which I have stated before on this Board--despite your misrepresentation to the contrary.

Face:)[/QUOTE]

face get banned?!?!?

you are one very fine writer, thank you for these links and i'd love to have more links to other pieces

i do have a healthy artists' ego but i'm far from egocentric in my primary purposes. i've done very good things for many other people in the past forty years with the skills i've gained from auditor training and a big part of the magic and pleasure of this seat of the pants auditng is the absence of my own ego in the process; to be fully aware and intent only on the wellbeing of the person i'm working with

elron is a puzzle and an enigma and a paradox...

i had trepidations about him all along and felt relief the day i read his obituary. and yet he is the progenitor the subject of auditing. i cannot villify and condemn him myself and conscience requires that i speak to temper the words of those who do

please, face...

no...

i didn't say that you had called ron a good son. but you gave another (unlinked) account of the HRH visit which still seems to me evidence he was somewhere short of "an abject failure as a son"

and i think him something other than an abject failure as a father as well and in fact i don't think any of his children thought that of him, not even nibs who so openly spoke of his father's flaws

denounce me as "an egocentric game player" if you will. i speak from my own heart

but...

can i have some more links?

can you hook up to where you wrote of mary sue's interest in astrology?

and i wouldn't say i'm enlightened (and i sure as bloody blazing blistering HELL ain't above it all) but, yeah!!! fukkin' A muthuhfukkah!!! i luvvin y'all big time!!!

For goodness sake, can't you keep your derailing off threads like this? Go start a thread in Off Topic where you can rant to your heart's content. This is my rant on a very serious subject which apparently escaped your notice!

i'm not ranting

i'm just bringing cool breezes that are stoking the flames of the ranters

but since you wrote the OP i'm now bounced off the thread. i'd like to say a few more things and for speaking with face after you bounced me...

but...

okay...

it's your thread

i'm outa here

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
i'm not ranting

i'm just bringing cool breezes that are stoking the flames of the ranters

but since you wrote the OP i'm now bounced off the thread. i'd like to say a few more things and for speaking with face after you bounced me...

but...

okay...

it's your thread

i'm outa here

Take it elsewhere C/B!

I am done with anyone that defends Hubbard. The person who started this thread is a very dear friend of mine. I know the inside story to this situation. I know the squalid vile details and the cruelty which is coming DIRECTLY off Hubbard's words/concepts.

You have zero idea how utterly inappropriate your "contribution" to this thread is. The situation FTS is not able to openly discuss is vile and beyond comprehension. And is it supported/run by the works of L. Ron Hubbard (fuck you Hubbard, just fuck you!)

FTS has got enough going on right now without your pissing contest on this thread.

Take your contentious stuff elsewhere C/B! I am asking you to consider FTS in this matter. I am unable to go into details of what is happening with her family but I can assure you it is insane and cruel. FTS has been a long-term member of this message board and she posted this thread for sincere reasons. It is completely inappropriate that you bash around on her thread like this.

Again...take it elsewhere C/B!