What's new

Platinum Meritorious Award for 2.5 million donation?

What's do u think the things worth?

• Under 5k

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • 5-25k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-100k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100k+++

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Sindy

Crusader
It's worth nothing.

The only people it has any value to at all are the people to whom it was given (and who apparently had left it in a storage locker to be taken from them for non-payment of bill or something). So, even to them it looks like it has no value. If it had any intrinsic value at all, it would have been sold by them already to pay their looming debt.

I don't even think the parts are worth anything.

Here is the company who makes them but even if they told you how much they sell them to the cult for, it doesn't mean they're worth that material price.

http://www.saxtonindustrial.com/custom-awards/custom-trophies.html

It's only worth the amount someone would pay for it and that's nothing.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am tempted to vote $100k+++ but that would be nasty of me.

Still, I'm tempted...

:hysterical:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Yes, this poll reminds me a bit at the Barbara Schwarz Poll, asking whether we sleep with our psychiatrists and which drugs we take. Btw., that one, despite being a total prank, I've answered completely honestly. :biggrin:

Hint: I might not have done so here. So dear Ebay noob, you might NOT want to take the answers here for an all too serious financial advice.

I sincerely hope the first seller - who cleaned out the storage unit - ever gets his money. :unsure:

Leland

Crusader
The poll is incomplete, it is missing:

o under $ 50,--

So the first trophy has been sold for 1,352.98 to a zero feedback-bidder:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=131349240620&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

and has been relisted. good luck paying the multiple ebay-fees with a starting price of 5.000,--.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scientology...ultDomain_0&hash=item19f78dc74d#ht_454wt_1015

Hey, Uncover, did you keep track of the other auctions for the other awards also?

I agree...zero feedback, first time buyer/seller. Perhaps he thought he could make some money off of it.

it is news worthy IMO ...it does tell a story of a long fall down from the higher rungs for a monied clam.

Leland

Crusader
Ha Ha.....thought I'd do my own research.

One guy, bought all the trophies except one of them. Evidently he was new on Ebay....and hadn't bought or sold before.

He bought all except the plaque for $750k award....

Here is a screen shot of what he paid for them......He did drop some money.

One guy, bought all the trophies except one of them. Evidently he was new on Ebay....and hadn't bought or sold before.

The steel plate inscribed with HCOPL 17 Jan 1967 AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL CLEARS was the interesting item, not the trophies. It appears to be the type of plate that is stored in the underground storage facilities in order to preserve the tech in the event of a nuclear war.

Leland

Crusader
The steel plate inscribed with HCOPL 17 Jan 1967 AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL CLEARS was the interesting item, not the trophies. It appears to be the type of plate that is stored in the underground storage facilities in order to preserve the tech in the event of a nuclear war.

Too bad they all have to be scrapped....and re-engraved due to GAT I and now GAT II...:ohmy:

OH....didn't the Cult claim to have fixed all the errors....research all the notes.......checked "source"...... prior to making these plates in the first place....:confused2:

Too bad they all have to be scrapped....and re-engraved due to GAT I and now GAT II...:ohmy:

OH....didn't the Cult claim to have fixed all the errors....research all the notes.......checked "source"...... prior to making these plates in the first place....:confused2:

I hope they had them well indexed so they could replace just a few. I wonder how many they have within each vault, since we now know each one measures 15"x21" and I just calculated each weighs 1.78 lbs. Does anybody have a page count on red, green and blue volumes?

stanczyk

Patron

Seriously? Does he honestly think he'll make a profit on them? Scientology ... parting fools from their money every day of the week!

To be fair I wouldn't mind one as a souvenir of the ridiculous excesses of scientology but wouldn't dream of paying anything above $100 at most. I suspect much the same goes for other watchers of scientology.

At this stage the best chance of making ANY money back on those things might simply be to approach scientology directly and try and sell them back.

Leland

Crusader
Seriously? Does he honestly think he'll make a profit on them? Scientology ... parting fools from their money every day of the week!

To be fair I wouldn't mind one as a souvenir of the ridiculous excesses of scientology but wouldn't dream of paying anything above $100 at most. I suspect much the same goes for other watchers of scientology.

At this stage the best chance of making ANY money back on those things might simply be to approach scientology directly and try and sell them back.

I certainly would not like one in my house....for any reason.

But I do see a value in them as an Anti-Cult memorabilia of some sort.....

IMO they could be used as an anti cult tool someway....but don't know how...or anyone that would pay that much..

Evidently the Cult doesn't care.....that they are on the open market....which kind of surprises me. I am surprised they didn't buy them back at such a cheap price...

I suppose they think any public mention of Scientology is OK publicity....

stanczyk

Patron
Evidently the Cult doesn't care.....that they are on the open market....which kind of surprises me. I am surprised they didn't buy them back at such a cheap price...

I suppose they think any public mention of Scientology is OK publicity....

Or maybe they're simply so short of internet capable staff these days that they just didn't realise they had come up for sale.

Leland

Crusader
Or maybe they're simply so short of internet capable staff these days that they just didn't realise they had come up for sale.

I suppose that's possible.

If that were true....then it blows up the theory that OSA monitors this board....as it was talked about here....and other anti cult web sites....

(which is fine by me)