What's new

The Scientology religious "pass the pen" fundraising technique

Sindy

Crusader
yes, :thumbsup:

It's that's third paragraph that begins with "Well".

Here Hubbard tries to say saving money by the Captains of Industry didn't work for them and they didn't save money, but yet were is the proof these Captains of Industry did what Hubbard said?

None. LOL

The way to get ahead is to save money.

But yet scientology no allows one to save money, if one is a working stiff. And Unless of course you are already able (before scientology) to make money, why you are the class of making the "able more able".

And us working stiffs thought we could become more able? Laugher.

What rhetoric by Hubbard. LOL

1) Ramble, ramble, ramble
2) Imprint on titanium
3) Wait for collapse of universe
4) Read again when you come back
5) Remember not to allow yourself to forget, "lol" and "wtf" from before the universe collapsed
6) Use those liberally

Gib

Crusader
1) Ramble, ramble, ramble
2) Imprint on titanium
3) Wait for collapse of universe
4) Read again when you come back
5) Remember not to allow yourself to forget, "lol" and "wtf" from before the universe collapsed
6) Use those liberally

:confused2:

Sindy

Crusader
yes, :thumbsup:

It's that's third paragraph that begins with "Well".

Here Hubbard tries to say saving money by the Captains of Industry didn't work for them and they didn't save money, but yet were is the proof these Captains of Industry did what Hubbard said?

None. LOL

The way to get ahead is to save money.

But yet scientology no allows one to save money, if one is a working stiff. And Unless of course you are already able (before scientology) to make money, why you are the class of making the "able more able".

And us working stiffs thought we could become more able? Laugher.

What rhetoric by Hubbard. LOL

Actually, to be fair, that's not what the lecture was about. The lecture is entitled, "Opening: What Is To Be Done In Course" and you know how he would veer around circuitously. Really, we are all the ones, while in the cult, that didn't ask those questions or who gave way too much credence and authority to his random thoughts and ideas that were ever changing. Frankly, I speak for myself when I say that I never really went to verify what he said. I think I'll give myself a big FLUNK for that right now. :)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It's so bizarre that I actually had THE PDC lecture transcripts, on a bookshelf next to my desk. Weird. Okay, I call Fair Use on this one:

Holy hell!!!

Every single element of the above Hyperbolically Hypocritical Hubbardosis is dramatically contradicted by Hubbard's dogmatically enforced policies on finance, responsibility, ethics and other "this is a deadly serious game" admonitions.

If you violate one of Hubbard's policies you are guilty of a "High Crime".

Hubbard mocks people who "care desperately" about their hard earned money. He calls them losers. Yet, has anyone ever seen any of Hubbard's attack dog registrars, ethics officers or GO/OSA black ops goons who were not serious as hell and in total agreement with Hubbard.

Did Hubbard ever permit anyone to "act carelessly" (as he instructs) with Hubbard's own money or MEST? That was a "High Crime" too and would get someone declared, disconnected and fair gamed to destruction.

What insanity and evil to promise your victims prosperity if they will only recklessly throw their money around and not care what happens to it.

Funny how all that money being randomly tossed about somehow, coincidentally always ends up in the cult guru's bank account.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I once received a lovely commendation from the IAS which included: "You are in your heart a true pirate and bum as Ron describes in PDC tape #1".

I was so proud.:yes:

Eventually I got all my money back. I was even more proud of that.:thumbsup:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So Hubbard said, regarding the "captains of industry," that "they're a whole bunch of pirates and bums."

So someone decided that this means that it's good (= wanted button) for one (singular) to be "a pirate and bum." And that's the way it is. But I don't read it like that. Hubbard's saying in his offhand worthless remark that they (plural) are pirates and bums, i.e. the group includes pirates and also bums. One can talk about a group of men and women: it doesn't mean that each group member is simultaneously both a man and woman.

The words pirate and bum are not synonymous.

Paul
Grammar :nazi:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Re: Pirates & Bums

Question: Does it really matter what allegorical identities Hubbard used to illustrate his point?

OT
Let me pull up this LRH reference on my computer.
It states that the only beings who win
in this universe are Pirates & Bums.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Wow! That is so amazing! Life changing!

OT
Wait a second, I can see now that I misquoted
it. It actually states that the only beings who win
in this universe are clowns & balloon artists--
you know, those guys who twist balloons into
cool stuff like dachshunds

SCIENTOLOGIST
Wow! That is so amazing! Life changing!

OT
Hey, i was just screwing with you to see
what you would do. I'm kidding man!

SCIENTOLOGIST
So Ron didn't say that?

OT
No. LOL

SCIENTOLOGIST
No to all of it? Balloon guys,
Clowns, Pirates and Bums?

OT
No, he meant the part about Pirates & Bums.

OT
Wow! That is so amazing. Life changing!

Scientologists: You can say virtually anything to them and by stating (with unblinking certainty) that it's an "LRH reference", they will have huge life-changing wins.

Last edited: