What's new

Bits and pieces from Melbourne

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The following are clickable thumbnails. It is a 4 page promo fluff piece deigned for recruitment. On page 4 are success stories from 4 of the staff I worked with. One of them is the woman who snubbed me the other day.

The following is an FSM Newsletter from Melbourne Day

The following is another recruitment piece. A double sided card with the new Snr C/S, Emme Messina, on the back, and the new Ideal Org on the front.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bet they wished they had 480 people a night on their co-audits and 320 people full time in their Academy on HPA training.

As it was in my day - 1962 -

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Bet they wished they had 480 people a night on their co-audits and 320 people full time in their Academy on HPA training.

Yeah I agree. And having experienced what "Saint Hill size" actually looked like in 1968 it makes me laugh:yes: to see what it is considered to be now.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious

Hey Methuselah, I'd just like to indicate that this did make a huge difference to the theta in Melbourne. As a 9yo kid I recall well leaving Croydon one Saturday afternoon ON FOOT and getting as far as Ringwood before I finally realized that whatever the effect was that was happening here, it was coming from too far away for me to get there easily. So I turned around and walked home again.

Pity about the Anderson Enquiry and the Psychological Practices Act though. In fact just this afternoon I was reading the 1965 transcripts of various MPs - including Galbally - discussing how it was going to affect footy coaches and all sorts of other people inadvertently. And the end result? It was all replaced by the Psychologists Registration Act 1987 (and later by the 2000 version), which only regulates anyone calling themselves a psychologist. That's their motivator, they can have it!

haiqu

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Methuselah, I'd just like to indicate that this did make a huge difference to the theta in Melbourne. As a 9yo kid I recall well leaving Croydon one Saturday afternoon ON FOOT and getting as far as Ringwood before I finally realized that whatever the effect was that was happening here, it was coming from too far away for me to get there easily. So I turned around and walked home again.

haiqu

:) :) :)

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow, 480 people per night. I don't think Melbourne gets this many in a year. Maybe they got that many completions last year, but only if the same people were doing more than one course. But not 480 individual completions. Some days on the co-audit my twin and I were the only ones. Maybe 5 at the most. And this is a cont bithday game winner for last couple of years.

And it's gotten worse since the Basics. There was an initial upsurge, where they drained a lot of money out of the existing public. Lasted maybe a month, or two. Different scene now, though. Sometimes you can even see the tumbleweeds drifting by, LOL.

I wonder if they still need that $7 million building?

:tumbleweed:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Ummm - re the first post, page 4 - has Glenda left her husband or vice versa? I note she is using her maiden name again, not her married name.