What's new

At the suggestion of Tom Cruise, Scientology tapped the phones of Nicole Kidman

Free Being Me

Crusader
According to The PlayList at Indiewire in the wake of Alex Gibney's Going Clear documentary Paramount Pictures has decided to move up Tom "Wiretap My Wife" Cruz's Mission Impossible 5 from this Christmas to this summer.

Apparently Paramount is seeing the writing on the wall trying to get the film out sooner cutting their losses. But it's too late. :biggrin:

Paramount Moves Up 'Mission: Impossible 5' To This July
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paramount-moves-up-mission-impossible-5-to-this-july-20150126

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical;

It really is a TSUNAMI!

I can't stop friggin' laughing!!

PARAMOUNT STUDIOS seeing Tom Cruise's career going down quickly?!?! Hopes to get the movie out quicker before the whole world hates him?!?!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

For Godsake, it's been barely more than a day since the Going Clear documentary showed at Sundance and already THIS?!?!

I mean - PARAMOUNT?!

I hope they ditch Cruise completely after this. The fraudulent, reckless libelous statements against well-known, respected folks in Hollywood in reaction to the Going Clear documentary is enough on its own for every one of these studios to knock him down on his arse.

Who knows what blackmail, extortion or other measures were taken for Cruise to get and stay where he's been sitting as a superstar. How many other people in Hollywood have been screwed over by Cruise and Scientology? Heaps. Just heaps.

Bye bye Tom Cruise. You get B-rate movies shown by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark from now on so we can all poke fun at you.

[video=youtube;fPbT4bqfgcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPbT4bqfgcg[/video]

The jerk deserves to be dumped like the plague he's been to Hollywood.

JustSheila

Crusader
Imagine Elvira introducing Tom Cruise:

"Eeeeew! Wasn't he that creepy guy who was in that creepy religion that locked a bunch of people up to take over the world?"

"Oh yeh! The couch jumper! That's right!"

Hollywood made Tom Cruise. Hollywood can cut him off just that easily.

It's been done before. Remember Rachel Welch?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to The PlayList at Indiewire in the wake of Alex Gibney's Going Clear documentary Paramount Pictures has decided to move up Tom "Wiretap My Wife" Cruz's Mission Impossible 5 from this Christmas to this summer.

Apparently Paramount is seeing the writing on the wall trying to get the film out sooner cutting their loses. But it's too late. :biggrin:

Paramount Moves Up 'Mission: Impossible 5' To This July
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paramount-moves-up-mission-impossible-5-to-this-july-20150126

Don't be surprised if a July release turns into an August-September release. My guess is they are considering whether to dump the film.

I imagine his role as a spy is going to have less appeal from now on.

Fuck you Tom Cruise and fuck what's left of your career, you slaver.

Free Being Me

Crusader

It really is a TSUNAMI!

PARAMOUNT STUDIOS seeing Tom Cruise's career going down quickly?!?! Hopes to get the movie out quicker before the whole world hates him?!?!

For Godsake, it's been barely more than a day since the Going Clear documentary showed at Sundance and already THIS?!?!

I mean - PARAMOUNT?!

I hope they ditch Cruise completely after this. The fraudulent, reckless libelous statements against well-known, respected folks in Hollywood in reaction to the Going Clear documentary is enough on its own for every one of these studios to knock him down on his arse.

Who knows what blackmail, extortion or other measures were taken for Cruise to get and stay where he's been sitting as a superstar. How many other people in Hollywood have been screwed over by Cruise and Scientology? Heaps. Just heaps.

Bye bye Tom Cruise. You get B-rate movies shown by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark from now on so we can all poke fun at you.

That article I linked is posted today. One day after the opening screening of Going Clear at Sundance. One day! And the docu hasn't even been released on HBO yet.

:roflmao::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::roflmao:

This docu is already hurting Tom "Cult Slavery Enabler" Cruz's career. That fast! People are already distancing themselves from $cientology due to this docu and this is only the beginning of the fallout. Cruz wont be the only "celebrity" $cio being scrutinized and hordes of people will be looking at the cult with informed disgust.

tumblr_static_26kzd2x19z8k84gs4kwwsgcos_640_v2.jpg

BOOM

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
She probably thought it would be a good thing.

Yeah, I was having the same thought. What others are telling here about her (relative) "disaffection" at that time, sounds plausible. And no matter whether that was some OSA scheme or not, it makes her a Scientologist in a less than ideal standing. She might nonetheless have disseminated Scientology to him, even when she increasingly was fed up with the Cherch but more or less an "Indie". He gets interested... I can't say from memory since when Co$ had hard plans to get Tom into Scientology, and whether that was before or after he married Mimi. Then, when Co$, aka Dave, had decided that he was "on the hook", they would have had a plausible motive that he gets rid of this wife, even though she's a Scientologist, but one not in all too good standing, and (seemlingly) increasingly losing interest in Scientology. That's no good home position (lol) for quickly getting him deeper into Scientology. From a detective's perspective, it makes sense... kinda. :)
Also, what if that hullabaloo about her (impending) "disaffection" was really just Co$/OSA putting her under pressure to do all to get Tom into Co$...?
And then, when she has done all she can, when he is on the hook, they nonetheless decided to "remove" her from him.
Beware, I don't have the exact chronology in mind, sorry if I got some of it wrong and the depicted links are "impossible" simply because of that reason ... not to speak of all else that could be wrong with these theories.

It is funny, I'm never interested in celebrity gossip ... except when Co$ is involved. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Whenever a very young Scientologist child achieved an OT level or training level it was given sacred reverence by the adult cult members. Typically unspoken (but undeniable) was their belief that this tiny body was inhabited by a huge, wholetrack theta being that had come into this incarnation with supernatural awareness and powers.

It was holy.

It proved that Scientology was real.

In fact there was a wide strata of Scientology that was generally invisible to all but those who participated in it. Example: The unwavering belief that upper OTs running out their aliens ("BTs") had shifted the earth's theta to entheta ration--and thus the Berlin wall came down.

It's insane stuff. So outrageous in its delusional extremes that a non-scientologist (even otherwise hard hitting reporters & journalists) would simply not believe such stories. Or perhaps, shuffle such reports off to a file marked "Anomalies that might or might not have happened one time".

The real world inside Scientology is far more insane, hallucinogenic and dangerous than anyone outside of that cult ever realizes.

I can recall many times adult Scientologists fawning and tripping all over their own gushing admiration upon meeting a 12 year old that just attested to OT III or a 14 year old on the "Class VIII" course.

SCIENTOLOGISTS: They want to believe in OT fairy tales so very badly they are willing to do virtually anything--including destroy other's lives if they pose any threat at all to the cult's shared mass-delusions.

Reverently hushed voice: "S/he's a very old Thetan..."
It's supposed to make u cum in yur GPM>

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega wrote:

As you’ve probably noticed, the world’s press has seized on a segment of the film that takes only a minute or two in the two-hour feature documentary: Marty Rathbun’s explosive wiretapping allegations. Rathbun says that it was his job to drive a wedge between Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, and that when Cruise said in a counseling session that he wanted to have Nicole’s phone tapped to find out who she was talking to, Scientology leader David Miscavige instructed Rathbun to make it happen.

Rathbun doesn’t say in the film who he then hired to carry out the wiretap, but we know that private investigator Anthony Pellicano is currently in prison in part because he was convicted of wiretapping, and among the things that were found on his computer by police in 2001 was an illegally recorded phone call between Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

Well, now we have some idea who may have hired Pellicano for that particular job.
Does Rathbun apologize to Nicole in the film?

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/27/wh...aring-the-crap-out-of-scientology/#more-19756

It really is a TSUNAMI!

I mean - PARAMOUNT?!

^^^^^^^^^^
WOT SHE SAID

Lone Star

Crusader
Tony Ortega wrote:

Does Rathbun apologize to Nicole in the film?

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/27/wh...aring-the-crap-out-of-scientology/#more-19756

Does Nicole want or even need Rathbun to apologize? I doubt it. She'd probably like an apology from both DM and Tom, if from anyone. I'm sure she's not expecting it from either though.

I think that seeing the blowback from this film is just tickling her pink. :biggrin:

To me that is a lot more therapeutic and satisfying than an apology. :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Has he provided a sworn affidavit detailing what was done and who did it?

Not necessary.

When he started to confront his O/Ws, after just a few seconds he blew the entire area by inspection and F/Ned.

Trying to do anything more would have been an overrun--and he could have gotten himself into case trouble.

Lone Star

Crusader
Poor, poor Paramount Studios. Even releasing Tom's movie this summer will be too late. Much, much too late. LOL...

Already women from around the world are lining up at bars and pubs to throw darts at pictures of Tom. They still remember his attack on Brooke Shields, his creepy and culty way of getting Katie Holmes into his lair, and now this.....being an active participant in having Nicole wiretapped.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
There are US Federal Laws...and State Laws against wiretapping.

It is against the law and a criminal act.

but what is the statute of limitations for such a crime? That was over 13 years ago. Cruise already successfully had an illegal wiretap case throw out in 2013 from that same time period because the statute of limitations for such a case had already passed.

Lone Star

Crusader
but what is the statute of limitations for such a crime? That was over 13 years ago. Cruise already successfully had an illegal wiretap case throw out in 2013 from that same time period because the statute of limitations for such a case had already passed.

Yes Mick you are correct. This wiretapping incident is not actionable anymore. The statute of limitations is seven years, I believe.

If anything maybe some law enforcement will put this under their hat and remember it when looking into DM in the future. They may be more inclined to find out if any wiretapping is going on right now.

Or not. Either way, it is the PR disaster that is most important from this allegation.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I remember when it was highly touted that any attack on the church swelled the membership big time.

How can this church that has the greatest gift to mankind & is here to salvage this sector of the universe do anything but welcome criticism with openness ?

The top eccelastical leaders have got to be loving all this publicity !

Last edited: