1/26/15: Dana Oberhansly v. Narconon (re Scientology rehab)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
1/26/15: Dana Oberhansly v. Narconon (re Scientology rehab).

Tony Ortega: http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/17/on...garcias-fire-back-at-scientologys-bench-memo/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Attorney David Miller files a fourth lawsuit against Narconon

Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton has filed 27 lawsuits against Scientology’s drug rehab network, Narconon. Michigan attorney Jeff Ray recently filed two new suits. And now Indiana attorney David E. Miller has filed his fourth lawsuit against the embattled rehabs. (Here’s our previous story about the previous three suits he filed.)

The new lawsuit was filed by Miller on behalf of Dana Oberhansly of Arizona, who contacted Narconon Freedom Center in Albion, Michigan in April 2013. She spoke with an intake counselor, who convinced her that she “would be going to a nice rehabilitation facility that would be worth her time and money.”

Her withdrawal would be monitored by health professionals, a sauna program would “detox” her by sweating out toxins from her body. And the Narconon program would remove her drug cravings through a program with a proven 82 percent success rate.

She wasn’t told anything about a connection to Scientology, when in fact that’s all Narconon actually is. And in a recent court filing, Narconon even admitted that it’s a “faith-based” program, in contrast to what its websites say.

Upon arrival, she realized that she’d been lied to about the state of the facility, which was run down, and there were no medical professionals to watch over her difficult seven-day withdrawal.

In fact, the staff was made up of former patients, some of whom had to be “quarantined” because they relapsed.

There was also a water line break, which led to a health inspection, a sewer backed up in the women’s shower area, and bed bugs were rampant, says the complaint…

By having patients ingest extreme doses of Niacin and other vitamins while sitting in extreme temperatures for hours, the sauna program unnecessarily exposes patients to serious health risks including severe dehydration. Upon completing the Narconon Program, Plaintiff had a very difficult time adjusting to a normal life after her experience at NFC. She began to drink again and abuse the same drugs she had while at NFC. Plaintiff attempted to apply the Narconon Program to her life and found that this only expedited her return to abusing drugs at a higher frequency than she had prior to attending NFC.

Take a look at the full complaint.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

https://www.scribd.com/doc/25597656...omplaint?secret_password=EAu5e8mfkAE9tvmFK8Ga

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I get the distinct feeling that the stat for the number of new lawsuits filed against Narconon this year is going to be straight up and vertical! :thumbsup:

And maybe even the stat for the number of attorneys filing lawsuits against Narconon as well. :coolwink:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Kudos to attorney David E Miller for taking on yet another Narconon case!! Helping these people get justice is a wonderful thing. It takes an educated, intelligent and dedicated attorney to tackle these Narconon entities and David is all that and more. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I get the distinct feeling that the stat for the number of new lawsuits filed against Narconon this year is going to be straight up and vertical! :thumbsup:

And maybe even the stat for the number of attorneys filing lawsuits against Narconon as well. :coolwink:

Sorry, my reactive mind compels me to remind you that. . .

All these lawsuits and attacks vs. Narconnon are glorious proof that Narconnon is flourishing and prospering like never before.

By this reasoning, Scientology should cancel the PTS/SP tech and just award upstat medals to anyone being attacked.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
<snip>

All these lawsuits and attacks vs. Narconnon are glorious proof that Narconnon is flourishing and prospering like never before.

<snip>

That said, may NarCONnon continue on it's glorious path like never before !

Got to love the hits just keep coming & coming & coming - and it'll all only increase until that little piss ant cult is crushed forever.

Want a short line ? Ask who'll miss the machinations ( & existence ) of that cult.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
similar to hers (and others) claims of it being a filthy facility, this was on reddit several days ago. mentions two deaths. sorry cant get url to work, confound it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/2vm7f0/i_grew_up_in_a_world_of_scientology_ama/

[–]AlienCultKid[S] 10 points 2 days ago
It's not a problem! It was indeed a Narconon. I stayed for the full program, which took me five months, some people it takes longer.
I did not really have a choice. I got arrested and was offered an ultimatum, state mental facility or Narconon. In order to help myself and my case in court, I chose the rehab, I figured I had a better chance of handling myself there than in a state facility program I know nothing about.
While it looked beautiful in the photos, the facility was awful, there was mold in the vents, poor dietary conditions, and a lot of issue with staff assisting the 'students' with sneaking drugs in. There were at least two deaths while I was there.