What's new

10/25/14 - 10/26/14: Scientology IAS Anniversary Event in Los Angeles on LRH Way!

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
They are able to be so very very OT ever since they discovered that their bodies can operate just fine on 2 hours sleep!

Yes... sad. It really is a cult of torture.

[hardly comprehensive and requiring an alien dictionary]

Have you already written a book? I'll have it and probably buy five more to give them away.

If not... maybe you should do one. This is just one idea, and it would save time: you could make great use of many of your actual postings, changing it just a bit, each with an initial short explanation about what this is about, and making it all like a Scientology Inc.'s reaction to bad news, suppressing lies, etc., and a guide to "react properly". (Thus, all a bit like OTVIIIIsGRRR8's approach but not with the same structure.)

And it should have a section being a long bullshit glossary, probably longer than the rest!

However, if there is similar stuff out there (I've read/watched much anti-clam-fun, but now I mean something of this specific type), I would like to read it, links are very welcome... Clambake has a glossary which has been "messed up" a bit... Sadly, with all the spaced-out explanations/comments being perfectly true.

Seriously, I think that comedy is a very effective method to draw people in ... to evaluating and critisizing Scientology.

Let's consider the following. There always are some people who stumble over a site more or less coincidentally, off-topic to their actual search or interest, and then there's the question whether they start to dig, or just leave. It is the same for actual Scientologists. Some critical people then might (initially) be averse to read long incomprehensible and really vile and repulsive Hubbard texts for understanding it all, or to listen to long vids, but I guess whoever lurker/newbie (me inclusive, but I already had some knowledge) reads HelluvaHoax's and other's posts, gets curious and starts investigating what the nearly incomprehensible but FUNNY bullshit ought to mean - of which they already suspect or know, that alike formulations would be totally serious to Scientologists. It really produces a GREAT (or Grrr8) "WTF" effect. :eyeroll:

For Lucifer's sake, keep on the soul music... :biggrin:

I have come across the concept of 'uncreating time' possibly in the Steve Fishman tapes. Maybe that's what they are doing.

I don't want to screw up the fun here... But what ought to mean this phrase? For them. Mean, seriously. :eyeroll:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
'

Breaking news . . . a special correspondent has just confirmed the venue for next years's 31st IAS gala event.

Red_telephone_box,_St_Paul%27s_Cathedral,_London,_England,_GB,_IMG_5182_edit.jpg

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember the IAS event always being held in the Great Hall at Saint Hill castle. Now it seems that it is regularly held in that giant tent.

Can someone fill me in as to why they switched to a tent? Seems to me to be a downgrade but obviously in Miscavige-speak it will be an upgrade.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
I don't want to screw up the fun here... But what ought to mean this phrase? For them. Mean, seriously. :eyeroll:

You've lost me, Eldritch. I was merely pointing out that Steve Fishman talks about uncreating time in the famous interview. If I am not understanding something then tell me!

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
I remember the IAS event always being held in the Great Hall at Saint Hill castle. Now it seems that it is regularly held in that giant tent.

Can someone fill me in as to why they switched to a tent? Seems to me to be a downgrade but obviously in Miscavige-speak it will be an upgrade.

That is one big MF of a tent.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Is that the spaceship of Dr. WHo? If so, that small size means just nothing because it's mucho larger from inside..........................

Like Scn. Inc......................

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
[highlight]Is that the spaceship of Dr. Who[/highlight]? If so, that small size means just nothing because it's mucho larger from inside..........................

Like Scn. Inc......................

Nope. This is the spaceship of Dr. Who. (So I'm told.)

images

The red object is a public telephone booth where you can savour the aroma of stale urine and pick up the business cards of the local hookers. (So I'm told.)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The red object is a public telephone booth where you can savour the aroma of stale urine and pick up the business cards of the local hookers. (So I'm told.)

Yeah. I haven't been inside one since 2006/7 but definitely yes on the stale urine. I didn't pursue any of the promotional phone numbers.

Paul

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

You've lost me, Eldritch. I was merely pointing out that Steve Fishman talks about uncreating time in the famous interview. If I am not understanding something then tell me!

I meant what "uncreating time" might mean, to Scientologists. I assumed he was using a Scientology term (as a critic) and I don't know what it ought to mean. :confused2: Or is it a normal english metaphor?!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I suspect they will repeat what they've done in the past... 2 large tents will be erected in the LA Org parking lot
Most recently Auditor's Day was held on LRH Way, and they didn't even both with tents. It wasn't even held in the parking lot. Seats were placed on the LRH Way side of the building (not on the street; on COS property) near the Cafe (formerly the Canteen).

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors

Is it going to be in a big tent? Or just outdoors?

I had the impression that IAS events were a bit more secretive than some other events and that prying eyes and ears are less welcome at IAS events. Is that true?

If it is they must be really messing things up to be having it outdoors. I know they have tall temporary tall fence boards they put up sometimes, but as I said, I didn't think they'd like to be outside, particularly if it's IAS.

??
This is the video of the live event at Saint Hill a week earlier. But you are right, the security will be tight for the 500 staff and 50 public !!
The people who live across the street must hate it !

Gib

Crusader

You need a http://www.google.com/search?q=circ...IQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=773#tbm=isch&q=circus+tent

to show http://www.google.com/search?q=circ...IQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=773#tbm=isch&q=circus+acts

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Look forward to MASSIVE Scientology social betterment campaign news!

Look forward to MASSIVE Scientology social betterment campaign news!

Courtesy of Mike Rinder, another vitally important update from Tashania, Event Director PAC!

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-9/
To:
Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 08:39:44 -0700
Subject: IAS Part I & Part II Briefing

I wanted to relay some briefing on the upcoming IAS 30th Anniversary Event Weekend. Two purposes: first so that you have the data, and also you can give the data to those you are in comm with. We just found out that this year’s IAS Event is HUGE! And I want to make sure EVERYONE knows about it!

Chairman of the Board RTC will be briefing on the next monumental advance towards an OT Civilization that will turn everyone’s world upside down! We are being told that this is an earth-shaking announcement, on the order of Golden Age of Tech Phase II – but for our social betterment campaigns!

The event is in TWO PARTS.

Part I is the COB RTC briefing, Freedom Medal Winner awards, and release of new expansion plans that will set the course into our future.

Part II is a VITAL part of the weekend. This is the tactical details about those campaigns, laid out by Int Management executives who are intimately involved in those campaigns. These are the tools you will need to create an impact in your area using the IAS-sponsored campaigns. You also get a close-up look at exactly what makes these campaigns so effective and why they get results. You will gain the certainty you need to get these campaigns executed and rolling in your own zone. This will be held in your own org, starting at 3PM (PAC, CC Int, Pasa, Vly, Ingle).

We’re being told to ensure ALL Scientologists attend BOTH, due to the monumental importance of what is being announced and released by COB.

That’s the data. I appreciate your help in forwarding this message on your own lines!

ML, Tashania Faust
Event Director PAC

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
A "friendly WTF" button, to comment quoted/reported, hmm, clammifications, and not the deliverer of the message, is definitely needed here... :coolwink::unsure:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't go to any event organized by David Miscavige in which available chairs might be limited.

You just never know with that asshole.

:hysterical:

You mean all remaining Scientologists worldwide are gathered together for a gargantuan game of Musical Chairs and Queen's Greatest Hits is played?

Or do I have an MU and you meant Musical Chairs is played with Scientology's remaining celebrities and Greatest Queens?

Tom-Cruise-and-John-Travolt.jpg

Queens Greatest Hits, I didn't make it up, I tell ya! LOL.

Still don't believe a cult could be that insane? Check out "The Hole" on wiki (see subsection: "Origins of the Hole").​

(Yeah, okay, I know I am going to lose my eternity for posting that, so what? LOL)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah. I haven't been inside one since 2006/7 but definitely yes on the stale urine. I didn't pursue any of the promotional phone numbers.

Paul

Those phone numbers could literally BOOM the stats of New Names To Central Files.

At least, it would boom the sub-stat of Telephone Contacts Made--because those might be the only remaining people on this planet who don't know better yet and pick up when the org calls.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Most recently Auditor's Day was held on LRH Way, and they didn't even both with tents. It wasn't even held in the parking lot. Seats were placed on the LRH Way side of the building (not on the street; on COS property) near the Cafe (formerly the Canteen).

There was two events I can think of where they erected tents in the parking lot before they moved to the Shrine. One was iin 2012 (because I tangled with Buddy Richardson) & the other in 2010.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...Looks-Like-NAO&p=406289&viewfull=1#post406289

Being that the upcoming event is a 2-day event, I suspect they may put tents up for the purposes of crowd control :)