What's new

12th February 2011 Protest in London.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
On arriving at Charring Cross station I was diverted to the noise going on in Trafalga Sqare where there was an amazing protest going on, with the downfall of Mubarack's resignation of thirty years of totalitarean rule in Egypt. It was an amazing sight to behold. Trafalga Sqare was filled with protesters and had a support system of Amnesty International. A large stage with people playing drums and chanting, up above was a large telivision screen showing what was going on below.

This was a country that was in serious need of reform and hopefully in the light of recent protests, they will get just that.

I moved on to my destination, Tottenham Court Road, where approximately 25 anons and exes were demonstrating against abuse in Scientology, the philosophy that likes to pretend to be a church and would have you believe that they are saving mankind and the world.

The "church" in TCR was barren and desolate, and on that score alone I was happy, but that does not reflect what goes on behind closed doors, unfortunately many of those closed doors are hidden from view.

I managed to shift a huge wad of fliers, mainly to foreigners. Many english people were fully awre of the goings on in scientology and told me "keep your fliers for those uninformed, and thankyou, for what you do". This was a great triumph for ALL the people that have spent so much time and energy protesting this "church" of falsehoods and lies.

It was great to catch up with many of my anonymous friends and exes in a show of solidarity against the abuse and treachury committed against scientologists and anons alike.

I would like to Thank ZeroC for his committment to parading the van around the London streets with GOOGLE LISA MCPHERSON on his huge billboard, that told people to go to WWW.Xenu.net. ThankYOU, it was a great acknowledgement of Lisa's life.

Another person who was talked about much today and speculated upon was Sponge of OCMB, what would we do without them and their devotion to getting the press releases out there.

A couple of funny incidents happened:

I saw a woman in the Dianetics Center I had not seen before and was curious to say the least, so I popped over the road to take a closer look. The place appeared to be deserted, so I went in, trying to see behind the cavalcade of Dianetics books and low and behold hiding behind them was Stephania. She told me I was not allowed to be there. I said I had come for a chat. Chatting with OSA is not allowed, apparently. She motioned to my hand and said have you got promo, and could she have some. Obligingly I gave her a leaflet.She then told me I had to leave now.Needless to say I obliged.

Whilst chatting to another ex scientologist on the curb opposite the Dianetics Center, we were amazed to see a cyclist go by bearing a striking resemblance to John Sweeney, who actually waved. He cycled by very quickly and we were left wondering whether it was our imagination. It sure looked like him.

The good old British weather held out for us, and though rather chilly towards the end of the protest it was a good day and a lot of fun.

Thank you to everyone for making it such a good day.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the report, Sharone. :thumbsup:

Doin' it right in London - even the weather is helping out. :D

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Sharone:

Very nice report, I am still waiting for the one from Hollywood...in the meantime, here is a picture of the sign in London.

180056_178910302153457_100001034664846_492588_7066712_n.jpg

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
On arriving at Charring Cross station I was diverted to the noise going on in Trafalga Sqare where there was an amazing protest going on, with the downfall of Mubarack's resignation of thirty years of totalitarean rule in Egypt. . . . <snip for brevity> . . . Thank you to everyone for making it such a good day.

You rock. Thanks Sharone.