What's new

16 suspected Anonymous arrested

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
My best guess would be it's just a bunch of skiddies that LOIC'ed the paypal, visa etc. sites w/o wearing a proxy condome in operation #payback. Which just proves to show that DDoSing sites is as silly and ineffective as it gets.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Only thing is you figure being hackers that they would have something to block ways of being tracked.

Exactly. And well, Anonymous is not mainly about hacking anyway. There is a good portion of very computer savy persons on board but overall Anonymous is about social engineering (aka trolling :biggrin:)

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
I love how it talks about the Anonymous "group".

What group is that exactly?

Anybody who goes on the internet without identifying themselves is "Anonymous".

Heck Will Smith's attorney basically accused me of not only being a "member" of Anonymous but probably its leader. "Member"? lol There is no group of which to be a member. "Leader" lol again. Again there is no group to lead.

No one can speak for "Anonymous" any more than anyone can speak for "the public at large".

I have known many, including many ex scientologists, to don the mask, find their voices and speak out against scientology abuses. That they do this anonymously is their right and at times the only way to escape fair game. I am proud to in any way be associated with them.

They are just as much "Anonymous" as anyone who does not identify herself/himself.

I told Will Smith's attorney that since his email does not properly identify himself and mine does, it is he who is a "member" of Anonymous and not me (a cyber hate group as he seems to feel). He didn't like that.

Any people not identifying themselves can say they are Anonymous. To say that the incredibly tiny amount of people who do things covered in that article are part of the Anonymous "group" betrays a complete ignorance of the kind that organized scientology tries to foster with their meaningless lies, misdirections and other "half truths".

Even some scientologists who are ex "corporate scientologists" speak of Anonymous being like Miscavige or Miscavige being like Anonymous or some such other nonsense. Are they talking about the attorneys I know that post anonymously, the business people, the teachers, the government people, the writers, the religious leaders, the students, who? I can think of people in all those categories who both post on and read on the "Anonymous forum" WWP.

Are they talking about that incredible bunch of wonderful people who came out to point out and protest the horrible abuses and lies of organized scientology and scientology in early 2008? Or the ones who help take up the fight after that? Or perhaps the countless other people operating behind the scenes to do something effective to get the truth out about scientology concerning things of which most of us have not yet even heard?

Answer, they have no idea.

IMO this is just a total confusion of the kind promoted by organized scientology as it tries to direct attention towards imagined evil people so as to divert attention away from their own crimes, abuses and lies.

Anyway, whatever, my views on Anonymous.

And, PS:

I <3 Anonymous

I adore how so much truth is getting out around the world while the normal legal, PR, Intel and other resources of organized scientology are completely and utterly powerless to stop it from occurring. Scientology might be able to sue and harass even the IRS into compliance with their wishes but they can't stop the truth when it comes from uncontrolled, uncoordinated, beautiful Anonymous hearts around the world.

Stopping Anonymous for scientology is like trying to stop an idea, free, independent thought or the oncoming of Karma.

IMO that ain't gonna happen.

Why do I capitalize "Anonymous" and not "scientology". I am proud to even be associated in my own small way with Anonymous. I am ashamed of scientology.

FWIW

Larry Brennan

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am apparently and according to the cult a cyber terrorist just because I had a photograph taken with some Anon peeps at a protest, hell I had to ask my wife the other day "why is the computer eating my words as I type?"

She fixed it so it wouldn't do it anymore, even now I don't know how she did it...:duh:

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Heck Will Smith's attorney basically accused me of not only being a "member" of Anonymous but probably its leader.

B..b..but it's WILL SMITH'S attorney. He MUST be right. I mean, you don't get to be the attorney of WILL SMITH if you are a just an average law-school absolvent with subpar intelligence. WILL SMITH wouldn't have that. Just look at how clever WILL SMITH is in the movies.

Admit it already. You are the leader and used Tommy Davis as a cover :biggrin:

namaste

Well, that's what they get for daring to stand up for freedom and help expose crimes within the United States government.

They might have known that there would be repercussion when when it involved financial institutions.

namaste

http://pastebin.com/RA15ix7S

-------------------------------------------------

Hello thar FBI and international law authorities,

We recently stumbled across the following article with amazement and a certain amount of amusement:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/20/138555799/fbi-arrests-alleged-anonymous-hackers

The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this
article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are
happy to provide you with a response.

You state:

"We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable,
[even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely
unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and
your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell
you what WE find unacceptable:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep
them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.

* Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking
advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for
federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.

* Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits
higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around
the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough
so the status quo will never change.

These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to
fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly
includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies.

We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to
us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your
citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our
mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you
can possibly to do make us stop.

"The Internet has become so important to so many people that we have to
ensure that the World Wide Web does not become the Wild Wild West."

Let me ask you, good sir, when was the Internet not the Wild Wild West? Do
you really believe you were in control of it at any point? You were not.

That does not mean that everyone behaves like an outlaw. You see, most
people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to. We become bandits
on the Internet because you have forced our hand. The Anonymous bitchslap rings
through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back - and we're
not going anywhere. Expect us.