What's new

161 Calls from Scn Base to 911 Clearwater go Uninvestigated: Security Says NO

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
rather than hijack the thread about the survey, can we talk about this seperately?

from the article:

"According to Lucy Morgan in December 7, 1997: “Clearwater police are suspicious about the number of 911 calls that come from rooms at the Fort Harrison Hotel. Police responded to each call only to be told most of the time by Scientology security guards that the call was a mistake. Police are not allowed to check individual rooms where the calls originated. In the past 11 months, 161 calls to 911 were made from rooms in the hotel, but each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency.”"

whaaat?!!! in the past 11 months...161 calls for help!!! ticked me off. dont see how or why investigating publically paid and dutied police officers can give up their ?duty? because the goon at the door says, "no.".

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
rather than hijack the thread about the survey, can we talk about this seperately?

from the article:

"According to Lucy Morgan in December 7, 1997: “Clearwater police are suspicious about the number of 911 calls that come from rooms at the Fort Harrison Hotel. Police responded to each call only to be told most of the time by Scientology security guards that the call was a mistake. Police are not allowed to check individual rooms where the calls originated. In the past 11 months, 161 calls to 911 were made from rooms in the hotel, but each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency.”"

whaaat?!!! in the past 11 months...161 calls for help!!! ticked me off. dont see how or why investigating publically paid and dutied police officers can give up their ?duty? because the goon at the door says, "no.".

WOW. THAT IS LITERALLY AMAZING.
I can only imagine WTF.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
i wonder what the 2014 number of 911 calls was. thats outrageous.

as leland pointed out in the other thread, the 161 calls is 1997 data.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
i wonder what the 2014 number of 911 calls was. thats outrageous.

as leland pointed out in the other thread, the 161 calls is 1997 data.
Oh ok. I didn't see that.
Yeah, I am curious about 2014 also.
I wonder if there were ever 161 people there to pick up a phone, haha.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

from the article:

It's shocking that the police didn't follow up 911 calls, as I thought there was a duty of care to speak to the caller, as often victims of abuse call the police or 911 for help, but can't explain the reasons on the phone as the abuser is in the vicinity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/31/domestic-violence-victim-prank-call_n_6081138.html

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

from the article:

I was under the understanding that calls on the inhouse phone systems to 911 goto Flag Security office.
This came up in the Lisa McPherson case, which is now sealed..

Veda

Sponsor
It's reasonable to assume that, on all large Scientology properties, there are some being held in illegal imprisonment, and some in other forms of distress who need outside help and are prevented from getting it. Usually, these instances are not known until after the person escapes, or otherwise leaves, Scientology.

According to the law, 911 calls in the state of Florida are treated as public records, with the proviso that "personally identifying information" is removed. So, hypothetically at least, the audio recordings of these calls - with a small amount of information deleted - should be available.

For those who haven't seen it, this video was made about Scientology and the Clearwater police almost 15 years ago:

[video=youtube;XW8eTe_Ank8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8[/video]

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I was under the understanding that calls on the inhouse phone systems to 911 goto Flag Security office.
This came up in the Lisa McPherson case, which is now sealed..

Not clear about the FOI criteria, but would this be available? It doesn't make sense that the CW police say they were concerned about the 911 calls, but that apparently 911 calls go directly to Flag Security, which is conflicting information.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Snippedi-snip, just copying all posts on that theme from the other thread here. The theme bugs me. :p

Statement from 1997....but still....I agree....WTF is that all about.

If I called 911.....I'd certainly expect the police to show up....and check on me....and not take someone else's word about the problem...

Yes, that reeks of corruption. To me this sounds very much like the police there is/was paid... or corrupted in a different way. Maybe their boss is/was telling them to leave Scientology alone because it's not "worth the trouble": 1) getting sued and harassed and all that (and being investigated by P.I.s about other cases of corruption...!), and 2) "brainwashed culties" changing their minds a while after the incident and sufficient "handling" by Co$...! We know I'm no friend of the outrageous/insidious explanation... but that's how it looks in case of the Clearwater police - bad. If someone else has an explanation how this behavior could be explained without them grossly breaking the law, neglecting their duties... by all means, share. :p

I thought the same thing when I read it on Wiki, RE: "... each time Scientology security guards said there was no emergency."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Harrison_Hotel#cite_note-deaths-12

29ws3h3.jpg

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

from the article:

WTF!!!!

Ok, if that was a private household and the was a 911 call from inside the house, and the owner was out on his lawn telling the police there was no emergency, just go home a twiddle yer' thumbs cops! - How'd that go? - Would the police just leave?

:unsure:

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
While I was looking for more info a few minutes ago about 911 calls in Clearwater, I see Google
is fast returning searches of Threads that are posted on ESMB .... just saying ...

34go8c7.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
WTF!!!!

Ok, if that was a private household and the was a 911 call from inside the house, and the owner was out on his lawn telling the police there was no emergency, just go home a twiddle yer' thumbs cops! - How'd that go? - Would the police just leave?

:unsure:

They certainly wouldn't in the UK, they would want to see the prank caller and arrest them for wasting police time. Then of course they would find the real situation.

Leland

Crusader
Is Ft. Harrison a hotel?

I do believe that Clearwater does collect "bed tax" from Ft. Harrison....just as they would for any other Hotel...or Motel.

But...I've never been inside. I suppose there are other Front Groups and such....working out of the place.

But just curious if anyone has info on exactly what it is considered to be.......by the Cult...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: Fort Cockroach

Is Ft. Harrison a hotel?

I do believe that Clearwater does collect "bed tax" from Ft. Harrison....just as they would for any other Hotel...or Motel.

But...I've never been inside. I suppose there are other Front Groups and such....working out of the place.

But just curious if anyone has info on exactly what it is considered to be.......by the Cult...

Not sure about what they tell the authorities there, usually lies of course.

I do remember the size of the roaches there, they were impressive especially for someone brought up rarely seeing the English dwarf variety. I wonder if they started feeding them to the staff yet, lots of protein. Makes me think of 'Men in Black'.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's reasonable to assume that, on all large Scientology properties, there are some being held in illegal imprisonment, and some in other forms of distress who need outside help and are prevented from getting it. Usually, these instances are not known until after the person escapes, or otherwise leaves, Scientology.

According to the law, 911 calls in the state of Florida are treated as public records, with the proviso that "personally identifying information" is removed. So, hypothetically at least, the audio recordings of these calls - with a small amount of information deleted - should be available.

For those who haven't seen it, this video was made about Scientology and the Clearwater police almost 15 years ago:

[video=youtube;XW8eTe_Ank8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8[/video]

I'm not sure that one would be able to access these audio recordings because the Florida Statutes require the address be deleted on these recordings. One might be able to access ALL the audio recordings for the City of Clearwater or certain districts, but the statutes appear to block the ability to request the recordings for a particular address.

Excerpt from The 2014 Florida Statutes:
CONFIDENTIALITY OF RECORDS.—(a) Any record, recording, or information, or portions thereof, obtained by a public agency or a public safety agency for the purpose of providing services in an emergency and which reveals the name, address, telephone number, or personal information about, or information which may identify any person requesting emergency service or reporting an emergency by accessing an emergency communications E911 system is confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, except that such record or information may be disclosed to a public safety agency. The exemption applies only to the name, address, telephone number or personal information about, or information which may identify any person requesting emergency services or reporting an emergency while such information is in the custody of the public agency or public safety agency providing emergency services.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0300-0399/0365/Sections/0365.171.html

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
fwhaaat?!!! in the past 11 months...161 calls for help!!! ticked me off. don't see how or why investigating publically paid and dutied police officers can give up their ?duty? because the goon at the door says, "no.".[/FONT][/COLOR]

I recall this happening & know some of the Scilons that were doing it. This occurred during the period when the Lisa McPherson case was fresh in critic's minds & there were alot of protests in front of the Fort Harrison & alot of media in attendance at the protests which drew alot of people. This rattled the cult alot & I recall Mike Rinder raising hell with then-Police Chief Sid Klein about it.

There was a belief in the cult that Sid not only tolerated the numerous protests, but that he promoted them, which is why on several occasions, the Scilons protested Sid at Clearwater Police headquarters. The cult was so rattled by the unwanted attention, coordinated actions took place to call 911 with bomb threats & other security issues at the Fort Harrison as a means of showing their displeasure (in a sense, punishing) the police for tolerating the protests. The fake 911 calls placed a tremendous stress on the CPD, but the cult cared less.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Fort Cockroach

Not sure about what they tell the authorities there, usually lies of course.

I do remember the size of the roaches there, they were impressive especially for someone brought up rarely seeing the English dwarf variety. I wonder if they started feeding them to the staff yet, lots of protein. Makes me think of 'Men in Black'.

True :yes:

I never seen roaches in my life till I got there! :unsure:

They were so huuuuuuuuuge in dimensions and numbers that I put all my pesonnal stuff in boxed, taped with duct tape, stored under the bed.

Particularly the palmetto

At night, we could hear the coackroaches walking on the box :yes: ...

Tchik tchic, tchick, tchik..
No joking here!

Bon appetit!

imgres-1.jpeg

They have the same moto than the SO

''we come back'' :omg:

Leland

Crusader
Here's a Clearwater Police Officer at my car window.....while I was there protesting, last year.

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 9.06.53 PM.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: Flag Land Base the home of thousands of cockroaches

Here's a Clearwater Police Officer at my car window.....while I was there protesting, last year.

View attachment 9352

Do you think he looks a little like a cleared cockroach? If I was in the police, and he smiled at me like that, and told me that all those 161 calls were mistakes I think I would investigate, very fast.