What's new

1950 Booksale Reports now on Web

Jump

Operating teatime
Additional articles about 1950 sales and advertising for Dianetics, now on web.

http://www.meepthorp.com

(Site works best with updated web browsers)

Hi OSAOPS,

I was interested to have a look for your info on the 1950s book sales, but navigation from the homepage was difficult. I decided I had to click the link to 'See The Documents' but it wouldn't click. There appears to be a mapped clicking area that doesn't align with the text itself. However, when I finally got to the documents page, the small red-on-blue text was difficult to read and the small randomly arranged orange-on-blue links were glaring on my eyes.

I tried, but I couldn't find those docs and gave up.

I have an updated Chrome browser. Which browser do you recommend?

skep

Patron with Honors
Hi OSAOPS,

I was interested to have a look for your info on the 1950s book sales, but navigation from the homepage was difficult. I decided I had to click the link to 'See The Documents' but it wouldn't click. There appears to be a mapped clicking area that doesn't align with the text itself. However, when I finally got to the documents page, the small red-on-blue text was difficult to read and the small randomly arranged orange-on-blue links were glaring on my eyes.

I tried, but I couldn't find those docs and gave up.

I have an updated Chrome browser. Which browser do you recommend?

Good luck getting a response that makes sense. OSAOPS has been told multiple times his site sucks (I'm not being diplomatic on purpose), yet refuses to acknowledge or correct it. He keeps blaming everyone's browser instead.

Now, I understand your post is being kind, and trying to make a point. OSAOPS is tone deaf to subtle suggestions, ignores direct ones, and keeps uttering his 'it's your browser' meme in the same manner that Scicons are restricted in changing their mode of operation, because LRH said XYZ, and source must be followed.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
A brief look through OSAOPS previous posts shows that people were complaining about that website im 2015 and the reply from OSAOPS was to "update your browser".

Two years later people are still complaining about the site and OSAOPS is repeating the same message.:duh:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
If the text is difficult to read, one temporary fix is to click on the the "A" key and press the "Control" key on the keyboard at the same time. This selects all the text on the page and makes some of the text easier to read.

Also, drag the cursor below the links to select (for example) the video before clicking on the link.

BTW, I'm using Seamonkey 2.40, and you can't get much more up to date than that.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
A brief look through OSAOPS previous posts shows that people were complaining about that website im 2015 and the reply from OSAOPS was to "update your browser".

Two years later people are still complaining about the site and OSAOPS is repeating the same message.:duh:
Yes, update your browser!!! :angry:

Using your OT powers, travel to the future and download Firefox 802.0.1 (current version is 50.1.0) and install it on your computer.

It has special features that automatically update websites which look and feel like they were designed and built in 1992-5, the early days of the Internet, to more current user expectations and look and feel.

Thank you site owner for the hard work finding these (fantastic and endlessly interesting) documents, but the website really needs to be fixed.

It's never the visitor who's at fault but always the site designer. Website design 101. Sorry to be so blunt.

Lisbeth :whistling:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

It looks as if this website was built with Go Daddy Website Builder.

Here is part of a critique of this particular program: http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/godaddy-website-builder-review/

"Even though GoDaddy website builder has a lot of pre-made designer templates for you to select, one of the main downside [sic] is that once you’ve picked a theme to use, you can’t switch to another one without losing your content. So make sure you try out and choose your theme very carefully before committing to one. This is a bit annoying for sure, and if you want the flexibility to change design templates when you want to, Squarespace and Weebly allows you to change templates as often as you want, without losing any of your content."

Probably easier to blame the user than fix the problem.

:yes:

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

But if you use Windows SP, you probably use Int Explorer as a browser and write your missives with Guardian Office.

:)