What's new

1950 Dianetics Articles now on web!

skep

Patron with Honors
Criticisms of Dianetics, including original coverage from Publisher's Weekly
plus links to Science Fiction Newsletter from 1950, now online at:

www.meepthorp.com

Someone should tell who ever runs that it is horribly set up. Bad colors, links not where expected and what is with that meepthorp all over the images, ones that are not on the pages, but one has to go to yet another link. This is the type of website one quickly says, "What's the use" due to it being so over the top bad.

If this is yours, I don't mean to insult, just calling it the way it is.

OSAOPS

Patron with Honors
Site is compatible with updated browsers.

MOAR dox are being prepared for release via Meepthorp.com

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

No browser, whether current or not, can disguise the fact that this website is truly awful. Sorry if you're the designer, but if you are you need to get a bit of assistance with it IMO.

OSAOPS

Patron with Honors
Site requires an updated browser for proper viewing.

Older browsers do not present contents properly, so an updated browser is required.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
My browser is updated regularly and I also think the colours on your site are awful. Some I strain to see and others are painful to look at.

strativarius

Site requires an updated browser for proper viewing.

Older browsers do not present contents properly, so an updated browser is required.

OK, let me reiterate. No browser, whether current or not, can disguise the fact that this website is truly awful.

For example: How ugly is this? It looks like a link but it ain't one, and as for the colours...

ugly.jpg

Sorry if you're the designer, but if you are you need to get a bit of assistance with it IMO.

Last edited:

skep

Patron with Honors

My browser is updated automatically. It's not the browser, it's the design. Don't take it personally, but it's horrible, it's amateurish and it's has no idea of web standards. Or at least 2017 web standards. To the point of not being usable. Documents should be embedded rather than the horrible new tab that opens up, and what is it with the excessive watermarks. At best, it looks like it was designed in 1998.

strativarius

Your content is awesome ! :thumbsup:

If the content is awesome, then more's the pity that it is presented in such an unfortunate manner. I personally wouldn't be criticizing the design so much if OSAOPS wasn't insisting that our browsers are out of date and that is why the site looks so horrible.

phenomanon

Canyon
If the content is awesome, then more's the pity that it is presented in such an unfortunate manner. I personally wouldn't be criticizing the design so much if OSAOPS wasn't insisting that our browsers are out of date and that is why the site looks so horrible.

I opened the link and looked at it for a minnit and shut it down, thinking it must be a troll, and I am disappointed because I really want to see the 50s stuff.

OSAOPS

Patron with Honors
All links are working.

The site requires an updated browser for optimal appearance and function.

MOAR important data is to come soon.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I agree with foregoing criticisms of this website.

It was probably created by a colorblind website designer.

images

:no:

Last edited:

skep

Patron with Honors
All links are working.

The site requires an updated browser for optimal appearance and function.

MOAR important data is to come soon.

You are not listening. The site sucks, period. We've been kind up to now, but your insistence that it is us (via our browsers), not you, when clearly you are the only one who thinks you have a viable website makes you sound as close minded as a delusional David Miscavige. You think you're right, and everyone else is wrong.

Fix the darn site, or quit promoting it.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seems like it is a prerequisite to ingest LSD or magic mushrooms prior to accessing that website. I bet it looks fine then.