What's new

1984: Looking to partner up with a US publisher

Isene

Patron with Honors
From the blog post (http://isene.me/2013/10/30/1984-looking-to-partner-up-with-a-us-publisher/):

After really good responses from readers in the Norwegian market, my publisher (Humanist Forlag) is looking for a US publiser as a partner to release my book to the English speaking market.

1984.jpg

This is the only book on Scientology written by a person who has done all the secret levels, and who reveals them all. The book gives an inside account on how it is to be a public Scientologist, about my gains in Scientology, the challenges, weirdness, mysteries and crap.

There are plenty of books that is looking at Scientology from the outside. And lots of books written by former executives within the Church of Scientology. This book tells a story from the ranks of the public Scientologists – a 25-year journey from the bottom of The Bridge to Total Freedom and all the way to the highest secret level, OT 8. This could have been your story, or your brother’s or sister’s, or a friend’s.

People should know what they enter into when they walk through the doors of the church. The book is balanced and throughly relates both the good and the bad in the controversial religion. The information in this book deserves to be open and accessible to all English readers. An English version would spell the end of the secrecy and mystery surrounding the greatest cash cows for the church.

There has already been hundreds of people asking me to get the book out in English. And so I put this out here to see if readers might have interesting connections that could lead to an English version being published in the near future. Feel free to spread the word.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
From the blog post (http://isene.me/2013/10/30/1984-looking-to-partner-up-with-a-us-publisher/):

After really good responses from readers in the Norwegian market, my publisher (Humanist Forlag) is looking for a US publiser as a partner to release my book to the English speaking market.

1984.jpg

This is the only book on Scientology written by a person who has done all the secret levels, and who reveals them all. The book gives an inside account on how it is to be a public Scientologist, about my gains in Scientology, the challenges, weirdness, mysteries and crap.

There are plenty of books that is looking at Scientology from the outside. And lots of books written by former executives within the Church of Scientology. This book tells a story from the ranks of the public Scientologists – a 25-year journey from the bottom of The Bridge to Total Freedom and all the way to the highest secret level, OT 8. This could have been your story, or your brother’s or sister’s, or a friend’s.

People should know what they enter into when they walk through the doors of the church. The book is balanced and throughly relates both the good and the bad in the controversial religion. The information in this book deserves to be open and accessible to all English readers. An English version would spell the end of the secrecy and mystery surrounding the greatest cash cows for the church.

There has already been hundreds of people asking me to get the book out in English. And so I put this out here to see if readers might have interesting connections that could lead to an English version being published in the near future. Feel free to spread the word.

Hi Isene, gratulerer!

Has the book been translated yet, and if you don't get a big mainstream publisher to work with ye, will it be released as an Ebook at some point in time?

I've almost stopped reading paper books, I'm ashamed to admit, but my tab is simply too good a tool to not use for reading.

Also, will ye be translating it to Swedish, and is there an Ebook on it in Norwegian? Suppose I could read it in Norwegian without too many MU's. :)

Isene

Patron with Honors
Hi Isene, gratulerer!

Has the book been translated yet, and if you don't get a big mainstream publisher to work with ye, will it be released as an Ebook at some point in time?

I've almost stopped reading paper books, I'm ashamed to admit, but my tab is simply too good a tool to not use for reading.

Also, will ye be translating it to Swedish, and is there an Ebook on it in Norwegian? Suppose I could read it in Norwegian without too many MU's. :)

There is an ebook already in Norwegian (follow the link to my blog, then the link to the publisher).

It's not yet translated. I am pondering whether I would like to write it in English or get someone to translate it...

And I am sure it will be available as an ebook also in English once it is printed.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is an ebook already in Norwegian (follow the link to my blog, then the link to the publisher).

It's not yet translated. I am pondering whether I would like to write it in English or get someone to translate it...

And I am sure it will be available as an ebook also in English once it is printed.

Why not you try to write it in English, and find someone who can discuss it with you, to make sure you are making it as clear in English as it is in Norwegian? You just need another person, who knows both languages, maybe English as first language, and Norwegian as second, to read what you write in English, and review with you to make sure it is translating accurately what you meant (in Norwegian). I know this can be tricky. But you have a good grasp of English . . . :yes: You need and English speaker, who can speak Norwegian too . . . OR something like that. :thumbsup:

Isene

Patron with Honors
Why not you try to write it in English, and find someone who can discuss it with you, to make sure you are making it as clear in English as it is in Norwegian? You just need another person, who knows both languages, maybe English as first language, and Norwegian as second, to read what you write in English, and review with you to make sure it is translating accurately what you meant (in Norwegian). I know this can be tricky. But you have a good grasp of English . . . :yes: You need and English speaker, who can speak Norwegian too . . . OR something like that. :thumbsup:

Right. But I'm not quite sure if I want to write the book again... or let a professional translator do the leg work .

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

1984.jpg

I would like to read your book. I might suggest contacting the publishers of Janet Reitman, Lawrence Wright, or any of the other ex-scientology books that have been written over the past decade.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
it is true no public has ever written a book like this.
i would be very interested in reading it.
vance woodward was a public that wrote a great book of his experiences as a public, but i don't think he ever even made it to clear, although the managed to get $650,000 out of him!

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Right. But I'm not quite sure if I want to write the book again... or let a professional translator do the leg work .

Sorry I have no actual help to offer, but just this suggestion about translation:

If someone translated a book of mine into a second language in which I wrote as well as you write English, I'd probably want to check the translation myself pretty carefully, just because I could. So if you were also likely to do that anyway, it might actually be less effort in the end to translate it yourself and then get a native English speaker to check it over for little glitches. Otherwise you could certainly get a professional translator and then be confident in your ability to check their accuracy.