2 Kind letters from David Miscavige

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
rZnGhYZ.jpg

0HdQ9ht.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: 2 Kind letters from "David Miscavige"

See the little squiggle at the bottom right of his signature? It's initials, the person who signed the letter. I imagine it's the person who dictated the letter too. The typist's initials are in the lower left after "DM:". The Dwarf himself probably never even saw the things.

I used to be a Letter Reg for a few years at Saint Hill in the 70s and dictated and signed over 1000 letters a week. I read each one before I signed it (or not) to make sure the typist hadn't made any, er, transcription errors. Sometimes they did.

Paul

Leland

Crusader

See the little squiggle at the bottom right of his signature? It's initials, the person who signed the letter. I imagine it's the person who dictated the letter too. The typist's initials are in the lower left after "DM:". The Dwarf himself probably never even saw the things.

I used to be a Letter Reg for a few years at Saint Hill in the 70s and dictated and signed over 1000 letters a week. I read each one before I signed it (or not) to make sure the typist hadn't made any, er, transcription errors. Sometimes they did.

Paul

You mean that letter I got from LRH, back in the 70's......might actually be from you Paul? :omg:

So funny. More info please.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

You mean that letter I got from LRH, back in the 70's......might actually be from you Paul? :omg:

So funny. More info please.

No. I worked in the Letter Reg Section at AOSHUK. Letters to/from LRH were handled by the SO#1 Line (Standing Order No. 1: All mail addressed to me shall be received by me. LRH [a blatant lie, but what's new?]) at Flag/Int. It could be that such answers were submitted by the local LRH Comm as he/she could be expected to have the most applicable up-to-date info on the letter-writer, but I'm not sure about that.

Letter Reges flood letters out to people in Central Files because Hubbard said it was important to do so.

Paul

No One

a girl is no one

No. I worked in the Letter Reg Section at AOSHUK. Letters to/from LRH were handled by the SO#1 Line (Standing Order No. 1: All mail addressed to me shall be received by me. LRH [a blatant lie, but what's new?]) at Flag/Int. It could be that such answers were submitted by the local LRH Comm as he/she could be expected to have the most applicable up-to-date info on the letter-writer, but I'm not sure about that.

Letter Reges flood letters out to people in Central Files because Hubbard said it was important to do so.

Paul

When I first found out, (on the internet somewhere) that letters from Ron were not genuine it made me so.... sad. That is such a huge basic fundamental betrayal of something that was supposed to be, well, sacred for lack of a better term.

Feeling good about having open eyes though.

-No One

2nd post wooo :)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Paul

At one point, I read an LRH Comm hat pack. The LRH Comm was supposed to read all the SO#1 mail to LRH. For each, he was supposed to compose a suggested reply. The pack of letters would be sent off to Flag. At the Flag base in the early 1980's, the SO#1 unit was on the second floor of the old bank building. I would occasionally walk by, and would always hear several typewriters clacking away.

I presume that at the SO#1 Unit, the proposed reply would be looked at, corrected if necessary to conform to LRH's style, and the reply typed up and LRH's signature mechanically put on it.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

When I first found out, (on the internet somewhere) that letters from Ron were not genuine it made me so.... sad. That is such a huge basic fundamental betrayal of something that was supposed to be, well, sacred for lack of a better term.

-No One

When Scn was at its peak numbers, the number of letters would be more than any person could answer, and still have time for anything else.

One major importance of the SO#1 line, was that situations could be independently communicated to Flag Management.

PS: Welcome aboard! We'd love to hear your story! DO NOT post info which could be used to identify you, since OSA monitors this board (unless, of course, you don't care, in which case fire away)

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I'm not here to defend the fat dead bastard, but not ALL SO#1 letters were fakes. I have a couple from him in his scrawly handwriting, as I'm sure many others here do.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

I'm not here to defend the fat dead bastard, but not ALL SO#1 letters were fakes. I have a couple from him in his scrawly handwriting, as I'm sure many others here do,

Yes, occasionally LRH would really reply. I don't know what the criteria were to get a letter sent to him, but it did happen that he would actually get a letter and personally reply. I have a friend who got such a reply, in response to an injustice done to him as an SO member. The injustice got handled.

No One

a girl is no one

When Scn was at its peak numbers, the number of letters would be more than any person could answer, and still have time for anything else.

One major importance of the SO#1 line, was that situations could be independently communicated to Flag Management.

PS: Welcome aboard! We'd love to hear your story! DO NOT post info which could be used to identify you, since OSA monitors this board (unless, of course, you don't care, in which case fire away)

Thank you! Been lurking for years upon years. So much of me wishes I could tell my story, but details details details would lead straight back likely, immediately.
Family still in, no bueno. Got an ip addy blocker thing set up also... that is how concerning it is.

Huge respect to those with the courage.

Raised in, Staff, then SO, very limited time as a public if any.... Maybe someday...

-No One

strativarius

Yes, occasionally LRH would really reply. I don't know what the criteria were to get a letter sent to him, but it did happen that he would actually get a letter and personally reply. I have a friend who got such a reply, in response to an injustice done to him as an SO member. The injustice got handled.

The handwritten letter I received from LRH was on a 'tech' matter. I also wrote to him on an injustice issue and got a non-commital reply signed by him. Nothing was done.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Thank you! Been lurking for years upon years. So much of me wishes I could tell my story, but details details details would lead straight back likely, immediately.
Family still in, no bueno. Got an ip addy blocker thing set up also... that is how concerning it is.

Huge respect to those with the courage.

Raised in, Staff, then SO, very limited time as a public if any.... Maybe someday...

-No One

Yes, if your story has too many identifying details, which would lead to your being ID'd and family disconnections, then hold off on it.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
I remember that one of the LRH Comm's stat key stats was number of letters to LRH. But I think there was also a stipulation that such letters couldn't be forced, coerced, or even solicited. It was just the concept that if the LRH Comm was doing his job, then LRH's presence would be felt and people would want to communicate to him. So, you can imagine how that went down.

"Of course, you don't HAVE to write a letter to LRH. I just assumed that you would WANT to. I mean it would be pretty strange if you DIDN'T want to communicate to LRH. Could indicate some kind of out ethics situation we'd have to investigate. Anyway, I'll just leave this paper here and check back later."

No One

a girl is no one

Yes, if your story has too many identifying details, which would lead to your being ID'd and family disconnections, then hold off on it.

I have a lot of interesting connections from family that would make it way wayyyyyyyyyyy too easy, but WOW I'm feeling so .... much weight lifted, just finally being able to post here today and feel safe doing so now with the blocker finally set up. It's really great. Thanks again for your warm welcome. I know sometimes noobs can be distrusted but I feel right at home already.

strativarius

I have a lot of interesting connections from family that would make it way wayyyyyyyyyyy too easy, but WOW I'm feeling so .... much weight lifted, just finally being able to post here today and feel safe doing so now with the blocker finally set up. It's really great. Thanks again for your warm welcome. I know sometimes noobs can be distrusted but I feel right at home already.

Some of us have developed a 'sixth sense' for sniffing out trolls and time-wasters. I don't believe you fit into either of those categories, and if I haven't said so already, welcome to ESMB.

freethinker

Sponsor
First I'd like to point out that No One liked your post (that was a joke).

I never wrote to LRH because he was already gone by the time I got in. I knew that if I did write, it wouldn't be him answering back.

I remember that one of the LRH Comm's stat key stats was number of letters to LRH. But I think there was also a stipulation that such letters couldn't be forced, coerced, or even solicited. It was just the concept that if the LRH Comm was doing his job, then LRH's presence would be felt and people would want to communicate to him. So, you can imagine how that went down.

"Of course, you don't HAVE to write a letter to LRH. I just assumed that you would WANT to. I mean it would be pretty strange if you DIDN'T want to communicate to LRH. Could indicate some kind of out ethics situation we'd have to investigate. Anyway, I'll just leave this paper here and check back later."

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

On the other side, a person could get in trouble for saying the wrong thing.

I remember when Alan Lazar was at AOLA. He wrote a letter on the SO # 1 line saying he didn't understand why Kingsley Wimbush got declared and that de-dinging worked.

Within a few days he was offloaded from staff; I think he may have gotten declared (I forget).

1077200]
rZnGhYZ.jpg

0HdQ9ht.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I read both of these letters thinking "where have I heard term 'very well done' recently..." and remembered I'd just read a Vanity Fair article about Tom Cruise's relationship with Nazanin Boniadi and how David Miscavige interfered with it. Here's the quote:

If Cruise found fault with anything she said or did, according to the knowledgeable source, he immediately reported it to Tommy Davis or a member of the staff, and she would then be audited about it. This process started with the first words she ever spoke to him, “Very well done,” about his receiving Scientology’s Freedom Medal of Valor. Evidently that was not sufficiently doting; according to the source, her “Very well done” implied that Cruise was her junior.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I read both of these letters thinking "where have I heard term 'very well done' recently..." and remembered I'd just read a Vanity Fair article about Tom Cruise's relationship with Nazanin Boniadi and how David Miscavige interfered with it. Here's the quote: If Cruise found fault with anything she said or did said:
"Very well done" or VWD is something a case supervisor writes on an auditor's worksheets after a session if everything in the session was done standardly.

It is used so often that scientologists tend to use it in everyday conversations.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

-No One

I had a similar response... I agree. It was a huge basic fundamental betrayal that the PUBLIC especially took to heart as a firm promise.

I cringe when some of the former SO members post comments minimizing the upset this caused the unknowing but believing public. Hubbard crafted his own image and works into a system of belief that began with him promising he would always be there for members and that he was the best friend a scientologist could have. Public replied on that and believe he cared. Some for decades. For many, those SO #1 line letter exchanges were sometimes the only hope of trying to correct wrongs that were not being corrected otherwise.

After one leaves and finds out it was all just part of the scam, it's like realizing you have been playing pen pals with a conman.

I think one had to be a public member to really grasp the sense of betrayal.

Carry on reading more and more... there are betrayals of all kinds by this mad man and his 'church' at every level of the org board, top to bottom, right out through division 6 ( public division ) and 7 ( GO / OSA and it's insane mandates to protect the con)