What's new

2 Miscavages

I am struck, after reading Jenna's book, of the simularity between David, and Jenna Miscavage. I am not talking about any physical resemblance, but the drive of these individuals. Jenna doesn't just leave the cult quietly, she partners with an early anti scio website, and follows up with a book that amounts to a broad side. (one has the image of her, sea breeze blowing on her hair, grey clouds scuttling behind her, pulling the firing lanyard on the 16" guns of a battle ship) Nor did she sit quietly still while in the sea org - she drew a line in the sand and defended her beliefs, her right to marry, her husband tooth and nail.

David is a scrapper, for Christ's sake, he has withstood massive assults, and Everyready Bunnyesque, he's still beating that drum, keeping the remaining slaves pulling on the galley's oars. Amazing, the resemblance between the two.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
The big difference, Mimsey, is Jenna has a conscience. The co$ tried to rid her of that, and failed. If dm ever had one, it disappeared a long, long time ago. One does good, the other is doing evil. Day after day. Same coin maybe, but opposite sides.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes - but lets also remember their differences:

1 is evil and still in and doing damage to others

1 is good and is out and doing damage to the one that is in :lol:

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I am struck, after reading Jenna's book, of the simularity between David, and Jenna Miscavage. I am not talking about any physical resemblance, but the drive of these individuals. Jenna doesn't just leave the cult quietly, she partners with an early anti scio website, and follows up with a book that amounts to a broad side. (one has the image of her, sea breeze blowing on her hair, grey clouds scuttling behind her, pulling the firing lanyard on the 16" guns of a battle ship) Nor did she sit quietly still while in the sea org - she drew a line in the sand and defended her beliefs, her right to marry, her husband tooth and nail.

David is a scrapper, for Christ's sake, he has withstood massive assults, and Everyready Bunnyesque, he's still beating that drum, keeping the remaining slaves pulling on the galley's oars. Amazing, the resemblance between the two.

Mimsey

I like your statement although I'd say that DM is the opposite of a scrapper. A scrapper is someone who doesn't look like they could kick major ass but they do. DM looks like he could kick major ass but he runs from fights that he starts, and he only starts fights by sucker punching those that can't fight back. That's not someone that I'd call scrappy.

DM is a quintessential coward and the antithesis of a man. I don't think 'scrappy' suits him as a descriptor.

But other than that, you have something there with the Miscavige motivation.

Hi CofC, I guess I meant it to convey his willingness to do anything to win - there are no bounds that he won't cross. An example is the dirty tactics used in getting the ME to change her findings on the Lisa McP. case. Another is the lawsuit in Portland - and how he turned it around. Examples abound. Sure, he hires bad ass lawyers, goons, PI's, ex-cops, deluded OT8 camera hat morons etc., to do the dirty work an arms length away. But he gets it done.

scrapper: Someone who looks small but is really wired and can kick some major ass even though he doesn't look like it.

"They started pickin on that guy over there and the little scrapper took 'em all."
Urban dictionary

Did you read L. Wright's book - he goes into how he is a fitness buff and is really physically strong. How he would beat the crap out of people when he was young? Say nothing of vaulting over tables and hitting / choking people etc.

Mimsey

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Hi CofC, I guess I meant it to convey his willingness to do anything win - there are no bounds that he won't cross. An example is the dirty tactics used in getting the ME to change her findings on the Lisa McP. case. Another is the lawsuit in Portland - and how he turned it around. Examples abound. Sure, he hires bad ass lawyers, goons, PI's, ex-cops, deluded OT8 camera hat morons etc., to do the dirty work an arms length away. But he gets it done.

Urban dictionary

Did you read L. Wright's book - he goes into how he is a fitness buff and is really physically strong. How he would beat the crap out of people when he was young? Say nothing of vaulting over tables and hitting / choking people etc.

Mimsey

Good point.

Yes, I read Wright's book and I agree that DM is physically strong. But I also recall a statement that Ronnie Miscavige made awhile back that he was constantly finishing the fights that his brother David started because David would start them, get scared, and run off. Fits his pattern to this day.

I suppose I have a more positive spin to the word 'scrappy' in my own use of the word, and nothing about DM is positive. But you make good points.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Excerpt:
for Christ's sake, he has withstood massive assults, Mimsey

The only assaults I imagine he's withstood are possible torments from other scientologists after he joined all the way and became assimilated. He probably got some nasty teasing, at a minimum. Often bullies are passing on abuse and since he's a bully par excellence, he may have been bullied.

But most of the testimony regarding him suggests he's more massively assaulting than massively assaulted. Although I'm guessing there's a well of self-pity in his psyche that's deeper than the Mariana Trench, so he probably thinks he's mini-Christ when he's really mini-Dr. Evil. I can't wait until he gets on the wrong side of Louis Farrakan. The first time he tries to send one of his NOI bodyguards to the pokey, he may not be much longer for this world. Maybe they can substitute a Howdy Doody puppet to do his work for him after he gets sent to wherever Shelley is and no one will notice the trade.

The thing I find very weird is that the granddaughter of the minister of the Westboro Baptist "Church" is a ringer for Jenna Miscavige Hill: Jenna is in the top photo:

jenna-miscavige-scientology.png

And this is Lauren Drain, granddaughter of Fred Phelps, minister of the Westboro Baptist "Church"
images

It's eerie not only how much alike they look, but how much alike their dysfunctional families and "churches" are.

Actually a better question is: Are cult leaders families dysafunctional? Hubbards was a mess, what with the bigamy, disowning Alexis expelling Nibs, betraying MSH yadda yadda, and Miscavage isn't doing much better, with his dad, brother and neice escaping the cult - his wife in a Scio gulag. What about Kim Jong Il you might ask? Surely he had a norrmal family life... Let's ask Wiki.

Family

It has been suggested that this section be split into a new article titled Kim family. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2013.

Kim Jong-il and his father Kim Il-sung
There is no official information available about Kim Jong-il's marital history, but he is believed to have been officially married once and to have had three mistresses.[98] He had four known sons: Kim Jong-nam, Kim Jong-chul, Kim Jong-un. His two known daughters are Kim Sul-song and Kim Yo-jong.[4][99]

Kim's first mistress, Song Hye-rim, was a star of North Korean films. She was already married to another man and with a child when they met;[100] Kim is reported to have forced her husband to divorce her. This relationship, started in 1970, was not officially recognized. They had one son, Kim Jong-nam (born 1971) who is Kim Jong-il's eldest son. Kim kept both the relationship and the child a secret (even from his father Kim Il-sung) until Kim ascended to power in 1994.[100][101] However, after years of estrangement, Song is believed to have died in Moscow in the Central Clinical Hospital in 2002.[102]

Kim's official wife, Kim Young-sook, was the daughter of a high-ranking military official. His father Kim Il-Sung handpicked her to marry his son.[98] The two were estranged for some years before Kim's death. Kim had a daughter from this marriage, Kim Sul-song (born 1974).[99]

His second mistress, Ko Young-hee, was a Japanese-born ethnic Korean and a dancer. She had taken over the role of First Lady until her death — reportedly of cancer — in 2004. They had two sons, Kim Jong-chul, in 1981, and Kim Jong-un (also "Jong Woon" or "Jong Woong"), in 1983.[101][103] They also had a daughter, Kim Yo-jong, who was about 23 years old in 2012.[4][104]

After Ko's death, Kim lived with Kim Ok, his third mistress, who had served as his personal secretary since the 1980s. She "virtually acts as North Korea's first lady" and frequently accompanied Kim on his visits to military bases and in meetings with visiting foreign dignitaries. She traveled with Kim Jong-il on a secretive trip to China in January 2006, where she was received by Chinese officials as Kim's wife.[105]

He reportedly had a younger sister, Kim Kyong-hui (김경희).[106]

What does this have to do with the narcistic personality of the cult leader? Is narcisim and sociopathy a requisite of a cult leader?

Mimsey