ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

2014 IAS Event

Discussion in 'Europe Pickets and Protests' started by Axiom142, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Apparently some guests visited St Hill this morning. And a good time was had by all:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Axiom142

Amazingly, David Miscavige didn’t like this sort of guest and has ordered a replacement for the RPF for all the staff who messed up and let these people in:

[​IMG]

(Genuine photo from St Hill - why do they need a set of stocks?)

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

In the 80s and 90s I went to Saint Hill for the IAS event quite a few times and never saw a single protestor. Never even heard of such a thing.

Things have certainly got worse for the CoS since then.:thumbsup:

4. Axiom142

Other assorted images from the 2014 IAS Event.

Getting ready for next year (not such a big crowd):

[​IMG]

Miscavige compensating by ordering a huge erection?

[​IMG]

Too gaudy?

[​IMG]

Big tent for a Big Circus?

[​IMG]

Visible for miles and miles…

[​IMG]

All ready to whisk Miscavige to his grand entrance – well he can hardly be expected to walk, can he?

[​IMG]

Other stuff here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30250616@N08/sets/72157648822614192/

Ax

5. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

I didn't want to click "WTF" at your posting, but seriously... WTF??

:ohmy:

I mean, is this what it looks like?

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Ya gotta luv the "Death-stare TRs" from "Security.":roflmao:

Thanx, Ax - looks like the drones didn't have such a good time when the Merry Pranksters turned up.:biggrin:

7. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I saw that stare too, and thought - what a sap. He thinks he can change things with mind-bullets.

8. Axiom142

WTF - exactly!

I am not an expert but I can't see that this can be anything else.

Correction, I should have said pillory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillory

Just to re-iterate, this is an actual photo, taken of an object at St Hill. It has not been staged or shooped.

Make of it what you will.

Axiom142

9. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Judging from the size of the nettle leaves against the holes in the pillory I would think it was built for children not adults, they were probably clearing out a cellar in the manor, it was probably some 'family entertainment' article used by Ron on his children, precursor to chain lockers. But you know me, I'm not one to start rumours. I wouldn't want to get the police involved, there is no evidence of child abuse in the church of scientology, it's not like there are people talking about how they were locked into dangerous confined places on an ocean going vessel as children, are there, or people talking about children's RPFs and sleepless nights doing lower conditions?

Pillories were used to publically humiliate people who broke rules, sounds like the sort of thing that only an organisation that could think of a Bootcamp for kids would use.

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I would guess that it's a makeshift support for some pipes already in place. Or even that circular pole in the picture. Pillory? No. Apart from the ridiculousness (and that's saying a lot for the Sea Org) where's the hinge? And where's the base to hold it upright if there's a person in it?

Paul

11. Dulloldfart

What is that, Ax? Is that a HUMAN CHAIN of SO Members to hold back the seething mob of 5 gentle protesters?

Paul

12. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I have never seen any makeshift support for pipes that looks like that. The two long posts could easily support someone who wasn't too strong or fighting against the punishment, it's crudely made for outdoor use, lagged pipes would be bigger.

Scientologists tend to accept their fate without struggle, I stupidly didn't fight when chucked into the lake, twice, I accepted my punishment like a good cult member. The nearest piece of wood with holes in appears to be not touching the support to me on one side, it could be crudely hinged at the back.

This is how they are used for 'fun' at a garden fete. Scientologists 'understanding' the whole track and it's impact on present time should never think of using such things as fun, of course they shouldn't hurl abuse at people or use chain lockers or forbid people from speaking unless spoken to or throw them in the lake or over the side of a ship, but they have done all of those things and way more to humiliate people and bring them into line.
    Why would a cult believing in the power of past life 'engrams' use such a thing even to support pipes, or to use as a garden fete feature?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSI4RMyEjUQ
    and some actual colour footage of a witch being pilloried during the Spanish inquisition.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSTWwVUtpKI

13. Axiom142

There was a hinge, it just isn't visible in the photo.

I have never seen a support for pipes like this - far more likely to have a bracket and support for the underside only. Why have a top bar? The uprights could have been secured to a frame to hold it upright. I have no doubt that this is and was used as a pillory.

Now, it is entirely possible that this was set up for one of the 'Medieval Fairs’ they have had advertised at St Hill over the years and was used for ‘fun purposes’ only.

Maybe.

Axiom142

14. Dulloldfart

Fair enough re the pipes and hinge. Medieval Fairs I can believe. For real use, no.

Paul

15. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Hmmm.... maybe there are now sex-games allowed for the sea orgers of Saint Hill? :coolwink::omg:

16. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

Or perhaps some $cientologists are/were better at DUPLICATING SOURCE than others:

"my father always felt that he was above the law because he had created the law. He created whatever rules, regulations, and laws to be lived by. There was only one sin in Scientology, which was repeated to me at least a few thousand times, which is, getting caught." LINK

17. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

There's a sin worse than being caught, it's confessing. If it's not known it didn't happen. Hubbard didn't do owning up, he didn't get off his chest all his misdeeds to his people. No he kept secrets making all the others confess.

18. Axiom142

Yes. Actually there were 6 of us.

Amazingly, despite them having a huge security presence with many cameras, motion detectors, lights, dogs and guards (at 6:30am!) and spotting us drive past and then sending a couple of guards to follow us to the car park, they were still caught completely unaware when we walked up to the statue at the front of the castle!

The head of OSA UK (Janet Laveau) saw us and said ‘hello’ before belatedly realising who we were and running around like a headless chicken. So much for ‘OT powers’ – she didn’t have a clue how to handle the situation.

She was so flustered she (allegedly) slapped one of the guys and then beat a hasty retreat. Janet, Janet, Janet – what have you done? Did you remember to put all of that in your security briefing to Der Leader? Actually, we all had a bit of a giggle imagining that conversation…

Video to follow…

Axiom142

19. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I used to go drinking with a guy who was head of security at Saint Hill in the 1980s.

He was a nice guy but had virtually no auditing or training and was only barely literate (when he left school he couldn't read or write).

Standards at Saint Hill probably haven't improved.

20. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

For some reason that doesn't surprise me. He sounds like an ideal scientologist.