ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

2014 IAS Event

Discussion in 'Europe Pickets and Protests' started by Axiom142, Oct 18, 2014.

1. tetloj

tetloj Silver Meritorious Patron

mmmmm...really

Kate Ceberano had a decent music career in the late '80's, and her own TV chat show (very short run on the public broadcaster).

She is a known 'face' and probably well regarded by many as a cheerful, attractive celebrity - but superstar?

Last year she was hawking a book and trying to fill out 400 seat regional venues...hallmarks of a career in decline :yes:

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

Here you go DeeAnna. IMO, he doesn't even look like David Miscavige.....the ears look totally different....The nose looks different....Chin looks square on the left photo and looks rounded on the right photo........as do a few other things. Maybe this is a replacement?

[​IMG]

On the left is David in 1992 at age 32........ On the right is Davie in 2014 at age 54

3. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

This might have been a joke, however, if not... I think the different look of the ear is all because of the perspective. This is a thing you get to notice quickly when drawing (and positioning it correctly is, also, difficult). The inside and general shape of the ear looks similar to me.

Edit: ofcourse it is possible that he had plastic surgery done to correct protruding ears. :confused2:

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Take a look at the ear lobes....and tell me what you think.

5. Osiris

Osiris Patron with Honors

Cant help but think how much it cost everyone to attend the event :duh: ...... Unless it was free :omg: ...... wasn't in my time :yes:

6. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

I know what you mean. I've looked at various other photos from different times, and couldn'd see them changing all of a sudden. I think it's the light conditions (and low resolution). It would be worth looking at how common surgery for changing the ear lobes is, though. :p People who have too large ones, might want to have them narrowed...? For what I see, he always had relatively small, narrow ear lobes, and if the head is turned upside minimally, like at the second photo, they tend to "vanish", due to the perspective. Also, in this position the ear suddenly gets more light from above, and parts of it will appear very bright, which also happened here. That's what I observed. :unsure:

7. Leland

Leland Crusader

Here's a couple more David Photos....side by side. The middle one was taken in Australia...this year. The one on the left...Don't know when take.

[​IMG]

8. Leland

Leland Crusader

Perhaps you are right...and I'm just imagining things....:)

9. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Remember the one on the right comes from the cult's facebook page: in other words, who knows what image editing they did to it.

Paul

10. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

There are several events over the weekend.

Friday - IAS main event, 'free' (but you have to listen to Miscavige droning on for 2 - 3 hours).

Sat - 'seminar' during the day, Patron's Ball in the evening. The last time I attended (2006 ish), the tickets started at £225 and went up to around £300 for 'premier' seating. I'm guessing they are significantly more now. Supposed to get a slap-up meal for this, but I found the food rather ordinary. I don't eat meat so was offered the vegetarian option which consisted of a very small starter, main course was a pastry case not much bigger than an egg cup, filled with leaves and two mouthfuls-worth of vegetables on the side, followed by a fancy dessert that wasn't very nice. Half my calories consisted of the bread that accompanied the meal and I was still hungry so had to eat again went I got home. Got some nice Italian chocolates, but really the whole meal was worth about £15 - 20 at most. There was a live band afterwards and I did get to see TC dancing, but honestly it was a total rip-off.

Sun - more seminars during the day and the 'Charity Concert' in the evening. Tickets were around £100.

Local Scientologists like me, were expected to go to all of the main events and even buy tickets to the concert and dinner for 'local opinion leaders'. One year, I even got pressured into paying for part of the dinner for a staff member.

Axiom142

11. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Earlobes also tend to droop with age, noses and ears never stop growing unlike the rest of the face, lips narrow and teeth are bought from a good dental practice. John Barrowman was on TV the other day and said that he was taught to smile, hollywood smile, think you are about to eat an apple and you get it right, that's exactly what he's doing.

Of course the truth maybe very different, involving lizards, or my favourite one, it's not really miscavage, someone had a lot of plastic surgery to look like him and it's really a five year old Hubbard reincarnated, or could it be Xenu?:omg:

12. R2-45

R2-45 Silver Meritorious Patron

Er... could be Xemu...

Just saying.

:hysterical:

13. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

He's competing with Tom, who has had work done too - dm needs to be better, faster, stronger, more powerful, richer, appear younger - be stronger physically. :lol: What a dick. Envious narcissistic sociopath.

14. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

Thanks for this, Leland. To me, he looks the most different in the middle photo. Could be due to a weight difference or because he is not smiling, but his cheeks look more "hollow" in the center photo. Both left and center photos show the deep crevice on the right between the eyebrows. Each of them also show light-colored eyebrows.

In the right side photo the "crevice" between the brows does not appear to be nearly as deep. Botox plus a filler? And the eyebrows are colored dark - and this is not a particularly good look on him. The color looks to have been matched to his hair color, which is not always a good idea. A lighter color on the brows may have worked better.

In the left side photo under-eye puffiness/bagginess can be seen. Center photo is too poor to tell about this. Right side photo does not show puffiness/bagginess underneath the eyes. Surgery? BUT in this photo the area above the eyelid extending up to the eyebrow appears to be a bit puffy/somewhat swollen. This happens to be an area that can often remain problematic in terms of swelling/puffiness after an eye surgery.

Certainly DM has the right, as do any of us, to have as much or as little surgery and/or rejuvenation measures done on his face. But far too often it seems, the new face does look "different". And unfortunately sometimes it ends up to look "bizarre".

But hey, if I had the money (or the desire, which I really don't) I'd want whoever is doing Jane Fonda's surgeries!

----------

So, Tom Cruise was in attendance?

15. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Thanks for correct spelling...XeMu...

16. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

17. Leland

Leland Crusader

Thank you Dee Anna for your take on these davy pics. You had mentioned Dental Work.....and that brought up another point...

I thought I'd post one more set of pics,,,for comparison. Though, IMO it is a disservice to the Beaver...

IMO, the Beaver looks more "uptone."

[​IMG]

18. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks for that, Ax. I'm always happy to see videos of Saint Hill.

That policewoman was very friendly as you drove up in the car, wasn't she? Heh. :)

Paul

19. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

20. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Oh Kate, Kate .... how does it feel to meet the little man? Thinking you are actually helping humanity in some way? Now you have a medal like Tom Cruise but in the real world it is the symbol of a cultist. So sad.