ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

240,000 is pretty close to 2,507 give or take 237,493

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn, May 30, 2009.

1. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25564003-421,00.html

The Church of Scientology plans to spend $12 million upgrading its Sydney headquarters, but faces a ban on trawling the street outside the building for new recruits

Scientology spokeswoman Vicki Dunstan said the organization has more than 240,000 members in Australia with numbers growing.

But the 2006 Census identified only 2507 Scientologists.

2. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup:

3. Feral

Feral Rogue male

The CofS in Australia has been claiming 240,000 members for years, it may be book buyers only.

That census figure of 2508 is set to go down dramatically too, apostates have bred for the church like rabbits of late. Any that still remain are being reged out of existence or being told that their PC folder data 'could' be used if they talk to us SPs.

The new super secret ideal org being renovated at Surrey Hills could be the nicest empty building in Sydney soon.

4. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Surrey Hills eh?

Why would you wish to move your operations to a place that has a lot of brothels, a large gay and lesbian population, lots of pubs catering to the same, a sizable amount of small and medium industry, several media operations (including Rupert Murdoch's newspaper presses), several taxi bases and lots take-away food places that close up after 5 pm?

Really did their surveys, eh?

The foot-traffic is there, although trying to body-route drunks heading for the nearest brothel could be fun :D

5. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Surrey Hills eh?

Why would you wish to move your operations to a place that has a lot of brothels, a large gay and lesbian population, lots of pubs catering to the same, a sizable amount of small and medium industry, several media operations (including Rupert Murdoch's newspaper presses), several taxi bases and lots take-away food places that close up after 5 pm?

There's also no place to park most days, let alone at night.

Really did their surveys, eh?

The foot-traffic is there, although trying to body-route drunks heading for the nearest brothel could be fun :D

6. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Well they'd fit right in there, right?

Actually, I think the org is trying to pull a fast one on their public. They are doing major reno's on this 'temporary' digs - like ripping out the walls and building new ones. I don't think it's temporary. I think they have probably bought this building and are moving permanently. Then they will be able to cash in on the increased value of the Castlereagh building, which is substantial. Plus pocket all the millions that have been collected for Ideal Org donations. Neat little scam. Pulled off while making it look like they were forced out by council, who I am sure will not approve the gawdy, modern looking structure they have applied to stick on the top of a heritage building.

That census quote was pretty funny. It was in today's Sunday paper in Sydney, millions of people would read that and get a laugh out of it. :clap:

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

OK,

On reviewing the photos etc. of the digs at Surrey Hills the renos are definitely temporary and are not up to 1% of what will be required of an ideal org.

I conclude that the DA in for Castlereagh st. is almost certainly genuine and the standard of that when done will be palatial by comparison.

I wonder if they did the necessary DAs to operate out of and renovate/modify Surrey Hills?

If not you Anons have a golden chance to Annoy.

8. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

In one of David Miscavige's speeches, he states that every person that buys a book about scientology has entered an 'org portal' so you are probably right that the Co$ is using book sales as its basis for this number.

Considering what the church does to manipulate these statistics, this is a pretty funny story.

9. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

At least their margin of error is expanding.

Zinj

10. hartley

hartley Patron with Honors

The trouble with lying is that you have to remember your previous porky pies, here's the decidedly unClear Ms Dunstan from 2007:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...-raise-the-roof/2007/05/05/1177788468873.html
    The church claims to have 250,000 followers in Australia, even though in the 2001 census only 2000 gave their religion as Scientology.

"Many people come in and do Scientology courses and still think of themselves as Christians," Ms Dunstan said.

11. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

He He,
    I recall body routing drunks and pro's in I think Hinckley Street, Adelaide for the Adelaide org not long after I got off the EPF many, many years ago. They had a little test center there if I remember correctly. Their ruins were at least pretty obvious.

That was a lot of fun:)
    OEO

12. EXorcised

EXorcised Patron

STOP IT. Cease and desist....
    ...ROFLMAO. :eyeroll:

13. So roughly one out of a hundred people who buy a book, actually consider themselves Sceintologists, that still seems a little high.

14. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Well of course.
    They really are Scientologists, they just don't know it.

15. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

"We have been in this building for 30 years and we need to expand as we have so many people coming in here now," said Vicki Dunstan, president of Scientology Australia. (2007)

What a difference a few years and a rag-tag Army of Anons have made! :D

16. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

:duh:

That's just wrong.

I love how some Scientologists say they are (enter religion here). Yet they never go to their church. I mean a real church of course.:D
    You're a Scientologist, stop trying to say you're a (enter religion here).

17. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

I can recall that the Mormon Church was reported by the Scientology press to have banded together with Scientology against the anti-cult movements of the late 1970s.
    Maybe that is where some of the 9,900,900 missing Scientologists are hiding? :omg: :eyeroll:

Note: The Baptism of family relatives is an important method of saving souls to the Mormons.
    Much better than waiting for the souls to return from the implant stations before saving them, in Scientology's doctrine.

18. ChronicEnturbulator

ChronicEnturbulator Patron with Honors

...and we're not even DONE yet.