What's new

3AW: Mitchell blasts CCHR this morning...

Guero

Patron
On Melbourne's 3AW this morning, Neil Mitchell discussed the CCHR in relation to the case of a patient of Child Psychologist Michael Carr-Gregg (a regular guest on the show), who, after viewing the Australian CCHR website wanted to go off their medication because of all the lies peddled on the site. Mitchell called for the website to be referred to the Australian Communications and Media Authority, with the hope that it might be banned.

He also said "I don't know how this so-called Church continues to be allowed to operate in this country." Mitchell and Carr-Gregg discussed CCHR with Beyond Blue representative Michael Baigent, who spoke of being "horrified" by the website's content.

Folks, 3AW is Melbourne's highest-rated radio station. Win-freakin'-WIN!

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
On Melbourne's 3AW this morning, Neil Mitchell discussed the CCHR in relation to the case of a patient of Child Psychologist Michael Carr-Gregg (a regular guest on the show), who, after viewing the Australian CCHR website wanted to go off their medication because of all the lies peddled on the site. Mitchell called for the website to be referred to the Australian Communications and Media Authority, with the hope that it might be banned.

Who made the decision to stop taking thier meds?

If I present some information (for instance, calling someone OSA, over and over again, or saying "drugs are bad, mmmkay?") and someone acts on it, who's responsibility is it?

Could you please detail some (or even all) of the lies peddled on CCHR's website?

klidov

If I present some information (for instance, calling someone OSA, over and over again, or saying "drugs are bad, mmmkay?") and someone acts on it, who's responsibility is it?

Could you please detail some (or even all) of the lies peddled on CCHR's website?

the person you should be asking is Child Psychologist, Michael Carr-Gregg. The OP merely shared a story. They do not need to do your homework for you. If you wish to prove there is not a problem on the CCHR site, then you should be the one to prove your point.

Björkist

the person you should be asking is Child Psychologist, Michael Carr-Gregg. The OP merely shared a story. They do not need to do your homework for you. If you wish to prove there is not a problem on the CCHR site, then you should be the one to prove your point.

You really don't get it, do you?

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Name CCHR is a lie!!

Why doesn't CCHR expose Scientology's Human Rights Violations??

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

Well, the Citizens Commision For Human Rights does not have any citizens as members.. Mmmkay.. Arguably scientologists and 'Homo Novis'es' are citizens.. But the Sinister Cult of Scientology and it's members has practically resigned their membership of the human race. The cult is in a condition of enemy to all of us..

Scientology want's to 'obliterate' psychiatry! - And CCHR are working on that using Hubbards 'tech'. That's complete with PR campaigns, overt and covert. Infiltration and investigations, overt and covert. Fabrication of 'crimes' and 'Propaganda by redefinition of words'.

CCHR does not present information! - Try mis-information.. They apply 'enemy condition' on psychiatry.. Read the formula for enemy if you are in any doubt about lying.

Scientology claims to be the authorities on the Human Mind, and want's to replace psychiatry and psychology.. And all other shools in the field for that matter. CCHR is the 'black PR' part of that effort.

The 'regular PR' side of it would be the 'Tech' and advertisemnts for that. Unfortunatly that part of it is as untruthful as CCHR. Scientologys 'hype' is surely the most outrageous lying crock of shit ever distributed as promotion.

Scientology just might accoplish their goals.. If we see clears with IQ's in the 300 point range after the required hours of auditing... What was it.. One point increase in IQ per hour of auditing? - And no colds, eidetic memory.. And we haven't even mentioned OT abilities yet!

Scientology has had 50 years to prove it's merit. The end result we can observe is a totalitarian organization that makes Orwells 1984 pale in comparison.

I recommend that we do not allow that cancer to spread!

Psychiatry and psychology is our societys accumulated knowledge about the maind and mental problems. It is an ongoing research. Working with scientific methods, although practitioners of the field readily agree that it's not an exact science.. They also admit that they don't know everything.. Populated by people who are interested in the field and who have put a lot of effort into learning and research. Every one of them as dedicated to helping as the scientologists claim to be.

Whereas scientologists are a band of (un)happy amateurs who can't present a viable product. Yet claims their 'tech' to be a science, but needs propaganda wars..

:yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bjorkist "Who made the decision to stop taking thier meds?"

Scientology claims to be the authorities on the Human Mind

Bjorkist, I agree humans are responsible for their own decisions. However, if some organisation deliberately cloaks itself in a robe of authority, and goes to a great deal of trouble to appear as something which it clearly isn't, in order to mislead the vulnerable into believing it has authority it hasn't; then I believe it is misrepresenting itself; and the human being who believed the claims; does not shoulder the entire responsibility.

The way I see it, if I moved to a new town and I need to see a GP. I go up to a doctor's practice I found in the telephone book, with a shingle out the front; a traditional type reception and nurse/receptionist. An official looking degree etc on the wall. He talks the talk and sounds knowledgeable. When the said doctor has removed my leg in attempt to cure my sinus headache ----would I be totally at fault?
Perhaps I should have found a reference, but how far do we have to go? Contact the med school and ask for proof of education?
A website can be created to give a very professional scientific impression and one doesn't have to be emotionally or mentally imapired to trust it. Hell we all get duped at some point or another.

Somethings we take at face value. In my book, if a company misrepresents itself it should take some responsibility.

Last edited:

byte301

Crusader
On a drug re-hab site for my state there were all sorts of links to drug re-hab programs around the state. There was also an official looking seal that closely resembled our state seal. So one would be led to believe that it was a state web site.

Problem was that when you clicked any of the links they gave you the same phone number...every time. And the seal wasn't our state seal.

Well, you guessed it. NarCONon was the culprit. Doing more research it was discovered that they had done this same sort of thing for many states.

A quick call to the state officials and a couple of e-mails later NarCONon was forced to take the seals off the sites.

So a person in trouble or desparate to get some help clicks on a link thinking it's local and a few hours of hard sell later they end up at a NarCONon in OK.

No, it's not just the patients responsibility in some cases.

Why does Scientology have to lie about who and what they are constantly???
Who is responsible for their bad reputation? Why do they pull in all this resistance?

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember once a gimmic that was 'invented' by some Scientologists.

It was a clear plastic drinking mug with an insulation space that surrounded the whole mug; kinda like a mug within a mug. The space between the two layers of the mug was filled 30% with a clear liquid. It was advertised as a liquid purifying device (removed some type of impurities). Just pour your favorite beverage into it and Presto! It was purified! Even Soft Drinks!

It sold for about $15 - $20. I saw it at the Peter Gilham vitamin store (on Fountain near LRH way) years ago, available for a short while.

I inspected one closely and could see that it was of poor quality. It was sealed together with a clear silicone what glued the inner and outer parts together. When I inquired about the use of silicone in a drinking mug, I was told that it was necessary to insure that the 'purifying liquid' sandwiched between the two mug layers, did not get out or into the beverage receptacle of the mug. That prompted me to ask what was the 'clear purifying liquid component' encased in the mug's inner space?

I was told that it was 'confidential'... but safe, a natural product!

I did not buy it. I thought long and hard about it though. Next time I went in I asked the shop keeper about a statement made in their literature. It said that 'Of all the various manufacturers of vitamins, and various prices... only a few were determined to contain live energy... and only those that passed the test were of value to the human body.' Gilhams only sold the 'good ones'.

I asked what type of test was done, what brands were tested and what were the ratings of those that passed the 'tests'? I was told that that was not available. So I asked 'but how do I know that it's truthful information'? I was told 'we have many success stories from satisfied clients' and 'try them and see if you 'feel' the difference'. Since I had been using Gilham's vits exclusively (based on their 'live energy' PR) I began trying and researching other vitamins. I found decent products that were far less expensive than the Gilham varities. I switched brands and came to more practical conclusions as pertains to the potential benefits of using vitamin supplements.

This simple experience began a process of discovery which ultimately led to my eventual resignation from the Co$ and an avowed critic of the crowd tooting 'The Tech' with thought obliterating beliefs 'based upon feelings' and lack of personally exercised research.

There are techniques available which can help people to varying degrees. When seeking a benefit from some body of study or practice I have found it to be wise to try and identify each technique and it's attributes honestly. Avoid all attempts and offered 'data' that describe what one's benefit 'will be' or 'should be'. Test things on an individual basis, over a period of time and upon numerous subjects.

Then collect one's own body of 'techniques' from the palatte of life.

Avoid being monopolized by ANY practice. Never accept any statement or idea that any practice is or holds the key/s to success or solutions. Allow yourself to see the bigger picture. God or Spiritual Capacity cannot be taught, cannot be monopolized, cannot be owned, cannot be sold.

The journey of life is about discovering that you are already what you are seeking.

The honesty of life is admitting that we are not King, that we have been granted this cherished opportunity to be as much capacity for everything that passes through us... and humbled that we too are but part of every other capacity that we pass through.

Any type of 'help' that offers to increase your capacity and ends up becoming your capacity... has not given much and yet has taken everything.

It's all a question of whether one is seeking to become 'Saved', 'Fixed up with Workable Tech' or Enlightened.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Avoid being monopolized by ANY practice. Never accept any statement or idea that any practice is or holds the key/s to success or solutions. Allow yourself to see the bigger picture. God or Spiritual Capacity cannot be taught, cannot be monopolized, cannot be owned, cannot be sold.

The journey of life is about discovering that you are already what you are seeking.

The honesty of life is admitting that we are not King, that we have been granted this cherished opportunity to be as much capacity for everything that passes through us... and humbled that we too are but part of every other capacity that we pass through.

Any type of 'help' that offers to increase your capacity and ends up becoming your capacity... has not given much and yet has taken everything.

It's all a question of whether one is seeking to become 'Saved', 'Fixed up with Workable Tech' or Enlightened.

:thumbsup: :clap:

Pixie

Crusader
I remember once a gimmic that was 'invented' by some Scientologists.

It was a clear plastic drinking mug with an insulation space that surrounded the whole mug; kinda like a mug within a mug. The space between the two layers of the mug was filled 30% with a clear liquid. It was advertised as a liquid purifying device (removed some type of impurities). Just pour your favorite beverage into it and Presto! It was purified! Even Soft Drinks!

It sold for about $15 - $20. I saw it at the Peter Gilham vitamin store (on Fountain near LRH way) years ago, available for a short while.

I inspected one closely and could see that it was of poor quality. It was sealed together with a clear silicone what glued the inner and outer parts together. When I inquired about the use of silicone in a drinking mug, I was told that it was necessary to insure that the 'purifying liquid' sandwiched between the two mug layers, did not get out or into the beverage receptacle of the mug. That prompted me to ask what was the 'clear purifying liquid component' encased in the mug's inner space?

I was told that it was 'confidential'... but safe, a natural product!

I did not buy it. I thought long and hard about it though. Next time I went in I asked the shop keeper about a statement made in their literature. It said that 'Of all the various manufacturers of vitamins, and various prices... only a few were determined to contain live energy... and only those that passed the test were of value to the human body.' Gilhams only sold the 'good ones'.

I asked what type of test was done, what brands were tested and what were the ratings of those that passed the 'tests'? I was told that that was not available. So I asked 'but how do I know that it's truthful information'? I was told 'we have many success stories from satisfied clients' and 'try them and see if you 'feel' the difference'. Since I had been using Gilham's vits exclusively (based on their 'live energy' PR) I began trying and researching other vitamins. I found decent products that were far less expensive than the Gilham varities. I switched brands and came to more practical conclusions as pertains to the potential benefits of using vitamin supplements.

This simple experience began a process of discovery which ultimately led to my eventual resignation from the Co$ and an avowed critic of the tooting 'The Tech' with thought obliterating beliefs 'based upon feelings' and lack of personally exercised research.

There are techniques available which can help people to varying degrees. When seeking a benefit from some body of study or practice I have found it to be wise to try and identify each technique and it's attributes honestly. Avoid all attempts and offered 'data' that describe what one's benefit 'will be' or 'should be'. Test things on an individual basis, over a period of time and upon numerous subjects.

KV.... you're back! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Clam

Patron with Honors
I think CCHR is a joke. They are not out to close down the pschs its just a vehicle for the mother church to collect funds for it coffers that aside psychitry is a front group for the big pharma. Having worked for cchr I have seen some of the worst abuse of humanity. Electric shock therapy, drugging, patient abuse etc. THats not to say a few of them might be helping but very few from my exprience. The psychs create mental disorders for the drug companies to invent new medication and since the drug companies don't have to comply with FDA they only have to inform them of trials and tests,which the drug companies will withhold the bad effects and only report the good they have a card blanc to sell the public any drug concoction they dream up no matter who it kills.
I have personal gotten people off psych drugs but its not easy to do. They need to be given massive doses of vitamins for up to a month. But once they get thru it they can't thank you enough. IF you think psychitry works go to a mental hospital and talk with some of the patients and ask them how they ended up their.psychiatry have since it conception been a total of the government against it citizens for political control ,the gulags of russia, the state hospitals of usa and now china has adopted it usage against its dissidents. Scientolgy or no Scn psychs are f--- up

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
LOL, that's a good one!
That oughta balance out the theta/entheta ratio nicely, and just before Thursday 2pm too!
Obviously CCHR is not the only joke in the scilon jokebook!

Guero

Patron
Round 2 occured this morning between Mitchell and CCHR's Shelley Wilkins at 11.25 this morning. She crapped on about the CCHR's history, claiming they are funded by "occasional" donations from "members" of the COS, but they don't get donations from the Church (right..), and that their members aren't all Scientologists (uh-huh), but that she is, and the CCHR is not an arm of the Church (sure...).

Mitchell really prodded her about their links. He said straight out "you're not a human rights group" and that when he spoke to the Church about CCHR, they insisted he contact them. Whilst asking her about the Chuch, she said he should call them!

When asking her about documented effects Anti-Depressants, she quotes a whole bunch of Cos Stats. He keeps demanding she provide her stats and sources, and attacks the CCHR's independence, and the fact that their only focus is CoS policy, rather than any other field of human rights advocacy.

When she admits that one of CCHR's reports is written by her, he points out the inherent conflict of interest in an avowedly anti-psychiatry group writing a report of Psychiatry.

He repeatedly askes her if she thinks there are any circumstances in which Anti-Depressants are acceptable. In turn Wilkins repeatedly parrots the Scieno line that people should go to a GP first to determine a physical cause of their problems. After demanding that she actually answer his question, she responds by saying it would be irresponsible of her to give medical advice (!!!!!!!), which Mitchell points out is exactly what the CCHR is doing.

He asks her one more time if she thinks anti-depressants are acceptable, she finally admits that she doesn't. She also claims most psychotic episodes are down to lack of sleep. He finishes the call by saying "I think we all really know what you're about."

In the following phone calls, one caller decries Wilkins as an idiot. The following caller (a man named James) starts with "I'm not a Scientologist Neil (uh-huh), but on this issue you are 100% wrong." and he calls them "alter-minding drugs" twice. That's that communication tech for you.

Bravo Neil. Someone should email him about Scieno bull-baiting though, because Shelley Wilkins did that through the whole interview. Still, as expected, Mitchell gave as good as he got.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Round 2 occured this morning between Mitchell and CCHR's Shelley Wilkins at 11.25 this morning. She crapped on about the CCHR's history, claiming they are funded by "occasional" donations from "members" of the COS, but they don't get donations from the Church (right..), and that their members aren't all Scientologists (uh-huh), but that she is, and the CCHR is not an arm of the Church (sure...).

Mitchell really prodded her about their links. He said straight out "you're not a human rights group" and that when he spoke to the Church about CCHR, they insisted he contact them. Whilst asking her about the Chuch, she said he should call them!

When asking her about documented effects Anti-Depressants, she quotes a whole bunch of Cos Stats. He keeps demanding she provide her stats and sources, and attacks the CCHR's independence, and the fact that their only focus is CoS policy, rather than any other field of human rights advocacy.

When she admits that one of CCHR's reports is written by her, he points out the inherent conflict of interest in an avowedly anti-psychiatry group writing a report of Psychiatry.

He repeatedly askes her if she thinks there are any circumstances in which Anti-Depressants are acceptable. In turn Wilkins repeatedly parrots the Scieno line that people should go to a GP first to determine a physical cause of their problems. After demanding that she actually answer his question, she responds by saying it would be irresponsible of her to give medical advice (!!!!!!!), which Mitchell points out is exactly what the CCHR is doing.

He asks her one more time if she thinks anti-depressants are acceptable, she finally admits that she doesn't. She also claims most psychotic episodes are down to lack of sleep. He finishes the call by saying "I think we all really know what you're about."

In the following phone calls, one caller decries Wilkins as an idiot. The following caller (a man named James) starts with "I'm not a Scientologist Neil (uh-huh), but on this issue you are 100% wrong." and he calls them "alter-minding drugs" twice. That's that communication tech for you.

Bravo Neil. Someone should email him about Scieno bull-baiting though, because Shelley Wilkins did that through the whole interview. Still, as expected, Mitchell gave as good as he got.

Bravo!!!! Just Great!

Scientology is all about using words to create perception. Because it was all approved or sorted together by Hubbard who had very little personal expertise regarding the mind or being an honest straight forward professional.... it just takes a few questions with insistance for a real answer.... to shatter the illusions surrounding everything connected to Scientology.

Once the illusion is lifted, there remains a group of amateurs who nonetheless are actually interested in helping themselves and others to live a more meaningful life.

But without the illusions of 'Clear' and 'OT'.... there is nothing there worth dedicating one life to or giving up one's bank account for. And certainly nothing which justifies ruining or attempting to destroy the lives of others or established bodies of medicine and science.

Duly noted is that Scientology doesn't just attack Psychiatry, it goes after anything it can so long as it feeds new members into or retains current members in the Cult of Scientology.

Medicine
Bankers
Schooling
Therapists
Jesus
Mystics
Scientists
Other Religions
Yoga
Massage
Other Practices
Politicians