ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

4chan under new ownership

Discussion in 'Pickets & Protests General' started by Anonycat, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

4chan has attained legendary status in the history of web culture. Famous for its uninhibited, freewheeling users who say and create what they want, safe from the prying, politically-correct eyes of mainstream society, it has become famous for political incorrectness and depraved humour. If one thing bucks the trend of the “coddling of the American mind” currently taking place on US campuses, it is the hellraising millennial culture that developed on 4chan. Put it this way; you won’t find any “safe spaces” on the site.

The site has also had a considerable impact on politics. The Anonymous movement was founded there, in response to what users saw as the Church of Scientology’s efforts to censor criticism on the internet.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/21/hellraising-website-4chan-under-new-ownership/

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  3. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

Really? The anonymous movement, GF masks and all actually started with that original $cn. protest?
    I never knew that.

4. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Yes. Project Chanology, and the decision to wear GF masks -- all that happened at 4chan. Believe it or not, Anonymous used to strictly use consensus.

Edit: and lolcats started at 4chan too.

5. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

And I for one am eternally grateful - without Project Chanology and all that it spawned, I may well still be in the cult.:yes:

7. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Oh, look who's at 3:09! We have shared years exposing this cult. And it's been my pleasure, Scoots. You've brought some of the best results of anyone in the world. Unsung hero alert!

[video=youtube;1AoCW9Iz2xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoCW9Iz2xw[/video]