Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I changed the title

From Jeff Hawkins wonderful blog.

http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/a-poll/#comment-9163

Mat Pesch
March 29, 2011 7:00 pm

James,

Great point! Here is some additional information.

While there are many organizations which make up this “church”, there is one that accounts for more income and delivery of actual Scientology services than all others combined. That organization is Flag, located in Clearwater, Florida.

While almost all Scientology “churches” struggle to survive financially, Flag not only supports itself but it supports the Office of Special Affairs (OSA), middle management (L.A.), upper management (Hemet, CA.) and indirectly organizations like the Freewinds.

While I was the Treasury Secretary at Flag in about 2002, we did a computer print out of every person who had paid the Flag Service Org (FSO), at least $1,000 for Scientology services over a 3 year period. To our amazement there were only about 5,000 names.

Now consider that Flag has about 1,200 staff and they are financially supporting about another 500 staff outside Flag that “manage” or “keep Scientology safe from attack”. That’s a total of about 1,700 full time staff being financially supported by 5,000 public!

I would be willing to bet that if you printed out that same list today at least 85% of the names are the same. I would also be willing to bet that those public have made little to no progress up the “Bridge”.

So what are all these staff working so hard to do? I think that it majorly boils down to controlling information and people (internally and externally) so as to extract their labor and money.

Most of the money comes from public who are OT V or above and have been being run around in circles, redoing the same Scientology services over and over while being pressured to make additional direct donations for things like the Super Power Building (collecting donations since 1986), Idle Orgs, translations, Preservation of the Tech, IAS, Library Donations, ABLE , etc.

As an additional note, while Flag is passing out the cash to support this huge amount of staff and overhead, it owes hundreds of millions in undelivered service to parishioners for which it has no money set aside to cover. That situation worsens by hundreds of thousands on a weekly basis. It’s like having a restaurant that has taken in millions of dollars for future meals and than spending the money on overhead. The “direct donations”
is an unusual solution to try to cover their ass financially for a top heavy, criminal and unviable scene.

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mat Pesch

James,

While there are many organizations which make up this “church”, there is one that accounts for more income and delivery of actual Scientology services than all others combined. That organization is Flag, located in Clearwater, Florida.

While almost all Scientology “churches” struggle to survive financially, Flag not only supports itself but it supports the Office of Special Affairs (OSA), middle management (L.A.), upper management (Hemet, CA.) and indirectly organizations like the Freewinds.

While I was the Treasury Secretary at Flag in about 2002, we did a computer print out of every person who had paid the Flag Service Org (FSO), at least $1,000 for Scientology services over a 3 year period. To our amazement there were only about 5,000 names.

Now consider that Flag has about 1,200 staff and they are financially supporting about another 500 staff outside Flag that “manage” or “keep Scientology safe from attack”. That’s a total of about 1,700 full time staff being financially supported by 5,000 public!

I would be willing to bet that if you printed out that same list today at least 85% of the names are the same. I would also be willing to bet that those public have made little to no progress up the “Bridge”.

So what are all these staff working so hard to do? I think that it majorly boils down to controlling information and people (internally and externally) so as to extract their labor and money.

Most of the money comes from public who are OT V or above and have been being run around in circles, redoing the same Scientology services over and over while being pressured to make additional direct donations for things like the Super Power Building (collecting donations since 1986), Idle Orgs, translations, Preservation of the Tech, IAS, Library Donations, ABLE , etc.

As an additional note, while Flag is passing out the cash to support this huge amount of staff and overhead, it owes hundreds of millions in undelivered service to parishioners for which it has no money set aside to cover. That situation worsens by hundreds of thousands on a weekly basis. It’s like having a restaurant that has taken in millions of dollars for future meals and than spending the money on overhead. The “direct donations”
is an unusual solution to try to cover their ass financially for a top heavy, criminal and unviable scene.

Then a perfectly legal campaign of GET YOUR MONEY BACK should be initiated. When one person does this the cult sicks it's covert operatives and hire-a-goons on that person. They could not handle 5,000 demands. 5,000 court cases, all at once? It's all in the numbers.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mat Pesch

James,

Interesting Info. The FLB was originally set up by El Ron ostensibly to be able to support all of Scn during the world wide economic collapse that Hisself said—in a Highly Confidential COLRHED in ‘75—was coming in the late ‘70’s to early ‘80’s.

The FSO brought in enough money in the late ‘70’s to support all the Orgs and then some…and in better conditions than were extant at that time. The total amount of FSO unused AP in 1980 was less than one months worth of VSD…folks were arriving and getting onto service an average of around 4-6 weeks after being fully paid for a service. The weekly resign GI was in the 100 to 150k range, if I recall correctly.

At that time, if the FSO crew would have been being paid $400 per week each, it would have been 1/4to 1/5 of the weekly GI. $400 per week was a LOT of dough in 1980.

Face :)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Also, the Lion's share of FSO GI back then went straight to SOR (El Ron's Slush Fund) and probably still does.

Face:)

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks Pooks for putting this up.

I've always thought that when the money dried up the cofs would dry up too.

After all $$$ is the cofs 's primary target isn't it? :coolwink:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Interesting Info. The FLB was originally set up by El Ron ostensibly to be able to support all of Scn during the world wide economic collapse that Hisself said—in a Highly Confidential COLRHED in ‘75—was coming in the late ‘70’s to early ‘80’s.

The FSO brought in enough money in the late ‘70’s to support all the Orgs and then some…and in better conditions than were extant at that time. The total amount of FSO unused AP in 1980 was less than one months worth of VSD…folks were arriving and getting onto service an average of around 4-6 weeks after being fully paid for a service. The weekly resign GI was in the 100 to 150k range, if I recall correctly.

At that time, if the FSO crew would have been being paid $400 per week each, it would have been 1/4to 1/5 of the weekly GI. $400 per week was a LOT of dough in 1980.Face :)

Help me here. I never knew the SO rank & file at FSO were ever paid $400/week.

I knew some regs made some serious bucks and some book store officers did pretty good.

These days I've heard 50 bucks ' week is big pay for rank & file SO.

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
Great post by Mat, and also a really insightful reply by James Anglin. I've never heard of him, and don't know if he posts here, but I hope he doesn't mind my reposting some of his remarks, because they really are brilliant.

...But my theory is that inefficiency is self-limiting and cannot long endure, whereas Scientology has endured for some decades now. Therefore, I doubt that Scientology is really inefficient. It must be efficient at what it really does. The question is, What is it really doing? What is its real product?

One guess I have is that the real product of Scientology might be the Scientology staff. That is, the staff are not really there to produce Scientology. Scientology is there to produce them.

I don’t necessarily imagine that anyone consciously designed it this way, even Hubbard. And staff members may well think that they are working frantically to further Scientology, and not just to keep themselves busy. But my hypothesis is that the system of organized Scientology works effectively to produce a relatively large core of abused and underpaid devotees, who draw in just enough resources from ‘public’ to sustain themselves (at their minimal standard of living).
(emphasis added)

That's just about as good an analysis of Scientology overall as I've read.

Gadfly

Crusader

I knew some regs made some serious bucks and some book store officers did pretty good.

Read the quote again, "if the FSO crew would have been being paid $400 per week each". IF, IF, IF . . .

They never were.

+++++

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

I apologize that my words were not clear. We were being paid $10 per week...I said "if" the crew were paying paid $400 per week then, meaning even with that only 20% +/- of the weekly GI would be consumed by payroll.

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I apologize that my words were not clear. We were being paid $10 per weeks...I said "if" the crew were paying paid $400 per week then, meaning even with that only 20% +/- of the weekly GI would be consumed by payroll.

Thanks, just wanted all the readers on the same page with " IF " with no question about it.

You said it plainly enough.