A Brief Summary Of My Time Inside

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Heh, that's kind of ya. I've played almost all types of music, though I prefer rocky-jazz type stuff I suppose, as a percussionist I can fit in near anywhere but find most stuff kinda boring. My hands have paid the toll of much work over the years so I kind of take it easy nowadays, been teaching myself guitar the last month or so, wish I'd picked one up 30-40 years ago, good fun, good for my hands, but I'll never be more than a mediocre hack/fake, still fun and a nice meditation. :)

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
This thread is 4 years old and I'm just discovering it. Nevertheless ...

My story in Scientology begins when I was a kid. ...

All I know is around this time my dad stopped raising me and started letting Scientology brainwash me into being a ”good Scientology kid”.

I went through several different schools as my dad moved us from Texas to California to be closer to the ”tech”. We eventually settled down in Los Angeles and started studying at a mission. I went on to do my Purif and Objectives and soon had the fire of a euphoria addicted Scientologist in my eyes.
What a terrible thing to do to a child.

When I was about 13 my dad would take me to AOLA with him and the Sea Org recruiters would look at me like I was a little league player at a NAMBLA convention.
A perfect analogy!

... my mom would only tell me how proud she would be if I joined the Sea Org. At fourteen, I was completely at the mercy of ruthless psychological torture, including mild forms of sleep deprivation and starvation. I felt abandoned by my parents, and I felt like I would never have their respect unless I joined the Sea Org. ...

This whole time I wanted out but I couldn't mention it to anyone, I had to bury the feeling and hide it from ,everyone. I couldn't even tell my parents how I felt or what I was going through because it is considered a high crime by the religion. Keep in mind I am still a child.

I still have not told my parents that I wasn't nothing to do with the church because I don't want to lose them and because my dad is ill and doesn't need the stress. I just avoid the conversations and don't go to the events. My parents have invested too much into the church, including their youngest son (my bother) for me to even hope to convince them of my position.

Why I still feel obligated to my parents who have still done nothing but take advantage of me and basically failed me as.parents is beyond me.
The urge to please one's parents can be a powerful one. I was still trying to do so in my early 20's. Finally I realized they would never be satisfied no matter what I did and I don't really need their approval, do I? That was a very liberating moment and since then I haven't worried about it.

Prior to joining Sea Org I had noticed I had a tendency to find my own sex attractive and eventually I ended up fooling around with another guy at Flag. I was 17, I believe he was 19 or 20. We got caught, I got kicked out.
I am so glad you got kicked out before 18. Legally, a child can not sign a contract, but if he does so anyway, and "affirms" it by continuing to abide by it after turning 18, then it's fully in force. (Not that a Sea Org contract is legally enforceable, anyway.)

I my case I didn't have to be thrown off staff -- they wouldn't let me on in the first place. I believe it was a combination of being "one of those" (one of what I'll leave unanswered for the moment) and having a professional career and being able to keep writing those big checks.

My Aunt, who was also ex staff, had diabetes. ... he threw her out and said I don't care if she dies, she would be better off dying anyway because she would come back again with a healthy body. It was, at that point when I saw how scientology devalues human life and the importance of family that I realized there was something wrong.
That's basically true -- if you're sick or physically disabled, dying and coming back will provide you with a fresh and healthy body. And your family is only with you "temporarily" -- with each incarnation you get a new genetic line (or not). But life is not just about being born and dying. It's what happens in between that's important. Family connections and humanness are part of the reason why we're here in the first place.

Helena

Adam7986

Declared SP
Heh, that's kind of ya. I've played almost all types of music, though I prefer rocky-jazz type stuff I suppose, as a percussionist I can fit in near anywhere but find most stuff kinda boring. My hands have paid the toll of much work over the years so I kind of take it easy nowadays, been teaching myself guitar the last month or so, wish I'd picked one up 30-40 years ago, good fun, good for my hands, but I'll never be more than a mediocre hack/fake, still fun and a nice meditation. :)

That sounds like fun! I've recently thought about taking up piano, although there's hardly room in my studio apt for one, and can you imagine trying to move around with a piano? Sheesh.

Adam7986

Declared SP
This thread is 4 years old and I'm just discovering it. Nevertheless ...

What a terrible thing to do to a child.

A perfect analogy!

The urge to please one's parents can be a powerful one. I was still trying to do so in my early 20's. Finally I realized they would never be satisfied no matter what I did and I don't really need their approval, do I? That was a very liberating moment and since then I haven't worried about it.

I am so glad you got kicked out before 18. Legally, a child can not sign a contract, but if he does so anyway, and "affirms" it by continuing to abide by it after turning 18, then it's fully in force. (Not that a Sea Org contract is legally enforceable, anyway.)

I my case I didn't have to be thrown off staff -- they wouldn't let me on in the first place. I believe it was a combination of being "one of those" (one of what I'll leave unanswered for the moment) and having a professional career and being able to keep writing those big checks.

That's basically true -- if you're sick or physically disabled, dying and coming back will provide you with a fresh and healthy body. And your family is only with you "temporarily" -- with each incarnation you get a new genetic line (or not). But life is not just about being born and dying. It's what happens in between that's important. Family connections and humanness are part of the reason why we're here in the first place.

Helena

It's worth mentioning that Hubbard himself recommended death as a "key out" mechanism. I agree that the idea of reincarnation in Scientology is entirely corrupted to the point that life itself is without meaning. Most religions frown upon suicide and mourn someone who is taken from this life too soon. Scientology almost seeks to ignore death, as if it is meaningless because the person is coming back anyway. At least that's what I was taught. That's a huge difference between other religions that believe in reincarnation and Scientology. Even for those other religions that believe in reincarnation, they view each life as having a level of importance in the overall evolution of the individual.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
It's worth mentioning that Hubbard himself recommended death as a "key out" mechanism. I agree that the idea of reincarnation in Scientology is entirely corrupted to the point that life itself is without meaning. Most religions frown upon suicide and mourn someone who is taken from this life too soon. Scientology almost seeks to ignore death, as if it is meaningless because the person is coming back anyway. At least that's what I was taught. That's a huge difference between other religions that believe in reincarnation and Scientology. Even for those other religions that believe in reincarnation, they view each life as having a level of importance in the overall evolution of the individual.

Well, like most other things scientological there is not even one shred of evidence that even one person has been PROVEN to have " come back " to scientology after body death with a new body & full memory of their previous life.

Claims? Oh hell yes !

Proof ? Oh HELL NO !

Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! Yet another layer of BS scn laid on it's devout members.

Maybe something somewhere in scn was correct, but, their reincarnation theory as they sold it has no proof. 60 years is time enough for to get some proof - IF it exists. ( Like proving clear or OT - there is NO proof ! )

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Well, like most other things scientological there is not even one shred of evidence that even one person has been PROVEN to have " come back " to scientology after body death with a new body & full memory of their previous life.

Claims? Oh hell yes !

Proof ? Oh HELL NO !

Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! Yet another layer of BS scn laid on it's devout members.

Maybe something somewhere in scn was correct, but, their reincarnation theory as they sold it has no proof. 60 years is time enough for to get some proof - IF it exists. ( Like proving clear or OT - there is NO proof ! )

And you hear so often "so and so dropped their body" in the same sacrilegious vein, in terms of equivalency, as someone dropping their car keys.
They sought to minimize the importance of a lifetime or people wouldn't sign billion year contracts and fork over all of their monies to them.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
And you hear so often "so and so dropped their body" in the same sacrilegious vein, in terms of equivalency, as someone dropping their car keys.
They sought to minimize the importance of a lifetime or people wouldn't sign billion year contracts and fork over all of their monies to them.

Yup scientology has all its discounts in order to gain very cheap labor.

Education
Raising a family
career
marriage
life savings
retirement
and even children themselves
and of course a single lifetime or life
is dicounted by the ideology of millions of lifetimes.

Whether you believe or don't belive in past lives or future lives
is irrelevant to whether you think one is valuable and what
you would trade for it.

Hubbard preyed heavily on the altruistic nature of some people
with soaring rhetoric such as the salvation of all mankind blah blah blah.

Some bought it some did'nt, some still do, some never will.

As long as love is defined in terms of sacrifice Hubbard and his ilk
will play this card on loving and unsuspecting victims, giving entire
lifetimes to borrow a phrase for "A piece of blue sky"

Hubbard perfected the long con and created marks for a lifetime
in some,:duh: he got me for 5 years and 5000.00 no small chunk of change
and no small amount of time.

Could have been much worse:yes: