What's new

A conversation with a Scientologist regarding disconnection.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I realized the other day that the purpose of the OT eligibility process is to cement loyalty to the cult ONLY.

Those who show some kind of other-loyalty to themselves, their families, their co-workers, etc. that conflicts or distracts in any way with loyalty to CofS are discarded and not invited until they relinquish those loyalties and become loyal to the cult ONLY.

The Pre-OT has their attention on getting the OT Level. But the real process is being run on them during the eligibility procedure. With their attention on the OT Level they want and are reaching for, Ron is installing what he really wants installed in the Scientologist.

It's a prestidigitation technique vital to the installation of positive suggestions, false identities and "implants" (as Hubbard called them).

I'm glad you realised that.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
An excerpt from a recent conversation I had with someone at the top of the bridge in Scientology.

My question:
Hypothetical; your daughter has a friend who leaves Scientology. Blows staff or something, gets declared. Your daughter refuses to disconnect. Your daughter gets declared. She is unwilling to do A to E herself, and she decided she is in disagreement with the practice of Disconnection in general and decides for philosophical/moral reasons she can no longer be a Scientologist, yet is not antipathetic to your being one. The church pressures you to handle or disconnect. She won't handle.

The answer:
"I would disconnect from my daughter in a heartbeat, if this were the case! Much as I love her and all. And I am not being glib about this answer. I know that sounds crazy to you probably but it is not if you look at the bigger picture on the track. I don’t want to be connected to someone who is SP. Just not worth it. I don’t care how close I was to them. I care about the MANY lifetimes ahead of me. I also know the misery in being connected to SP’s. Not worth it to me. It would clearly be anti-social for her to let this get that far. It’s too easy to handle at earlier points without going to this drama point.

I figure I only “borrow” this being this lifetime anyway. They are an individual just like me. My spiritual freedom forever is much more important than any connection this lifetime. Not only that but I have been around people who have some heavy shit like that going on. They suck your attention, make you constantly be in a problem with them and I just don’t care to live my life like this. It’s too easy to have theta being who genuinely care about others around you to bother with this crap. Family or no family. If that person is SOCIAL they would never get themselves into a position of being Declared this day and age anyway. It’s a damned low condition and they HAVE to have some serious o/w they are not willing to get off to do so. It is my OBSERVATION that people who get into this have some crimes they are covering up. NO question about it."

I'm so glad I wasn't put into this position. I take that back, I sort of was. My ex went type III and was Declared SP (I know that doesn't make sense). I was told to disconnect from her or I'll get Declared. She had gotten in a super bad car accident about a month before getting Declared and OSA knew this before Declaring her (I know that doesn't make sense. She was basically Declared for being PTS to herself causing the accident and dev-T and grief for everyone). I was told by OSA (Beth something) that I had to disconnect from her or I wouldn't ever get my OT levels. She was in hospitals for severe head injury (for 6 months!) in our city with no other family around. And OSA wanted me to disconnect from her (and not help her coordinate with doctors, hospitals, rehab, her family, insurance companies, everything!). I had written IJC and even ED Int and OSA with the extent of her injuries and they gave no answer answers.

Oh, and we have two daughters. I was supposed to keep this "SP" away from them. I "snuck" behind OSA's back to help her and have kids see her. I am so glad I didn't disconnect! Bottom line, this was violating my personal integrity, even if it cost me my bridge, I wouldn't do it. But I found it hard at the time. It really presented me with quite the GPM (a big ol' mass of confusion to keep it simple) but disconnecting wasn't an option to me.

Fortunately, I did disconnect from the SP's. OSA. And Scientology. And all points in between. I am so glad I finally woke up! What an insane, insane, insane group!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'm so glad I wasn't put into this position. I take that back, I sort of was. My ex went type III and was Declared SP (I know that doesn't make sense). I was told to disconnect from her or I'll get Declared. She had gotten in a super bad car accident about a month before getting Declared and OSA knew this before Declaring her (I know that doesn't make sense). I was told by OSA (Beth something) that I had to disconnect from her or I wouldn't ever get my OT levels. She was in hospitals for severe head injury (for 6 months) in our city with no other family around. And OSA wanted me to disconnect from her (and not help her coordinate with doctors, her family, insurance companies, etc.). I had written IJC and even ED Int and they gave no answer answers.

Oh, and we have two daughters. I was supposed to keep this "SP" away from them. I "snuck" behind OSA's back to help her and have kids see her. I am so glad I didn't disconnect! Bottom line, this was violating my personal integrity, even if it cost me my bridge, I wouldn't do it. But I found it hard at the time. It really presented me with quite the GPM (a big ol' mass of confusion to keep it simple) but disconnecting wasn't an option to me.

Fortunately, I did disconnect from the SP's. OSA. And Scientology. And all points in between. I am so glad I finally woke up!

Un Fucking Believable!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes Paul, there is more to this letter which continues to shock along this line. A real life example and explanation was given as a follow up to the last paragraph. Apparently my hypothetical question was almost dead on, however in real life, worse. Parents lost a child over this. A family was shattered. (They were being "anti-social")

I'll probably just leave it at that, as she is (was) a friend (wow, this opens a whole new conversation with myself about her and others like her) and would *probably* object (go ape shit) if she knew I was sharing her letter with the whole world.

Fair enough. Tricky, isn't it? Personally I don't really have any relationships left with churchies, so I don't get into heart-rending conflicts and choices.

Paul

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Un Fucking Believable!

Wot he said.
I keep thinking that nothing these cretins do will surprise me any more, but I still feel disgust when I read posts like these. I guess that means I'm a wog, er, I mean human.............:happydance:

Hats off to TMA for sticking with his personal integrity. :clap: :hattip:

Pixie

Crusader
There are no "lifetimes", there is now and only and forever will be. Conditions give credence to time, a dangerous enterprise in dealings with fellow beings. Maybe you can roll the ball uphill. Don't try it with people.

:omg: Nexus! You're back!! :hug: Great to have you here again!! :thumbsup:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Blowing the "GPM"

I'm so glad I wasn't put into this position. I take that back, I sort of was. My ex went type III and was Declared SP (I know that doesn't make sense). I was told to disconnect from her or I'll get Declared. She had gotten in a super bad car accident about a month before getting Declared and OSA knew this before Declaring her (I know that doesn't make sense. She was basically Declared for being PTS to herself causing the accident and dev-T and grief for everyone). I was told by OSA (Beth something) that I had to disconnect from her or I wouldn't ever get my OT levels. She was in hospitals for severe head injury (for 6 months!) in our city with no other family around. And OSA wanted me to disconnect from her (and not help her coordinate with doctors, hospitals, rehab, her family, insurance companies, everything!). I had written IJC and even ED Int and OSA with the extent of her injuries and they gave no answer answers.

Fortunately, I did disconnect from the SP's. OSA. And Scientology. And all points in between. I am so glad I finally woke up! What an insane, insane, insane group!

All that "tech" Ron worried over and wrote about on "GPM" handling, and the solution to the scientology GPM is just so simple:

Lose the GOAL to continue up the scientology Bridge.

Then the whole "GPM" (GOAL PROBLEM MASS) dissipates -- what a wonderful feeling of relief!

Good on you, TMA, for refusing to do the wrong thing and standing by those you love. :thumbsup:

Feral

Rogue male

TMA, Again, I am stunned.

You have my deepest admiration.

Feral

Rogue male
I realized the other day that the purpose of the OT eligibility process is to cement loyalty to the cult ONLY.

Those who show some kind of other-loyalty to themselves, their families, their co-workers, etc. that conflicts or distracts in any way with loyalty to CofS are discarded and not invited until they relinquish those loyalties and become loyal to the cult ONLY.

The Pre-OT has their attention on getting the OT Level. But the real process is being run on them during the eligibility procedure. With their attention on the OT Level they want and are reaching for, Ron is installing what he really wants installed in the Scientologist.

It's a prestidigitation technique vital to the installation of positive suggestions, false identities and "implants" (as Hubbard called them).

I was going to say that it is not so black and white....but you are so close to the mark it hurts....I have personally been through over 19 intensives of eligibility.

A lot of time is taken up molding you into a citizen, following rules,model parent, pay all tax, no speeding, nothing irregular in the sack....but when it comes to any of those issues being pursued to the exculion of the cult, then to hell with them, after all that which helps the cult is automatically the greatest good!

Gawd help us.