What's new

A Coup Against Miscavige if Tommy Tells the Truth?

Poison Ivy

Patron
We've discussed this many times.

And no public Scientologists have sufficient interest or ambition to run the joint. Not even the whales. So they're out.

This answers my question...though if I were a whale or a public, I'd be really pissed off about where my money was going all this time.

Someone here posted quite wisely that if DM were to leave his Pope post that he would no longer have access to "free" legal counsel to defend him in litigation. And if modern patterns should be projected, he can expect to spend the rest of his life being sued.

And after he's been sued and sued and sued, he may become the target of even more aggressive efforts to right past wrongs. Tsk tsk.

So I think he'll stick around for as long as he possibly can. I think being Pope of Scientology under any conditions is preferrable to any other situation he could create for himself in any country in the world

Very, very true. But I think this, alone would piss me off if I were a whale and became aware of it.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
But according to Mike Rinder and others, Tommy admitted that Tom Cruise beat him up (on DM's orders?). He was verbally abused by COB constantly, as evidenced by John Sweeney during the whole Panorama fiasco (recovered text messages that prove horrendous verbal abuse of Tommy and others assigned to "handle" Sweeney.) I think he also got slammed after the first time he blew, with months of sec checking from hell (during which time he found true love, so it couldn't have been that horrific, I guess...)

I hope he does venture on to the Internetz...what a world of possibility awaits him here! :eyeroll:

I got physically beaten up tons of times in the Sea Org. just not by COB. Just in regular duties on my post. There is physical aggression from more than just David M. I stayed on for years after that. It is so normal that in my story, I don't think I talked about it hardly at all.

Lot's of Sea Org members have been subjected to months of sec checking, RPFing, aggressiveness and they still stay on. Or if they do leave, they apologize and try to make good with the group and become public.

The belief that one is doing THE BEST THING for society overrides everything else that has gone on. The bigger purpose.

----

My point is aggression in the Sea Org alone is not something that I think would make the die-hard long-term guys wake up and walk out.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
My understanding also...but perhaps there are those on the outside who wish to stop flushing their money down the endless black hole of COB's ass?

Even if there was some way to kick DM off the throne, there wouldn't be an "outsider" taking over.

It doesn't work that way.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Even if there was some way to kick DM off the throne, there wouldn't be an "outsider" taking over.

It doesn't work that way.

Poison Ivy,
No-one is trying to pick on you. You have a very good point and all of us have a keg of beer and are hashing it out here.... know what I mean? :coolwink:

We tryin' to ponder on it too...

------

It would have to be a Sea Org member. That is a given. Beyond that, I have no clue.

Hey, maybe my mom! :dieslaughing:

Poison Ivy

Patron
I got physically beaten up tons of times in the Sea Org. just not by COB. Just in regular duties on my post. There is physical aggression from more than just David M. I stayed on for years after that. It is so normal that in my story, I don't think I talked about it hardly at all.

Lot's of Sea Org members have been subjected to months of sec checking, RPFing, aggressiveness and they still stay on. Or if they do leave, they apologize and try to make good with the group and become public.

The belief that one is doing THE BEST THING for society overrides everything else that has gone on. The bigger purpose.

----

My point is aggression in the Sea Org alone is not something that I think would make the die-hard long-term guys wake up and walk out.

So sorry to hear about your experiences. Very hard for a never-in to fathom...but totally understand the mind-fuck they lay on you that you "pulled it in." Glad you're out.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
My understanding also...but perhaps there are those on the outside who wish to stop flushing their money down the endless black hole of COB's ass?

Not quite sure you would say "those on the outside" wishing...aren't they on the 'outside' because of and not flushing their money down the toilet? Maybe I've misinterpreted what you're saying. But I do think those in FZ land might be the ones who would try and get in and get things straightened out?!?

I say that cautiously cause I'm definitely not sure of just what they could straighten out, other than getting the con back going in a more favorable light?!?

That'd be a very tough road to try and build - :eyeroll:

Poison Ivy

Patron
Poison Ivy,
No-one is trying to pick on you. You have a very good point and all of us have a keg of beer and are hashing it out here.... know what I mean? :coolwink:

We tryin' to ponder on it too...

------

It would have to be a Sea Org member. That is a given. Beyond that, I have no clue.

Hey, maybe my mom! :dieslaughing:

Thanks, Bea. I didn't feel picked on. I'm a never-in but I've had my own share of horrendous real life experiences that make me pretty empathetic to y'all.

This is just a question I really felt best for the real exes to ponder, not the critics. It's just amazing to me that DM gets to continue his unopposed rule...given that he's running the entire Scientology "brand" as well as its finances into the ground. In a corporation, he'd long ago have been ousted by the board.

Of course, that's why it's convenient to be "Chairman of the Board" when you are the ONLY one on the board!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
He who inherits the mantle inherits a world of trouble.
The only workable "solution" is for Ron to return and pick up the reins.
Once scientologists are convinced that the new Ron is the real Ron (and, believe me, scientologists can believe anything if they try hard enough) all else will be possible; tech revision, policy change, practice reform, moral and ethical correction etc.
The CofS needs a Second Coming.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I would love to see the Cabbage fall. But there has been a lot of court cases for scientology and the Cabbage and its still there.

The good side of the coin is that most people are kind of inoculated when it comes to Scientology, not alot of people buy into it anymore.

Gib

Crusader
Who is left?

Really. I am curious.

Who is there to take over?

From my understanding, they are all in the hole. And those in the hole have no idea about any of this going on.

Nor do any other SO members. They do not watch TV, no news, nothing. Zero media.

So who then? Everyone else is SP declared. Or out. Or posting here!

Well, if there was a coup,

I don't think it would be in terms of somebody taking over and replacing DM as "the leader". I believe that's the problem, he made himself "the leader".

Probably the best thing would be to institute the correct checks and balances in the int management level. That would mean there is no one person in charge. But an actual Board of members.

But since I don't believe in the tech anymore, I'd rather have it all just go by the wayside.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well, if there was a coup,

I don't think it would be in terms of somebody taking over and replacing DM as "the leader". I believe that's the problem, he made himself "the leader".

Probably the best thing would be to institute the correct checks and balances in the int management level. That would mean there is no one person in charge. But an actual Board of members.

But since I don't believe in the tech anymore, I'd rather have it all just go by the wayside.

Yes to the wayside would be good and who better than Daveypoo to drive the cart over the cliff?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Once scientologists are convinced that the new Ron is the real Ron (and, believe me, scientologists can believe anything if they try hard enough) all else will be possible; tech revision, policy change, practice reform, moral and ethical correction etc.

You know this is funny but it's absolutely TRUE.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

This made me laugh. Can you see some puffed up --- staff member, sea org, public --- with an overwhelming sense of "knowing" that he/she is, indeed, LRH reincarnated and bursting at the seams with a sense of duty to take the reins? Well, gee whiz, little Davey didn't even finish high school and was practically a kid when he took over and just look at the megalomaniac! It could happen again. Perhaps some would leave but many scios would fall for it hook, line and sinker, all over again!

Although many scios are likely getting 'uncomfortable' they are still in or out when push comes to shove - meaning when they are threatened with being cut off from friends and family. That is the moment of truth for many and many Scios will do just about anything not to be alienated if they have yet to fully realize for themselves the scam that is scientology. If they are still hanging onto hope for their eternity they will stay in. And if such a bloated and convincing person plays hero, this will be just what they need to keep on believing.

I do hope that scn. just crumbles to the ground and people realize they are, indeed, finally free! But the money...who gets the money?? Maybe it could get divvied up among all the scientologists who are yet un-refunded, in proportion to what they paid in / or time served. But slim to no chance for that, I think.

Oh, and the NEW LRH will have been verified in session. It will be a very hush, hush thing but with rumors flying (as is usual :eyeroll:) and then there will be a big event for the announcement!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
There's a way out for Miscavige! - Because, according to L.Ron Hubbard, one can do a 'Walk In', which is one 'thetan' (soul, spirit, person) taking over another persons body.. So Miscavige could do the 'posession jitters'.. You know, shaking and turning the whites out of his eyes. Then making his voice dark and somber, like Ron, and say: I'm Baaaack!!!

You think Scientologists would believe that?

:unsure:

I admire your honesty now, Good Twin. :clap:

If this is true for Tommy, it's very sad. I'm just wondering when those who were so abused by Miscavige - even if they're still "believers" - will see that lying to protect Miscavige has nothing to do with their "religion."

Sorry, I got carried away, and now see that my post is off topic....but FWIW:

I would like to know how many reasons Davis has to lie and how many reasons he has to tell the truth.

Protecting or not protecting:
DM
Himself
His family
His/his family current and future money
L Ron Hubbard
The tech
The planet
Mankind (except all the SPs)
Eternity

Not wanting to help Marty
Not wanting to help Mosey
Not wanting to help all the SP 'out there'.
Psychs
Xenu

He will need to consider short term gain and long term gain,
short term damage, long term damage.

He will need to do some serious spreadsheets and flow charts to see how lies or truth will affect all those areas. He will need it on software that he can refer to when he is deposed, to see precisely which questions can be answered with the truth and which questions need a lie, or forgetfulness.
He will need the software to synthesize it all to keep the false truth consistent. He will need previous statements in or out of court to be integrated and have strategies to deal with them when they are referenced.

Most people (who are not scientologists) would say "Fuck it, I will have to tell the truth, but I will tell as little as possible.

His family will be all messed up and fraught, too.

And: He does know that he has lied a lot and is trained to lie, but as Goodtwin pointed out there will be a lot of lies that he thinks is truth.

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Again, not being a Scientologist but having read a hell of a lot (and also about other cults), I doubt "What To Do When All Else Fails" was ever even considered a Hubbard policy. It seems he was increasingly reactive toward the end of his life, coming up with new policies and changes to serve his circumstances . . .

L Ron Hubbard had many moments in his career when it came down to ""What To Do When All Else Fails". Read some biographies and it quickly becomes apparent that if there is one constant in his dissolute life it is that of constant reinvention. Wog world came close several times to putting a stop to the fraud. Perhaps the closest was in the late 1970s with the Julie Christofferson-Tichbournes (et al) proceedings which resulted in the massive corporate sort out which was the answer then to "what to do when all else fails". In short, L Ron Hubbard was constantly reactive and always coming up with new policies and changes to serve his circumstances.

Because he is Source and his work can't be changed, that doesn't really leave COB much room to come up with sweeping new "Life boat" policies. He can only make the old ones more draconian in scope.

L Ron Hubbard's modus operandi has always been draconian and there is nothing David Miscavige has done which is beyond Scientology policy and/or the personal example of L Ron Hubbard. It is true, however, that L Ron Hubbard's tech cannot be dramatically changed. With this in mind, we can probably expect a repeat of what has happened before. In other words, I'm picking David Miscavige to "resign" (but not really) and some numpty put up in his place. Alternatively, David Miscavige and his enablers may well be turfed out and we shall see a return to the fold of all those ousted over the last few years. There are many who labour under the illusion that Scientology would be great if it wasn't for David Miscavige. If that's the case, we might even see a return to the franchise model. Either way, wog world can expect a sustained apology along with claims like "it was a few rotten eggs, we've learned our lessons, we'll do as we're told, come on back, its all been sorted out". Except, as we know from the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, it will simply be a case of "meet the new boss, just like the old boss."

On the other hand, perhaps we will see the end of Scientology as we know it. Surely the primary scam has had its day, I mean Xenu is long out of the bag, perhaps now is the time for its enablers to cash-in. If that's the plan, the less pesky public and idle staff around to get in the way, the better. Might as well drag it out for as long as possible, squeeze the last penny out, and shed as many hangers-on as possible while securing the escape routes. David Miscavige and a few others are "loose ends" and could meet with unfortunate accidents or the perp-walk, probably around about the same time the cash reserves, trademarks, and real estate holdings evaporate into some labyrinthine legal artifice, along with the PC folders, and lists of corrupt officials and politicians. The Mafia call that caper a "bust out".

TL/DR: I am grateful to you for this opportunity to speculate, L Ron Hubbard was always a chameleon, I believe a focus on David Miscavige is a distraction from the ultimate aim of bringing about an end to the abuses of Scientology and delivering justice to those who cry out for it, we are, indeed, in interesting times, and Scientology is well-behind schedule for another metamorphosis.

still here

Patron with Honors
I also thought about this.

I really like your fresh eyes Poison!

I don't think a coup would ever happen. You have to realise that those in and around COB believe him to be the "one". He has for years lead and protected and expanded. (or so they think). Any feeling that he may be losing it, be mad as a hatter or dangerous...hits the idea that the person thinking it has evil purposes, is evil and needs to be sec checked, punished or put in the hole.

I don't remember ever being upset or worried about being sec checked, it was what was required to keep Scientology safe. In retrospect it is a different matter of course.

Any coup would risk the masses (SO and public and celebs - rising in horror). They could never achieve it unless they had exceptional planning, a strategy and a very good shore story and could assume the mantle, and were very clever. I am not convinced any one with those qualities is left , and they would need to get lots of people on side before the coup, and even the mention is treasonous and likely to be reported. The Hitler attempt had to resort to - just blow him up!

I also thought about Ron returning. It seemed the obvious thing - billion year contract - Target 2 research completed, lots of new tech to sell etc etc......Then I realised this could never happen. Whoever it was that DM anointed as the real Ron..(as he would hold the cards - it would have to be announced by him) The new Ron could easily oust DM if he wanted power (even if he started out just as a patsy - or a child...once he realised why settle for DM dummy??) think of the power he could control...there is no one DM could ever risk it with, hence NO new Ron, EVER.

However, not having a new Ron, running the place himself, has worked for many years - he may be losing long term, losing public and staff. He may have made awful decisions, legally, PR wise and financially, (Ideal Orgs)? However he is still there and still controls it all.
He is all they have.

I don't see it changing unless HE chooses to change it.

Still

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
L Ron Hubbard had many moments in his career when it came down to ""What To Do When All Else Fails". Read some biographies and it quickly becomes apparent that if there is one constant in his dissolute life it is that of constant reinvention. Wog world came close several times to putting a stop to the fraud. Perhaps the closest was in the late 1970s with the Julie Christofferson-Tichbournes (et al) proceedings which resulted in the massive corporate sort out which was the answer then to "what to do when all else fails". In short, L Ron Hubbard was constantly reactive and always coming up with new policies and changes to serve his circumstances.

L Ron Hubbard's modus operandi has always been draconian and there is nothing David Miscavige has done which is beyond Scientology policy and/or the personal example of L Ron Hubbard. It is true, however, that L Ron Hubbard's tech cannot be dramatically changed. With this in mind, we can probably expect a repeat of what has happened before. In other words, I'm picking David Miscavige to "resign" (but not really) and some numpty put up in his place. Alternatively, David Miscavige and his enablers may well be turfed out and we shall see a return to the fold of all those ousted over the last few years. There are many who labour under the illusion that Scientology would be great if it wasn't for David Miscavige. If that's the case, we might even see a return to the franchise model. Either way, wog world can expect a sustained apology along with claims like "it was a few rotten eggs, we've learned our lessons, we'll do as we're told, come on back, its all been sorted out". Except, as we know from the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, it will simply be a case of "meet the new boss, just like the old boss."

On the other hand, perhaps we will see the end of Scientology as we know it. Surely the primary scam has had its day, I mean Xenu is long out of the bag, perhaps now is the time for its enablers to cash-in. If that's the plan, the less pesky public and idle staff around to get in the way, the better. Might as well drag it out for as long as possible, squeeze the last penny out, and shed as many hangers-on as possible while securing the escape routes. David Miscavige and a few others are "loose ends" and could meet with unfortunate accidents or the perp-walk, probably around about the same time the cash reserves, trademarks, and real estate holdings evaporate into some labyrinthine legal artifice, along with the PC folders, and lists of corrupt officials and politicians. The Mafia call that caper a "bust out".

TL/DR: I am grateful to you for this opportunity to speculate, L Ron Hubbard was always a chameleon, I believe a focus on David Miscavige is a distraction from the ultimate aim of bringing about an end to the abuses of Scientology and delivering justice to those who cry out for it, we are, indeed, in interesting times, and Scientology is well-behind schedule for another metamorphosis.

My opinion is that the official church will be closed, assets seized, somehow most of the funds will end up in IRS vaults, a certain small person will be put in Guantanamo bay in an orange jump suit and an as yet unspecified indy chap will inherit the remaining field and staff which will prosper for a couple of years and then slowly fade away.