Re: A Current Affair on Fair Work

Thanks for being on the job, Zhent !!!!!:thumbsup:

More news for cult-busters tonight - all good.:biggrin:

And yes, a nice job by Dean.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

pollywog

Patron with Honors

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/investigations/8298149/scientology-fair-work-scandal

Comments are open, but I cant find the documents which were mentioned on the show (scn responses etc).

There were no actual links to docs, they just set forth the Co$ response in full:

"It is inappropriate for the Church to make comment on the claims of former volunteers and religious ministers of the Church of Scientology, given that they have filed formal complaints with the Fair Work Ombudsman and that investigation is now in progress. This should be allowed to run its course.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has not handed down any findings and has requested all parties keep confidential the interim findings.

All religious work for the Church of Scientology is done by volunteers and their period of religious service helping others and engaging in community work such drug education; literacy and numeracy programs; health; human rights promotion and disaster relief is also a manifestation of their religious beliefs.

This is no different to many other charities and religions in Australia, which rely upon the generosity of their volunteer workers and ours do so freely, wishing to help their Church and community.

The Church of Scientology was declared a bona fide religion by the High Court of Australia in 1983."

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow. It's a great piece. Dean, you're a jet!

I think Nick Xenophon might be pissed, though. I'm pretty sure he did not agree to footage of him being part of any story published before the final report comes down.

I wonder if ACA will get an SRA.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

There were no actual links to docs, they just set forth the Co$ response in full:

"It is inappropriate for the Church to make comment on the claims of former volunteers and religious ministers of the Church of Scientology, given that they have filed formal complaints with the Fair Work Ombudsman and that investigation is now in progress. This should be allowed to run its course.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has not handed down any findings and has requested all parties keep confidential the interim findings.

All religious work for the Church of Scientology is done by volunteers and their period of religious service helping others and engaging in community work such drug education; literacy and numeracy programs; health; human rights promotion and disaster relief is also a manifestation of their religious beliefs.

This is no different to many other charities and religions in Australia, which rely upon the generosity of their volunteer workers and ours do so freely, wishing to help their Church and community.

The Church of Scientology was declared a bona fide religion by the High Court of Australia in 1983."

:blah::blah:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I've heard the Lateline segment will be a cracker.:thumbsup:

Tuesday night, OSA's stats take a battering.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Time for a "special briefing to the field" eh? :roflmao:

Time for another lamb to be sacrificed to the RPF, more likely.:yes:

How's the sleeping under the desk working out for you, OSA ANZObots?:hysterical:

Or - you could just blow now, and bring docs.:coolwink:

Me? I'm just :drama:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron

Time for a "special briefing to the field" eh?
Time for another lamb to be sacrificed to the RPF, more likely :yes:
How's the sleeping under the desk working out for you, OSA ANZObots?
Or - you could just blow now, and bring documents.
:drama:

Hey OSA, when you dream tonight, think of how much beans & rice you will buy when you recieve worker's comp(ensation).

ClamSource

Patron with Honors

Ok. So it would be inappropriate to comment. But they will anyway. You couldn't make this stuff up.