What's new

A Fatal Flaw?

Terril park

Sponsor
Just did a search of the key terms and found the post. There's so much malarkey coming from the Indie&FZ world of Scientology that it sometimes becomes forgettable. In any event, I stand corrected, in as much as you did state a few days ago that you no longer were. It is interesting, nonetheless, that your name disappeared from the IFA Org Board soon after it was mentioned on ESMB that you held that post - and that was a while back.

Poof!

That's one heck of a coincidence.

Unless you check the status of the IFA org board daily you can't
really say if it was a coincidence. You probably mean it happened in the same month or quarter. And maybe it did. I don't know or care. Was nothing to
do with what happens on ESMB.

In fact I was asked to be " Deputy ED" of IFA, however I'd posted
the Unindoctrinate essay to the " exec council". Umbrage was taken
in some quarters.

However, don't worry, I've just been doing the same thing as I always,
have done, promote the FZ.

And to Kookaburra, I too have nothing against freezoners. :)

Terril park

Sponsor
I'll let Pooks correct this for me if it needs it, but, as far as I know 'unindoctrinate' *is* pooks, who as unindoctrinate posted the essay that was the result of her discussions with someone else.

Whether that's an important distinction or not I don't know (or particularly care.)

Zinj

Really? I'd be suprised. I believe the genesis was during the time we
were all posting on beliefnet, Pooks with a different handle. Unindoctrinate
had long tech discussions with a churchie with the handle " Veteran".
Pooks was more admin than tech.

Winnie the Pooh

Terril, I don't have time to read all of your long post just now but it's very good. I cringed every time I read Ron's denunciation of democracy jn KSW and I'm grateful for your salient comments. You overlooked one it's greatest blessings. With the odd exception of The Falklands War, democracies don't make war on one another. But democracy still suxx. As Churchill said "Democracy is the worst possible form of government. Except for all the others."

Terril park

Sponsor
I'll let Pooks correct this for me if it needs it, but, as far as I know 'unindoctrinate' *is* pooks, who as unindoctrinate posted the essay that was the result of her discussions with someone else.

Whether that's an important distinction or not I don't know (or particularly care.)

Zinj

Really? I'd be suprised. I believe the genesis was during the time we
were all posting on beliefnet, Pooks with a different handle. Unindoctrinate
had long tech discussions with a churchie with the handle " Veteran".
Pooks was more admin than tech.

Chris Thompson

The Flaws Are In Hubbard

@Scooter, Good and interesting analysis. I like your research on the "major premise" of Scientology and the very good breakdown of KSW. To help myself understand any of the religions I've been involved, I've found your analysis or search for the major premise helpful.

Christianity has as its major premise the blood of Christ.
Islam has as its major premise the unification of the world under Sharia.
Buddhism has its eight-fold path.
Hinduism has its karma and caste.
The Mormons have their good works doctrine.
Scientology has its KSW.

I have some similar conclusions. But rather than list the ways I agree with scooter's analysis and with his weaving of more ARC rather than less as the path to enlightenment on this subject thread, I will only briefly comment about religion in general.

It is my opinion that man exists on earth with the purpose to work out his own understanding of his own existence. This is spirituality. Then when one person begins to tell another what his spirituality is -- you have religion.

The Fatal Flaw of Scientology and of all religion is "evaluation" -- telling you what or how to think. Weirdly to me is that KSW, Scientology's most sacred scripture, contains Scientology's most major flaw.
The second fatal flaw of religion is lying about itself.
Fatal flaws are legion as there an infinite number of ways to do something wrong. But, all other fatal flaws in religion lie below these in importance.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Terril's description of KSW # 1 was quite sufficient.

I don't understand digging deeeper.

no trespassing on these premises

Many different statements could be advanced as the major premise of christianity. It is unlikely many would have said "The Blood of Christ" in the first millenium A.D. as the crucification rarely appeared in church art in the first thousand years. The word "Christ" literally means "The Annointed One" so by definition the major premise is that Jesus of Nazareth is The Annointed One. Whereas many before him and very many since have made vain claim to the title only to be little noticed and soon forgotten History indisputedly annoits him. And unless you give credence to the idea this endurance is the result of Markabian implants it makes a very strong case for Divine Annointment.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
When you think about helping each other - which one would suppose is an end result we sought - how often did that come from an individual stepping outside the rules to do so? Or how often did help come from within the organisation, as part of the group? I personally can't think of any examples of the latter.

The "help" that came from within the organization was given when the organization benefited from it.:omg:

For example: a couple with few children were introduced to Scientology and were put on the list of recruits for staff.

They lived in a small town and wanted to move to the city where the org was. So,one weekend,few staff members "volunteered" to help them make the move.

The couple were so impressed by the goodness and helpfulness of those staff members that they joined staff soon after.:bigcry:

Two or three years later,they moved to a different city and the wife told me that they wanted to move as far as they could from the cult.:D:clap:

Opter

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
The "help" that came from within the organization was given when the organization benefited from it.:omg:

For example: a couple with few children were introduced to Scientology and were put on the list of recruits for staff.

They lived in a small town and wanted to move to the city where the org was. So,one weekend,few staff members "volunteered" to help them make the move.

The couple were so impressed by the goodness and helpfulness of those staff members that they joined staff soon after.:bigcry:

Two or three years later,they moved to a different city and the wife told me that they wanted to move as far as they could from the cult.:D:clap:

Opter

I know of many similar stories to this, Opter.

There have been some scilons who've helped out just because they wanted to - but not many.

When Feral and Mrs Pattycake were doing the program with Courtney many years ago, no scilons turned up to help them. I wanted to but just had no time as I was on staff, had no car and lived a long way from them. It killed me that I couldn't help my friends. I dunno how many times I apologized to them for not getting there for them.:duh:

It's interesting to me that those sort of incidents to the average scilon simply turn the attention to how "everybody else" just needs to get up the Bridge and all will be well. But it makes for a very divided group that is ultra-willing to criticize each other, especially by writing KRs.

I know of no other "religion" that has perfected the Stasi method of government as well as the Hubbardites - and it's all done with "fixed dedicated glare" as well.:yes:

Unless the "Independants" throw away an awful lot of of "admin," I don't believe they'll survive long at all - they'll wind up cannibalizing their group just like every org staff and SO unit does.