A letter from a guy with Hubbard in the beginning

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was always an outsider to the organization, but a close observer none the less, as my brother met up with LRH around 1946. Brother dearest was immediately hooked.

Scn as you folk call it, became like a rodeo bronc, something no sane person would try to tame and ride. I saw my brother have a number of psychotic breaks throughout his apparently lifelong attachment to the church. And I mean, literally witnessed, not unlike the discovery of LRH hiding under his bed in a motel after flipping out.

Hi JB thanks for relaying your experiences.

Can you give any more details on the Psychotic breaks?

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quite a poem

The Scientologists' Prayer
Our Father, which art in Phoenix,
Hubbard be thy name.
Thy hair be red, Thy books be read,
In Kansas, as in Arizona,
Give us each week,
A new technique,
And forgive us our faults, As we mess up our clients.
And lead us not into bankruptcy, But deliver us from MONEY,
For thine is the Thetan, And the Engram,
And the writings forever, Amen.​

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wow, that's some read, I hadn't seen it before.

I do have to quote this... :biggrin:

The Scientologists' Prayer

Our Father, which art in Phoenix,
Hubbard be thy name.
Thy hair be red, Thy books be read,
In Kansas, as in Arizona,
Give us each week,
A new technique,
And forgive us our faults, As we mess up our clients.
And lead us not into bankruptcy, But deliver us from MONEY,
For thine is the Thetan, And the Engram,
And the writings forever, Amen.

RogerB

Crusader
Arnie,

What's missing here is the date that this wonderful missive was written.

It seems you obviously know the identity of the person who wrote it . . . this ought be preserved for future researchers and reference.

If the guy is alive and chooses not to be exposed, that is understandable . . . but I'd invite him to reconsider . . . the Cof$ wouldn't have a leg to stand on in terms of retaliation.

Challenge, this is you era of events . . . you probably met this fellow? Are you able to verify some of this?

RogerB

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Aberree - with similar Tales/Information about early members of Dianetics, who with sanity intact took the other fork in the road to dear Founder.

http://www.aberree.com/editions/index.html

page0001.png

Thus Hubbard got his first shock; something which had either been designed as a spoof or a con, (I believe the former; most everyone else of my acquaintances believes the latter), not only worked, but worked as he - the inventor - SAID it would work! So, whether he had intended it or not, he was stuck with writing "The Book." Again, his wife claimed it was entirely fiction; but fiction or not, it got a lot of people started, and a lot of people got a lot saner practically overnight. Neuroses vanished; people got well from an astounding array of diseases. A friend of ours whose back was completely ankylosed into a question mark, so that he had to walk with two canes, after fifteen hours with my father straightened up and went back to leading a dance band. An M.D. we knew lost his peripheral neuritis, endocarditis, and diabetes! (He gave himself a routine injection of Insulin, went into shock, and nearly died before he could eat a candy bar!) His hair, which had been snow white for over ten years, came back in as a honey blond. Speaking of hair, I worked with a man who was egg bald. After ten hours, he had a tonsure, and after thirty nearly a full head of hair. Harrison Angel had a mouth full of bad teeth, so he had them all pulled and grew a new set, using techniques he had developed from Dianetic theory; the new set came in crooked, so he had them pulled and grew another set, this time doing it right! A friend of my wife's had been born with a deformed toe. During one of her sessions, the crooked toe straightened out!

Does this guy actually believe someone grew an entire set of new teeth by using Hubbard's con game?

After all this time they still want to believe they were something other than victims of a hypnotist con man.

Some people who were conned by Hubbard in the early 1950s understand Hubbard was nothing but a con man and have moved on but I also notice a reoccurring theme among people who were victims of Hubbard's con game in the early 1950s, they want to believe at some point particularly when they were involved, it wasn't a con game, even though there isn't a single shred of evidence to support it was never anything but a con game ... they still want to believe in Hubbard's version of the 'Virgin Birth' and 'Walking On Water'. Some poor people are sop messed up by it they devote their lives searching for Hubbard's fantasies and pipe dreams in the Freezone only to end up going insane.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Arnie,

What's missing here is the date that this wonderful missive was written.

It seems you obviously know the identity of the person who wrote it . . . this ought be preserved for future researchers and reference.

If the guy is alive and chooses not to be exposed, that is understandable . . . but I'd invite him to reconsider . . . the Cof$ wouldn't have a leg to stand on in terms of retaliation.

Challenge, this is you era of events . . . you probably met this fellow? Are you able to verify some of this?

RogerB

I don't know who the guy is/was. I dunno if I knew him.
As for the text that he has written, I don't see anything that I disagree with, and most of it I already knew, and y'all do too if you have done due diligence on Dn/Scn past history.
I cannot speak to the specifics of who developed what tech that LRH claimed as his own. I do know that he did that, but I didn't ( and don't) care. Theory was/is not my interest. Application is my interest. That LRH was a plagerist is maybe the least of his transgressions.
Is there a specific that you want to know more about?

Challenge

RogerB

Crusader
I don't know who the guy is/was. I dunno if I knew him.
As for the text that he has written, I don't see anything that I disagree with, and most of it I already knew, and y'all do too if you have done due diligence on Dn/Scn past history.
I cannot speak to the specifics of who developed what tech that LRH claimed as his own. I do know that he did that, but I didn't ( and don't) care. Theory was/is not my interest. Application is my interest. That LRH was a plagerist is maybe the least of his transgressions.
Is there a specific that you want to know more about?

Challenge

No, thank you Challenge.

You answered all.

Rog

Challenge

No, thank you Challenge.

You answered all.

Rog

It occurred to me after I answered your message, that I had left out an answer that could be significant.
That answer has to do with the claims of miracles listed by the article's writer. He said some guy grew new teeth. Twice. That's a crock. We all reported exagerrated 'wins'. I mean, if you didn't get a "miracle", you were not 'one of us'.
I know that some peeps have grown new wisdom teeth. My daughter grew a new set of tonsils when hers were removed. I don't even see those things as "miracles" these days, not that uncommon.
It's not unlike the "wins" that are given today. Looked at from outside the Truman Show, they are ordinary, or even stoopid. Like the Lecturer who always talks about picking his car up and moving it, it never happened. I know him. He laughs about the lie and laughs at the audience who believes it.
I once told a "win" ( in about 1955) of having a couple moles disappear from my face. Truth was I had them removed by an M.D.
My daughter, when she was on HSDC and was 15 years old, hung her eyeglasses on the bulletin board, saying that she no longer neededm them. She was walking into walls and stumbling down stairways. She got new glasses soon after the big "win".
It was and is about status in the group, I think, and showing other scn'ists that we were Homo Novis. ( or whatever).

hth
love you. Roger.

Challenge

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
No doubt some of the claimed wins were bullshit. But I have myself experienced/seen some miracles which were not.

One girl came to me with Perthes disease which at her age - 14ish - was considered to have a poor prognosis. I audited her for about 25 hours on it and at the end she was running and jumping with no further medical treatment needed.

I had another boy who had progressivly deteriorating tunnel vision. Ran him on assists with particular reference to places and spaces he didn't like to be in, and got a 100% reversal of the condition.

A third person - this one not a preclear of my own - had miscarried three times in a row and was considered to be unlikely ever to be able to bring a baby to term. On her fourth pregnancy she started leeding one afternoon (the usual precursor to a miscarriage by her) and an auditor I know started in with touch assists and body comm processes which he continued with throughout the following night. By morning the bleeding had stopped and she went on to have that baby with no further complications plus two more children to follow after that one.

Fourth person - A recently married couple, she was nude in the kitchen make deep fry chips ( what Americans call French Fries and South Africans call "slap-chips") when the saucepan of oil blew up into flame and hot burning oil spilt all over the front of her body. The husband went to work with touch assists, also through most of the night, and kept gouing until every burn and welt was gone. I saw her the next day and there was not a mark on her from the burn.

Now these are four people I can put names to and who experienced what I have written. I could extend this list further if need but these will suffice.

Now I'm not saying that the guys really grew new teeth. I wasn't there. I have also known three people who were in Scio in those early years - one at Witchita and two from Phoenix - and all three told me that fantastic results (meaning results which others would regard as fantasy bullshit) were commonplace then.

Miracles are attainable.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now I'm not saying that the guys really grew new teeth. I wasn't there. I have also known three people who were in Scio in those early years - one at Witchita and two from Phoenix - and all three told me that fantastic results (meaning results which others would regard as fantasy bullshit) were commonplace then.

Miracles are attainable.

The guy could have audited Ron at Witchita he needed new teeth.

RogerB

Crusader
I'm with Leon on his observations, and also with Challenge as I've seen some fantasy stuff asserted as "wins" as well.

But the kinds of physical changes that Leon describes have occurred with processing. In 1968 in London a PC of mine did have a need for glasses eliminated following the complete handling of a long-term upset/ARCX. This was totally unexpected as an outcome of the session, as we weren't targeting "eyesight" . . . it was one hell of a Wow! though :happydance:

In my own case, a complete remission of chronic bronchial/breathing problems following the "blowing" of a past life incident of drowning in my own blood following being shot down through the chest (from above).

Rog

Challenge

Wow!

Had I seen miracles like that, I would prolly be in the FZ or be one of the Indies.

As it is, I will not contribute miracle stories to the tech which enslaves it's adherents, kidnaps, imprisons, sues, threatens, disconnects families, denies it's followers their human rights, and fair games those who do not toe it's line.

Challenge

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
All it needs is a safe supportive environment with no enturbulation from the S.O. nazis nor any KSW crap.

No doubt some of the claimed wins were bullshit. But I have myself experienced/seen some miracles which were not.

One girl came to me with Perthes disease which at her age - 14ish - was considered to have a poor prognosis. I audited her for about 25 hours on it and at the end she was running and jumping with no further medical treatment needed.

I had another boy who had progressivly deteriorating tunnel vision. Ran him on assists with particular reference to places and spaces he didn't like to be in, and got a 100% reversal of the condition.

A third person - this one not a preclear of my own - had miscarried three times in a row and was considered to be unlikely ever to be able to bring a baby to term. On her fourth pregnancy she started leeding one afternoon (the usual precursor to a miscarriage by her) and an auditor I know started in with touch assists and body comm processes which he continued with throughout the following night. By morning the bleeding had stopped and she went on to have that baby with no further complications plus two more children to follow after that one.

Fourth person - A recently married couple, she was nude in the kitchen make deep fry chips ( what Americans call French Fries and South Africans call "slap-chips") when the saucepan of oil blew up into flame and hot burning oil spilt all over the front of her body. The husband went to work with touch assists, also through most of the night, and kept gouing until every burn and welt was gone. I saw her the next day and there was not a mark on her from the burn.

Now these are four people I can put names to and who experienced what I have written. I could extend this list further if need but these will suffice.

Miracles are attainable.

http://www.triroc.com/sunnen/topics/psychosomatic.htm

I don't doubt that people get cured of psychosomatic illness with hypnosis, it was being done before Hubbard was even born. I wouldn't exactly call performing miracles, nor would I recommend anyone using any of Hubbard's quackery to do it, Hubbard one size fits all quackery has harmed far more people than it helped, especially when it's used as a gateway to his Upper OT levels, the only consistent result achieved from Hubbard's OT levels is insanity.

RogerB

Crusader
Wow!

Had I seen miracles like that, I would prolly be in the FZ or be one of the Indies.

As it is, I will not contribute miracle stories to the tech which enslaves it's adherents, kidnaps, imprisons, sues, threatens, disconnects families, denies it's followers their human rights, and fair games those who do not toe it's line.

Challenge

Yes, I'm with you on that, my love.

It is a criminal, warped enterprise.

But one ought say what one has experienced and witnessed; and the tragedy of it is that, for whatever reason there was something in it that attracted and held we sensible people as workable . . . then more and more of the truth was revealed and eventually all of the truth became known . . . and the fact of the matter is the evil of the monster far outweighs the good we felt was there, and so, as you say, it cannot be contributed to or otherwise supported.

Rog

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow!

Challenge

The "tech" does NOTHING. When a preclear gets better through auditing the one single and only source of that betterment is the preclear himself. Or herself.

The auditor uses the "tech" purely to structure his communications with the preclear and to direct the preclear's attention to certain areas of his mind. That's about all he does. More importantly than this though, is that he is there present with the preclear. One of the truest thing that LRH said was that in session "Auditor plus pc is greater than bank". A preclear without an auditor will have reduced confront and will flounder about getting nowhere.

The auditor does not perform any miracles, nor Hubbard involved in the session in any way. It is the preclear doing the work that accomplishes the result. And it is not hypnosis.

All of the stuff which
enslaves it's adherents, kidnaps, imprisons, sues, threatens, disconnects families, denies it's followers their human rights, and fair games those who do not toe it's line.
was done, not by any "tech" but by people who were otherwise than well-intentioned towards the wellbeing of their customers.

They may have used the idea of it being "tech" in order to justify their insanity, but that was just a justification for their crimes. I share your hatred of them.