What's new

A letter from a guy with Hubbard in the beginning

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Wow!

Had I seen miracles like that, I would prolly be in the FZ or be one of the Indies.

As it is, I will not contribute miracle stories to the tech which enslaves it's adherents, kidnaps, imprisons, sues, threatens, disconnects families, denies it's followers their human rights, and fair games those who do not toe it's line.

Challenge

Hello Challenge,

I also know of someone that went for an eye test (he wears glasses) and found he had to have the prescription reduced (that is quite rare apparently) and after a few years he was/is at the stage where he only wears them for driving.

Nothing to do with scio or any other tek, he just felt cared for apparently and listened to.

It's lovely, it's human contact and it works wonders (as you would already know).

:yes:

guanoloco

As-Wased
WOW! Nice read - has the con, the money, the plagiarism, the criminal stuff, the bombastic arrogance - right from the get go!

I especially liked these two quotes...

The double whammy of losing his daughter and his Foundations literally destroyed him. He flipped. There is no kinder term for it. He vanished. Several concerned Dianuts (as we laughingly called ourselves) set out in search of him. Don Purcell, a Kansas Oil man, and Jack Maloney, the Foundation's Accountant, finally found him hiding under a bed in a hotel room in Cuba! (Remember, this was in 1951) He spun a fanciful, unbelievable yarn, about how he had been kidnapped by the Communists who wanted to know all the secrets of the human mind, and forced him, under torture, to reveal advanced techniques of brainwashing.

He also warned that the Communists planned to take over Cuba as an advance base for the conquest of the west, and that Batista's days were numbered. In retrospect, maybe someone should have listened to him! In any event, Don and Jack brought him to Wichita, gave him "Good present time" and a lot of Auditing, (the term 'processing' had not yet come into vogue), and cleaned him up to the point where he was his old arrogant self. Don told me, very seriously, "Never do Hubbard a favor; he'll not only never forgive you, he'll do his best to destroy you!"

The Phoenix gang at that time consisted of Hubbard, Elliot, Mary Sue Whip, (whom Ron later married), Alphia Hart, and Ross Lamoureaux. Hubbard later destroyed, or tried to destroy, them all, except Mary Sue. It did not pay to help Hubbard when he was down, because your presence later on reminded him of how things were. (If you think I am painting a picture of a severely aberrated individual, I am. He was. He was also a major genius, in developing ways to contact (or create) psychological phenomena. Genius is frequently mad.

Some time ago I read a biography on Adolph Hitler. This exact same behavior was manifested by Der Führer. At one point Hitler is penniless and destitute and staying at someone's house - totally worthless. He takes a pistol to his head and the homeowner stays the suicide and begs Hitler to remain for the cause and all that. Within 6 months Hitler has him, his wife and their children blindfolded and shot.

L. Ron Psycho!

What was all that stuff written about "help as betray" and such?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
(snip)

Now I'm not saying that the guys really grew new teeth. I wasn't there. I have also known three people who were in Scio in those early years - one at Witchita and two from Phoenix - and all three told me that fantastic results (meaning results which others would regard as fantasy bullshit) were commonplace then.

Miracles are attainable.

Re growing new teeth....

This is a story often told tongue in cheek by those who would prefer not to admit that they just purchased new dentures....

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
WOW! Nice read - has the con, the money, the plagiarism, the criminal stuff, the bombastic arrogance - right from the get go!

I especially liked these two quotes... (snip)

Some time ago I read a biography on Adolph Hitler. This exact same behavior was manifested by Der Führer. At one point Hitler is penniless and destitute and staying at someone's house - totally worthless. He takes a pistol to his head and the homeowner stays the suicide and begs Hitler to remain for the cause and all that. Within 6 months Hitler has him, his wife and their children blindfolded and shot.

L. Ron Psycho!

What was all that stuff written about "help as betray" and such?

Hubbard was described as a paranoid schizophrenic:

"[The court record is] "[The court record is] replete with evidence [that Scientology] is nothing in reality but a vast enterprise to extract the maximum amount of money from its adepts by pseudo scientific theories... and to exercise a kind of blackmail against persons who do not wish to continue with their sect.... The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder, --Judge Breckenridge, Los Angeles Superior Court ."
LINK

and

"She said doctors told her, her husband was suffering from a mental ailment "known as paranoid schizophrenia."
--Wife Sara Northrup Hubbard
LINK

There was an OSS (once classified) psychological profile done of Hitler, it is really quite a read...linked from this page LINK
Direct link (then goto page 20)
Adolf Hitler was classed as a 'paranoid schizophrenic.'

AND

L Ron Hubbard Jr made this statement:

"The same individual that transmitted the various Magick tech to Adolf Hitler as a young man also transmitted them to Dad. And like Dad, Hitler, when he came to power, promptly had his teachers and the occult field in general wiped out."
--L Ron Hubbard Jr -
1982 tape transcript of L Ron Hubbard Jr. LINK

RTC Logo:
pg402.jpg

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was described as a paranoid schizophrenic:

There was an OSS (once classified) psychological profile done of Hitler, it is really quite a read...linked from this page LINK
Direct link (then goto page 20)
Adolf Hitler was classed as a 'paranoid schizophrenic.'

I had difficulty with the link, i did find a downloadable pdf with the report
http://library.lawschool.cornell.ed...ctions/Donovan/Hitler/upload/Vol_XC_Sec_3.pdf

Hitlers traits mirror hubbards, and the policies he wrote for his orgs.

What insanity you can hide when directing attention to a cause.

Be a good project to have the picture style report converted into a quotable text document.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
The "tech" does NOTHING. When a preclear gets better through auditing the one single and only source of that betterment is the preclear himself. Or herself.

The auditor uses the "tech" purely to structure his communications with the preclear and to direct the preclear's attention to certain areas of his mind. That's about all he does. More importantly than this though, is that he is there present with the preclear. One of the truest thing that LRH said was that in session "Auditor plus pc is greater than bank". A preclear without an auditor will have reduced confront and will flounder about getting nowhere.

The auditor does not perform any miracles, nor Hubbard involved in the session in any way. It is the preclear doing the work that accomplishes the result. And it is not hypnosis.

All of the stuff which was done, not by any "tech" but by people who were otherwise than well-intentioned towards the wellbeing of their customers.

They may have used the idea of it being "tech" in order to justify their insanity, but that was just a justification for their crimes. I share your hatred of them.

If you think that I "hate" scn'ists, or scn for all that, you are quite wrong. I do not hate them. I pity the people who are currently calling themselves scn'ists. Were they scn'ists, they would not sit still for one minute before they tore DM's face off.
As for the "tech", I assume that you are referring to the "auditing tech", and disregarding the fact that the "ethics, tech, and admin" tech all lead to the same end.

Whatever your view. Here is mine:
I wish that everyone in the world would do a comm course. I wish that everyone in the world would get their Grades. I wish that everyone in the world would run Dianetics.

Surprised?

Challenge

Terril park

Sponsor
Whatever your view. Here is mine:
I wish that everyone in the world would do a comm course. I wish that everyone in the world would get their Grades. I wish that everyone in the world would run Dianetics.

Surprised?

Challenge

Figured that long ago.

Why I love you. :)

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is there any link to the original article Arnie, is this guy still alive?

This letter was a letter to the editor of The Spotlight Newspaper in 1993. I have uploaded a CD image file collection of much of the correspondence in the spotlight's SCIENTOLOGY file to this directory:

http://www.lermanet.com/members/cartofiles/

However, the files are numbered they are not named.. and there are a pile of them....including some interesting OSA correspondence on OSA Letterhead... but I have not gone through all of them.. (I started and then caught myself reading for hours....).. anyway, the image may be in that directory....

Enjoy...

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This letter was a letter to the editor of The Spotlight Newspaper in 1993. I have uploaded a CD image file collection of much of the correspondence in the spotlight's SCIENTOLOGY file to this directory:

http://www.lermanet.com/members/cartofiles/

However, the files are numbered they are not named.. and there are a pile of them....including some interesting OSA correspondence on OSA Letterhead... but I have not gone through all of them.. (I started and then caught myself reading for hours....).. anyway, the image may be in that directory....

Enjoy...

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

Thanks Arnie ill check it out.