A letter to Tory/Magoo

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Even though it's getting a little heated, I am enjoying this dialog! Lots of great posts!

My take regarding the M&M show has always been that they are an evolution in the deconstruction of Scientology. They are like a half-way house for addicts. Sort of a necessary evil. I do see them as liars, however, and not to be trusted until they get honest. But remember, they must lie to protect LRH's image, or the game would be completely over for them. They are still in the illusory world of True-Beliefism, and without protecting the facade of LRH as saviour of that world, the walls would come crashing down on them.

For those of us who have already experienced the crashing down of those walls, it can be easy to judge others still stuck in the illusion.

While trying to have compassion for both sides in this drama, I will stay glued to the show. It's better than anything on TV!

:D

Good post Wildkat!

I disagree with the need for a half way house of reinforced insanity. People have been successfully getting out of Scientology for as long as there has been a Scientology. And they have been doing it in droves and without any help from the three ring circus that is the Marty Show.

But people seem to think that just because marty has found a way to rope the dopes who still wish to believe and because he natters incessantly about DM he must be something useful.

Not really.

it is the submission of the will to the hubbardian control that leads inevitably to the evil that is Scientology. DM is just the product of Hubbard - and there are many like him, Marty included. Just look at the hate and vitriol that drips through the comments on the blog. The Creepy self satisfaction and mutual grooming. These are not people who are getting better - they are getting worse.

If Marty's approach was what you say it is - he himself would be "out". he's not.

That speaks volumes.

TAJ said in the OP that he does not subscribe to the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and I have stated exactly the same thing before in many different posts.

Marty is not an ally or a friend. It does not mean that he never will be one but his current activity as an apologist and excuser for Hubbard and an enabler for fools is not something I condone or support or tolerate.

The opponent, for me, is not DM.

it's Hubbard and his insane system.

byte301

Crusader
Good post Wildkat!

I disagree with the need for a half way house of reinforced insanity. People have been successfully getting out of Scientology for as long as there has been a Scientology. And they have been doing it in droves and without any help from the three ring circus that is the Marty Show.

But people seem to think that just because marty has found a way to rope the dopes who still wish to believe and because he natters incessantly about DM he must be something useful.

Not really.

it is the submission of the will to the hubbardian control that leads inevitably to the evil that is Scientology. DM is just the product of Hubbard - and there are many like him, Marty included. Just look at the hate and vitriol that drips through the comments on the blog. The Creepy self satisfaction and mutual grooming. These are not people who are getting better - they are getting worse.

If Marty's approach was what you say it is - he himself would be "out". he's not.

That speaks volumes.

TAJ said in the OP that he does not subscribe to the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and I have stated exactly the same thing before in many different posts.

Marty is not an ally or a friend. It does not mean that he never will be one but his current activity as an apologist and excuser for Hubbard and an enabler for fools is not something I condone or support or tolerate.

The opponent, for me, is not DM.

it's Hubbard and his insane system.

Great post, Mick. I agree.

All this talk about how Marty's getting out all these OT's and big wigs, blah blah blah. One...I don't believe it. Two...who cares if they are OT or big wigs as long as they're out? Three...I don't believe it.

I think you're right about them getting worse. They sure aren't getting any better from what I've seen.