What's new

A line in the sand

TG1

Angelic Poster
I think those who say dox or stfu should stfu themselves! Why should it be that if I say somebody else said something that should be held in higher regard than if I say something myself?

I question authority, I don't confirm it.

Helena

I don't think of "Dox of STFU" as a call to cite "an authority who said something authoritative" -- but as actual evidence that backs up a position someone is taking.

Person A - She's a criminal.

Person B - Dox or stfu!

Person A - Here's a court document showing there was a judgment against her in a criminal case.

Person B - Thank you.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

1 – OSA!

-snip-

First you say, "reboot," then - with slight prompting - you rehash.

?

Since you've opened the door, I'll ask:

Wasn't it Marty Rathbun, circa 2011, who told Emma that Zinj was OSA?

That was this Marty Rathbun:

rathbun1024x768.jpg

Who said stuff such as:

"...there are OSA operatives throughout the Anonymous network, ESMB site, the Freezone and Independents running backstabbing, covert propaganda campaigns while we are 'tied up' under siege. Just look for the 1.1s using the safe Independent Scientology space we are creating to promote such practices as no-training-needed to get onto OT levels, 'OT I and OT II are of little importance': especially coming from 'Class VIIIs','Class VIs' and folks claiming to be 'trained by Ron'. They may as well be saying 'Scientology is a fraud, because after all I studied it all, and violently disagree with the Bridge created by Ron'...

"...Cleaning up the image and damage that Miscavige has created for Scientology is not very difficult absent his gargantuan efforts to disrupt such work..."

Etc.

And not the later version of Marty Rathbun:

GuruMarty_zps1637da68.jpg

What the current version of Marty Rathbun is, I'm not sure.

Anyway, wasn't it Zinj being banned that led to Alanzo insisting that he be banned too?

TG1

Angelic Poster
Veda, I wasn't rehashing.

I was trying to be humorous, sparing neither side.

Sorry you didn't find it amusing.

You're now the one doing the rehashing.

See the difference?

TG1

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I don't think of "Dox of STFU" as a call to cite "an authority who said something authoritative" -- but as actual evidence that backs up a position someone is taking.

Person B - Dox or stfu!

Person A - Here's a court document showing there was a judgment against her in a criminal case.

Person B - Thank you.
Hmm.. I do have a gripe with this example.. Person A's assertion, and documetation looks a damn lot like OSA Bureau One work. :screwy:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Please feel free to offer other examples of dox or stfu.

There are thousands, millions!

TG1

P.S. The fictional example offered above (unless it involved counterfeit court documents) would actually be DOX.

Anonycat

Crusader
I'm on the edge of my seat now - I thought for a moment this thread would end up being about Marty or something, but now I see that anything could happen! This is getting exciting!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Yeh... I know.. And I'm half joking.. But OSA did produce, in 2008, a nifty little piece of 'entheta' video that was supposed to look like Anonymous did it, and they got an Anonymous arrested for it. OSA can 'document' that Gerry Armstrong and Arnie Lerma are 'criminals' that way too.

It's something to be aware of, when we're dealing with these scientology dorks.

:yes:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think those who say dox or stfu should stfu themselves! Why should it be that if I say somebody else said something that should be held in higher regard than if I say something myself?

I question authority, I don't confirm it.

Helena
Apply that to your love of LRH!

There are many points where I agree with LRH and many where I don't. But one thing I have never done is point to something he said as if to say no further explanation is needed (although I have seen this done many times). Just sayin'.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Person B - Dox or stfu!

Person B - Thank you.

Funny you should use that example. For what is a court document but something said by an authority (a judge) that says something authoritative? (Although I'm certainly not saying such a document should be automatically disregarded.)

A definition:

AUTHORITY -- that quality that permits someone (like a judge) to hurt someone (a defendant) without fear of being punished for doing so. Also an official absolution from retribution that permits an authority to act that way. Also that attitude assumed by those in authority (quoth Judge Judy: "In my opinion ... and my opinion is the only one that counts!")

:omg: How shocking! Aren't judges perfect? Isn't something a judge said automatically true because they are a judge? I don't think so. One only has to look at the complex system of appeals courts to realize the judicial system doesn't even trust itself to get it right every time.

Another definition:

JUDGEMENT -- the act of taking available information, often conflicting, attempting to decide which is more representative of reality, forming an opinion, then presenting that opinion as a definitive fact, not to be questioned.

As you may have guessed by now, I have very little respect for the legal system. (And no, I am not a criminal, having done nothing worse than an occaisional traffic violation. One does not have to be a criminal to recognize a broken system.) And how would I fix it? I'm afraid I don't have an answer for this, except that for starters I would get rid of the adversary system. "Whom do you believe" is a poor basis for deciding justice -- after all, how many actors do you find in prison?

Another source of authority that most people accept is those who write books. (After all, what are the first six letters of authority?) Just because you wrote a book doesn't mean what you're saying is true. However, I have a bit more sympathy for this group -- I intend to write books myself someday.

I'm sure to catch a lot of heat for this post.

Helena

TG1

Angelic Poster
:)

You're not going to catch any heat from me, Helena.

I like your contrarianism.

TG1

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Yeh... I know.. And I'm half joking.. But OSA did produce, in 2008, a nifty little piece of 'entheta' video that was supposed to look like Anonymous did it, and they got an Anonymous arrested for it. OSA can 'document' that Gerry Armstrong and Arnie Lerma are 'criminals' that way too.

SchwimmelPuckel, I think I was shown that video in 2008. I think you are saying that it was not Anonymous making the phone calls in the video, it was OSA that created simulated calls. If so, what is the evidence for that? If this is general knowledge then my apologies, but I do generally have a "d...u" viewpoint. Thanks - HT

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
No it was not. And yes you are rehashing.

Ah, memories!!!:biggrin:

Those were the days when I was just a brainwashed stooge trying to sabotage the Oz Senate Inquiry on behalf of Emma and Feral (and others who could not be mentioned) who were all being "run" by Mike Laws on behalf of Rathbun and Rinder who were secretly working hand-in-glove with DM and OSA to turn ESMB into a recruiting device for the "New and Improved Co$" ...:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Even after the "major source" for all of this was outed as one Boob Adams, VP of Co$ Inc., the True Believers persisted in the above Conspiracy Lunacy.:duh:

All the while, "we" went on trashing the cult's brand here in Oz and helping folks escape, recover and tell their stories :yes:

I was a small part of that, even peripheral. So I was just a stooge for the major OSAOSAOSAOSAOSA!!!!! personnel here on ESMB:omg:

Someday I'll write it all up - it reads like a very far-fetched fiction.:coolwink:

Especially how the True Believers pursued some of the major cult-busters because they were (apparently) OSAOSAOSAOSAOSA!!!!!:roflmao:

You can take the moron out of the cult, but it seems taking the cult out of the moron is :deadhorse:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

:yes: :clap: :biggrin: :yes:

Tory/Magoo