What's new

A little bit about my story

lostnfound

Hi there !

:newhere:

I was born into a Scientology family with both parents being fairly active members of it. Growing up, I always felt like the weird kid at school, who didn't have many friends and such and was a bit of a geek. I hung around the org a lot and felt 'comfortable' there.

I did some courses and I came out of my shell a little and I enjoyed what I read and the auditing that I received. I liked it a lot in fact.

I joined staff without finishing high school and I enjoyed it whilst I was stilll young. When I got to 17 and 18 and had been on staff now for 6 years, I was getting kinda bored of it. Felt that I couldn't leave because I was a bad person if I did. I also knew that the org was far off what it was supposed to be like and felt that I should be a good person and do something about it.

Never mind having no money, I was saving the world and the world would blow up with out me! I'd pee in the wind and don't worry, it'll work out some how.

Anyhow, a few years went by (and my debts got bigger along the way) and I got so fed up of not being able to get work, eating properly and having shit clothes. So, I thought maybe the right thing to do is join the SO and then maybe I will stop pulling all these things in and if I did so to start with, then I wouldn't be where I was.

So, I joined :ball:

I lasted 10 months and then the basics came out and I thought what the hell have I done!???? Get me outta here. I spent 2 months trying to get out, enduring the name calling, mental abuse and slavery I stupidly subjected myself to :floor: and I eventually packed my bags and left.

I left the SO thinking that I was a really bad person and look what I had done to the group and taken myself away from it.

Its taken me until now (1.5 years later) to really convince myself that I am a good person and that I am not what I was made to believe I am.

So I am on the outside and enjoying it!!! :dancer:

Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading more of your stories and sharing experiences. :happydance:

Pixie

Crusader
Hey lostnfound, this is a great story, I am so very glad you got out of there and got a life for yourself. For sure I can understand fully why you wanted to joing the SO, we were all saving the planet right... :duh: I tell you though you are really very brave to have done this considering you were born into it, that took a lot of strength and guts for sure.

Well hopefully reading others stories here and continuing to share will help too. Main thing is that you realize you are in fact a really good person, you wanted to help right, you gave up so much, as we all did, to help, and that to me says a lot about the type of person you are. Good to have you here... :thumbsup:

lostnfound

Hey thanks

Thanks Pixie! :)

There are loads of stories on here and I know some of the people on here personally and to see their stories on here was a turning point for me, so thanks everyone

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cheers kid!

Hey Lostnfound,

You are so very welcome :yes: :happydance: and, your presence and input is also "needed and wanted" here on the forum. :coolwink: :thumbsup:

Roy, the EP's EP (PMs always welcome!)

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome2: lostnfound!

Wow, so glad you got out, huh?

And me too, spent many years feeling like we just couldn't cut it, kinda thing.....:eyeroll:

Lovely group they are, huh? :grouch:

Look forward to hearing more of your story!

Michelle

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Welcome aboard and I hope we'll hear more from you. One question I have; I get the impression that the bulk if not practically all of 'new' recruits to Scn/SO are 2nd and 3rd generation. Does that match your impression?

Zinj

Carmel

Crusader
Hey lostnfound,

A big welcome to ESMB, but more so to this whole new start to your life. :thumbsup:

You are young - it's so heartening to see that you had whatever it took to get out when you did, and be where you are at now, with most of your adult life ahead of you. Being on staff at a such a young age, and considering all the indoctrination that you appear to have been subjected to - you have done well, and I applaud you.

Know that you have support here, so feel free to ask for it. :)

Cheers,
Carmel

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome Lostnfound!!!:thumbsup:

I hope you like it here and enjoy your stay.:happydance:

Can you say what your post was?

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Its taken me until now (1.5 years later) to really convince myself that I am a good person and that I am not what I was made to believe I am.
Wow, that was fast!! :welcome: LNF!! I enjoyed your story. It's great to have you here. It's good to know this board is helping. :yes:

Good afternoon to you. Well good for you, I'm estimating you're still young so you have done quite well to get out earlyish.

I'm curious about that question that zinj asked too, about the "recruitment pool" for the SO.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: lostnfound - glad you have YOUR life now :D

From what I can recall of the SO recruitment 8-9 years ago, it was all Scio kids that were going in and almost no adults - would that be correct to you?

In Sydney there was quite a flap over that a few years before that but it still continued, and for Cl V Org staff as well.

If you need help, you have lots of friends here :thumbsup:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
A big welcome from me and a VERY well done on your decision to look outside of the CofS box.
You'll find many friends here, as Scooter said, so feel free to just be yourself again. I'm sure you'll enjoy that. :)

lostnfound

Answer to zinj's question

Welcome aboard and I hope we'll hear more from you. One question I have; I get the impression that the bulk if not practically all of 'new' recruits to Scn/SO are 2nd and 3rd generation. Does that match your impression?

Zinj

When I was in, there were a lot of adults, some 2nd Generations there too.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Give yourself a lot of credit, lostanfound. Sounds like your family and probably your friends were all in the cult, you were indoctrinated for years, but you saw through it and got out. Not everyone is that smart.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Give yourself a lot of credit, lostnfound. Sounds like your family and probably your friends were all in he cult, you were indoctrinated for years, but you saw through it and got out. Not everyone is that smart.

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome

Glad you're out Lostnfound. :thumbsup:

It's awful the way the SO tries to make you feel like you're an awful person because you don't want to sacrifice yourself to a life of poverty, slavery, abuse and self degredation. It's so twisted. LRH sure set up a losing game, especially for staff, and the Devil Midget has made it even worse. I wish the rest of the SO would wake up and just leave like you did.

lostnfound

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the messages.

Definitley looking forward to speaking with you all and making some friends on here. I know some of you already. Give me a bit to get back to myself and settled and I'll tell you some more.

:coolwink: :thumbsup: