A Nanny Story

phenomanon

Canyon
Thank you, Face, for your confirmation and all your previous posts and testimony about the terrible conditions for the Sea Org children. Many exes here share your heavy heart for those sweet little muffins still stuck there after we left.

Do you or pkatz remember if the children always lived overnight at the nurseries up until the Fountain blg? Was there no family berthing at all until then?

- story continued -

When it dawned on me that the children were actually living at the nursery day and night, I was in shock. It was such a small place with such little stimulation. Most of the few toys provided were broken or incomplete and some impossible to sanitise. A big group of children in such a small, closed place was highly vulnerable to contagion from one another.

The toddlers spent the majority of their times in their cribs for lack of space. Many didn't get taken out by their parents at family time for weeks or even months, some only sporadically. Few diligently saw their children daily. I know what an effort that was, too, fighting seniors only interested in stats and production, so those parents certainly had their hearts in the right place, and it showed in the much better health and dispositions of their children.

As soon as I realised how long the kids were there, I realised as well that they were rarely getting any direct sunlight. :omg: Our nursery windows were small and sunlight was mostly blocked by the next building over, which was taller. There was only a narrow walkway between the buildings and the other side of the nursery was windowless, facing the hall.

i brought it up to the senior nanny (I'll call her Sue). Sue was concerned, but said they sometimes took the kids on trips. Later she admitted this had never happened for her nursery and she arranged for the van to take us with the toddlers to the local park. :happydance:

Excited, we prepared for nearly two weeks, including picnic baskets, extra nanny coverage, blankets, diapers, car seats, playpens, extra clothing and emergency supplies. When the day finally arrived, Sue, Dory, me and one extra nanny laughed and giggled happily, chatting enthusiastically about how much the kids would love this. It was a typical beautiful California day, too, sunny but mild. We finally arrived, spread out the blankets and arranged the children beneath the shade of some trees. Their eyes were wide and they stared. I thought the shock would wear off soon and pictured them joyously laughing in the sun while we worked to keep them from wandering off.

No such thing happened.

The toddlers saw where the direct sun hit the grass on the ground but were terrified to go near it. They'd cry and cling when we tried to encourage them. The best they did was to spread out under the trees keeping exactly the same distance between them as if they were still in their cribs next to each other.

My heart sunk. Their 'safe world' at the age of 1 to 2 years old was only about 4-1/2 ft by 2-1/2 ft .

We didn't stay long, maybe an hour. Sue insisted we return because the children were too frightened.

They were scared of the sun and even the grass.

When the van arrived, we rode in silence, staring out the windows with toddlers on our laps, lost to our private thoughts. The sunny day that started out with so much hope, promise and good intentions had somehow turned terribly grey.

This is as sad a tale as I have ever read.

Thank you, Face, for your confirmation and all your previous posts and testimony about the terrible conditions for the Sea Org children. Many exes here share your heavy heart for those sweet little muffins still stuck there after we left.

Do you or pkatz remember if the children always lived overnight at the nurseries up until the Fountain blg? Was there no family berthing at all until then?

- story continued -

When it dawned on me that the children were actually living at the nursery day and night, I was in shock. It was such a small place with such little stimulation. Most of the few toys provided were broken or incomplete and some impossible to sanitise. A big group of children in such a small, closed place was highly vulnerable to contagion from one another.

The toddlers spent the majority of their times in their cribs for lack of space. Many didn't get taken out by their parents at family time for weeks or even months, some only sporadically. Few diligently saw their children daily. I know what an effort that was, too, fighting seniors only interested in stats and production, so those parents certainly had their hearts in the right place, and it showed in the much better health and dispositions of their children.

As soon as I realised how long the kids were there, I realised as well that they were rarely getting any direct sunlight. :omg: Our nursery windows were small and sunlight was mostly blocked by the next building over, which was taller. There was only a narrow walkway between the buildings and the other side of the nursery was windowless, facing the hall.

i brought it up to the senior nanny (I'll call her Sue). Sue was concerned, but said they sometimes took the kids on trips. Later she admitted this had never happened for her nursery and she arranged for the van to take us with the toddlers to the local park. :happydance:

Excited, we prepared for nearly two weeks, including picnic baskets, extra nanny coverage, blankets, diapers, car seats, playpens, extra clothing and emergency supplies. When the day finally arrived, Sue, Dory, me and one extra nanny laughed and giggled happily, chatting enthusiastically about how much the kids would love this. It was a typical beautiful California day, too, sunny but mild. We finally arrived, spread out the blankets and arranged the children beneath the shade of some trees. Their eyes were wide and they stared. I thought the shock would wear off soon and pictured them joyously laughing in the sun while we worked to keep them from wandering off.

No such thing happened.

The toddlers saw where the direct sun hit the grass on the ground but were terrified to go near it. They'd cry and cling when we tried to encourage them. The best they did was to spread out under the trees keeping exactly the same distance between them as if they were still in their cribs next to each other.

My heart sunk. Their 'safe world' at the age of 1 to 2 years old was only about 4-1/2 ft by 2-1/2 ft .

We didn't stay long, maybe an hour. Sue insisted we return because the children were too frightened.

They were scared of the sun and even the grass.

When the van arrived, we rode in silence, staring out the windows with toddlers on our laps, lost to our private thoughts. The sunny day that started out with so much hope, promise and good intentions had somehow turned terribly grey.

Oh my. I remember you now, JustSheila! The girl with the young child in the room at Leb Hall. This is the crusher story. Have you told it elsewhere before? I might have read it then. Or maybe you told it back in the day. I got in around '77 or early '78 in PAC. I do know this story though, although not sure where, and I do remember meeting your child in your room for the first time - it was so long ago. I did call one of the child welfare institutions back then - and being on source and all, naturally wrote up a KR to back it up. I was sweating and shaking in the phone booth, fumbling through those thick chained books with half the pages torn out, craning my neck sure I would be found out any second. So upset nothing happened. Today, of course, we know all about safepointing.

Years later I was long out and not around anyone or anything, but ran into a familiar face, former in law of Bonnie Woods who I worked with in PAC but she actually was my first org contact in St Louis. Anyway, first thing I asked was about the Cadet org and nurseries, and was told they no longer existed. I was so relieved. Later, since I lived in same county as Flag, eventually ran into even more familiar faces, got talked into walking into Flag, then Freewinds. Found out Cadet Org had been resurrected. Soon after I escaped That close encounter, got hunted down at home, it got nasty, asked if true about child orgs, found out it was. Became an activist that very moment. I was on tours so most of the time not in PAC location but when I was, I tried to avoid anything that remotely smelled like an exec. At the end, when they'd broken me, I woke up one morning and found out I was one of Them. Didn't last long. But I tried everything I could to make it better for staff and all around me, do the humane thing, even as I was simultaneously becoming that asshole thing. You can imagine where I ended up.

Before that last stint I was thrust into the hellhole someone with a bad sense of humor called "Financial Planning Committee" meetings. Meetings? Reminded me more of Coliseum Roman times, thumbs up, thumbs down, live or die, throw the little ones off to the lions - definitely more like that. I believe that was around the time Miscavige came riding his jackass into town and that was the end of any pretense. It was no longer just the children, the mothers and fathers, the family "unit" that were impediments to the greatest good - it was the human condition. Being human became the problem.

Now and then I get my nose all up in a joint about hearing the daily drag down of all scientologists, all Ex's, all (fill in the blanks) were/are stupid, arrogant, narcissists, idiots, selfish, only want to be gods mantra. Today it's Grant Cardone and Kirstie Alley and some of the very few at the top of management that get held up for examples, of what was, how it was, how it is. These are important pieces, but they are only 1% of the puzzle. The majority was and are people like you, JustSheila, who probably did more with crumbs in the most impossible situations for no other reason than human compassion and love of life. That took not just intelligence and empathy, but a fast, sharp wit and deep pockets of care. It is people like you who came back because of those very children that have haunted us all. I certainly never wanted to become some selfish, stupid god and knew very few who were like that. There's a few in any group that you can count on for that, and maybe there is more of a concentration now that the whole club is circling the drain.

I only wanted a better life for myself, family, loved ones, friends and for anyone else interested in reaching for that dream. Most I knew did too. I had to write to you to let you know that I remember you now, just as you are remembering Hobson. I wanted you to know how much you effected me back then and how it's carried over to this very day. I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for speaking up. If you ever wonder again if it matters, don't. No child should ever be frightened of sun in the grass ever again.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh my. I remember you now, JustSheila! The girl with the young child in the room at Leb Hall. This is the crusher story. Have you told it elsewhere before? I might have read it then. Or maybe you told it back in the day. I got in around '77 or early '78 in PAC. I do know this story though, although not sure where, and I do remember meeting your child in your room for the first time - it was so long ago. I did call the one of the child welfare institutions back then - and being on source and all, naturally wrote up a KR to back it up. I was sweating and shaking in the phone booth, fumbling through those thick chained books with half the pages torn out, craning my neck sure I would be found any second. So upset nothing happened.

Years later I was long out and not around anyone or anything, but ran into a familiar face, former in law of Bonnie Woods, who I worked with in PAC but she actually was my first org contact in St Louis. Anyway, first thing I asked was about the Cadet org and nurseries, and told they no longer existed. I was so relieved. Later, since I lived in same county as Flag, eventually ran into even more familiar faces, got talked into walking into Flag, then Freewinds. Found out Cadet Org had been resurrected. Soon after I escaped That close encounter, got hunted down at home, it got nasty, asked if true about child orgs, found out it was. Became an activist that very moment. I was on tours so most of the time but when I was, I tried to avoid anything that remotely smelled like an exec. At the end, when they'd broken me, I woke up one morning and found out I was one of Them. Didn't last long. But I tried everything I could to make it better for staff and all around me. You can imagine where I ended up.

Before that last stint I was thrust into the hellhole someone with a bad sense of humor called "Financial Planning Committee" meetings. Meetings? Reminded more of Coliseum Roman times, thumbs up, thumbs down, live or die, throw the little ones off to the lions - definitely more like that. I believe that was around the time Miscavige came writing his jackass into town and that was the end of any pretense. It was no longer just the children, the mothers and fathers, the family "unit" that were impediments to the greatest good - it was the human condition. Being human became the problem.

Now and then I get my nose all up in a joint about hearing the daily drag down of all scientologists, all Ex's, all (fill in the blanks) were/are stupid, arrogant, narcissists, idiots, selfish, only want to be gods mantra. Today it's Grant Cardone and Kirstie Alley and some of the very few at the top of management that get held up for examples, of what was, how it was, how it is. These are important pieces, but they are only 1% of the puzzle. The majority was and are people like you, JustSheila, who probably did more with crumbs in the most impossible situations for no other reason that human compassion and love of life. That took not just intelligence and empathy, but a fast, sharp wit and deep pockets of care. It is people like you who came back because of those very children that have haunted us all. I certainly never wanted to become some selfish, stupid god and knew very few who were like that. There's a few in any group. I only wanted a better life for myself, family, loved ones, friends and for anyone else interested in reaching for that dream. I had to write to you to let you know that I remember you now, just as you are remembering Hobson. I wanted you to know how much you effected me back then and how it's carried over to this very day. I also wanted to take a moment thank you for speaking up. If you ever wonder again if it matters, don't. No child should ever be frightened of sun in the grass ever again.

^^^^THIS^^^^

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. A tough read. But good. Brings me some understanding.

(I was 3 in 1975 when my mother brought my brother and I into the Sea Org and the Melrose).

I guess that means I lived what Sheila is telling about.

And I am sure I did not get into one of the good nurseries. And sure that my mother did not pick us up every day.

As you read through this material you will see that some people tried to affect change. It wasn't for lack of knowledge about the conditions.

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Reference/Flag Orders/FO.index.html

This Archive
Co-Authors
Life History form required of all Sea Org staff in PAC.
16 Nov 1967
FO 301
Children - Ship Regulations
06 Jan 1968
FO 354
Sea Org Children
07 Mar 1968
FO 485
Parents Council
25 May 1968
FO 760
Cadets, Children, Designation
29 May 1968
FO 780
Sea Org Members
30 May 1968
FO 788
Children - Each children must be personally told this
03 Sep 1968
FO 1287
Cadets
03 Dec 1968
FO 1630
Governess
13 Jan 1969
FO 1729
2 D
17 Jan 1969
FO 1741
Children
05 Apr 1972
FO 3168
Nanny Hat Write-up
06 Apr 1972
FO 3167
The Organization of children in land based units
09 Apr 1973
FO 3307
Family Day
21 May 1974
ED #3
Cadet Org
28 May 1975
CO 3
Parent's time
31 Aug 1975
FO 3613
Care of Children - Legal Requirements
11 Sep 1975
CO ED 48
Ethics Protection for Children and Pre Cadets
31 Aug 1976
FO 3613RA
Care of Children - Legal Requirements
21 Dec 1978
FO 3739
2-D Rules
17 Jan 1979
ED
Confidential Marriage Certs
19 Mar 1979
ED # 179 ESTS BU WUS
Children in Cedars
05 May 1979
CADET GO ED
Parent briefing on Annex and PT scene
29 Jun 1979
ED NW 26 PAC
Pregnancies and babies in PAC
04 Jul 1979
PAC BO 317
Child care Org responsibility
03 Aug 1979
CMO ED 370 PAC
Important Cadet Estates Org handlings
28 Aug 1979
CMO ED 411
Re - Cadet Org
10 Dec 1979
Cadet GO ED # 12
Fountain, H.I., and Wilcox night scenes
04 Jan 1980
CMO ED # 502
Cadet Org Reorganization
28 Aug 1981
AIDES ORDER 203-71
PAC Cadet Org / Cadet Estates Org Establishment Eval
17 Aug 1982
PAC BO #106
Rules concerning Children/Cadets at Cedars
27 Sep 1982
FO 3616RA
Care of Children - Legal requirements
19 Jan 1986
FO 3879 cancelled
FO 3879, The Sea Org & The Future, cancelled
25 Jul 1992
FED 2830RB
Suppressive Persons and Suppressive Groups list

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. A tough read. But good. Brings me some understanding.

(I was 3 in 1975 when my mother brought my brother and I into the Sea Org and the Melrose).

I guess that means I lived what Sheila is telling about.

And I am sure I did not get into one of the good nurseries. And sure that my mother did not pick us up every day.

As I understand it, LRH was having strokes as early as 1975. He would be dead in 11 years. From his perspective the cost benefit analysis of investing in children probably didn't pencil out.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
As I understand it, LRH was having strokes as early as 1975. He would be dead in 11 years. From his perspective the cost benefit analysis of investing in children probably didn't pencil out.

Yes they instead used the money to send my mom on mission all over the US and the world while conditions for children got worse and worse. (no dad in sight either, but that is another story).

They don't even do missions to the orgs anymore.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yes they instead used the money to send my mom on mission all over the US and the world while conditions for children got worse and worse. (no dad in sight either, but that is another story).

This says a lot about the current state of orgs.

The orgs would be billed $$$ for missions. If Int Mgmt is not sending missions to the orgs, it would indicate that the orgs are so hard up for cash, that there's no money to pay for the mission.

(This brings to mind a time when I was taking a look at doing a WISE consultancy company with another guy. We looked at the paperwork, and noticed a section where they said they would not be doing management supervision of us, until we had grown large enough that it would be worth managing us.

My reaction was "Wait a minute. You are not going to give us any management help, until such point as we demonstrate, though our expansion, that we don't NEED your supervision?!?" )

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I haven't heard that. It was difficult to find people who could be taken off post but who were trusted enough to go on mission. When they tagged somebody for this they would get used repeatedly and they could essentially become full time. The default Data Analysis for a trouble area was an SP on staff or in the field. I’d think they would be madly sending witch hunt missions all over right now but it wouldn’t surprise me if they long ago used up all their good will credits in the orgs on IAS Donation regging missions.

JustSheila

Crusader
- story continued -

Toddler Rebellion and County Inspection

Children are unpredictable, often in the best ways. It turned out they'd gained quite a bit from their adventure to the park, just not the way we anticipated.

The next day and for weeks afterward, the kids were highly alert and rambunctious. Molly stole Damien's food off his tray whenever he turned his head, Tiffany could now climb out of her crib, Brandon was taking his diapers off, Jason had learned he had a great pitching arm for stuffed animals (though he sometimes didn't see others near him, lol). Jessica was busy investigating the variations of flavour and texture of wood, plastic and cotton and none of them were satisfied to stay in their cribs for long. The three oldest were now fascinated with the window, which was locked open at three inches. It was crazy! They were suddenly so expressive, and me being the energetic teen I was, I loved every minute of it.

Sue didn't see it that way, though. She was never the same after our disappointment at the park. Nowadays I know it was cognitive dissonance. For Sue, it was the beginning of the end.

For nine years she'd been in the SO, most of that as a nanny. Her stat was 'abilities regained' for her charges and I'd point out these wonderful things but nothing could get her to laugh. We also still had a child in sick bay, and Sue was worried about him.

Then Brandon took off his diaper and pushed it out the window. His timing was impeccable - the CEO Executive Director was just walking up the gangway with some man in a suit when the diaper hit the ground in front of them. :omg:I SWEAR this really happened !

'Duck!' I yelled to Sue so they wouldn't see us at the window, and I pulled Brandon away. I was laughing, it was so funny, the two of us crouched beneath the sill hiding while I held Brandon the diaper throwing streaker.

Then someone in the hallway started banging on the doors yelling, "Condition One! Condition One! Lock your doors!"

Sue explained to me that this was the drill when an inspector came. We were to keep the children quiet, not make any noise, and if anyone knocked on the door, say I was in the shower.

It lasted 15 minutes, then someone yelled, "All Clear!"

The inspector never knocked on the door.

Despite the fact Brandon had practically thrown a diaper on his head, clearly demonstrating the location of our chaotic nursery, he never knocked.

Crooked bribery, much?

- story continued -

Toddler Rebellion and County Inspection

Children are unpredictable, often in the best ways. snip

Then someone in the hallway started banging on the doors yelling, "Condition One! Condition One! Lock your doors!"

Sue explained to me that this was the drill when an inspector came. We were to keep the children quiet, not make any noise, and if anyone knocked on the door, say I was in the shower.

It lasted 15 minutes, then someone yelled, "All Clear!"

The inspector never knocked on the door.

Despite the fact Brandon had practically thrown a diaper on his head, clearly demonstrating the location of our chaotic nursery, he never knocked.

Crooked bribery, much?

Read the following in Hubbard's sonorous voice: Scientology is the most ethical organization on the planet...:hysterical:

Mimsey

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

<snip>

My children never once stayed all night in the nursery, however I was at the FLB although, for various reasons, had some information and insight into the conditions of the PAC nursery--especially after the Fountain bldg.

Face:)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is one of the more shocking posts I've read on ESMB.

Maybe to a certain extent when there have been less than ideal situations, whether it's rice and beans, the state of the nurseries, the staff living conditions, it was always in the back of one's mind that Hubbard wasn't aware of the situation, and if he were, something would get done.

But the fact that Hubbard actually did know about the nurseries, and it really wasn't ever about the money, he actually chose for the children to live in squalor.

Sheila illustrates how institutionalised the children were to such an extent that they were afraid of the sun and wide open space. It's exactly the sort of behaviour one finds in orphanages in developing countries.

I find it heartbreaking that these children weren't able to experience wind on their face, listening to waves, running around playing with friends getting a bit lost, and telling their parents all about their adventures.

I'm glad you are telling their story Sheila.

The "El Ron didn't know but if El Ron did know hisself wouldn't tolerate and fix it" image was an intentionally crafted ruse...which I cover in various parts of "Shooting Stars".:coolwink:

Yes, this is heartbreaking stuff but SO important that it be written into the record. Sheila's got alodda guts for doing this and I for one am deeply grateful. :yes:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

El Ron did NOT have a stroke in '75...Hisself had a pulmonary embolism...which I personally witnessed and have written about on ESMB...Although Sneaks will probably put up a Post that is all BS because I don't have an autograph picture I can Post of me with El Ron while it was happening. :whistling:

Face:eyeroll:

JustSheila

Crusader
- story continues -
Sick Bay and the $&@?&$ Fraud Medical Liaison Officer

L Ron Hubbard had never made arrangements by policy or otherwise for nannies to have legal rights to take sick children to the doctor. Only parents could do this. The child in sick bay (I'll call him Joshua) had been there at least three weeks, maybe even months. He'd been sick before I arrived as an EPF nanny. Sue was worried and called me over.

She asked me to take the child across the street where there was a free baby clinic and pretend he was mine and I couldn't speak English to get him antibiotics.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A range of emotions and reactions rushed through me - anger that this wasn't done weeks or months ago, deep concern for the toddler, shock that the mother, MLO and organisation didn't / couldn't / wouldn't / hadn't done this, and complete disbelief.

"Where is his mother?" I asked Sue.
"She's on mission. We've been trying to reach her but haven't been able to."

The child (I'll call him Joshua) was feverish, underweight and extremely pale. 'Dear God,' I thought, 'Poor little thing.' Tears rolled down my face when I looked back up at Sue. "Sure," I said.

It was a small clinic with mostly poor Hispanic mothers holding babies. I didn't wait long before the doctor saw me.

His eyes went wide as he saw the little one's condition. He got angry. What doctor wouldn't ? He chastised me for not bringing him there sooner, asked how he got sick. I put my head down and shrugged, saying only simple words in broken English with the best Spanish accent I could remember from my old High School class, throwing in a few Spanish words for good measure. I had no idea how he got sick or why he wasn't brought earlier so couldn't answer him anyway. It was humiliating. I'd never let a child get sick like that and not see a doctor, but I let him scold me and rant about young teen mothers who didn't know what they were doing. It was a small price to pay to get Joshua well again. He was just an innocent child.

The doctor gave him a shot right there and was very stern as he explained to me that the boy must be given this medicine twice a day until it was gone or he would die. I left, relieved to have the medicine so he could get better.

I found Sue in the MLO office explaining to the woman that she had sent me to the clinic for antibiotics. The MLO was there, a tall blonde with a husky voice and her hair put up in a sort of beehive style. I handed Joshua to Sue who placed him gently in his crib. Then I gave the antibiotics to Sue and explained to both of them how important the medicine was and the doctor said Joshua would die if he didn't get all the medicine and take it twice a day.

What happened next gave me nightmares for many years.

The MLO (I'll call her Marion) told Sue to give her the pills. Then she looked at the label. "Just what I thought," she said. She turned on the sink water and began dumping the pills down the drain.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled, "I told you the doctor said he'd die without those pills. Stop!" I tried to grab the pills, but it was too late.

Marion, the arrogant, self-proclaimed alternative medicine guru know-it-all cold fraud nasty heartless bitch just mumbled something about knowing what to do.

And just like that, the vital, life-saving medicine this helpless child so desperately needed that I had lied was my own for the precious pills that would save his life was gone. Every last bit of it.

The world went black. I think I fainted.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
OK, time to explain exactly how you could possibly have "first hand knowledge" of the above and how we might verify this claim. That would require identifying yourself and the exact organizational position you were in that had access to Hubbard's comm traffic. Note carefully: I am not calling you a liar or your report false. I am demanding to know how the claim can be verified as a true fact.

One of my major beefs with this venue is that people are entirely too credulous whenever they see even the most absurd discreditable claims made against Ron Hubbard.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

How it works around here, is that the old timers generally have at least one other person here who has interacted with them in real life, and who vouches for them, without having to disclose their identities for the whole world.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
El Ron did NOT have a stroke in '75...Hisself had a pulmonary embolism...which I personally witnessed and have written about on ESMB...Although Sneaks will probably put up a Post that is all BS because I don't have an autograph picture I can Post of me with El Ron while it was happening. :whistling:

Face:eyeroll:

It was always a big “This does not compute” for me that for all his talk about the value of children and family LRH would tolerate these conditions. It was inconceivable to me that he would actively create and support it, yet people who clearly had access to him knew about it and his fingerprints were all over the day-to-day operations. He was only 2 hours away in La Quinta or Hemet and his people made regular runs to the Complex.

But there were a lot of other signs that things were not all right at the top. The massive RPF buildup in 77 and the FBI raids, the ridiculous run up in prices around 79, the institutionalization of The Birthday Game stat push which was odd considering he was just a man and didn’t want to be worshiped, the living conditions and quality of life for staff never significantly improved the whole time I was there yet money skimmed from FPs could go for more buildings and the GO’s escalating legal battles.

Given the history, I now believe that this was just his nature but if LRH was becoming aware of his immortality around 1975 then it all starts to look like his final push to stamp his name in history and everyone else be damned.

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was always a big “This does not compute” for me that for all his talk about the value of children and family LRH would tolerate these conditions. It was inconceivable to me that he would actively create and support it, yet people who clearly had access to him knew about it and his fingerprints were all over the day-to-day operations.

But there were a lot of other signs that things were not all right at the top. The massive RPF buildup in 77 and the FBI raids, the ridiculous run up in prices around 79, the institutionalization of The Birthday Game stat push which was odd considering he was just a man and didn’t want to be worshiped, the living conditions and quality of life for staff never significantly improved the whole time I was there yet money skimmed from FPs could go for more buildings and the GO’s escalating legal battles.

Given the history, I now believe that this was just his nature but if LRH was becoming aware of his immortality around 1975 then it all starts to look like his final push to stamp his name in history and everyone else be damned.

As I have extensively detailed in "Shooting Stars", IMO--and that of some of my contemporaries--El Ron was gradually "slipping", "losing it" and becoming more and more "Paranoid" during the '70's and, by the early-mid '70's, was no longer "ready for Prime Time". One of the outward manifestations of this was El Ron steadily increasing Hisself's isolation from not just Apollo Crew and later FLB and, eventually all but a couple of trusted "Loyal Officers". This isolation included not just SO Personnel, but the general Public as well. El Ron stopped making BPI tape recordings (other than some RJ's) and would no longer interact with the Old Timer Major Mission Holders or Scn Opinion Leaders/Celebs/Luminaries when they came to Flag (Apollo, Daytona and CW FLB)--despite repeated personal requests from them to do so. :yes:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
- story continues -
Sick Bay and the $&@?&$ Fraud Medical Liaison Officer

L Ron Hubbard had never made arrangements by policy or otherwise for nannies to have legal rights to take sick children to the doctor. Only parents could do this. The child in sick bay (I'll call him Joshua) had been there at least three weeks, maybe even months. He'd been sick before I arrived as an EPF nanny. Sue was worried and called me over.

She asked me to take the child across the street where there was a free baby clinic and pretend he was mine and I couldn't speak English to get him antibiotics.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A range of emotions and reactions rushed through me - anger that this wasn't done weeks or months ago, deep concern for the toddler, shock that the mother, MLO and organisation didn't / couldn't / wouldn't / hadn't done this, and complete disbelief.

"Where is his mother?" I asked Sue.
"She's on mission. We've been trying to reach her but haven't been able to."

The child (I'll call him Joshua) was feverish, underweight and extremely pale. 'Dear God,' I thought, 'Poor little thing.' Tears rolled down my face when I looked back up at Sue. "Sure," I said.

It was a small clinic with mostly poor Hispanic mothers holding babies. I didn't wait long before the doctor saw me.

His eyes went wide as he saw the little one's condition. He got angry. What doctor wouldn't ? He chastised me for not bringing him there sooner, asked how he got sick. I put my head down and shrugged, saying only simple words in broken English with the best Spanish accent I could remember from my old High School class, throwing in a few Spanish words for good measure. I had no idea how he got sick or why he wasn't brought earlier so couldn't answer him anyway. It was humiliating. I'd never let a child get sick like that and not see a doctor, but I let him scold me and rant about young teen mothers who didn't know what they were doing. It was a small price to pay to get Joshua well again. He was just an innocent child.

The doctor gave him a shot right there and was very stern as he explained to me that the boy must be given this medicine twice a day until it was gone or he would die. I left, relieved to have the medicine so he could get better.

I found Sue in the MLO office explaining to the woman that she had sent me to the clinic for antibiotics. The MLO was there, a tall blonde with a husky voice and her hair put up in a sort of beehive style. I handed Joshua to Sue who placed him gently in his crib. Then I gave the antibiotics to Sue and explained to both of them how important the medicine was and the doctor said Joshua would die if he didn't get all the medicine and take it twice a day.

What happened next gave me nightmares for many years.

The MLO (I'll call her Marion) told Sue to give her the pills. Then she looked at the label. "Just what I thought," she said. She turned on the sink water and began dumping the pills down the drain.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled, "I told you the doctor said he'd die without those pills. Stop!" I tried to grab the pills, but it was too late.

Marion, the arrogant, self-proclaimed alternative medicine guru know-it-all cold fraud nasty heartless bitch just mumbled something about knowing what to do.

And just like that, the vital, life-saving medicine this helpless child so desperately needed that I had lied was my own for the precious pills that would save his life was gone. Every last bit of it.

The world went black. I think I fainted.

GAWD HOW AWFUL & MONSTROUS!!! :angry:

Face:bigcry: