ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A note on the Sea Org and Fitness Boards

Discussion in 'Grundy's Guide to Scientology' started by grundy, Nov 20, 2008.

1. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

Someone posted a question over at ESK and I realized that this info might be important or relevant to some.

This was my reply:

There used to be a policy that those that were let go because of medical reasons were not given a freeloader bill.

However, someone later cancelled that because it "wasn't source."

Of course, they are supposed to take care of ill sea org members.

In order to be have a permenant fitness certificate, you are supposed to receive and pass three fitness boards.

The first one is when one first joins.

Having received a permenant fitness board, one couldn't be let go for medical reasons.

The only way to get a permanent FB cancelled is to request to leave and leave according to the routing form.

I happen to know this, because I had a permenant FB at one point.

2. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

just idle thoughts -because I had read something about him having more "looking after" than what usually seems to happen in the SO

There must have been a reason. Did he have a lot of money that they wanted to get their paws on?

And your comment that they were looking after him - and by inference not really being the bad guys.......(I know you are just commenting, not asserting anything). He died. What treatment did this MS person have while they were "looking after" him. Did they assess his needs. Did his immediate helpers understand his condition. What treatment is recommended for people with his condition? Was treatment withheld for cult belief reasons. How many types of treatment or maintenance options were withheld in the process of finding a home where "psych drugs" would not be administered.

3. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

I dont know .. I was just copying the post from ESK

4. His post had been Security Chief Int. He knew too much. There are some people that will never be let go no matter what.

5. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

That is a good cult reason to "look after him" by ensuring that he did not get appropriate treatment for his condition.