What's new

A Price Rise for Scientology Religious Scriptures Is Coming

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
A Price Rise for Scientology Religious Scriptures Is Coming.

Mike Rinder: A Price Rise Is Coming
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/a-price-rise-is-coming/

As always, please go to Mike's blog for his analysis and the analysis of his commentators.

* * * * * LEADED E-MAIL * * * * *

URGENT IMPORTANT DATA REGARDING GOLDEN AGE OF KNOWLEDGE MATERIALS PRICE CHANGES!

At the end of the year there will be new increased donation rates for the Basics, Congresses and ACC’s so now is the time to complete your Golden Age of Knowledge library!!!

For more information on this and the special gifts that you can receive for package completions over the Christmas period, call Darren the Bookstore Officer at Saint Hill on 0044 1343 324571 or 0044 7765207565.

Or ask for more information by reply.
Darren Hill – Bookstore Officer

* * * * * END LEAKED E-MAIL * * * * *

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Price changes, donation rates ? this is the most thinly veiled bussiness/church
in existence :clap: with all due respect to the Mormons selling magic underwear :melodramatic::yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hopefully all their prices will double on 1/1/15
I was thinking the same except the cult is now offering loans, ten months interest free.
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/bridge-will-finance-you/

Considering the amount of people who have reported that money disappeared from their accounts for the basics without their permission, how many are going to find themselves suddenly in debt due to surprise donations to the library scam, next IAS meritorius level, other people's bridge...:omg:

Elronius of Marcabia

I was thinking the same except the cult is now offering loans, ten months interest free.
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/bridge-will-finance-you/

Considering the amount of people who have reported that money disappeared from their accounts for the basics without their permission, how many are going to find themselves suddenly in debt due to surprise donations to the library scam, next IAS meritorius level, other people's bridge...:omg:

OMG :omg: at last its finally come TONE 40 ridiculous :clap: Scientology is "THE BANK" poetic irony of epic proportions :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
A Price Rise for Scientology Religious Scriptures Is Coming.

At the end of the year there will be new increased donation rates for the Basics, Congresses and ACC’s so now is the time to complete your Golden Age of Knowledge library!!!

TRANSLATION:

1. The term "donation rates" is an oxymoron. It either is a donation or it isn't. If it is a donation, then it doesn't have a pricelist (rates). WARNING: Hubbard Law of Commotion in play.

2. With vast numbers of Scientologists blowing and the public's rejection and ridicule of all things Hubbard, the demand for Scientology is at an all time low. Simultaneously, the supply of Scientology (tens of millions of unused new square feet of Ideal Orgs and idle staff members that have no PCs to audit) is at an all time high. Yet the already-exhoribant prices continue to soar! Because this violates universal law (supply & demand) at such a basic and profoundly stupid level, we can be sure that Scientologists are having huge wins and laughing about the "wogs' com lag"-- which accounts for the temporarily crashed stats just before the org is literally flooded with paying public.

That horseshit goes for next to nothing on eBay and they're raising prices? That's what happens when you drop out of the 9th grade and never study free market economics. :duh:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Emma needs to increase her requested donation rates to accommodate the increase in EDMB bandwidth requirements that this latest price, er, donation hike will lead to.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
That horseshit goes for next to nothing on eBay and they're raising prices? That's what happens when you drop out of the 9th grade and never study free market economics. :duh:

I see it differently. Free market economics doesn't apply in a situation where a hard core of the Scientology public believes it has no choice but to do whatever the CofS asks or risk losing its "eternity." And believes that the old Scn books on EBay are obsolete now because DM says so.

Seen from that perspective, raising the prices of the new books is a smart if cynical move on their part.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see it differently. Free market economics doesn't apply in a situation where a hard core of the Scientology public believes it has no choice but to do whatever the CofS asks or risk losing its "eternity." And believes that the old Scn books on EBay are obsolete now because DM says so.

Seen from that perspective, raising the prices of the new books is a smart if cynical move on their part.

Well, it gives them another number they can label "upstat" :no:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Sec Check blog has more information on this from Mexico.

Sec. Check: 2015 Price Increases
https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/2015-price-increases/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

XY5NchS.jpg

Mike Rinder today reported that Scientologists are being urged to buy now to avoid coming price increases. How much of an increase? If a set of Basics in Mexico is typical – prices are going up by 20%. 8,000 Mexican Pesos equal US $558.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

This cross-post is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
88x31.png

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
The Sec Check blog has more information on this from Mexico.

Sec. Check: 2015 Price Increases
https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/2015-price-increases/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

XY5NchS.jpg

Mike Rinder today reported that Scientologists are being urged to buy now to avoid coming price increases. How much of an increase? If a set of Basics in Mexico is typical – prices are going up by 20%. 8,000 Mexican Pesos equal US $558.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

This cross-post is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
88x31.png

Have you sent this to Rinder?

cleared cannibal

Last year with GAT II release there was a deduction in processing donation rates. I think it went from $3200/intensive to $2500/intensive for members(class VI orgs). In marketing you can try high volume, low margin or low volume, high margin. Looks like the high volume didn't work so now they are going for high margin. In any business there is a certain population which will pay what ever the price is. The hard core scios are in this group.

The high margin, low volume business is more unstable and more at risk as it relies on much fewer individuals. What happens when they die ,get mad, go bankrupt? It's too soon to say but this could indicate the next phase of collapse.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last year with GAT II release there was a deduction in processing donation rates. I think it went from $3200/intensive to $2500/intensive for members(class VI orgs). In marketing you can try high volume, low margin or low volume, high margin. Looks like the high volume didn't work so now they are going for high margin. In any business there is a certain population which will pay what ever the price is. The hard core scios are in this group.

The high margin, low volume business is more unstable and more at risk as it relies on much fewer individuals. What happens when they die ,get mad, go bankrupt? It's too soon to say but this could indicate the next phase of collapse.
They live forever, are the authorities on sanity and they are at cause over MEST.

They can't collapse.

Just a few months ago I binned about a dozen Scientology books. I could have been rich!

Evolution of a Science
8-8008
Handbook for Preclears
Advanced Procedures and Axioms
Control ands the Mechanics of SCS
Original Thesis
Notes and Lectures
Fundamentals of Thought
and several others.

The only ones I kept are
Creation of Human Ability (1955 gold-edged edition)
Science of Survival (The first I ever bought, in 1955)
DMSMH (Commemorative edition picked up in a second hand bookshop)
Dianetics Today
Clear Procedure Issue One

Mike

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/a-price-rise-is-coming/

Good Old Boy said:
I want Little boots to go completely broke paying for lawyers to keep his ass out of jail. Then have to go to jail anyway. This is my Ideal scene for him. Its the best thing for him
really as his Auditing was going nowhere.

Valerie said:
Good Old Boy,

I want David Miscavige to not go to jail. I want him to lose control of the gazillions of dollars he has stolen and then try to make a living in the real world. Say, by working at McDonalds?

He is a person with no life skills. Yelling and hitting people is not a life skill. Unlike other people he has abused, his ability to survive after he is “stripped of his power” would be less than nothing.

Dang. :goodorbad:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
Good Old Boy,

I want David Miscavige to not go to jail. I want him to lose control of the gazillions of dollars he has stolen and then try to make a living in the real world. Say, by working at McDonalds?

He is a person with no life skills. Yelling and hitting people is not a life skill. Unlike other people he has abused, his ability to survive after he is “stripped of his power” would be less than nothing.

Of course he could make a living! For example, he could do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR2HjsWQwZM

Paul

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Of course he could make a living! For example, he could do this:

[Vid snipped]

Paul

Yarrr!

And cool, you've already fixed that " :omg: " avatar. :)

Btw., I had an EEG once (routine check) and officially don't have epilepsy (at last none that gets triggered by flashy lights). Also, I like to stare at artful GIFs sometimes, like this, that, and that. And I decidedly like the work of this guy. So, I officially was just bitchin' around. :biggrin: